facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 6, 2007, 01:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
my sentiments exactly. bangali, bihari and adibashi, we're all bangladeshi. BTW, do you know titu from RMC, probably your senior?
whats his full name? i'm quite old dude...........i'm 97 HSC batch............it's been 10 years..

Old June 6, 2007, 01:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

he's haji mokbul's incorruptible second son. also went to school in BKK, before getting his MBA from the US and graduating at the top of his class. gobore poddophul.

he and i are both older than you BTW.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 6, 2007, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
he's haji mokbul's incorruptible second son. also went to school in BKK, before getting his MBA from the US and graduating at the top of his class. gobore poddophul.
I heard about him from one of my very good friend from Md.pur. Is he that good? Just curious. and by the way, I went to RMC (class 3-5,many years ago) and used to live in Jainul abedin house.
Old June 6, 2007, 01:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I heard about him from one of my very good friend from Md.pur. Is he that good? Just curious. and by the way, I went to RMC (class 3-5, many many years ago) and used to live in Jainul abedin house.
he is believe it or not, and has always been that way. i used to summer with my father in our house in Asad Gate when he was the GOC of the 9th Infantry Division and ZMLA of Dhaka during the early 80s.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 6, 2007, 01:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

he and i are both older than you BTW.
yes he is lot senior than me. He went to assumption university(abac) in bkk like me. The ex president of the univeristy still remembers him for his great results.
I dont' know him perosnally but had heard a lot about him being living in mdpur and bkk. we used to stay just opposite of their white massive house in mdpur. I used to see him driving lexus jeep during that time. Extremely good looking guy.
And his young brother Panna, used to stand infront of all the girls school in mdpur with his rahul cut hair hehehe......long time ago..
Old June 6, 2007, 01:42 AM
Cricket Savant

pinu (tarique rahman, never tarique zia) also went to RMC after being thrown out of St. Joe's.

Last edited by Sohel; June 6, 2007 at 01:49 AM..
Old June 6, 2007, 01:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
yes he is lot senior than me. He went to assumption university(abac) in bkk like me. The ex president of the univeristy still remembers him for his great results.
I dont' know him perosnally but had heard a lot about him being living in mdpur and bkk. we used to stay just opposite of their white massive house in mdpur. I used to see him driving lexus jeep during that time. Extremely good looking guy.
And his young brother Panna, used to stand infront of all the girls school in mdpur with his rahul cut hair hehehe......long time ago..
looks and flash: you're talking about masud, the eldest one. charismatic and scary.

brains, values and integrity: that's titu all the way. aree bhabi, his beautiful thai wife since assumption, runs the best thai restaurant in BD, 4th floor of navana tower just below the BCB offices.

panna: still the same, pretty much.

Last edited by Sohel; June 6, 2007 at 02:11 AM..
Old June 6, 2007, 01:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
pinu (tareque rahman, never tareque zia) also went to RMC.
yes i know. He went to same english teacher as i went. Mustafa sir of DRMC. Mustafa sir used to tell me during the private tution that this guy is going to rule bd soon. Mustafa sir told us that khaleda's son never paid him well and often would not pay for month. I guess it was during the ershad time. .....
Old June 6, 2007, 01:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
looks and flash: you're talking about masud, the eldest one. charismatic and scary.

brains, values and integrity: that's titu all the way. aree bhabi, his beautiful thai wife since assumption, runs the best thai restaurant in navana tower just floors below BCB.

what do they do now?
......Mukbul is quite inactive now. My dad is diehard awami supporter having worked with Mujib and was impressed by him. But he never cast his vote for Mukbul.
Old June 6, 2007, 01:55 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
pinu (tarique rahman, never tarique zia) also went to RMC after being thrown out of St. Joe's.
hmm, I always heard that he went to saheen school. may be before shaeen shcool.
Old June 6, 2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:

brains, values and integrity: that's titu all the way. aree bhabi, his beautiful thai wife since assumption, runs the best thai restaurant in navana tower just floors below BCB.

@ corner? Agreed. Very yummy food.

I used to go to Mdpur in 96-97 and then again 99-2000 to my bangla tutor's place. I Remember passing Haji Mokbul's house every day, and seeing that big white lexus SUV with the Arab license plate. Would often see (presumably "Masud" in it) in the streets of Banani Gulshan too.
Old June 6, 2007, 02:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
yes i know. He went to same english teacher as i went. Mustafa sir of DRMC. Mustafa sir used to tell me during the private tution that this guy is going to rule bd soon. Mustafa sir told us that khaleda's son never paid him well and often would not pay for month. I guess it was during the ershad time. .....
putul auntie was never known to be too generous before becoming a politician, then she had to be, especially to the likes of khondokar mosharraf hossain (rana's dad, zinaat's husband), nazmul huda, mirza abbas, haris, falu, mamun, pintu and countless other BNP criminals who managed to assassininate zia uncle the for the second time, immediately after hasina khala showed them the way by assassinating her father again during her tenure.

NEVER AGAIN, thank God. the days of the BNP-AL-JP-JAMAAT mafia are OVER. no, i'm not speaking too soon bro...

Last edited by Sohel; June 6, 2007 at 12:34 PM..
Old June 6, 2007, 02:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
@ corner? Agreed. Very yummy food.

