facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 16, 2006, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Which one you prefer - Being in Corporation or in academia

After working for a while, remaining serene and tranquil with all the "mental" torture of elite big shot bosses with their white greetins in dark suits, I wonder what else is rest. Coming to this country, knowling all are equal, breathing the refresehning "freedom" air, We know we will have a "decent" lives. Hey what more to expect when you are second class to the creators of the land of freedom.

Now, even the change of destination taking me to the land of "puppets"[our beloved recruiters who bargain with us like we used to bargain in market], supposedly they are our own kinds, selling us like materials to those hungry wolves who pay their pocket first and "think" of keeping the rest for the second class humans.

Does change will give me or you(whoever suffering) any solace? Or it will put me in a different cage? When living cost and insurance cost rising, why they tell you to work without BENEFITS?

May be academia is good where you do your own work, nights and days staying all night producing your thesis. I guess it's more satisfying and rewarding when you are biologist doing research of cells of human kind and your accomplishment is posted on university journal without knowing where your theory is "sold" and where the money is going "selling" your idea. May be you are a chemist researching and trying to find ways of a "chemical hazardness of mass destruction". You could be Economist doing several intricate models to create the "ever successful monetary policy/system". May be your are more contented when you are in academia in engineering discipline creating circuits which will be more "cost efficient" and will "bring more money to the company".

Old June 16, 2006, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

... or may be you work for federal government where you get paid for almost doing nothing most of the time.... no worry of lay-off....... no motivation of fat bonus or a quick promotion.... just clock-in in the morning and then count your fingers for the next 8 hours to pass by.... nothing challenging.... nothing interesting..... no fear .... no hope..... sometime you have doubt "am I alive or dead".... boring time... like trying to take a nap in hot humid summer in Dhaka with no air-conditioner... just a fan trying its best but with litte result.....

And then firday comes with hope and excitement.... new weekend... new life.... Yahoooo !!!!!! Its Party Time !!!!!
Old June 16, 2006, 06:04 PM
Banned

Some people are perfectly cut out for government jobs, with relative job safety and better benefits. Then there are others that wouldn't last a month in the dull environment.

Reading the SS post, I can easily say that your problem won't be fixed by picking up a "research" endowment somewhere. Sounds more like you are irked by the lack of your own control of your life and destiny. It also shows your fear of being exploited. I say you take the plunge and start something of your own.

Whether you work for yourself or for someone else, you make your own salary, you know. However, when you are the boss, you get to keep the windfall.
Old June 16, 2006, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

The problem is its not easy to get ourselves in a position where we can earn money only doing some research work. Moreover everyone is not interested in research work.

Its always nice to have our own company but not too many people affords it,again there is a good opportunity to develop the skills working in a corporate company.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru

I am loosing it...apparently i found out my own VP is with one of managers who are creating all the problem. The manager hates me and now the VP is also putting me aside. What should I do??
Old June 21, 2006, 08:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
May be academia is good where you do your own work, nights and days staying all night producing your thesis. I guess it's more satisfying and rewarding when you are biologist doing research of cells of human kind and your accomplishment is posted on university journal without knowing where your theory is "sold" and where the money is going "selling" your idea. May be you are a chemist researching and trying to find ways of a "chemical hazardness of mass destruction". You could be Economist doing several intricate models to create the "ever successful monetary policy/system". May be your are more contented when you are in academia in engineering discipline creating circuits which will be more "cost efficient" and will "bring more money to the company".

Dude , the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ..having worked in the Acedemia for 2 years I can assure you that the politics and brickbacking are no less in here .Infact I am agressively looking to move away from the acdemia ...Atleast in the corporate world you get what you deserve but here its too frustrating ...

My suggestion ...just hang in there and things will fall in there place

Good Luck