facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you want Dave Whatmore to stay with Bangladesh after world cup?
Yes, until 2011 world cup 62 57.41%
Yes, he should stay for another 2 year 23 21.30%
No, we need a new coach 23 21.30%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19, 2006, 10:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Will Whatmore stay after his contract ends? Or Coach India?

Dav has stayed on to what will be his 4th year with BD... but will he stay on?

Old March 27, 2007, 02:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Why India wants Dav Whatmore as a Coach ?

Indian news confirmed today they are interested on ;

Steve Waugh , John Wright & Dav Whatmore !!!!!

When the Dav Whatmore's contract finished ?

We shouldn't give him to India at any cost .

What's your thoughts ?
Old March 27, 2007, 02:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

If he wants to go, let him go It's up to Dav and how he feels. If he wants to take a Job that IMO is career suicide then let him. He took the Bangladesh Job in 03 which was considered career suicide and he's done a fantastic job. If he wants to stick around till 2011 than we should keep him but I hope the BCB has a list of coaches just incase.
Old March 27, 2007, 02:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Is there anyone else as good as Dav who can coach BD?
Old March 27, 2007, 02:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Who would want the India or Pakistan job!! The fans are way too crazy and too much pressure. Best job is the Aussie or England job.

BD should look into Steve Waugh, if only as a part time coach. Waugh has always been a great supporter of our country (both cricketing and charitable donations)
Old March 27, 2007, 03:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Lol ,I never heard that India wants Dav as Indian Cricket team coach .Here in Indian there are reports that Sandeep Patil will the be the next coach of Indian team (Even before the World Cup started ),but lets see what happens on 6-7 April.
Old March 27, 2007, 03:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

McKenzie (who was u-19 coach and built ashraful, shakib, nafees, shamsur, enamul, manjarul, nazim etc) can be a good candidate. Since BD doing well now, there will be other big fish interested (Perhaps John Wright, Dean Jones)
Old March 27, 2007, 03:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoilaheez
Who would want the India or Pakistan job!! The fans are way too crazy and too much pressure. Best job is the Aussie or England job.

BD should look into Steve Waugh, if only as a part time coach. Waugh has always been a great supporter of our country (both cricketing and charitable donations)
I say make Greg Chappel Pakistan coach -
Old March 27, 2007, 03:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuge
Lol ,I never heard that India wants Dav as Indian Cricket team coach .Here in Indian there are reports that Sandeep Patil will the be the next coach of Indian team (Even before the World Cup started ),but lets see what happens on 6-7 April.
Sandip Patel is a choice if they are deciding for a Coach from India but they also can choose the foreign coaches .

So , Whatmore is in the list ;

Now , it's on "cnn.ibn" news .
Old March 27, 2007, 03:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoilaheez
Who would want the India
I want that .I don't want any foreign coach now esp like Greg Chappel .I want to hit him with his Chappelllllllllllssssssssss(Slippers )
Old March 27, 2007, 03:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

India should go back to "John Wright & Dada" .

Hope , they can save the team .

Last edited by Outswinger; March 27, 2007 at 03:45 AM..
Old March 27, 2007, 03:43 AM
Banned

i have maintined for a long time that dav whatmore is the worlds best coach , infact when india picked chapple , i was quite pissed off as i feel they should have approached watmore
Old March 27, 2007, 05:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi_Daru
i have maintined for a long time that dav whatmore is the worlds best coach , infact when india picked chapple , i was quite pissed off as i feel they should have approached watmore
See, The subcontinental teams need professional coaches like Dave. Here the players need a lot of basic support/skills. From tchniques to mental upbringing. The other teams generally get it before coming to the national side. We pick raw tallents; they pick proven tallents for the national team.

High profile players; turned coach; are not suitable for subcontinental teams. They will do better with teams like Ausie/Kiwi. That's where chappel went wrong, he thought the national team will all be skilled like the ausies and concentrated on strategy only. He immediately went on to change the previous captain and even dropped him, made a new captain, experimented with some stable players and finally the team lost its balance completely. Aus can afford to send Mark/steve/warne home in peak form and still maintain a balance in the team. The coach only needs to know the players abilities and make strategies. Here its much more than that.

Dav had been even involved in making the cricket structure of BD. Every member of sellection committee is coached by him to some extent. He is beyond just a cricket coach for Bangladesh. He is unique.

Gordon, Amarnath did not have the patience and professional ability to make contribution as coaches for what BD needed. Edie Barlow was a professional coach and was the first man who made significant job for BD in terms of coaching, unfortunately he made that accident. I find similarity in his and whatmore's approach. Edie Barlow is a respected coach in SA also.

