facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Your views on legalising gay marriage/same-sex marraige
Yes:Legalise Same sex marriage, love is multi-faceted 4 57.14%
No: Religious beliefs, state that Same sex marriage is unethical 3 42.86%
Yes. Other Reason not specified 0 0%
No: Other Reason not specified 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 5, 2017, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Default Is the presence of gay marriage, ultimately inevitable in modern society.

Gay marriage is being partially legalised or completely legalised in a growing number of countries. Check this out a US based pollster PEW Research forum, shows a clear trend in the direction of opinions on Gay marriage. I guess it`s pretty apparent, that as time passes, gay marriage will be more widely accepted in society no matter the religious fault lines it presents.

If you take the data found, it still goes to show that throughout generations views of Same Sex marriage have changed and become more accepting as we transcend effortlessly through time.

Another question that also comes to mind, while researching about this topic, is that discourse against gay marriage, is also present, if we are becoming more accepting of same-sex marriage in society will this discourse ever fade away. More importantly, what would be the ramifications of changing the instinctual nature of marriage, is it right to change something that we have been following for hundreds and thousands of years.

Political Discourse against Marriage Equality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXLfp2sFHQ

I just wanted the forums views on marriage equality.

Old September 5, 2017, 06:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

This should not be the headache of society, there are other things of more importance.

if you are a man and you love another man who am I to say anything, its between you and that man, if you are happy together good for you.
Old September 5, 2017, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

We will only achieve equality when there is gay arranged marriages. When a family comes to visit with sweetmeats and gifts, and all the gossipy neighbors ask "are they here to meet Shabana? No, they are here for her brother, Imtiaz."
Old September 5, 2017, 12:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I have attended 3 gay weddings in my life.
One of them was Linda Gottlieb's son Stephan's wedding. She is the producer of 'Pretty in Pink', 'Dirty Dancing', 'Citizen Cohn' etc. I know them because I went to school with Stephan's husband Macky.
Only problem I have with gay wedding is, they are uptight and are very kipta/miser in serving the food...plenty of drinks though, no shortage there...but very small quantity of steak/chops and who eats salad, pudding etc.
No biryani, Murg pulau there.
I attended Macky and Stephan's son's adoption event, when they adopted an infant after they got wed. That evening was good. a lot of sweats and drinks. Linda and Robert, Stephan's step-dad did not cheap out on that one.

I have been to 3 different Chinese weedings at NYC Chinatown. There I got to eat a lot...those were traditional Chinese weddings, not same sex. 2 of the weddings, one bride was my colleague and the other I went to school with. Their fathers know how to throw a party! I had all you can eat spring rolls, chicken wings, shark fin soup, some kind of half dead bird dish, sea weed, and plenty , plenty of drinks...

I live in a predominantly gay/lesbian couples building uptown. I have been to a baby birth event of my neighbor, these two girls. The tall young one gave birth to a boy with donated sperm and her wife, Amalia is short and much older than her. Lorie is the birth giver, she had a C-section. My wife and I went to theirs a week after the child arrived at the apartment from the hospital/nursery and brought food/fruits, flowers for them. Amalia said that she hopes that someday Cassimere, the infant little boy would grow up to be a man, just like me, a personality like mine. That was the biggest complement that anyone ever gave me. Anyway, I used to be very afraid of Amalia, she is a bit militant/angry type. Now we are bff and I promised her and Lorie that as song as I live I will keep an eye on the boy, no matter where I move. But they didn't really have any special food for us guests, who came to bless the child. I ate one of my own oranges and ate more when I went back upstairs to our apt.

Anyway, I think 'falling in love' and then marriage because of it, is a beautiful thing.
My personal view on people having issues with,
a. gay marriage
b. gay in general
BECAUSE: Those people with issues have gay experience themselves and they hate that about their own selves, thus deny it by hating the concept, they fight it. Or at some point in life they were exposed to it, whether or not at their own will, and they seem to take a liking in it. And they hate that they liked the senses of homosexual feelings. And then they deny it by hating it and everything, everyone associated with it. Period! This is my opinion.

Otherwise, just like Nightwolf said, why the F should this be anyone else's business? Gay/lesbian people are not coming around and tickling your skin and rubbing sand all over you out of affection or love...why of all things, things that a non-gay person should be the LEAST concerned about, concerns him/her? Nothing better to do? Gay people are getting married, so? They are NOT marrying you, or your son or daughter? Why is this itch? People who have ZERO association with gay culture, lifestyle or people living in that social life, sometimes say, "Ohh I have no issues with gay people, as long as they are not hitting on me, or coming after my behind." Yeah, what a pile...I say, "Do not flatter yourself...gay folks hitting on you, have you seen yourself on the mirror lately? Straight women will go gay if they had to be with your look, fool!"
Sodom and Gomorrah, yeah, kma!
Old September 5, 2017, 01:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I have attended 3 gay weddings in my life.
One of them was Linda Gottlieb's son Stephan's wedding. She is the producer of 'Pretty in Pink', 'Dirty Dancing', 'Citizen Cohn' etc. I know them because I went to school with Stephan's husband Macky.
Only problem I have with gay wedding is, they are uptight and are very kipta/miser in serving the food...plenty of drinks though, no shortage there...but very small quantity of steak/chops and who eats salad, pudding etc.
No biryani, Murg pulau there.
I attended Macky and Stephan's son's adoption event, when they adopted an infant after they got wed. That evening was good. a lot of sweats and drinks. Linda and Robert, Stephan's step-dad did not cheap out on that one.

