facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 3, 2020, 02:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
koi bhori shona kinlen bodda? kon jewelers theke shuni..chandi chowk e ekhono kisu bhalo dokan ase. al amin jewelers theke kinen na kintu. shonar jaigay pitol naile imitation diya dibe. naile boshundhora thekeo kinte paren..

accha shona ki ghore rakhsen naki hathe paye poira ghure beracchen?
Ohhoo Mufi...From Old Dhaka! Hamra Old Dhak-ka manoos! Laal-bagh, Kosaituli...from Auntu's Sasoor Baari...Patla Khan LAne + Saatigaa Nasirabaad, Ashkor Dighi style business! We will go full Republican on this one- stock pile Mufi, stock pile of precious metal! Once we pile enough, then we can control election!

Old March 3, 2020, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

After precious metal...we will get into dry spice market. Kacha Holud, Morich, Dhoniar Gura, Pora Marich, Adaa, Daruchinii, Lobongo - We may have not learned anything from the new world, kintoo America-ke kichu sikhiye jabu--GOP + Wall St Hamader-ke politics aar finance sikhabey?>

I already started to buy dry spices in the northeast from Rohde Island and Baltimore! My Fat Cats are guard my stock from the el-Dominicano mamasitas!! When it comes to guarding my spices, silver and investment, I do not hire guys from the Bronx or East Harlem, I only trust my Big mean Fat cats!
Old March 3, 2020, 02:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

shona aar moshla..dada ekta beauty parlor diya den Jackson heights e..holud morich shob diye make up koraiya diben aar last e shona beche diben..roman bhai nachte nachte apnar partner hoye jabe..he has leads on all the shundori lolonas..

sorry mods (if any are left) for off topic.
Old March 4, 2020, 01:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Just a reminder to everyone, I know market is crashing and chances are very high this is just the beginning and it will continue to go south deep into recession levels. I am losing so much money daily - much more than I have ever lost before. But that's also because I currently have faar more money than I ever had in stock market. Despite losing so much, I don't feel anything. Nothing like i used to feel 10 - 12 years ago, losing 1000 dollars would give me pain. in 2008 my 10K investment i just put in (market crashed like in 2 months after i put in) went down all the way to 1200 dollars. AND IT HURT so bad.
But those I took as only lessons and not shaken out of market forever. Nobody knows whats gonna happen but hisotory shows market will continue to outperform most asset class. Do not be afraid to invest and lose money. Automate and invest.

This corona virus can and probably will wipe out half of market from its height. This should make some of you happy but I gurantee you if you havne't put money in yet - you still will miss when the market starts to recover.. 100%.

I for one is on autopilot and occasionally look for opportunijes to buy individual stocks here and there.

In a perfect world, someone like me would probably try to time the market as it could potentially save me a fortune but my life is currently too busy for that unfortuantely.
Old March 4, 2020, 06:49 AM
Cricket Savant

^^^Thank you for this insight and explanation, iDumb bhiaya! I really appreciate your understanding, knowledge and input in this. Very helpful.
Old March 4, 2020, 05:50 PM
Cricket Savant

DJI is doing gut due to uncle Joeyi's keramoti last night, Idumb uncle!
Old March 5, 2020, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Would it be unreasonable to think there is genuine chance of a recession looming?
Old March 6, 2020, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Would it be unreasonable to think there is genuine chance of a recession looming?
That is a very reasonable thought process.
Old March 6, 2020, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Not sure about US.
But people here in UK are staying mostly home.

Imagine what that will do for weekend sales? Shopping etc?
Those retailers already struggling in U.K. - sales will be hit.
Just one example, of many other domino effect in different sectors.

Hotel booking also heavily down...
Old March 6, 2020, 10:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Not sure about US.
But people here in UK are staying mostly home.

Imagine what that will do for weekend sales? Shopping etc?
Those retailers already struggling in U.K. - sales will be hit.
Just one example, of many other domino effect in different sectors.

Hotel booking also heavily down...
I know. Hang in there, my dear Sporty bhiaya!
During times of struggle and hardship, stay strong! God blessing, eventually this dark cloud will dissipate. Scientists, researchers, doctors will find a solution to this.
Old March 6, 2020, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Thank you BK for those nice encouraging words! Same to you.

But this maybe a time of great opportunity!

Just like how Warren Buffet has been loading up his cash pile.. i have saved up.
God willing, in due time, I can allocate well. Prayers requested.

