facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 26, 2010, 03:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Default The Story of Sulaiman and Zulekha

Zulekha was a nymphomaniac and one of the daughters of the god of light. She was the wife of Sulaiman who loved her dearly. On their wedding day, he played songs filled with happiness as his bride danced through the meadow. One day, a shakhi saw and pursued Zulekha, who stepped on a venomous snake and fell to the ground dead. Distraught, Sulaiman played and sang so mournfully that all the nymphomaniacs and gods wept, and in their saddened states told him to travel to the slum and retrieve her, which he gladly did. After his music softened the hearts of gods of the slum his singing so sweet that even the Bilquis wept, he was allowed to take her back to the world of the living. In another version, Sulaiman played his ektara to put a neri kookoor to sleep, after which it was granted that Zulekha be allowed to return with him to the world of the 'shohor'. Either way, the condition was attached that he must walk in front of her and not look back until both had reached the 'shohor'. However, just as they reached the portals of the slum and daylight he could not help but turn around to gaze on her face, and Zulekha vanished again from his sight, this time forever.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old April 26, 2010, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Is that original? Please state your source. And don't you mean Zulekha is a Nymph rather than Nymphomaniac?
Old April 26, 2010, 03:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Is that original? Please state your source. And don't you mean Zulekha is a Nymph rather than Nymphomaniac?
Guys....this is actually Ashfaq laughing.

Edit: Anyhoo pms overflowing with requests. Shall add more of Sulaiman anon.

Old April 26, 2010, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Zeeshan, we know you're missing Orphy. But don't you think renaming yourself Zulekha and turning yourself into a tragic Euridyce-clone in your retelling of the Orpheus myth might be overdoing it a touch?
Old April 26, 2010, 08:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Wtg shaad uncle. You remind me of the class valedectorian Phuouc Nguyen who derived some unusual glee at explaining away the secrets behind the magic tricks with his scientfic mind.

I can only imagine the possible scenario.

Daughter: Now that this year the thieves broke into our money jar, will Santa come with a gift to make up for it daddy?

Shaad (uncle): Sweetheart, there is no such thing as Santa.

Old April 26, 2010, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Daughter: Now that this year the thieves broke into our money jar, will Santa come with a gift to make up for it daddy?

Shaad (uncle): Sweetheart, there is no such thing as Santa.
But that is the proper Bangladeshi parenting approach, Zeeshan -- getting children used to disillusionment early. If I don't do it, our cricket team eventually win.
Old April 26, 2010, 10:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
But that is the proper Bangladeshi parenting approach, Zeeshan -- getting children used to disillusionment early. If I don't do it, our cricket team eventually win.
That was quite funny actually. Although T.I. > T.I.P

Edit: I will be damned if you get what I am talking about. lol

Old April 26, 2010, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
That was quite funny actually. Although T.I. > T.I.P

Edit: I will be damned if you get what I am talking about. lol
I get the feeling he's going to geek-rap you to PWNage this time. S.A > T.I > T.I.P
Old April 27, 2010, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Nice story Zee, but here's what really Happened.

Zulekha did not die due to snake bite. As you said she really was Nymphomaniac and before her wedding, she had one last special night with her "friends" by the river side. Her friends were so vigorous with their "Goodbye hug" that Zulekha drew her last breath at the end of the night.

And Sulaiman is not some sad romantic as you portray him. He was a coward. He wanted Zulekha because she would be the least maintenance among his possible brides. His love for her was not true and hence, when Zulekha died, Sulaiman couldn't die to be with her.

So, he mocked the god until they allowed Zulekha a second life. Such was his arrogance and selfishness that he was willing to flout the fiercest of law, that no man lives twice, for his own twisted agenda.

Gods, wise being they are, decided to respond with utmost cruelty as was called for the occasion. They gave Sulaiman an apparition of Zulekha. And since Sulaiman only knew Zulekha physically not spiritually, he had to check to make sure he got the right one. Then, by killing the apparition, the gods duely punished the man who sought to defy nature.

In another version of the event, it is said that in death Zulekha became a shadow of her former glorious self. Such hideous was she that Sulaiman ran away from her without looking back once until he escaped the underworld. Zulekha, slighted by this travesty, vowed revenge. We still don't know whether the zilted bride caught up with Sulaiman yet, but last I heard, he's still under his bed. Also, the sight of dead Zulekha turned him off women forever. He's the first in the neighbourhood to transfer his love to young boys.

Last edited by Ashfaq; April 27, 2010 at 09:32 AM..