facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 22, 2010, 02:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Default The Amazing Race in Bangladesh

No one caught it on tv tonight? How come no thread you sissies wimps?

Anyways, I couldn't embed the video. It was fun to watch it. I never saw it before but became instant fan after serendipitous tuning in to tv.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...ault&play=true

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; November 22, 2010 at 03:03 AM..

Old November 22, 2010, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^ eagerly waiting to watch it on wednesday here. btw...could not access to your vdo as its restricted in Aus.
Old November 22, 2010, 09:39 AM

Yeah, we read on the papers that Amazing Race would be filming in BD this season. And today my student tells me that apparently it aired in the US today. Will be downloading now.

I used to watch The Amazing Race on and off during summer 2006 when my friend had cable at his apartment.
Old November 22, 2010, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

yup watched it last night (a big fan of Amazing race, followed 13-14 seasons out of all 17 atleast).

Unfortunately, the director/producers have this tendency to portray India/Bangladesh as the dirty, smelly 3rd world countries. Ofcourse there is no point denying Sodorghat is smelly & dirty but there are tons of beautiful places in Bangladesh.

This amazing race leg could have been done in a nearby village (in Ashulia, Savar, Gazipur) and give a true representation of Bangladesh through its beautiful rural landscape, but instead they went for 'Dhaka' Dhaka....

anyway, for Canadian members, its on watch.ctv.ca
Old November 22, 2010, 10:21 AM
Cricket Savant

^Oh plz. Stop being so touchy feely. That is the real bangladesh as millions of poor people live like that. Besides the whole purpose was not to "portray" bangladesh rather let some tough kids from states run amok in what would be otherwise perceived as "hell" for them. and that's precisely what it was. but nice to see how the contestants was so appreciative of the gestures of the people. made my day.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 22, 2010, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^ definitely the contestants did good and it was a good episode in the end...

but its all that 'moyla' that were shown....that just bothered me, and its just me ofcourse...

but thanks to Amazing Race for doing this in Bangladesh...
Old November 22, 2010, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Oh wow... Amazing race is on season 17...

I think I stopped watching around 9-10 (after those 2 famous survivor contestents showed up).

Also what episode number is this one? The ctv site doesnt exactly mention country in their like 5 word description of the episode.

Anyways its good they came to BD. Even if they showed all the poverty, as Zeeshan said, that is what millions in BD have to suffer with.
Old November 22, 2010, 01:57 PM

Just watched it. Liked the doctors. Wanted the bimbos to be last, but wasnt to be. Oh Well, I'd have to say that it was a very physically demanding and taxing leg for most of them. The bricks in Dhaka heat and humidity, especially in Old Dhaka... gotta give em credit for trying.

And, hot sweaty, attractive women .... not surprised they got stared at (and maybe much more in the minds of those staring).

p.s: Its being shown on AXN here in Dhaka today. Will be shown in Aus on Wednesday methinks.
Old November 22, 2010, 03:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

watched it loved it. One thing to add that I always wondered how Race people produces these santa helper out of no where who would know english and help them out. after watching it in BD i know those r their people.

But really it was a good show. they way they build the rickshaw was amazing to me. funny thing the us redneck/trash couple complained most about being smelly and stuff... I wonder how they them selves smells in US (the couple with tattoos and what not all over the body)...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 22, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

i am downloading it as I type...
Old November 22, 2010, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Enjoyed the show... got to see a different side of Dhaka. I definitely liked the part where people tried to help the competitors, and it was kinda of funny to see them getting lost in Dhaka
Old November 22, 2010, 06:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
i am downloading it as I type...
No need to download. Watching it on you tube. I never saw this programme before.

Last edited by MohammedC; November 22, 2010 at 07:11 PM..
Old November 22, 2010, 06:58 PM
Administrator

I have been a huge fan of the Amazing race since day 1. The first episode was the best as all the contestants were dropped off in the middle of "nowhere" and were not even told where they were. I impressed everyone in the house by taking one loom at the scene and announcing that they are in Mongolia. And they were. You cannot mistake the Mongolian steppes.