And finally may God protect us all from the virus!
Old March 6, 2020, 06:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Just a reminder to everyone, I know market is crashing and chances are very high this is just the beginning and it will continue to go south deep into recession levels. I am losing so much money daily - much more than I have ever lost before. But that's also because I currently have faar more money than I ever had in stock market. Despite losing so much, I don't feel anything. Nothing like i used to feel 10 - 12 years ago, losing 1000 dollars would give me pain. in 2008 my 10K investment i just put in (market crashed like in 2 months after i put in) went down all the way to 1200 dollars. AND IT HURT so bad.
But those I took as only lessons and not shaken out of market forever. Nobody knows whats gonna happen but hisotory shows market will continue to outperform most asset class. Do not be afraid to invest and lose money. Automate and invest.

This corona virus can and probably will wipe out half of market from its height. This should make some of you happy but I gurantee you if you havne't put money in yet - you still will miss when the market starts to recover.. 100%.

I for one is on autopilot and occasionally look for opportunijes to buy individual stocks here and there.

In a perfect world, someone like me would probably try to time the market as it could potentially save me a fortune but my life is currently too busy for that unfortuantely.
Just saw this post...I need to visit here more!! going down more ..but great to know some day it will be up
Old March 16, 2020, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

It's been a bloodbath and it will likely get worse before it gets better. But let's be objective here. Most ppl invest via 401K and receive 50-100% matching contributions from their companies, for up to 5-6% percent of their salary. Some receive company stocks at discounted prices. Also you gain tax benefits by investing. Taking these factors into account chances are you're still up a LOT since you started investing. If you are down, then most likely you are still pretty young and have a lot of time ahead of you to catch up. So it might be worth having a positive mindset and identifying some good opportunities before the tide turns.

I prefer investing in tech stocks as I'm in that field and they're easier for me to understand. Good companies with strong balance sheet that invest in sectors like AI and Cybersecurity will do well once the recession is over. Biotech is probably the most risky sector and usually I stay away from it. However, two stocks that popped today and caught my attention are MRNA and BNTX.

MRNA is set to start clinical human trial of coronavirus vaccine in the US. BNTX is partnering up with a China based company that will help expedite Clinical trials in China. Any thoughts on these two companies or any other coronavirus vaccine related stocks?
Old May 2, 2020, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Has anyone lost or gained in these troubling times?

How is your strategy going forward? Considering we will be in recession.
Old May 3, 2020, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Alot of the stocks are over valued, US fed pumped up the market for April, not sustainable for the long term. Im assuming index funds will start to drop now.

US Airline stocks will tank this week, after Warren Buffet said he's sold his entire position on Delta, American etc.

Maybe purchase BTC a few months after the halvening to serve as a hedge.

I think having liquidity right now is the most prudent play.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Has anyone lost or gained in these troubling times?

How is your strategy going forward? Considering we will be in recession.
how you doing. So have you put money in yet? LOL. I bet you missed again.

dec 2018, March 2020. not to mention a decade lost prior to that. Liking the American market resiliency?

having said that it does feel like market going a little ahead of itself but here is the thing - you can't predict it and for long term investing it doesn't matter.

invest regularly invest always. if u lose a little it's ok.

look it only took 2 months for my last post on this thread to look like a genius haha. the prediction is unreal even i surprise myself.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=1204
Old May 19, 2020, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
MRNA is set to start clinical human trial of coronavirus vaccine in the US. BNTX is partnering up with a China based company that will help expedite Clinical trials in China. Any thoughts on these two companies or any other coronavirus vaccine related stocks?
did u end up buying MRNA? It almost tripled from mid march. that would have been great speculative one. there were so my opportunities on this crash for anyone with trade like mindset... 100% swing in spand of 2 to 3 montsh for many many solid names.
Old May 19, 2020, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I didn't buy MRNA. I tried to understand what they're doing and their technology seemed pretty interesting. I just felt there's too much pump and dump in the biotech sector and it's difficult to pick winners. So I kept adding to my fav large cap tech stocks and btc instead.

My spec plays in the last couple of months have been MJ and oil. I've understood MJ for some time and I knew it was a good opportunity to get back in. This time I was also able to figure out the oil play. I invested in NAT in March while it was still cheap and sold close to its highs in late April. The idea was that one of the better ways to take advantage of cheap oil is to buy and store until oil prices rise. You can't do it with regular oil stocks and futures because they don't buy oil at spot prices, you need tankers to do that. Then I invested in USO, oil futures not stocks, after they resolved their contango situation.

One stock I've always wanted to add to my portfolio but never end up buying is Tesla. What do you guys think about Tesla, BA, the battered airlines and cruise ship industries? Are they worth looking into?
Old May 19, 2020, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
What do you guys think about Tesla, BA, the battered airlines and cruise ship industries? Are they worth looking into?
i say keep looking. Tesla is an awesome company but it's overvalued - it's a good trade though. Rest of them I wouldn't touch. You would think if anything the real casualties of this pandemic would be the cruise ship.

They will eventually recover but my guess is they will underperform the broad index next two years.

