facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 17, 2004, 09:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Tigers\' has lack of strike bowlers...!

Currently tigers r doin well in test cricket. But i think we've lack of good varieties of strike bowlers.... Coz our main pace bowlers r fallin in injury frequently.... n we've few good spinners. other thing is new quality bowlers r not comin out as like as the new quality batsmans r coming.... so we always havin lack of strike bowlers b4 ne tour which is effectin the tour all da way. Wat the cricket board shud do to solve it???

Old June 17, 2004, 11:40 AM
Cricket Guru

As earlier discussed, we need to "feed" our players to be tall and strong...
stop giving them rice and curry instead
good protein....and also put them in
army training...we can import some
BD guys from Aus, UK where they
play cricket...those guys are pretty tall and
build and also get good food.
Old June 17, 2004, 11:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

so we r not feeding our cricketers, so whr abt all those money gone?? must b some board officials used it to feed their child...... so don worry we r gettin good generation soon.
Old June 17, 2004, 12:11 PM
Cricket Guru

NOpe...they are feeding their children
to make them fat like parents and be like them lazy...
Old June 17, 2004, 02:06 PM
Banned

A good diet should be part of the training. The problem arises when you pass by the Kachhi Biryani restaurants in Dhaka.:P
Old June 17, 2004, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by 200SX
Currently tigers r doin well in test cricket. But i think we've lack of good varieties of strike bowlers.... Coz our main pace bowlers r fallin in injury frequently.... n we've few good spinners. other thing is new quality bowlers r not comin out as like as the new quality batsmans r coming.... so we always havin lack of strike bowlers b4 ne tour which is effectin the tour all da way. Wat the cricket board shud do to solve it???
Look, everyone has this problem. Genuine, match-winning strike bowlers are a rare commodity, whether they're fast, slow or something in between.

The focus needs to be on developing bowlers so they're good enough ... every fast bowler needs either raw speed or line and length, and two of a good inswinger, a good outswinger, a good leg cutter or a good off cutter. Offspinners need consistent line and length. Legspinners need a variety of deliveries.

Oh yeah, and the fielding needs to be top-notch. Catches win matches, and run-outs turn games.

Do those things, and you'll have a bowling attack where everyone can chip in for 2-3 wickets, even if Mushrafe is injured.
Old June 18, 2004, 02:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

wateva u said is kool, but look new n promising bowlers r not cumin out....if we hav a good set of bowlers n batsman thn we can thnk abt fielding... n nother prob is most of the young spinners r found as a chucker as we discussed few week b4..........isnt it a metter to worry abt
Old June 18, 2004, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well new and promising bowlers are coming out...it's just that they are chuckers...:P

yes a good diet is definitely required for performance; as for our strike bowlers, injury is a big problem. i'd say that the board should take better care of them so that they don't get injured so frequently.
Old June 18, 2004, 07:28 PM
Banned

I'm waiting to see Shahadat opening with Masri in the near future. It will be our first genuine Fast duo.
Old June 18, 2004, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

yeah and i'm waiting to watch the opposition batsmen wetting their pants...
Old June 19, 2004, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Default How fast is Shahadat in kph ?

nm
Old June 19, 2004, 08:01 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

As far as I know its around 90-93 kmph.

[Edited on 20-6-2004 by reverse_swing]
Old June 19, 2004, 11:32 PM
Banned

I've read that he was the only one that bowled consistently around 88-90 mph in the U-19 WC. So, it would be around 140km.
Old June 19, 2004, 11:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Pace of a bowler can be judged by a speed gun and not by naked eye or guess work. Speed guns are employed mostly during International matches and they may be available with Cricket Academies. So the only way we can judge the pace in BD new ball bowlers is when they are in action in an international match where speed guns are in place.

Mashrafe has played in such matches and the maximum speed shown against his name was upto 138 kmph(86 mph) which makes him a brisk fast medium. Shahadat, to the best of my knowledge has not played in any such match where his pace can be similarly ascertained. So I think it will be premature to pronounce him as a bowler bowling at 90-93 mph ( 145 - 150 kmph).
Old June 19, 2004, 11:39 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

In that tournament BD U-19 played few matches in Bangabandhu National Stadium which has speed gun facility.
Old June 20, 2004, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketfan
Mashrafe has played in such matches and the maximum speed shown against his name was upto 138 kmph(86 mph) which makes him a brisk fast medium.
Mashrafee topped 143 km/h many times, better check your records.
Old June 20, 2004, 12:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

In the U-19 WC match between BD and India, which I had watched live, I do not remember whether the speed gun readings were being displayed. I thing the speed gun readings was not in operation in this match.However Shahadat did not look all that fast in this match. The Indian batsmen relished his bowling as can be seen from his bowling analysis of 8-0-69-0. If he can go for so much against U-19 batsmen then I think he may not yet be ready for tests and ODIs.

[Edited on 20-6-2004 by cricketfan]
Old June 20, 2004, 12:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

I may have missed it when Mashrafe bowled at 143 kmph. This speed certainly makes him a sharp bowler provided he can remain fit and bowl accurately. However the tag of genuine fast bowler should only be given to those who bowl at 150 kmph and above, namely the likes of Shoaib, Brett Lee and Sami.

If bowlers bowling at 143 kmph are also considered genuinely fast then there are nearly 20 bowlers world wide who will have to be considered genuinely quick and I do not think there are so many genuinelly quick bowlers around.
Old June 20, 2004, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

The speed gun carried by tv staff reported that shahadat had reached 147 km/hr. However, I don't believe he's fit for international cricket yet.
As for Mashrafee, I've never seen him cross 140, but he was reported to have bowled at around 140-145 in NZ as well as India, although I doubt the sources(one of them being Raqibul).
Old June 20, 2004, 02:02 AM
Banned

I read cricinfo commentary or article where he was reported to cross 143, more than once.
Old June 20, 2004, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Default 400th wicket :D

I'm pretty sure that Mashrafee clocked 147 kmph in NZ. Though Mashrafee is known for his line & length, he can still work on his pace and could only get better. For a brief period Talha was considered the fastest bowler in BD but we all know about his line & length, or lack of it. So most of the time he is out of the team. Even Tapash bowled around 142 kmph in recent WI tour. According to Rabeed Imam Shahadat is an yard faster than Mashrafee. But he also sprays the ball obviously due to inexperience and lack of proper training. Shahadat was fast tracked to U-19 team once spotted. His poor bowling figures against India U-19 explains that all.
Old June 20, 2004, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Default can physics be used..

dear physicist,or bio physicist

can the law of physics be applied to generate human force or utilize human force to generate acceleration in speed...
Old June 20, 2004, 12:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Md. Sami

how come mohammad sami is so fast...he doesn't look very big? he looks about tapash size. perhaps the key to fast bowling is more about technique or in-born arm strength rather than hight. bounce can be attributable to hight however.
Old June 20, 2004, 12:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketfan
I may have missed it when Mashrafe bowled at 143 kmph. This speed certainly makes him a sharp bowler provided he can remain fit and bowl accurately. However the tag of genuine fast bowler should only be given to those who bowl at 150 kmph and above, namely the likes of Shoaib, Brett Lee and Sami.
If u hav watched Masree play.. u would know he crosses 140+ so very often

But hei... 150+ is not really a commonly usual thing.. around 145 shud be enough to call a bowler 'Fast' enough!
Old June 20, 2004, 01:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

a geniuine fast bowler, is nto one of that just bolws with speed, but with accuracy, and guile, like an article at cricinfo did last week. Those fast bowlers mentioned are no where near the calibre of Dennis lille, holding etc.