I used to go to Mdpur in 96-97 and then again 99-2000 to my bangla tutor's place. I Remember passing Haji Mokbul's house every day, and seeing that big white lexus SUV with the Arab license plate. Would often see (presumably "Masud" in it) in the streets of Banani Gulshan too.
mokbul uncle, masud and panna are running from the ACC at the moment. titu's in dhaka, clean as a whistle and with nothing to worry about. @ corner has been certified by the thai ministry of culture as one of the best thai restaurants in the world. no thai restaurants from india made that list BTW... BD 1 - India 0

Last edited by Sohel; June 6, 2007 at 02:37 AM..
Old June 6, 2007, 02:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
hmm, I always heard that he went to saheen school. may be before shaeen shcool.
the St. Joe's episode is well concealed... for good reason.
Old June 6, 2007, 02:10 AM
Test Cricketer

i dont' know whether this is true Sohel bhai, but i heard Titu was good student but created lots of problems in bkk as well. I don't know it's about his wife but he used to fight a lot with one of his friend name Suvo later went to MIT in the states with assumption scholarship. Suvo came back to bkk to teach at assumption as that was the deal but he left assumption without letting them know. AFter that assumption univeristy stopped giving scholarship to bangladeshi's and we were the victims.

As far as i know suvo's dad used to work in ADomji jutemill later mukbol also charged him coz of their fight in bkk.
shobee shona kotha jodio. ANd the source: is my apartment manager. The old lady used to see them fighting.
Old June 6, 2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
the St. Joe's episode is well concealed... for good reason.
Might as well spill it. I'm curious to know
Old June 6, 2007, 02:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
i dont' know whether this is true Sohel bhai, but i heard Titu was good student but created lots of problems in bkk as well. I don't know it's about his wife but he used to fight a lot with one of his friend name Suvo later went to MIT in the states with assumption scholarship. Suvo came back to bkk to teach at assumption as that was the deal but he left assumption without letting them know. AFter that assumption univeristy stopped giving scholarship to bangladeshi's and we were the victims.

As far as i know suvo's dad used to work in ADomji jutemill later mukbol also charged him coz of their fight in bkk.
shobee shona kotha jodio. ANd the source: is my apartment manager. The old lady used to see them fighting.
can't, won't comment on that bro. but, they're really happy together now, and have a couple of lovely, smart, humble and polite kids to show for it.
Old June 6, 2007, 02:19 AM
Test Cricketer

i don't know whether titu stayed in my condo in bkk but one day when i was working in my room, a man knocked the door and instantly came inside the room. He is bangladeshi and said he used to live in that room during 1988 while he studied in bkk. I offered him tea. I completely forgot his name though. He said he lives in Germany and has machinary business, had transit via bkk to dhaka.

do you know him sohel bhai? ........he was asking for old guys like rony bhai (working in grameen now) and hasan bhai (living in bkk and became hujor.)
Old June 6, 2007, 02:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Might as well spill it. I'm curious to know
be patient bro, it will ALL come out sooner than you think. we have an increasingly responsible free press, thanks to the recent independence of the judiciary giving more teeth to the rule of law, and the momentum of popular reform sweeping the country.
Old June 6, 2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
be patient bro, it will ALL come out sooner than you think. we have an increasingly responsible free press, thanks to the recent independence of the judiciary giving more teeth to the rule of law, and the momentum of popular reform sweeping the country.
pm me the gossip then? I wont tell... promise
Old June 6, 2007, 02:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
i don't know whether titu stayed in my condo in bkk but one day when i was working in my room, a man knocked the door and instantly came inside the room. He is bangladeshi and said he used to live in that room during 1988 while he studied in bkk. I offered him tea. I completely forgot his name though. He said he lives in Germany and has machinary business, had transit via bkk to dhaka.

do you know him sohel bhai? ........he was asking for old guys like rony bhai (working in grameen now) and hasan bhai (living in bkk and became hujor.)
titu lives in dhaka. he owns and teaches at the City University in banani. he also owns a brockerage firm and managed to remain clean during the Beximco/AL share market fruad during the AL reign, despite being the vice-chairman of DSE. he's recognized by ADB and other international bodies as one of most honest, brightest financiers in bangladesh. we worked on a non-partisan anti-corruption and financial reform package together before the interim government was forced to assume power. i was also supposed to teach with him at City University at one point. great guy.

Last edited by Sohel; June 6, 2007 at 12:36 PM..
Old June 6, 2007, 02:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
pm me the gossip then? I wont tell... promise
sorry bro, the law has teeth in bangladesh now.

Last edited by Sohel; June 6, 2007 at 02:45 AM..
Old June 6, 2007, 02:29 AM
Test Cricketer

hehhe world is so small. i'm glad to stay in that infamouse room in my student life. Ya he was in my room (abac condo-2) for 10 minutes. Excellent guy. Do give my regards to him if you ever meet him.
Old June 6, 2007, 02:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
hehhe world is so small. i'm glad to stay in that infamouse room in my student life. Ya he was in my room (abac condo-2) for 10 minutes. Excellent guy. Do give my regards to him if you ever meet him.
small world, will do bro.
Old June 6, 2007, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
However,if that comes out,it'll also show how honest a person Zia was,Because he could have turned it around easily.

BTW,I'm also from DRMC,a lot junior than you although.