facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Who is going to be our next Prime Minister
Dr. Muhammad Yunus 18 81.82%
Khaleda Zia 1 4.55%
Sheikh Hasina 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner
Default Who is going to be our next Prime minister?

Dr. Yunus: I'd say he has 30% chance of winning. Lets face it, his bank takes interest of 35%. Islamicly, we not allowed to do that. Our population are 85% Muslims. Other 12% out of 15% will vote for Awami league. I know we are not that backdated, however, statically, after Jamat Islam's inclusion, BNP won by big mergin on last election. Therefore, I'd say he still has alot of hard work to do!

Khaleda Zia: I'd say 35%, minding she won by big mergin last time. Even though many leaders miss used their power, however, u'll still see many voting for them. Khaleda's son might be taking her down. Also, There is a strange fact, no party ever stayed in power more than one period for BD (Except Ershad, and we all know how he stayed). So lets see...

Sheikh Hasina: Also 35%, minding their loss at last election after abusing and closing many Madrasa. We are still very religious minded taking overall country. She will get many minority votes. Her personality is still a big question mark. I think joy is a punk. Hopefully he won't take over Awami later on.

to sum up, I personally will go for Dr. Younus . I think it's gonna bring him lots of criticism. However, he is the only man in Bangladesh, who I see as Mahatir Mohammad of Malaysia.

Your thoughts...

Last edited by MarufH; February 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Updated

Old February 27, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Voted for Dr. Yunus, but I highly doubt that our people will be able to see the value in political reform.
Old February 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yunus all the way. I am expecting it to be a 100% poll in favor of yunus.
Old February 27, 2007, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
Yunus all the way. I am expecting it to be a 100% poll in favor of yunus.
Great insight. Could you please also let us know who would win the next US president election? Thanks in advance.
Old February 27, 2007, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Great insight. Could you please also let us know who would win the next US president election? Thanks in advance.
Barack Obama.
Old February 27, 2007, 05:23 PM
Cricket Legend

blazinmaruf does bring up a very valid point. The common rural person will place a lot of importance on this. Especially when Imams after Imams in different mosques starts preaching that voting for Yunus will be a gunah since he deals in interest.

Yunus will need to find a clever way of diverging the issue from "his bank collects interest" to "look how his bank saved poor people just like you".

If he actually can get his volunteer based organization ready on time, that should help also. As opposed to the reverse pyramid of other parties (leaders come from Dhaka and deliver a speech), his party will have the normal pyramid structure.

If indeed the good segment of a locality leads his party in that local area, they will get a lot of votes. In our "normal" situation, these good people would have been beaten up or killed by political mastans. But under the current situation, that is very unlikely.

If law protects them from mastans and if indeed Dr Y can recruit the genuinely good people in each locality, I think his chances are very high.

Old February 27, 2007, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

One other thing will affect Dr.Y's votes also. It is the "electablity factor".

Many people will not vote for their candidate of choice if they think the candidate will not win.

If Dr. Y can establish to the general people that he really DOES have a good chance of winning, then you will see him getting a lot of votes. People will not want to see their candidate of choice losing just by a few votes.

Sorry if this did not make sense, but I strongly believe that Dr Y needs to establish his (and his party's) electability as early as possible.

Old February 27, 2007, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

you do not run for the prime minister position, there is no voting for a prime minister in BD as far as I know. Once a party or a coalition wins the majority of the seats their members select an MP from their group to be the Prime Minister. So for Dr. Y to become Prime Minister Nagorik shakti has to win the majority of the seats in the parliament and then the members of Nagorik Shakti will decide who to elect as PM. The way things are neither AL or BNP coalition are willing to side with Nagorik Shakti or vice versa.

So the question is will Nagorik Shakti take the majority of seats in upcoming election?
Will Nagorik shakti elect Dr. Y as the Prime Minister?
Old February 27, 2007, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
you do not run for the prime minister position, there is no voting for a prime minister in BD as far as I know. Once a party or a coalition wins the majority of the seats their members select an MP from their group to be the Prime Minister. So for Dr. Y to become Prime Minister Nagorik shakti has to win the majority of the seats in the parliament and then the members of Nagorik Shakti will decide who to elect as PM. The way things are neither AL or BNP coalition are willing to side with Nagorik Shakti or vice versa.

So the question is will Nagorik Shakti take the majority of seats in upcoming election?
Great! You just explained the question to yourself. When the question is asked in Bangladeshi context, that is what is exactly means. Nagorik Shokti majority = Dr Y PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Will Nagorik shakti elect Dr. Y as the Prime Minister?
Now, that is a dumb question. Anyone care to answer?
Old February 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I am afraid none of them!

Old February 27, 2007, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
I am afraid none of them!
I think your fear will not translate into reality. The rumour about military rule is a natural grape vine byproduct in this situation. All indications are that we will have a truly free and fair elections. Granted that it will be at least a year, may be even two, before that happens.
Old February 27, 2007, 08:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

It is gonna be Shiekh Hasina .. .sorry guys, I hate it as much as you do ... but that is what will happen.

Source: নিরভরযোগ্য সুত্র।
Old February 27, 2007, 11:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
It is gonna be Shiekh Hasina .. .sorry guys, I hate it as much as you do ... but that is what will happen.

Source: নিরভরযোগ্য সুত্র।

Shiekh Hasina and Khalde zia will never be the prime minister of Bangladesh again. Mark my word today.
Old February 28, 2007, 07:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Shiekh Hasina and Khalde zia will never be the prime minister of Bangladesh again. Mark my word today.
apner mukhe phool-chondon purok!!