facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 8, 2005, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Post your \"Random\" and sometimes inexplicable thoughts here

Jean Jaques Rousseau ,the French philosopher, defined boundary of FREEDOM - when you get into somebody else'sFREEDOM. So then it becomes intrusion into other people's FREEDOM. Which can occur individually or collectively. Huh I have heard folks say - It is so clear!
But personally (and always) suspected this particular Frenchman.

Sin,or whatever you want to call it, also has been defined as- what DIVIDES you. Also, the "What" that disintegrates you. Internally or externally; Individually or collectively. I found it also very clear.

At a particular school that I went to, of which i shall not mention, and where I grudgingly attended several courses, we were discussing about OPERATIONAL DEFINITIONS /DEEPER DEFINITIONS of human actions and events. That means when you clearly and deeply define something you can get closer to the fields of truth.

And then it is up to you to... whatever you want to do about it.

Just wanted to share some thoughts with you as I was feeling lonely. Oh and if you care we can make this the random thought sof the day thread. That was the point of the whole thread.

To add further credence to this thread I would appreciate if you post deep stuff here, i.e let's add a philosophical angle here.

Edited on, March 8, 2005, 7:50 PM GMT, by oracle.

Old March 8, 2005, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

So this is a random atlami thread?

Let me try to trace the root of the bengali word "Atel", with the nasal chandrabindu over A and the soft T.

My guess is that it comes from an abridged version the french pronunciation of the word "intellectuelle". The "in" is pronounced as exactly we say A with a chandrabindu over it. And the "t" is soft.

So Bangla "Atel" is basically the french "intell".

"Atlami" is ofcourse the Bangali's attempt to form a Bangla noun about the vocation of the Atel. So, Atlami is the Bangla bastardization of what is known in romantic european languages as "intellectualism".

"Atlami" has the same negative connotation among Bangalis as intellectualism has in the west.
Old March 8, 2005, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

And from the word "Atlami" the word 'Batlami' was created I think.
Old March 8, 2005, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

BCCI should invite Pakistan President Musharraf to watch India Pakistan Game.
Old March 8, 2005, 05:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Kids should avoid Milk and concentrate on exercise instead for stronger bone.
Old March 8, 2005, 05:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Bolton is nothing but trouble for every one. Rice and Bolton made for each other.
Old March 8, 2005, 05:04 PM
Administrator

the word Fazlami derives from Fazal
Old March 8, 2005, 05:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
the word Fazlami derives from Fazal
Thanks for clarification I always suspected that Fazal have some kind of relationship with either Fazel or Fazlami.

This thread is good!!!
Old March 8, 2005, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i should go out more in the afternoons...the weather's getting better all the time and right now it's so sunny and bright (although i wouldn't think it's more than 3/4 C)...i can see the tops of buildings glazing in the sun...white smoke coming out from them...the blue sky...beautiful..

wait...what's wrong with me? i'm getting turned on by some pollution coming out of a factory and ripping through the ozone, thus leading to global warming and the eventual destruction of mankind? crap...i guess i should change my definition of "natural beauty"...

but the only thing that's beautiful about the nature that is visible to me right now is the sky...no trees...no greenery...

so i guess i shouldn't blame myself for loving the smoke...

hmmmm....maybe one day this is what the whole earth, and not only a small part of a big city, will be like, and the sight of flowing water, trees, or even the ground will become very rare...
Old March 8, 2005, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

RAB man held for bribery.

Ab tomoke bachabe ke
Old March 8, 2005, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
RAB man held for bribery.

Ab tomoke bachabe ke
I think only cross-fire can save him.
Old March 8, 2005, 05:28 PM
Test Cricketer

why do people smoke?
Old March 8, 2005, 05:42 PM
BC Editorial Team

and what do these people smoke ?
Old March 8, 2005, 05:57 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Where is spring? I can't take anymore snow. Its supposed to be spring already, and yet its snowing....
Old March 8, 2005, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

i was incorrect. the temperature was well below 0. something around -10 with the wind chill. i too am looking forward to sppring now.

r bikale bair howar shokho mite gese

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 2:41 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old March 8, 2005, 06:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

cricket khelummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old March 8, 2005, 06:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

i'm out of weed- any online website to purchase weed?
Old March 8, 2005, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

oh my GOD.. ai ki korlam ajke
Old March 8, 2005, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Jean Jaques Rousseau ,the French philosopher, defined boundary of FREEDOM - when you get into somebody else'sFREEDOM. So then it becomes intrusion into other people's FREEDOM. Which can occur individually or collectively. Huh I have heard folks say - It is so clear! But personally (and always) suspected this particular Frenchman.
What exactly do you find suspicious about Russaeu's definition of freedom?

