facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 22, 2005, 12:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Default Even BD players can take better catches than Paki

If BD needs batting coach, Pakistan is in desperate need of a "catching" coach It was amazing how they fail to hold on to a simple catch, and how they "misjudge" the flight of the ball.

I will never complain about our BD boys dropping catch after the pathetic display by "world" class Paki players. Pakistan would have wrapped up England within 250 or less
If they did manage to hold on to the catches. Since they dropped all those catches, they deserve to lose. If they manage a draw, I will be surprised.

Old November 22, 2005, 02:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

I wouldn't be surprised.

I suspect England will lose this match, and the series.

ENGLAND NEED A MATCH WINNING SPINNER
Old November 22, 2005, 02:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
I wouldn't be surprised.

I suspect England will lose this match, and the series.

ENGLAND NEED A MATCH WINNING SPINNER
It looks like 2nd test will be a draw. I was highly impressed by the mature and responsible batting. That was a show of professionalism very impressive. I hope and pray our BD players watched the match. This type of batting, especially the way Bell batted was Five Star.

Yeah, England spinners poor quality compared with their paceman. May be you guys can give our 18 year old Enamul Haq jr British Citizenship, he is on his way to greatness. That would solve a huge problem for Brits

Edited on, November 22, 2005, 7:52 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old November 22, 2005, 03:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
May be you guys can give our 18 year old Enamul Haq jr British Citizenship, he is on his way to greatness. That would solve a huge problem for Brits
Old November 22, 2005, 04:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Enam will be a good one. I don't know if he will be a great one, but no doubt, a very good one. Only time will tell. He has so much to learn though. I hope he remains positive in his bowling even he is expensive at times and not become a boring negative bowler like Rafique.
Old November 22, 2005, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah the overall catching in this test has been appalling - club level at best if you ignore the absolute stunner Freddie took. Vaughan and Bell themselves dropped sitters during the Pakistan Innings. Let's not even get to Danish Kaneria. Is he born imbalanced or what? He doesn't even look like a natural cricketer when he is preparing to take a catch. I Even BD does better in the field than that. But then again we have a reputation to be a superior fielding side compared to Pakistan. They have always been sloppy in the field.
Old November 22, 2005, 05:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

The catching in the Ashes from both sides was pretty bad as well.

Quote:
It looks like 2nd test will be a draw. I was highly impressed by the mature and responsible batting. That was a show of professionalism very impressive. I hope and pray our BD players watched the match. This type of batting, especially the way Bell batted was Five Star.
I honestly think the problem for Bangladesh's batsmen lies in the technique. Ashraful is an attacking player and always will be, but I think the others have shown in the past year or so that they can dog it out and spend good time at the wicket, they just haven't been good enough technically to make it count.

Thoughts?

Edited on, November 22, 2005, 10:19 PM GMT, by Rob.
Old November 22, 2005, 05:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Quote:
I honestly think the problem for Bangladesh's batsmen lies in the technique. Ashraful is an attacking player and always will be, but I think the others have shown in the past year or so that they can dog it out and spend good time at the wicket, they just haven't been good enough technically to make it count.
Thoughts?
I always said, unlike many blind BD supporters, we have a LONG way to go and our test status was premature. Sure, our player do lack in technique. But even worse is their mind set, every one wants to play shots like Afridi. And this mind set will stay there as long as poor hooker, puller Habibul Basher will be BD captain. Young players will take example from Basher, who came to Test playing world too old to change his age old one day batting attitude. And Ashraful is just our BD version of Afridi, we will have to live with that. I like Sahriar Nafees much more than any young BD players for test matches.

This is why we BD fans are DEMANDING a world class batting coach. We have no less talent than India, Pakistan, Srilanka. But talent is nothing without proper training and exposure.

Edited on, November 22, 2005, 10:31 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old December 13, 2005, 04:13 AM
Street Cricketer

hahaha..
yaar i m a paki..
but ur right..
our fielding and batting is always poor..

wats our strenght is fast bowling ..stroke making..
just 1 or 2 great batsman at a time..,
and last strenght is unpridictibility
hehe
thats the way we r ..
we a just dam crazy of fast bowling..
as in past..
now shoiab 100m and sami 100 m
but shoiab is got some good brain too..
and one fast bowler will come in future..
who is as fast as these 2..called 2nd shoib in domestic ..
and the problem with him is.,.
he is as stupid as M sami..
that why not gettng chance..
1 stupid at a tme like sami..
hehe
Old December 13, 2005, 11:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Quote:

Thoughts?

thats correct to a certain extent but our players dont have the mental application need to bat in test cricket consistently.

thast why the development of our u-19 etc systems are so vital, if they get the correct training by professional coaches, this will solve alot of problems.
Old December 13, 2005, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

The fielding standard in general has dropped in the last couple of years. Gone are the days of Taylor, Waugh and Rhodes