facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 22, 2010, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Default Pets. The "official animal planet/discovery chanel thread" of BC

Lets talk about pets. Why dont you all list what pets you have currently and what pets you may want to have or own. I personally have a fascination for dogs, hence my favourite tv show is the dog whisperer. Here are some interesting info on a few dog breeds:

1. Pit Bulls

A pit bull is a fearless dog that will take on any opponent. They will lock their jaws onto the prey until it's dead. Pit bulls have a reputation of mauling people to death and they are highly sought for dog fighting.

Weight: 55-65 lbs.
Origin: United States

2. Rottweilers

Rottweilers are known to be very aggressive dogs because of their keen territorial instincts. That's why they make great guard dogs.

Weight: 100-130 lbs.
Origin: Germany

3. German Shepherds

These dogs are intelligent and very alert. They are highly used by local authorities such as the police K-9 unit. German shepherds are known to be fearless and confident dogs.

Weight: 70-100 lbs.

4. Huskies

Very energetic and intelligent dogs. Not considered a good guard dog because of its personality characteristics and gentle temperament. A 2000 study of dog bites resulting in human fatalities in the U.S. found fifteen such fatalities (6% of the total) were caused by "husky-type" dogs between 1979 and 1997.

Weight: 44-66 lbs.
Origin: Alaska

5. Chow Chow

These dogs can be aggressive if poorly bred. The Chow Chow may appear to be independent and aloof for much of the day but needs constant reinforcement.

Weight: 50-70 lbs.
Origin: China

6. Presa Canario

Originally bred to guard and fight with cattle, an attack by this dog has been described as hopeless for the victim. They are a guardian breed with man-stopping ability, incredible power and a complete lack of fear.

Weight: 80-115 lbs.
Origin: Canary Islands

7. Boxer

Unlike their name suggest, these dogs are not typically aggressive by nature. They are bright, energetic and playful breed. Boxers have been known to be "headstrong", which makes it a bit difficult to train them but with positive reinforcement techniques, Boxers often respond much better.

Weight: 50-70 lbs.

8. Kangal

The ideal Kangal dogs should be calm, controlled, independent, and protective. They may be aloof towards strangers, but a well-socialized Kangal Dog is friendly with visitors and especially children. They must never be shy or vicious. A well-trained Kangal is sensitive and alert to changing situations, responding to threats with judicious warnings and courageous action if necessary. They make good guardians of livestock and humans alike, but they may not be suitable for inexperienced dog owners, as the independent intelligence of the Kangal makes for a difficult pupil. Due to their overwhelming strength, size and obedient tempremant, Kangal dogs are now becoming popular in undergound-illegal dog fights. In such circumstances, violent characteristics observed are brought out due to its treatment from its owner; in most cases is quite degrading.

Weight: 120-170 lbs
Origin: Turkey

Old April 22, 2010, 10:07 PM
Cricket Savant

speaking of animals....i can hear crickets

chirping that is.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 22, 2010, 10:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I want to know the origin of "নেরি কুকুর"

They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 22, 2010, 11:24 PM
Cricket Sage

I hate stupid squirrels. they can never make up their mind about weather to cross the road or not.
Old April 23, 2010, 04:11 AM
Cricket Guru

I don't like dogs. I don't know why... but they just annoy me lol. Some dogs are really cute though.
I am not allowed to have a pet
But in the not so distant future, I would like to own a rabbit and deffinately a cat! I loveeeeeee Cats! especially those bengal cats, they are soooo cute!
Old April 23, 2010, 04:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

3 ice-cream and water loving cats (B&W spotted Tabby Spiro/Russian Blue Dianne/Tiger patterned tabby Niinimaa), a Chihuahua named Vato who thinks he's a cat and a stoney Iguana named Dude who enjoys watching others.

1. Tabby Cat: A tabby is a cat with a distinctive coat that features stripes, dots, or swirling patterns, usually together with an "M" mark on its forehead. Tabbies are sometimes erroneously assumed to be a cat breed. In fact, the tabby pattern is found in many breeds of cat, as well as among the general mixed-breed or mongrel population. The tabby pattern is a naturally occurring feature that may be related to the coloration of the domestic cat's direct ancestor, the African Wildcat.

2. Russian Blue Cat: The Russian Blue (historically Foreign Blue) is a type or breed of cat that has a silver-blue coat. These cats are known to be highly intelligent and playful but tend to be timid around strangers. They also develop close bonds with their human companions and are highly sought after due to their personalities and unique coat.

3. Chihuahua: Chihuahua is the smallest breed of dog and is named after the state of Chihuahua in Mexico. Chihuahuas are noted for their nervous temperament and diminutive appearance.

4. Iguana: Iguana is a genus of lizard native to tropical areas of Central and South America and the Caribbean. The genus was first described by Austrian naturalist Josephus Nicolaus Laurenti in his book Specimen Medicum, Exhibens Synopsin Reptilium Emendatam cum Experimentis circa Venena in 1768. The genus Iguana includes two species: the Green Iguana, which is widespread throughout its range and a popular pet, and the Lesser Antillean Iguana, which is endemic to the Lesser Antilles and endangered due to habitat destruction.

The word "Iguana" is derived from a Spanish form of the original Taino name for the species "Iwana".
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 23, 2010 at 05:05 AM..
Old April 23, 2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
But in the not so distant future, I would like to own a rabbit and deffinately a cat!
Nice combination. Try it!
Old April 23, 2010, 04:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Nasif 2nd picture definitely photoshopped.
Old April 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

It is raining cats and dogs.

Possible Tornado. We have a tornado watch now.

Where is BK? This is his thread.
Old April 23, 2010, 04:44 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

My parents never let me have a cats or dog for hygene/religious reasons.

