facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 17, 2017, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Default Debate: Do you like the idea of the Burqa/Niqab/Full cover garment

Personally, as a Muslim, I do not like the idea of a Burqa,To be honest, I really dislike the idea of the complete Burqa that covers everything from head to toe, It really isn`t compatible in today's societal context, and lets not get started on the social implications it draws out, people in this century need to see a face in order to communicate, don`t get why people still wear the Burqa, as I see it as a hindrance to rights plus, its deeming, another thing I feel is that it can be a safety risk these days, with the enslaught of terrorism, its a right thing by many countries to ban the burqa and niqab, just does not work in the 21st century....Plus its not even obligatory, so I don`t know why its so highly regarded, especially in Bangladesh, were we have tainted intrepretations of the quran, were many imams preach the wrong/incorrect thing.

Old February 17, 2017, 06:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

On the aspect of safety, I do agree it shouldnt be allowed. But on the aspects of rights I dont agree. If you think of it from another prespective, if wearing this cloth is banned , isnt one infringing the rights of someone willingly wanting to wear this garment?

I know you used the line "just does not work in the 21st century" for the clothing but this is something alot of anti Islam activist use to make Islam sound out dated. I am not religious myself but trying to justify Islam with the 21st Century is something I dont have the capacity to debate about.

And on a counter note, if the Quran was properly interpretted/followed in our country, why are we still the most corrupted country in the world? why is alcohol allowed to be sold and produced in our country?
Old February 17, 2017, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

There is no mention of wearing a burkha in the Quran.
However, it does say how women must dress. The Burqa fits that criteria. As the burkha is the traditional dress of the Arabs, AND as Islam's birthplace is Arabia, Muslims tend to wear the burkha.

Wearing hijab / scarf is compulsory.

Wearing niqab isn't mentioned anywhere in the Quran and invented in SE Asia. In fact, it is prohibited to cover your face when doing Umrah or Hajj.
Old February 17, 2017, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Touchy subject. Let people decide for themselves what to wear. IMO

Islamically it is not compulsory to be fully covered. Hijab is covered the hair, up to the wrist, fully down to the feet, but you don't have to cover your face. Hijab isn't just the garment, it's much more than that, Hijab is whole package itself, how you conduct yourself, behave, act. Goes to both genders.
Old February 17, 2017, 05:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynight
I do not like the idea of a Burqa,To be honest, I really dislike the idea of the complete Burqa that covers everything from head to toe, It really isn`t compatible in today's societal context
DinRaat,
Please wear one before make a judgment on the cloth.

I heard from those who wear, that she/they felt uplifting while wearing a burkha cause they are not subjected to tease while wearing and walking in the BD streets.

If someone wants to wear one, who am I to stop them? Wouldn't that violate their freedom of choice in wearing what cloths they want to wear?
Old February 17, 2017, 06:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
DinRaat,
Please wear one before make a judgment on the cloth.

I heard from those who wear, that she/they felt uplifting while wearing a burkha cause they are not subjected to tease while wearing and walking in the BD streets.

If someone wants to wear one, who am I to stop them? Wouldn't that violate their freedom of choice in wearing what cloths they want to wear?
If women are teased than society should find a way to punish the culprit (the men) and make the street safe for women. Not force the victim to hide herself.

Hypothetically speaking men can also roam the streets wearing a ski mask, but that is not ideal either when you are socializing.
Old February 17, 2017, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Didn't that girl who used to do private tution get raped and beheaded by BD police? She wore a hijab and burkha - didn't do her any good
Old February 17, 2017, 06:23 PM
Cricket Savant

When I walk into a pub I always warn.. Lower your gaze, women. Lower your gaze!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 17, 2017, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

If a woman wears a burqa willingly it shows that she is striving to being completely devoted to Allah. Society is trying to make ppl dress down and wear less but instead a burqa wearing muslim is going against the social norm and for that i will always have a lot of respect for women who wear the burqa. They are experiencing true freedom, something we all muslims should strive for because in today's society we are tied down to people i.e. our boss, wives etc. The idea that other people "dont like it" or "feels weird" when it comes to seeing a woman wear a burqa is rather a reflection of that person's imaan imo but thats not an assumption that i want to make but I don't see any other reasoning.
Old February 17, 2017, 07:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Burqa/Niqab/Full cover garment
I also would like to add few other topics: Burkani, Kurbani, and Halal Beer.

What do you think?
Old February 17, 2017, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Another thing is, Why The F, do people make dawat for 100s of people after a relative dies, a auntie of mine who recently died. We had to feed people in our village for their Dua!!!!.... What kind of **** mentatility is this, feeding people for their dua, I ask them if this is mentioned in the quran, they say it is, when it clearly isn`t, such a false tradition built on lies
Old February 17, 2017, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

I have my opinions,but will stay away from debate.
Except to say security,that is the only real problem I have.
Many of the Black widow Russian bombers wear Burquas too.
Otherwise don't care.

We have many Muslims in Wollongong,doesn't bother me,I see Buquas give a curios glance and move on.
For me to see a Turban or a Sikh headdress would cause more astonishment, because I have seen Burquas often and not Sikhs with headdress or people with Turbans.
And yes we do have Indians in Wollongong,their is a temple near here.
Old February 18, 2017, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I don`t get where is the debate..

