facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 11, 2007, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Default History of OIL video (WW I to Iraq)

Robert Newman addresses the History of Oil in the following video. I believe it to be the simple truth that billions of us fail to see.. the fundamental economic concept of scarcity (more specifically the limited supply of natural resources such as OIL) has, is, and will be the major cause of the problems that dominate our television screens and newspapers.
So when you've got a good 45 mins to yourself, check out this video.. it is a MUST SEE!! I encourage you to broaden your horizons and look past the distractions presented to us under the various covers of interfaith, international, interracial, intercontinental, intercivilization conflict. After all, we share the same earth.. we've got to learn to share its resources too, and if that's just too difficult, we need to find alternatives!
Who would've ever thought that WWI started with the invasion of Iraq and NOT the assasination of Archduke Ferdinand??! whatt??? (Newman puts it quite well.. Ferdinand couldn't have been THAT popular, loll.) Can I please get a refund on all my world history courses? wow!
"However, the distal causes of the conflict were multiple and complex." ~ last sentence of the paragraph entitled Causes under WWI on www.wikipedia.com. I guess that refers to the sophisticated details Newman discusses:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85792978336967
*Disclaimer: This is not meant to downplay any nation/people. Greed is human nature.. power corrupts.. and most probably anyone with the capability of doing what the British did, would ultimately have done the same. At the same time, colonialism and imperialism are NOT foreign concepts that should be left to a distant time period. The factors of those forces are still very much prevalent today. The masses are still being exploited (sometimes by foreigners and sometimes by themselves as they are divided among each other under the banner of color or creed). Ex: present day Iraq.
Lets find alternative methods to make this world more livable for the masses, and to all my public policy buddies, lets work on national and international legislation to further the funding for technological development and research projects on an international level, which would be a step in the right direction to help promote a peaceful coexistence for future generations and residents of the Earth.

[Quote: I just copy pasted the whole post from another forum, the above is not my writing, but gives a good summary nevertheless]

Old April 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Thanks. I'll definitely check it out this weekend.
Old April 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Coast of Vietnam. Huge Oil reserve. Tajikistan (north of Afganistan) is the second largest oil reserve in the world. The only way to get that out is through Afganistan (pipeline) hense they were attacked by the USSR and then USA. Nigeria, Columbia, Venezuela all oil producing country. Then Iraq-Iran. Kuwait. There you have it. 90% of the post WWII wars are there. Only big exception is the Korean war. I am not sure if that peninsula have oil or not.
Old April 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think in the video it say they too have it. SO when r we going to have the war since we got a lot of oil too...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled