facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 12, 2006, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Be Careful in your web base email account

I just got a mail from my friend. It might be true, might be hoax. But I think it is better to be safe than repentant. here is the mail
Quote:
Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation " Life is beautiful. pps ". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately. if you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: " It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful ", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you gain access to your name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus ! which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS

Old June 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thanks for sharing the info...

Personally... I never ever open any email from unknown sources in any of my yahoo/hotmail/gmail accounts and what I do is simply select it and delete it from my mailbox as soon as I see any unknown mail.

Why take any risk at all?

Just one example.... once I had received an email saying that he is the resource manager of ADB (African Development Bank.. as they said) and they had some huge ammount of surplus funds without any claimer.. and they suggested that I sould apply as a claimer and they will arrange the delivery of a handsome amount of fund to my acccount!! How much more funny can these mails be?!
Old June 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Thanks for sharing the info...

Personally... I never ever open any email from unknown sources in any of my yahoo/hotmail/gmail accounts and what I do is simply select it and delete it from my mailbox as soon as I see any unknown mail.

Why take any risk at all?

Just one example.... once I had received an email saying that he is the resource manager of ADB (African Development Bank.. as they said) and they had some huge ammount of surplus funds without any claimer.. and they suggested that I sould apply as a claimer and they will arrange the delivery of a handsome amount of fund to my acccount!! How much more funny can these mails be?!
Sometimes I recieve this kind of emails and its really irritating.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 12, 2006, 11:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I just got a mail from my friend. It might be true, might be hoax.
I think it needs to be verified if its true of hoax. Next time you get an email like that, just try it and see what happens.

Let us know if its really true or just a joke.
Old June 12, 2006, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
lol... sometimes you get really lucky and win a lottery without even buying a ticket...
Old June 12, 2006, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

hmmm so if i forward the email to smone nd tht peep opens it then i will knw all his password nd stuff !!!! very very interesting .... plz smone forward this email to me if u get it ...
Old June 12, 2006, 01:39 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.asp
Old June 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I only ever got this type of message once. All I ever get is people trying to sell me [...edited..]- they obviously have not seen the [...edited..]

-Mod.Warning: Control Language.
Old June 12, 2006, 10:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I only open them from school pc to see what happens hi hi hi
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 13, 2006, 04:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

According to my invox I won-
1. $1000000.00 lottery
2.laptop
3. Lcd TV
4.Mortgage
5.Adult friend inmy area.
6.Free credit check
7. Credit card
8.Free mobile set
9.Free air ticket
10.Ipod
11.Chance to immigrant in USA

bla bla bla
Old June 13, 2006, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

A friend summarized his experience at the begining of 2006:
===============================================
A Mail from a frustrated victim of chain mails:

I wanted to thank all my friends and family who have forwarded chain letters to me in 2003 & 2004 & 2005

Because of your kindness:

* I stopped drinking Coca Cola after I found out that it's good for removing toilet stains.

* I stopped going to the movies for fear of sitting on a needle infected with AIDS.

* I smell like a wet dog since I stopped using deodorants because they cause cancer.

* I don't leave my car in the parking lot or any other place and sometimes. I even have to walk about 7 blocks for
fear that someone will drug me with a perfume sample and try to rob me.

* I also stopped answering the phon! e for fear that they may ask me to dial a stupid number and then I get a phone bill from with calls to Uganda, Singapore and Tokyo.

* I also stopped drinking anything out of a can for fear that I will get sick from the rat feces and urine.

* When I go to parties, I don't look at any girl, no matter how hot she is, for fear that she will take me to a hotel, drug me then take my kidneys and leave me taking a nap in a bathtub full of ice.

* I also donated all my savings to the Amy Bruce account. A sick girl that was about to die in the hospital about 7,000 times. (Poor girl! she's been 7 since 1993...)

* I went bankrupt from bounced checks that I made expecting the $15,000 that Microsoft and AOL were supposed to send me when I participated in their sp! ecial e-mail program would arrive soon.

* My free Nokia phone never arrived and neither did the free passes for a paid vacation to Disneyland.

* Still open to help some from Bulgaria who wants to use my account to transfer his uncle property of some hundred millions $.

* Made some Hundred wishes before forwarding those Ganesh Vandana, Tirupathi Balaji pics etc... now most of those 'Wishes' are already married (to someone else)

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you do not send this e-mail to at least 12477896 people in the next 10 seconds, a bird will SH** on your head today at 6:30pm.

================================================== =====
Old June 13, 2006, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

someone always mailing to transfer more than 100 milion dollars in my bank account

every weeks my loan aplications get approved

every weeks my creditcard aplications get approved

and i win laptops, i pod, lotto and many more prizes everyday.

i must be the luckiest man alive
Old June 13, 2006, 10:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio
According to my invox I won-
1. $1000000.00 lottery
2.laptop
3. Lcd TV
4.Mortgage
5.Adult friend inmy area.
6.Free credit check
7. Credit card
8.Free mobile set
9.Free air ticket
10.Ipod
11.Chance to immigrant in USA
u cudnt be more spot on. !!
wonder..where's my prizes as well ....

wish i had that Million Dollar on my bank, and i cud chuck a sickie at work to watch the world cup on my free LCD TV, and posting up my thoughts to u guys fm my new LAPTOP while listening to my cool new IPOD, or shag**ng that ADULT FRIEND i found in my neighbourhood after we've met up when i called her from my new free MOBILE SET.

And while im busy watching the game, posting here on BC and having fun with a hot bimbo, im also thinking when to book my flight using my FREE AIR TICKET to go to USA and meet with my fav hollywood star and then going on a shopping spree using my FREE CREDIT CARD, cuz off course i don have to worry bout work and house, as ive also won a MORTGAGE...

damn...LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 13, 2006, 12:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
u cudnt be more spot on. !!
wonder..where's my prizes as well ....

wish i had that Million Dollar on my bank, and i cud chuck a sickie at work to watch the world cup on my free LCD TV, and posting up my thoughts to u guys fm my new LAPTOP while listening to my cool new IPOD, or shag**ng that ADULT FRIEND i found in my neighbourhood after we've met up when i called her from my new free MOBILE SET.

And while im busy watching the game, posting here on BC and having fun with a hot bimbo, im also thinking when to book my flight using my FREE AIR TICKET to go to USA and meet with my fav hollywood star and then going on a shopping spree using my FREE CREDIT CARD, cuz off course i don have to worry bout work and house, as ive also won a MORTGAGE...

damn...LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL...
wooooooooooow, fantastic,,
amar jinis nie tumi esob korba ar ami bose bose dekhbo,ta ki hoy....lol..