facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 6, 2023, 10:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
But this was unexpected and a bit shocking news for me. I don't think anyone qustioned his inclusion this WC.

If he gets replaced by that moron soumya sarker (and i say this being a sarkar fan for a loong time), hathuri should be kicked out of the team the moment sarker scores a duck. HIs inclusion would be illogical.
Haturi should be kick in the *** with a haturi attached if Sarkar fails

Old July 6, 2023, 10:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Another sad thing is Tamim legacy will end by getting owned by Farooqi every single time.
Old July 6, 2023, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I saw Tamim doing some voluntary work where he gifted a sponsored car. He even wanted to support that poor family.

I wonder whats next for Tamim?

Someone said a commentator but even though his English is way better than Samcha Shamim, I dont think he is one who can go on for long hours .

I guess not much work on ads.

Perhaps an BPL mentor?

At point maybe he might become a selector (when Papon dies or leaves BCB ofcourse)
Old July 6, 2023, 02:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Sarker is guaranteed to be a golden duck factory calling it now. Might as well be sending in Taskin to bat as an opener, and playing an extra bowler.

I still believe Papon and the coach bullied Tamim into this retirement. Papon in particular has a track record of bullying our senior players and constantly threatening them with replacement. No other cricket board president is this much involved in the selection of the cricket team.

Truth is we don't have a substitute for Tamim as an opening batsman for the CWC.
Old July 6, 2023, 02:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Seniors are not completely innocent. They can also be toxic in the dressing room like Mushfiq.

I hope BCB have a backup plan for Tamim. I guess they figured any new Comer can't do worse than Tamim like Naim Sheikh, Rony Talukdar, and they will be faster and agile in the field.
Old July 6, 2023, 02:27 PM
Test Cricketer

A day before Tamim retired Papon questioned his professionalism in an interview

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/d...rement-1386182

Quote:
On the morning of the first ODI on Wednesday, the Bengali daily Protidiner Bangladesh published an interview with BCB president Nazmul Hassan, who accused Tamim of being unprofessional, a response to the captain's statement that he wanted to play the first ODI against Afghanistan despite not being fully fit. Hassan also said head coach Chandika Hathurusinghe was irate with Tamim's statement.

"The captain is saying before the first match of the series that he is not fit but he will play," Hassan told the newspaper. "He will understand his fitness by playing the match. It is not a professional attitude. I don't know why Tamim would say such a thing. I spoke to the coach who is not used to such behaviour. He is upset. Tamim has to tell us clearly what he wants to do. I will go to Chattogram to watch the match.

"I lost my temper at Tamim's statement. Hathu shouted at me for half an hour on the phone. Did he think it is a street cricket match? He is saying he will check his fitness by playing the match. Either you are fit, or you're not fit. The doctors can't find anything. The coach told me what he said [in the media]. Tamim has to decide what he wants to do. He is always unsure if he wants to play or not. He did it in the previous match too."
Old July 6, 2023, 02:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Exactly, the seniors think they can do or say whatever they want. Papon and Hathuru clearly did not take the loss against Afg lightly. Papon type of president is what these guys exactly need and deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
A day before Tamim retired Papon questioned his professionalism in an interview

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/d...rement-1386182
Old July 6, 2023, 04:36 PM
BC Editorial Team

We knew when Hathuri came, some senior was bound to leave. Shakib is next. Papon is a pox on our cricket.
Old July 6, 2023, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Exactly, the seniors think they can do or say whatever they want. Papon and Hathuru clearly did not take the loss against Afg lightly. Papon type of president is what these guys exactly need and deserve.
I think the bigger picture is being missed. Sure, be mad at Tamim, talk to him behind the door. No point in vomiting everything that was discussed behind closed doors to the media. This isn't the first instance. Mashrafee, Mushfiq, Riad, and now Tamim. Our board has serious professionalism issues. If you knew you didn't want Tamim to continue, why not remove him from captaincy and hand it over to whoever they deemed was better?

The point is, these guys are the reason why BD can dream about doing anything, at the end of the day, regardless of their attitude/toxic behavior (mostly from Shakib? lol) - no one deserves to call it a quit like these guys are doing. There are some deep issues in BCB and we fans don't know or will not know till one of their books comes out but at the end of the day, management is stupid. Players will come and go, but to boot them out like this, who is a legend for your own country, what would the next generation think? It's not normal that one after another senior player is calling it a quit in a terrible fashion. this is a joke.