It is one of the few reality show that bears watching. I have watched all the seasons and most of the episodes. Of course, for the sake of viewership they do pick some teams that would make for good TV but often they couples are just your regular folks who are out for an adventure.

The other reality shows I watch are some of the cooking shoes such as Top Chef* et al.

I have been threatening my daughter that her mother and I will be training for the Amazing Race and she can then be embarrassed by the doings of her parents on TV. Our tag line in TV are going to be "The bickering couple".

Anyway - this is a great show. I am also starting now to enjoy the Asian version which I had not seen before.
Old November 22, 2010, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I agree, of all the reality shows this is one of the better ones. I used to love this show, but stopped watching it after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I have been a huge fan of the Amazing race since day 1. The first episode was the best as all the contestants were dropped off in the middle of "nowhere" and were not even told where they were. I impressed everyone in the house by taking one loom at the scene and announcing that they are in Mongolia. And they were. You cannot mistake the Mongolian steppes.

It is one of the few reality show that bears watching. I have watched all the seasons and most of the episodes. Of course, for the sake of viewership they do pick some teams that would make for good TV but often they couples are just your regular folks who are out for an adventure.

The other reality shows I watch are some of the cooking shoes such as Top Chef* et al.

I have been threatening my daughter that her mother and I will be training for the Amazing Race and she can then be embarrassed by the doings of her parents on TV. Our tag line in TV are going to be "The bickering couple".

Anyway - this is a great show. I am also starting now to enjoy the Asian version which I had not seen before.
Old November 22, 2010, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Never heard of it before. But enjoyed this episode
Old November 23, 2010, 12:35 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

love it!
Dhaka baby!
Old November 23, 2010, 04:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Wow, that definitely did wonders for BD tourism industry... with people complaining about the heat, stinky river water, food that "smells like poop", general BO, etc. All of it was shot at either HASINA or Old Dhaka... just to make sure viewers think all of Dhaka/Bangladesh is like that.

Oh well, at least we got some nice promo last year from BBC's Rick Stein's Odyssey and Tough Guy or Chicken.
Old November 23, 2010, 06:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

That's nice Zeeshan. Anyone uploaded that at youtube?
Old November 23, 2010, 07:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
That's nice Zeeshan. Anyone uploaded that at youtube?
Someone already has.
Just search for amazing race on you tube. And you are looking for episode 9.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old November 23, 2010, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Here you go !

1st part !

Old November 23, 2010, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

2nd part !

Old November 23, 2010, 07:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Last part !

Old November 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Mohammad bhai thanks for your tips.
Naimul bhai thanks a million for those videos.
Old November 23, 2010, 07:21 PM
Cricket Sage

I'm surprised there wasn't any talk about this ahead of time. I found out from my cousin today they did this over june/july 2010. Thanks for sharing.
Old November 23, 2010, 07:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

WOW! When was this going on? I wasn't aware of it at all! I will watch those clips then. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru
Wow, that definitely did wonders for BD tourism industry... with people complaining about the heat, stinky river water, food that "smells like poop", general BO, etc. All of it was shot at either HASINA or Old Dhaka... just to make sure viewers think all of Dhaka/Bangladesh is like that.

Oh well, at least we got some nice promo last year from BBC's Rick Stein's Odyssey and Tough Guy or Chicken.
Is it me, or all the subcontinent people think this way? I remember when Slamdog came out all the Indians were whining and crying about it. "Hey there is more to India then this."

I highly doubt they shot those areas to make sure viewers think Bangladesh is a bad place. They get nothing out of that. They were in Dubai last season and right before Ban tour. I didn't see any "bad" looking place. So they wanted to make Dubai look good? May be it's just that Dubai is a great place? I am sure there are many great places in Bangladesh, but is it the majority of it?

I don't mean to be rude, I feel everything I say is rude. I am very cautious and afraid to say anything now days. I almost don't wanna post this. What I am saying is that, there is no point of hiding it. It is what it is.

Also, a lot has to do with the fact that, US viewers would enjoy seeing the "Crazy" side. That makes it more interesting to them. Because they don't get to see it everyday. And I am pretty sure those who knows Bangladesh, knows for it's tragedy