I have been to 3 different Chinese weedings at NYC Chinatown. There I got to eat a lot...those were traditional Chinese weddings, not same sex. 2 of the weddings, one bride was my colleague and the other I went to school with. Their fathers know how to throw a party! I had all you can eat spring rolls, chicken wings, shark fin soup, some kind of half dead bird dish, sea weed, and plenty , plenty of drinks...

I live in a predominantly gay/lesbian couples building uptown. I have been to a baby birth event of my neighbor, these two girls. The tall young one gave birth to a boy with donated sperm and her wife, Amalia is short and much older than her. Lorie is the birth giver, she had a C-section. My wife and I went to theirs a week after the child arrived at the apartment from the hospital/nursery and brought food/fruits, flowers for them. Amalia said that she hopes that someday Cassimere, the infant little boy would grow up to be a man, just like me, a personality like mine. That was the biggest complement that anyone ever gave me. Anyway, I used to be very afraid of Amalia, she is a bit militant/angry type. Now we are bff and I promised her and Lorie that as song as I live I will keep an eye on the boy, no matter where I move. But they didn't really have any special food for us guests, who came to bless the child. I ate one of my own oranges and ate more when I went back upstairs to our apt.

Anyway, I think 'falling in love' and then marriage because of it, is a beautiful thing.
My personal view on people having issues with,
a. gay marriage
b. gay in general
BECAUSE: Those people with issues have gay experience themselves and they hate that about their own selves, thus deny it by hating the concept, they fight it. Or at some point in life they were exposed to it, whether or not at their own will, and they seem to take a liking in it. And they hate that they liked the senses of homosexual feelings. And then they deny it by hating it and everything, everyone associated with it. Period! This is my opinion.

Otherwise, just like Nightwolf said, why the F should this be anyone else's business? Gay/lesbian people are not coming around and tickling your skin and rubbing sand all over you out of affection or love...why of all things, things that a non-gay person should be the LEAST concerned about, concerns him/her? Nothing better to do? Gay people are getting married, so? They are NOT marrying you, or your son or daughter? Why is this itch? People who have ZERO association with gay culture, lifestyle or people living in that social life, sometimes say, "Ohh I have no issues with gay people, as long as they are not hitting on me, or coming after my behind." Yeah, what a pile...I say, "Do not flatter yourself...gay folks hitting on you, have you seen yourself on the mirror lately? Straight women will go gay if they had to be with your look, fool!"
Sodom and Gomorrah, yeah, kma!
Very interesting stories/experiences BK.

Our love for one another can be very strong. Feeling attracted to another person is wholly independent on the persons involved. Marriage was here on this Earth even before religions existed. Religions/politicians shouldn't be the ultimate arbitrators as to who I should marry. Some may disagree with what I am saying, but we know that people are getting more enlightened by the stories of genuine good will. It doesn't mean that I am effeminated just by stating this. These people are part of society. They contribute to the society.

It is better if we sit down and have a conversation about our differences rather than being ignorant of it. Give a flower and smile
Old September 5, 2017, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I am in the No case.
Because of my God Jesus his words.
Will i lose sleep if it comes in no.

Have had homosexual and lesbian friends.
1 homosexual friend who died of brain cancer,very good man,and its a shame the Presbyterian church turned him away shortly before his death.
I have had negative interactions with some homosexuals,but that was based on personality.
Lesbians,lived next door to 1 couple ,couldn't have seen them with anyone else,they were genuine.
Another case 1 stood up for me at work when I was bullied by someone above me at work.

i can get my head round same sex marriage,but not same sex adoption,IVF etc,except if the kid sees or has communication with their father,or a father figure.
Old September 5, 2017, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Voted.

Quote:
No: Religious beliefs, state that Same sex marriage is unethical
Judeo-Christian and Abrahamic religion is still the mainstay of conservative and ideal values of our society. We all know what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah no?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 5, 2017, 03:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
We will only achieve equality when there is gay arranged marriages. When a family comes to visit with sweetmeats and gifts, and all the gossipy neighbors ask "are they here to meet Shabana? No, they are here for her brother, Imtiaz."
That was funny! You sure you ain't an old member buddy? You kinda got Electrequiem's humor...

