facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2018, 11:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Default India's top three showing unprecedented superiority

India's top three showing unprecedented superiority

There is awe and wonder every time Virat Kohli makes a century in a chase, simply because of how often he does it and often because of how simply he does it. He has 20 centuries now in 75 successful chases, another metric where he is comprehensively beating Sachin Tendulkar (14 in 124 innings) whose record of being the fastest to 10,000 ODI runs won't stand for much longer either.

Batting immediately above him is Rohit Sharma, who doesn't break records as regularly as Kohli, but manages some astonishing feats when he does. On Sunday, he became the man with most 150-plus scores in ODIs with his sixth such score. Again, it was a Tendulkar record that was broken.

Without putting too fine a point on it, these two are the best ODI batsmen in the world at the moment, and their being in the same team and being able to bring out the best in each other is the stuff of fantasies.

Read full!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ed-superiority

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old October 22, 2018, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

This is EXACTLY how you showcase your own country with PRIDE, healthy SELF-ESTEEM AND SELF-RESPECT.

None of them false pretenses, false modesty and people-pleasing, bend-over-backwards incel journalism.

The way you see yourself is EXACTLY how others see you.

Have some respect for yourself FFS!!!!

Had enough of those apne age, inauthentic, disingenuous smarmy acting and pretenses all in the name of 'humility' which is course nothing but another of EGO's act and manipulation.

Own up to your divinity.

You want to win the World Cup BUT... BUT you have a IFFY, dekhi, hobe ki hobe na, shaky, waffly wave mentality.

FFS!!! Win, talk and ACT like a m_______________ GODDAMN winner for Christ's sakes!!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 22, 2018, 11:37 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

India are absolutely dangerous chasing. They are champions at it and will make any bowling look like street bowling. Fearless cricket all around.
Old October 23, 2018, 01:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Happens when you play in pitches considered batting paradise. We saw how they faired against us in the Asia Cup (thus, a competent bowling line-up) and the only reason they beat us in the Super 4 was because we played a game that ended deep in the night in the previous day and then had to travel.
Old October 23, 2018, 07:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Happens when you play in pitches considered batting paradise. We saw how they faired against us in the Asia Cup (thus, a competent bowling line-up) and the only reason they beat us in the Super 4 was because we played a game that ended deep in the night in the previous day and then had to travel.
Indian Batsmen are not the only ones who play on flat tracks. In the recent times England is the only team that rivalled Indian batting line up and came out on top on few occasions.

If we are talking about individual players then there is no doubt that Kohli is the best at business when it comes to chasing runs against any opposition in any condition.
Old October 23, 2018, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hard to digest reality? Give credit where it's due. The only reason they best us is because our whole batting line up is not anywhere close to their top 3 ATM.
Old October 23, 2018, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Kohli is a great batsman but I think he is facing easier bowlers compare to tendulkar. There are no threatening bowlers currently in cricket. None of current bowlers will be legend but many of the 90s are currently.
Old October 23, 2018, 09:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Two freaking balls per innings= 25 overs/ball

Will the ball reverse swing during its lifetime in the match?
Old October 23, 2018, 10:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Fantastic 3
Opposition needs to figure out hiw to get them out cheaply
But then again the quality of bowling these days
Old October 23, 2018, 11:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Hard to digest reality? Give credit where it's due. The only reason they best us is because our whole batting line up is not anywhere close to their top 3 ATM.
And yet Mushfiq was one of the top run-scorers in the Asia Cup while Tamim was among the top in CL2017 while playing 1 less game than the Indian batsmen. Tamim also has the best average after Kohli this year. And unlike Indian pitches where 330 isn't a safe target, Bangladeshi pitches offer 250 as a good target. Our bowlers took out their opening batsmen for cheap in the final to show that they aren't what they look like.
Old October 23, 2018, 11:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Indian Batsmen are not the only ones who play on flat tracks. In the recent times England is the only team that rivalled Indian batting line up and came out on top on few occasions.