Quote:
Sin, or whatever you want to call it, also has been defined as- what DIVIDES you. Also, the "What" that disintegrates you. Internally or externally; Individually or collectively. I found it also very clear.
I don't find it very clear at all. How do you?

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 1:02 AM GMT, by Arnab.
Old March 8, 2005, 08:24 PM
Cricket Legend

What exactly do you find suspicious about Russaeu's definition of freedom?

Ok. here we go. To dissect him you need drop all your "Romantic" preconceptions (which by the way still linger today), about Rouseau. I find freedom to be ill defined in the first place. Ill defined today as it was ill defined in this gentleman's era. And here lies the problem. What is freedom? If we agree on freedom, well, then the matter is straightforward, I mean then the the boundaries are agreed and mutually respected. But , freedom is never an agreement. It is fought over. The only possible means of freedom is disappearance of freedom, i.e freedom is made mundane and inconsequential- a delusion just as many a delusions we have in childhood that are overcome by more understanding.

Hence, suspicions about Rousseau's definition of Freedom. An entirely fabricated concept made to suit a preconceived political theory and agenda of a time. Anyone reading some of his paragraphs would fall into that trap...

"I don't find it very clear at all. How do you?"-
About Sin? It can be perceived in numerous ways and not always following one definition.
It either disintegrates you or divides you. All things in man's world does that- it is divisive, this or that, black or white. It becomes clear as soon as you see sin for what it is..

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 1:30 AM GMT, by oracle.
Old March 8, 2005, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default Posting some deep stuffs..adding a philosophical angle of the most powerful word in English language

Umm...well, sh*t... sh*t may just be the most powerful word in the english language. You can be sh*t faced, sh*t out of luck, or have sh*t for brains. You can be full of sh*t and with a little effort, you can get your sh*t together, find a place for your sh*t or decide to sh*t or get off the pot. You can smoke sh*t, buy sh*t, sell sh*t, lose sh*t, find sh*t, forget sh*t, and tell others to eat sh*t and die. Some people know their sh*t while others can't tell the difference between sh*t and shineola.

There are lucky sh*ts, dumb sh*ts, crazy sh*ts, and sweet sh*ts. There is bull sh*t, horse sh*t and chicken sh*t. You can throw sh*t, sling sh*t, catch sh*t, or duck when sh*t hits the fan. You can give a sh*t or serve sh*t on a shingle. You can find yourself in deep sh*t or be happier...than a pig in sh*t. Some days are colder than sh*t, some days are hotter than sh*t, and some days are just plain sh*tty. Some music sounds like sh*t, things can look like sh*t, and there are times when you feel like sh*t. You can have too much sh*t, not enough sh*t, the right sh*t, the wrong sh*t or a lot of weird sh*t. You can carry sh*t, have a mountain of sh*t, or find yourself up sh*t creek without a paddle. Sometimes everything you touch turns to sh*t and other times you swim in a lake of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose. When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of creation. Consider, once you know your sh*t, you don't need to know anything else! You could pass this along...if you give a sh*t.

Disclaimer: reducing the irreducible to a jargon laden meandering stream of unconscious dialogue with myself
Old March 8, 2005, 10:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Does the end ever justify the means? Looking at Afghanistan's history I am beginning to think it does.. Whatever type of government that is established there, it is surely better than that of the Taliban. It seems that the people there are very happy that the Americans bombed the heck out of their country. If anyone does have the opportunity, please do check out the feature film The Boy who plays on the Buddas of Bamiyan. It's a real eye opener.
Old March 8, 2005, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
It seems that the people there are very happy that the Americans bombed the heck out of their country.
Are you that easily brainwashable? People put under immense psychological distress can make ludicrous conclusions even about their own conditions.

Hell, wasn't there a survey a few months back that declared Bangladeshis as the most content people in the world?

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 3:25 AM GMT, by Arnab.
Old March 8, 2005, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

the movie osama sucks...i didn't like it
Old March 8, 2005, 10:36 PM
Test Cricketer

I am not being brainwashed. I am just thinking of the situation of Afghanistan and trying to understand from an empathetic and apolitical perspective. If my country was to be ruled by the Taliban and was being driven back to the dark ages, yes I would want to be rid of them. If that means sacrificing not just my own life, but that of those who are dear to me, then so be it. It would be for the greater good of thousands of other people in future generations.