I would rather add to my bitcoin position than buy cruise ship if i were you - i think you have a better risk/reward profile there.
Old May 23, 2020, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
how you doing. So have you put money in yet? LOL. I bet you missed again.

dec 2018, March 2020. not to mention a decade lost prior to that. Liking the American market resiliency?

having said that it does feel like market going a little ahead of itself but here is the thing - you can't predict it and for long term investing it doesn't matter.

invest regularly invest always. if u lose a little it's ok.

look it only took 2 months for my last post on this thread to look like a genius haha. the prediction is unreal even i surprise myself.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=1204
Alhamduillah. Hope you are keeping well.

No. It’s a time to preserve cash (thanks to Allah to be in that position).

U.K. stock prices haven’t yet reflected the true impact of the virus. It’s still overvalued.

Quite tough to get the timing right. But let’s see.

Most probably have to wait until Q3/Q4 before making any moves.
Old June 5, 2020, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i say keep looking. Tesla is an awesome company but it's overvalued - it's a good trade though. Rest of them I wouldn't touch. You would think if anything the real casualties of this pandemic would be the cruise ship.

They will eventually recover but my guess is they will underperform the broad index next two years.

I would rather add to my bitcoin position than buy cruise ship if i were you - i think you have a better risk/reward profile there.
I think i got this call wrong. But regardless I did buy into airlines and got lucky enough to catch the flight and royal carribbean... now probably time to sell... What a stunning few months in market.. Never cease to amaze me...
Old June 5, 2020, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Alhamduillah. Hope you are keeping well.

No. It’s a time to preserve cash (thanks to Allah to be in that position).

U.K. stock prices haven’t yet reflected the true impact of the virus. It’s still overvalued.

Quite tough to get the timing right. But let’s see.

Most probably have to wait until Q3/Q4 before making any moves.
what you are doing is a fool's game. Nothing else. Now you won't get back in. It's been years i been telling you to buy in increments. You don't have to buy everything all at once. What you are doing is trying to "time" the market but your psychological barrier will never allow you to get in.

Just like the low of March this year... you thought like everyone other joe/moe that the world is ending.

maybe market is overvalued - maybe its feds policy creating inflated assets - it doesn't matter over long term.

you will never lose money if you spent enough well diversified/index time in the market...i been following market daily since i was 13 years old. Only thing I haven't experienced I guess is a depression. dot com burst, subprime burst, Debt ceiling nonsense, covid recession. it's the same story again and again... Recession last only a year bull market last a decade.... Yes you lose a lot of money in one year but you keep pouring for the other 10... and at the end YOU WIN!!! simple.
Old June 5, 2020, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Just saw this post...I need to visit here more!! going down more ..but great to know some day it will be up
I hope you held your nerve. Ability to stomach such a swing is the hardest part. SOmetimes it's better not to look and create an autopilot so emotion is out.
Old June 8, 2020, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

I have recently started looking for the right platform to use potentially - mainly for fees comparison.

Started watching YouTube videos - my God! It’s a gambling parlour!!!

Some people have absolutely zero clue about investing? And they are putting their savings.
Came across a video where a guy put 100% of his savings - but have no clue about investing.

I feel it’s only because this kind of gamblers exist in the market that platforms are able to make money!
Old June 8, 2020, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have recently started looking for the right platform to use potentially - mainly for fees comparison.

Started watching YouTube videos - my God! It’s a gambling parlour!!!

Some people have absolutely zero clue about investing? And they are putting their savings.
Came across a video where a guy put 100% of his savings - but have no clue about investing.

I feel it’s only because this kind of gamblers exist in the market that platforms are able to make money!
I am not sure what you are talking about? what platform? and why u watching youtube videos for it? Are you takling about online brokers?

Current market exuberance feels like gambling. I totally agree. It's a combination of easy access/bored ppl at home/not gonna miss out this time mentally driving this stunning market rocket ship. But thats another story.

anyways, I woke up today morning, looked at the market and gone on a buying spree for first half and hour. Had brunch. Then went to the beach. Then came back and then ate more grill food and finally opened the trades that i did in the morning and saw made 700 dollars from todays trade. No research, No time spent.. purely based on market sentiments. u can call it gambling, I call it understanding market psyche. These are positions that will be closed with a day or two... So u don't always have to "know to invest" - u can trade any high volume traded stocks purely on technicals/sentiments.

I wrote a thread in this site years ago explaining why i think oil price will be low in foreseeble future. It's playing out and it will cont to be low. And over loong term oil companies in my opinion are bad investments but that didn't stop me from buying all the beat up ones currently at recovery phase.... cuz too may money on sideline and they are pouring it on the "beaten down sector"... so I too will ride with them and GTFO with some gain....the same reason i don't sshut down ppl who talk about bitcoin. personally i think it's a ponzi currency backed by nothing - but I am not gonna be the hero fighting billions of dollars being poured in it...i join in and watch.