Last edited by godzilla; July 6, 2023 at 07:39 PM..
Old July 6, 2023, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

So many posts about Tamim not being in form. Am I missing something here? Top 3 run getter for Bangladesh in the last one year in ODIs. Right before this Afghanistan match, he hit a match winning 69 against Ireland in Chelmsford which was the highest score for the team. I find it ridiculous that people are saying Tamim’s form is an issue. This is an irreplaceable loss. World Cup will see big scores and Almost everytime we successfully chased a 300 plus score, it has been Tamim providing a solid foundation. Whether it was World Cup ‘19 against West Indies or World Cup ‘15 against Scotland or a response to that Charles Coventry 194 where we chased down 300+ because of Tanim’s 150 plus. It’s such a sad day for our cricket.
Old July 6, 2023, 07:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
So many posts about Tamim not being in form. Am I missing something here? Top 3 run getter for Bangladesh in the last one year in ODIs. Right before this Afghanistan match, he hit a match winning 69 against Ireland in Chelmsford which was the highest score for the team. I find it ridiculous that people are saying Tamim’s form is an issue. This is an irreplaceable loss. World Cup will see big scores and Almost everytime we successfully chased a 300 plus score, it has been Tamim providing a solid foundation. Whether it was World Cup ‘19 against West Indies or World Cup ‘15 against Scotland or a response to that Charles Coventry 194 where we chased down 300+ because of Tanim’s 150 plus. It’s such a sad day for our cricket.
100%. He had a different role, but with Litton also out of form, we will regularly be down (at least) 2 wickets during the power play.

Still processing the fact that he won't play again. As the youngest of our senior players I thought he would be the last to retire - even with all his fitness issues.
Old July 6, 2023, 08:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Dear Shehwar, it wasn't "so many posts" but mainly me pointing it out. I get your point and honestly haven't dug up his stats. I also haven't watched the video fully where he was emotional and thus cannot empathize. As much as I have been a huge fan of Tamim, pointing out he has been a deadweight - to put in bluntly- may be in a poor taste on his day of retirement - but it had to be said from me.

And lol I can't wait to see how the drama unfolds. CricFrenzy and other Bangla 'news' networks got it as if he will be back. I won't even be damned if he were to return the very next match. Haha.

And by the way, you are seriously not bringing up his Coventry riposte? That was which decade.... Damn I am getting old.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 6, 2023, 09:09 PM
Cricket Savant

I mean I am not the one making videos like this one up....haha

Old July 6, 2023, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I mean I am not the one making videos like this one up....haha

Wasn't there similar videos/things that were popping up during mashrafee's T20 retirement too?
Old July 6, 2023, 10:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Maybe Papon-Hathuru pushed him over the edge, but Tamim seems to be having plenty of issues with his techniques and motivation to play this year. Despite not having any international commitment, he intentionally missed out bulk of the matches in BCL and DPL. Instead of playing cricket, he enjoyed a month long Nagad sponsored vacation in Thailand.

From pre-series camp clips I had seen, his fitness and batting form were alarming. He was struggling even against net bowlers from Dhaka First Division. Both Siddons and Hathuru tried to help him, so did Mushfiqur Rahim. To me, it seems he took the field against AFG on some wishful whim that all his troubles would go away if he just plays a match. When that failed, looks like he lost his will to go on. Even in past, he showed that he does not have the mental strength to withstand pressure in an ICC event to deliver even as an individual player. Ridiculous to see he was chosen to lead the team in this WC.

I am not opposed to him reconsidering to play for Bangladesh team in the WC. But I hope he's wise enough not to reclaim captaincy.
Old July 6, 2023, 10:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Anyone else getting sick of Mustafiz opening the bowling while trundling at 132k?

We need Ebadot and Taskin up front opening the attack. Hasan Mahmud also doesn't have enough consistent pace. BD analyst think he is the next coming of McGrath lol.
Old July 6, 2023, 11:06 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Anyone else getting sick of Mustafiz opening the bowling while trundling at 132k?

We need Ebadot and Taskin up front opening the attack. Hasan Mahmud also doesn't have enough consistent pace. BD analyst think he is the next coming of McGrath lol.
I am no cricket expert but I haven't seen anything from Hasan that indicates he is a future prospect
Old July 7, 2023, 04:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Farewell to the greatest batsman Bangladesh has produced so far.

It's a shame he hasn't played more tests especially in Eng/Aus - after his breathtaking 100 at Lord's in 2010 (he had scored another in that series too).
Old July 7, 2023, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2...prime-minister
Old July 7, 2023, 09:36 AM
Test Cricketer

BREAKING -

Tamim Iqbal reverses retirement decision after meeting Bangladesh PM
He will return to action after taking a six-week break to recuperate from his injuries

Quote:
Tamim Iqbal has withdrawn his retirement a day after announcing it in emotional circumstances in Chattogram, following an intervention by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Their meeting took place on Friday afternoon at her residence in Dhaka. Tamim, accompanied by his wife, met Hasina alongside former captain Mashrafe Mortaza and BCB president Nazmul Hassan.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/t...hasina-1386270
Old July 7, 2023, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Yeah. Kinda called it. ^^^^

Hujuge Bangali.

Old July 7, 2023, 09:38 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

We are a to z clowns
Old July 7, 2023, 09:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Causing unnecessary drama everywhere we go is perhaps the most Bengali trait ever.
Old July 7, 2023, 09:40 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
BREAKING -

Tamim Iqbal reverses retirement decision after meeting Bangladesh PM
He will return to action after taking a six-week break to recuperate from his injuries

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/t...hasina-1386270
Why were you playing in the first place? I agree with papon's statement. You dont check your fitness by playing an international match

Absolutely unprofessional attitude from Tamim. From playing to retirement to this U turn. He was the last guy from whom I expected this
Old July 7, 2023, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Tamim should be booted off the team just for this fiasco and wasting PM valuable time. I have no hope on him as WC captain anymore.