India needs a professional coach; big names will not make players; will make money on players only.
Old March 27, 2007, 05:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

How does a Foreign Coach commuicate with the Team..Are all BD players good in English to commuicate with Dav.? The same problem would be there in the Indian and Pak teams too.. Best is a combination of a local coach and a Foreign Coach
Old March 27, 2007, 05:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

why are we worried about India? we have lots to think about BD A now! pathetic performance in sri lanka. That is our future in the background. Go figure! What is going on with the high performance team?
Old March 27, 2007, 05:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

I don't think Indians got the stomach to absorb someone like Dav. He will not work for short time gain. Just look at BD performance during the first few years of his coaching. India wants to win every match at any cost. They don't believe in long term stability, gain etc.

While we are grateful to Dav for his contribution, he should be grateful to the fans of BD as well, cos we never gave up on him, we always supported him. And now we are getting the results.
Old March 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

In my point of view India want Dev for his performance. If u look at 1996 WC he was a coach of SriLanka and they won the cup. Now Bangladesh they are playing such a way every person (mainly India,and some other critic)become shock. Dev is such a person who can bring the best from his team. It was a rumor that India want Dev when they appoented Chappel. So if they want him now it should not surprise any more.
Old March 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
How does a Foreign Coach commuicate with the Team..Are all BD players good in English to commuicate with Dav.? The same problem would be there in the Indian and Pak teams too.. Best is a combination of a local coach and a Foreign Coach
Definitely, there has to be a local coach to assist the foreign coach. That's an education for the local coah also who can pass on the knowledge and experience to the age group teams in future.
Old March 27, 2007, 06:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisermatin
why are we worried about India? we have lots to think about BD A now! pathetic performance in sri lanka. That is our future in the background. Go figure! What is going on with the high performance team?
I am worried about the concept of our A team truly. I don't think that we are taking players in A team for taking them to national side in future. Like Khaled Masud, Kapali, and many more; i don't think they have the talent to comeback to the main side ever. They are all tried materials in the national side and failed to perform.

If you look at our side, the players have come from U 19/17. May be we sould make our A team with the talented players from amongst the age group, so who ever does well can make a way to the main side.

Truely speaking, until next 4 years, only 2 players I see will be out of the team; unless some one down the line is too exceptional talent.

But ofcourse, they should perform well; may be they will learn from their mistakes and make our domestic cricket more competitive to produce matured cricketers.
Old March 27, 2007, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

We've got Salahuddin for that,and he is IMO the best coach BD has got,the future coach of the team.

India might want to try out RM, Bd fan's next target.
Old March 27, 2007, 06:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
We've got Salahuddin for that,and he is IMO the best coach BD has got,the future coach of the team.

India might want to try out RM, Bd fan's next target.
What's RM ??

I always felt that we should get Wasim Akram for some time to coach our fast bowlers. He has a lot to give in bowling department.
Old March 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

India Couldnt Do Anything Even With Greg Chappel. They will Remain Same If They Appoint Whatmore. India Should Improve Their System and Playing Condition.
Old March 27, 2007, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

RM-Richard McInnes,the current performance analyst of the australian cricket team,and the former coach of the BD U-19 team,widely credited with the transformation of our u-19 team,also the structural designer of the high performance squad,I'm sure he will coach a test nation, some day.
Old March 27, 2007, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outswinger
Indian news confirmed today they are interested on ;

Steve Waugh , John Wright & Dav Whatmore !!!!!

When the Dav Whatmore's contract finished ?

We shouldn't give him to India at any cost .

What's your thoughts ?
could I have a link to the article please... thanks
Old March 27, 2007, 07:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I have found an in-depth news on current thinking of BCCI from an Indian blogger

Quote:
Pawar's Blue dreams

BCCI President Sharad Pawar now wants two Indian cricket teams. India Seniors and India Blues. When one team cannot play as a unit and qualify for the super-8, what would two teams achieve?

Whats the need for two teams? To accommodate the ageing mules or to give youngsters a chance?

Let us face the truth: BCCI is a feudal set up. Whether you put a Dalmiya or a Pawar on the top of the pile, they will all want to play power politics. There is plenty of money in Indian cricket as well.

What they call democracy in BCCI is utter nonsense. The private club, BCCI, do not represent the nation or the Blue Billion (as pepsi wants us to believe).

Majority of the blue billion do not have the time or means to spend hours and hours watching Indian cricket circus. Yes, there is a massive number of people following this colonial sport (including yours truly.)

Pawar is entitled to his blue dreams. There are rumours of getting rid of Greg Chappell and Rahul Dravid and to bring in Sandeep Patil as the coach and go back to either Ganguly or Tendulkar as the captain.

Read full article

Last edited by Miraz; March 27, 2007 at 07:47 AM..