If we are talking about individual players then there is no doubt that Kohli is the best at business when it comes to chasing runs against any opposition in any condition.
And English batsmen suffer outside of flat pitches.
Old October 23, 2018, 12:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

India's top 3 is probably the best in the world, but I wouldn't say they're invincible or something. One-day games in India is great for batting. If we were to play a one-day series in India, something we have yet to do, even our batsman such as Liton, Tamim and Mushfiqur would be piling up runs at their grounds. Runs are not easy to score in our grounds as it's in i.e. India.
Old October 23, 2018, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And yet Mushfiq was one of the top run-scorers in the Asia Cup while Tamim was among the top in CL2017 while playing 1 less game than the Indian batsmen. Tamim also has the best average after Kohli this year. And unlike Indian pitches where 330 isn't a safe target, Bangladeshi pitches offer 250 as a good target. Our bowlers took out their opening batsmen for cheap in the final to show that they aren't what they look like.
apprently 100 is a good target aswell and Binny the destroyer aswell. GG.

Like I said, give credit where it's due. No one is denying Tamim and Mushfiq is the best of the best from BD's perspective but if you had a choice to pick Rohit/Virat over these two, it's a no brainer. Dawan on the other hand is not an automatic choice when compared to Tamim/Mushfiq.
Old October 24, 2018, 04:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Like I said, give credit where it's due. No one is denying Tamim and Mushfiq is the best of the best from BD's perspective but if you had a choice to pick Rohit/Virat over these two, it's a no brainer. Dawan on the other hand is not an automatic choice when compared to Tamim/Mushfiq.
I would definitely pick Tamim above either of Rohit or Dhawan. Both are flat pitch bullies and a bit of turn will get them. There's a reason Sharma doesn't play in tests.
Old October 24, 2018, 07:16 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

For a second I thought this was about Senmen Eclipse and Austin
Old October 24, 2018, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
For a second I thought this was about Senmen Eclipse and Austin
lolz....those 3 do suffer from complex....whether it is inferiority or superiority I am not sure
Old October 24, 2018, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I would definitely pick Tamim above either of Rohit or Dhawan. Both are flat pitch bullies and a bit of turn will get them. There's a reason Sharma doesn't play in tests.
I thought we were discussing about ODI. If test is involved, yes Tamim gets the nodge
Old October 24, 2018, 10:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I thought we were discussing about ODI. If test is involved, yes Tamim gets the nodge
I used test as an example of Sharma's defence not being good enough in a turning track.
Old October 24, 2018, 12:41 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
We destroyed Pakistan just after a day against Hong Kong. Stop making excuses.
Old October 24, 2018, 12:44 PM
Cricket Guru

For last three years, Tamim has the 3rd best ODI average (among batsmen who scored at least 1K runs in the period), after Kohli and Rohit. He is marginally better in that regard than Root or Fakhar. However, his SR is much less since he plays the anchor role for BD.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

In any case, I will rate him much better than Dhawan.
Old October 24, 2018, 01:55 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
For last three years, Tamim has the 3rd best ODI average (among batsmen who scored at least 1K runs in the period), after Kohli and Rohit. He is marginally better in that regard than Root or Fakhar. However, his SR is much less since he plays the anchor role for BD.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

In any case, I will rate him much better than Dhawan.
Really because Dhawan is probably the greatest ICC tournament's batsman in this decade surpassing even Kohli and Rohit and has been in top 3 run getters for India in last 6 years consecutively. In comparison Rohit and Kohli have done it 5 times out 6 years
Old October 24, 2018, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:

Dhawan bhai overall is probably better than Rohit. Big thing about Rohit is that he scores ridiculously big and can win games on his own.
Old October 24, 2018, 06:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I used test as an example of Sharma's defence not being good enough in a turning track.
9/10 I would put money on Rohit to win games if I had the option to pick rohit or tamim. When Rohit scores, this guy scores BIG and Strikes fear into opponents heart. When on form, more Scary than Kholi if you ask me. Majority of the time, when tamim scores, he scores big but SR leaves a lot to be desired. Both of them has been going through a good form. However, tamim doesn't strike that X factor fear to the opponents heart like Rohit does. Rohit > Tamim for me if I had to choose one.
Old October 24, 2018, 11:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Once Tamim returns and joins Imrul and Liton we will show the world what un precedented superiority is.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 25, 2018, 10:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop
We destroyed Pakistan just after a day against Hong Kong. Stop making excuses.
And we are unbeaten against them for nearly 3 years (4 wins). West Indies can score 300 in consecutive games in India which shows how pathetically batting friendly the pitches have become.