I had birds though, parrots, budgies and some other ones, can't remember anymore.

Also had two white mice my bro got me from Singapore.

I really want a cat (kitten to be specific).

So cute.
Old April 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

currently have a border collie and a tri-colour border collie (though he may be part aussie shepherd. pets i want, well i've never had a cat so might be an interesting experience to have one of those but i'm a dog man so in saying that the dogs i would like to have as pets would be malamute, huski, white geman shepherd and a chocolate labrador. one of my mates has a white german shepherd, such an awesome personality, beautiful dog, and another mate has a lab/kelpie cross which is also a terrific pet, cousin and girlfriend both have huski's and they're both great dogs.
Old April 24, 2010, 10:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dearest Lay dada, awesome good thread, a thread like this was very much needed in BC at the moment. thank you!

Dearest Mijan dada bhai, thanks for thinking of me on this thread!!

I am coming with a lot of things to talk about guys and apas, hold on!
I will be right back guys!
Old April 27, 2010, 09:22 PM
Cricket Savant

My wife and I, we live with 5 cats and 2 rabbits now in our 880 sq ft apt in New York...we had 2 rabbits died on us....one girl rabbit we burried in the park and one old lady rabbit we cremated and kept the ash...we burried a couple days old house mouce my wife once found in our building laundry basement a month ago. We had fish and small red thai crabs but they all died and we sold the tanks and equipments.

Now we have 5 cats living with us now for the last 11-12 years...and 2 rabbits for the last 5 years....

gumbo vitto bambino was born in the Cajun Bayou of West of New Orleans, Gumbo has cronic azthma and bronchitis..11 years. That's our 17 years old TV in the background, it only shows Fox and PBS.

pagla bron in the Bayou, he gets regular nightmatres and wakes up in the middle of the night every night and he thinks I am his mom as he never knew his mother or weened, Pagla has kidney stone..11 years.

Bhotoo Bhombol Bhalook, we found him wandering in a Savannah cemetery and the lady he lived with was arrested in New Jersey for being caught while living in a house with 200+ dead cats, Potluck Bhalook has a serious case of IBS....10 years

Bhotoo & Motoo ...Mottoo used to live live in Hell's Kitchen with Cross-drssing guy who killed himself and left Mottoo wandering in his smelling studio apt. with his dead body.... we along with a bunch of old ladies in Hell's Kitchen rescued him abd brought him home. Mottoo has artheritis and Hapani, seriously, he is on 2 different steroids and antibiotics a lot....10 & 16 years

Booree is very affectionate and social, her real name is Mrs. Pockets, she used to live with a very warm hearted lower east side/east village old lady who couldn't take care of her as she was in her very old age going through a lot of surgeries and gave her to me to take care, she is missing a lot of her teeth...13 years

Babrah and Buzzcut .. Babar's sister died and we burried her in the park and then Babar had a severe ear infection and the vet treated her with antibiotics and injections, we had to give her an injection every night for 2 months, my wife used to do it between her shoulder blades, now she is Mashallah cured but her head is forver tilted to her rigth side due to the left ear infection, somehow they lose their head balance after such infections...and poor Buzzcut used to live with a recovering alcoholic ex-convict in his cold garage alone in New Jersey and we rescued him....6 & 5 years

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 27, 2010 at 09:53 PM..
Old April 27, 2010, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Nice combination. Try it!
no its not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUU_oOBZKko
Old April 27, 2010, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

nice pictures there bujhee_kom bhai.....
Old April 27, 2010, 09:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
nice pictures there bujhee_kom bhai.....
Thank you ialbd bhaiya!! You should come to our place visit and meet them please.
Old April 27, 2010, 10:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Shorail er kutta khub dangerous. gheu gheu korey chootey ashey.
Old April 27, 2010, 10:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Shorail er kutta khub dangerous. gheu gheu korey chootey ashey.
Ji Beamer bhai, Shorail-er kookkur khoob prithibi bikkhatto, ami shunechi Britishra naki shei breed khujto jokhon BD-er rokto chushto, shashon korto, khoob ferocious dog, very loyal and very quick/fast runner, like the thin stomach hounds. Shorail amader Branhmanbariar pashei, amader heritage and oitijjho! Amra Shorail kookoor-ke nie khoob gorbo kori amader elakai.
Old April 27, 2010, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Always wanted to get a Tamaskan Dog.

Old April 27, 2010, 11:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Dhrubo like your Tamaskan and Gowza's girl friend 's and cousin's huskies and his future dream to company a Malamute are my favourite and dream dogs too.! Along with Golden Retrievers, Yellow Labs, English Bulldogs and any/all mountain outdoors big furry work dogs!! I really like Sohel bhai's cats!!
Old April 27, 2010, 11:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
I want to know the origin of "নেরি কুকুর"

This is Nasif bhai's BD Home, his private 1st class Rickshaw and personal body guards...hahahaha!!!
Old April 28, 2010, 01:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Nice pics Javed bhai.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 28, 2010, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Nice pictures, Zaved. Here are our cats.

The dapper fellow in the first picture is Robbie, aka Rabindranath (as named by the Mrs.) Ahmad. He's a rather mischievous Maine Coon with a taste for olives.

And this is Everett. He is, shall we say, somewhat more nerdy and scholastic by nature, as the following video demonstrates.

Old April 28, 2010, 07:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I hate cats, and I'm extremely scared of dogs. People can't believe that a person of my size can be scared of a tiny 1 feet tall dog. I don't care about the size - I just care about the species.

But that video from Ishtiaq was effing hilarious. Made my day
Old April 28, 2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
no its not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUU_oOBZKko
Lol. Just saw it after Kabir's post. I didnt see that coming. I was expecting the bunny to get mauled to death instead!