If you have grown up and established yourself properly who is forcing you to wear burqa if you are not willing to wear it personally.
It is a personal matter how one wants to dress up him/herself..
Old February 18, 2017, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Another thing is, Why The F, do people make dawat for 100s of people after a relative dies, a auntie of mine who recently died. We had to feed people in our village for their Dua!!!!.... What kind of **** mentatility is this, feeding people for their dua, I ask them if this is mentioned in the quran, they say it is, when it clearly isn`t, such a false tradition built on lies
It is actually a misconception I guess. The only thing you can get in return in most cases by feeding those 100s of upper class society of relatives is backbiting.. there will be more comments on the food and organizations than the actual issue
Old February 18, 2017, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
That's taking the conversation away from the main topic of burqua . But yes this is more of a cultural thing of the dawat. But feeding the poor people when someone dies, what's the harm in that? And I have seen lavish funerals done in the west. And a lot of money is spend there as well. Some of them dress the dead person in a very nice suit. A lot of guests are very concerned what dresses they will wear to the funeral, etc etc. Every culture has their own way of funeral preparations. This is Bangladesh's way.
Old February 18, 2017, 10:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_E
If women are teased than society should find a way to punish the culprit (the men) and make the street safe for women. Not force the victim to hide herself..
Clearly you didn't read my last sentence.

And the so called society laws is not being implemented 99% of the time. Fail on you and me. Her wearing a Burkha, is HER CHOICE. Not your's or mine. Same with Hijab.
Old February 18, 2017, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Very worrying.

If a women wants to show faith in God by listening to the command of the Quran, Bible, etc, than should one force them from not following those command? e.g. some women cover themselves by wearing the Hijab for modesty etc.. irrespective of what religion you come from, should the law of the land take away the right of the women to practice their religion?

I find it very strange that some humans are trying to force women's to becoming like them, e.g. walk half naked, wear tight fit clothes etc.. just because you don't wear a hijab etc should you force others to do the same? I don't really understand this logic. I agree that on certain things you can't cover your face, etc while you go through airport checks etc.. but going out to the market, in public places, the women has the right to exercise her religious belief? or should law take that right away from the women?
Old February 18, 2017, 10:22 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

An adult can decide whatever he or she wants to wear in public. It's his or her choice and not our business.

We should not force other people to wear or not wear something because it feels weird to us. This is a problem with "us" not the person who is wearing the dress.
Old February 18, 2017, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:

And the so called society laws is not being implemented 99% of the time. Fail on you and me. Her wearing a Burkha, is HER CHOICE. Not your's or mine. Same with Hijab.
You are actually getting in argument with this tonmoy guy? LOL. Do you not see a trend in his posts? This guy is somewhat delusionally closed minded if you ask me....

Obviously he never interacted with a true strong muslim woman yet talks so much crap about women rights, minority right... delusional this guy.
Old February 18, 2017, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Women wear burqa in fear of being teased? haha.. This guy lives in a hole i think and creates stories in his head...

If some goon is gonna tease a women.. he will tease her whether she wears full burqa or see through blue shaari or bikini...
Old February 18, 2017, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Maybe it's time you spend some of your money (thukkku your parents money) on charity than on yourself. I think there is problem in the way you think.

Feeding people in village makes you angry? Bhalo Khub bhalo. This mentality is the problem not the other one.
Old February 18, 2017, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Very worrying.

If a women wants to show faith in God by listening to the command of the Quran, Bible, etc, than should one force them from not following those command? e.g. some women cover themselves by wearing the Hijab for modesty etc.. irrespective of what religion you come from, should the law of the land take away the right of the women to practice their religion?

I find it very strange that some humans are trying to force women's to becoming like them, e.g. walk half naked, wear tight fit clothes etc.. just because you don't wear a hijab etc should you force others to do the same? I don't really understand this logic. I agree that on certain things you can't cover your face, etc while you go through airport checks etc.. but going out to the market, in public places, the women has the right to exercise her religious belief? or should law take that right away from the women?
Very simple.. change the place you live in.. ofcourse the first consideration should be whether staying in that land where she is deprived from performing her religious act willingly and by sacrificing it can she do any considerable good for the society or not. if this doesn`t matter and she can establish herself anywhere then she should quit from there. yes she will face difficulties and that is the test and will show your real imaan within the heart. Maybe better opportunities are awaiting elsewhere, we are too scared to search for.. actually there are always some people who are escapist and tries to find the reasons for undone..

I have even seen people who do not pray properly in the day during week days because they feel shy to pray around the non muslims...
Old February 18, 2017, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Very simple.. change the place you live in.. ofcourse the first consideration should be whether staying in that land where she is deprived from performing her religious act willingly and by sacrificing it can she do any considerable good for the society or not. if this doesn`t matter and she can establish herself anywhere then she should quit from there. yes she will face difficulties and that is the test and will show your real imaan within the heart. Maybe better opportunities are awaiting elsewhere, we are too scared to search for.. actually there are always some people who are escapist and tries to find the reasons for undone..

I have even seen people who do not pray properly in the day during week days because they feel shy to pray around the non muslims...
If you have to flee a country to practice your religious obligation, you ought to question what is happening to the world?

Are we returning to the dark ages again?
Old February 19, 2017, 01:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

My comment was based on you saying
" heard from those who wear, that she/they felt uplifting while wearing a burkha cause they are not subjected to tease while wearing and walking in the BD streets" and I am sorry but I find such an excuse extremely annoying.

Burkha is "her choice"... no doubt.. I do not oppose it but I will definitely oppose if society punishes women for not "wearing" it as is the case in IRan and Saudi. Also please note, I never came accross a genuine source that states muslim women must wear burkha...
Old February 19, 2017, 09:09 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

According to any gender development index you look at, some of the worst countries for women will include muslim countries like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Afghanistan etc.

Best countries include countires like:
Iceland,Norway,Australia,Canada,Ireland,Sweden,Swi tzerland, Japan etc.

But yeah.. keep believing Burqahs are not a tool for subjugation of muslim women worldwide

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ma...nder-equality/