Anyhoo, my above post aside in all seriousness I find it surprising within me that as much as I am a staunch liberal, I do kinda go queasy around gay and transgender people.

I apologize for advance for the following but it is my TRUE feeling in candor. I once went to a Carl's Jr and a transgender woman (man?) served me food, and to be honest, I really had hard time eating it.

I was pleasantly surprised. I mean we liberal snowflakes sit behind our keyboard and trumpet all these so called minority rights, but let's be honest deep deep down within us there resides some form of zealous inner bigot within us when push comes to shove.

Since this is a serious discussion I will not censor the following. But growing up I was inundated with sentiments as (both at home and outside): "eeeh sharadin rode khele kutkuta kalo hoise", "jonglider moton arki.." "africar jongli ase na..." "tumi eto kalo hoye geso kano..." , "tachara new york e negro ra onek..." , "bhai bhoy koren na...amader neighborhood white der neighborhood...eta white area...apnar gari safe thakbe..." "oshikkhito uncultured jonglider moton" or in airplane: "acha boloto chinara ki khay? kecho na shap na bang..." "trump bhodrolokta kharap holeo eta kintu shotti beshir bhag mexican rai gang r drug khay"......

I do think education matters regarding this. If not upbringing at home. Even two days ago, I was in a party for Sheikh Kamal tournament in California and one (clearly a bigot) was saying looking at the cricket match in screen: "Soumya money hoy minority backing e gese... amader deshe eishob minority backing khub kore.. " I didn't resist myself from pulling back either. I made it clear to the "uncle" with a sideway jab right after he hit a four and one fan was showing dancing and clapping in screen: "Jara minority backing er kotha bole... Soumya dui ekta char choy marle erao oke support kora shuru korbe..."

My point being here in California and America we immigrate and some of us even proudly registers as proud democrats singing kumbaya and what not with our fellow hippie California liberals holding arms... (It is ironic because these so called "Bangladeshi liberals" are against pot legalization and gay marriage and blase regarding gun control and abortion all issues very dear to liberal heart). But truth of the matter is we as a Bangladeshi society are some of the utter racists in the world.

We hate Jews. We hate gays. We hate blacks. We hate Asians (or as some mass openly call them "bocha"). We hate American Western culture of their dress and criticize for their 'lack of modesty'. We hate Mexicans. And all the while we hate Americans and their way of dress and hate Mexicans, we somehow feel proud of our Lexus in front of our home in "White neighborhood". We are some of the biggest hypocrites out there. FFS we hate Commillans and Noakhalis and Barishals and so on... this is how much bigoted we are.

And we have the nerve to show outrage when we suffer the least bit of discrimination?

"Physician heal thyself."

Old September 5, 2017, 04:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^^Those are some very good and absolutely genuine points, dear Zeeshan.
Our NYC mayor De Blasio's (white) wife Chirlane McCray (black) is openly gay. But she and De Blasio married each other because she truly loves him. and they have two kids together! To me, that is truly amazing. All Bangladeshis in NYC rallies behind the Democrats and will cheer De Blasio, but IF they knew the fact of McCray being gay, I do not know how/what they will feel.

First Lady of New York Chirlane McCray (L) addresses Muslim crowds with Mayor of New York Bill De Blasio (R) after they performed Eid-al-Fitr prayer (L) in Bensonhurst Park after performing Eid-al-Fitr prayer in Brooklyn borough of New York, United States on June 25, 2017.
Courtesy: Huffington Post
Old September 5, 2017, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
^^^Those are some very good and absolutely genuine points, dear Zeeshan.
Our NYC mayor De Blasio's (white) wife Chirlane McCray (black) is openly gay. But she and De Blasio married each other because she truly loves him. and they have two kids together! To me, that is truly amazing. All Bangladeshis in NYC rallies behind the Democrats and will cheer De Blasio, but IF they knew the fact of McCray being gay, I do not know how/what they will feel.

First Lady of New York Chirlane McCray (L) addresses Muslim crowds with Mayor of New York Bill De Blasio (R) after they performed Eid-al-Fitr prayer (L) in Bensonhurst Park after performing Eid-al-Fitr prayer in Brooklyn borough of New York, United States on June 25, 2017.
Courtesy: Huffington Post
I didn't vote for Blasio precisely because of his family. I'm not comfortable with those kinds of people. You know, the ones from Boston pretending to be New Yorkers.
Old September 5, 2017, 05:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Gay/lesbian people are not coming around and tickling your skin and rubbing sand all over you out of affection or love
eita boilen na bk bhai....eita boilen na..

ami deksi ora aisha shomane hataite thake....

Old September 5, 2017, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Very interesting results, seems that a handful of members, are in favour of gay marriage. I did not expect this at all.
Old September 9, 2017, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Its good we can be civil here,in oz,ppl from the yes and no case,some are being extreme,I mean socialist groups and nazis,both have been ptovovotive.