facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 18, 2007, 01:57 AM
Test Cricketer

joy bidesh boshe boshe golabazi kore khali......

Old July 18, 2007, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

It was good to read this reply to one of the member's points. It's important to know the focus and keep lining towards that focus. Getting misguided/confused is possible, which would be worthless. Someone had to do something about whatever wrong was being done in the country.

On another note, it is an ancient practice to confuse people with solid sounding logic and move people away from their vision/focus. The ultimate need was to put an end to all the corruption that was going on. I guess from that point CTG is trying to do it legally (court cases). So far so good. As many other members have said before I'd say the same - let's see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
The term is corruption and crime, NOT good or bad. Who else you suggest other than CTG to take action on corruption and crime against any alleged person? Shouldn't it be to let them do their job, and let those alleged people prove their innocence? How come all of a sudden above big name you mention ( and few more not in your list ) become so bad? If that was the case, how come they become household name and holding top level position in the party? and who approved them in the first place? Why blame CTG to treat them as good or bad? Where did you find CTG are saying they are great anyway? We should stop these kind of baseless and meaningless argument, otherwise it sounds like spreading intentional propaganda.

Any one talks or act against them and their interest, become controversial, biased, part of conspiracy in no time. We have witnessed this trend umpteen time, and this time is nothing exception.
Old July 18, 2007, 07:37 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Another good news to cheer the people up

Three cops get seven-yr prison sentences in wheat scam case >>
Quote:
An anti-corruption court sentenced three policemen to seven years rigorous imprisonment and two officials of a company to one year in a wheat scam case today. The convicts are Ashraful Islam, former officer-in-charge of Fatullah Police Station in Narayanganj, sub-inspectors of the same station Enamul Huq and Miraz Al Mahmud, Abul Khair Group's production manager Mustafizur Rahman and assistant manager Zakir Hossain.
The cops were suspended from service following their arrest on January 30 this year.
Judge Begum Shamsunnahar also fined the policemen Tk one lakh each, defaulting on which will carry one more year in jail. The two officials will have to pay Tk 10,000 in fine, failing to obey which will bring in one month more in prison.
According to the prosecution, the army-led joint forces caught the disgraced policemen red-handed with Tk 14.80 lakh which they took in bribe from the two officials under a shady deal to hush up the wheat scam.
The unwholesome wheat was unloaded at Fatullah Ghat in a bid to store in warehouses near Narayanganj.
The court asked the authorities concerned to confiscate the speed money and deposit it to the national exchequer.

Old July 18, 2007, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Just curious, is it possible to arrest and send people to jail without conviction or court orders? On a different note Nizami is out of sight and out of CTG's radar why is that.
Old July 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

The question is, how many will they catch? The extent to which our ideology works, a few things that we "know" are wrong, we don't "think" they're wrong when we do it ourselves. Starting with bribes, to anything...just name any choto khato illegal stuff, that WE weren't involved with at some point or other.
Old July 18, 2007, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Khaleda demands immediate release of Sheikh Hasina
DS
Old July 18, 2007, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
DS
Lovely.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 18, 2007, 10:22 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
DS
Probably that won't be enough to escape arrest.
Old July 18, 2007, 10:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Just curious, is it possible to arrest and send people to jail without conviction or court orders? On a different note Nizami is out of sight and out of CTG's radar why is that.
yes ... this is something I am also keeping track of...

Here is some interesting coomments in dristipath blog

Quote:
Over the last few days we heard a lot about reforms and we saw informal break ups of LDP, Awami League, BNP and JP. Amazingly, Jamat is completely missing from the picture. Neither they are talking about any of reform, nor their leaders are banned from travelling abroad in spite of having criminal cases on them (unlike some others we know). When Barrister Mainul Hossain was asked about this aparent favourtism, he expressed his ignorance and said he did not know Mr. Mujahid. Now Deshivoice blog exposes an old video of a conference of Islami Chatro Shibir where Barrister Mainul Hossain was present as a special guest sitting not too far from Mr. Mujahid and Delwar Hossain Sayeedi. If these two cases of favourtism and lying on camera was not enough, here is the most troubling news of institutionalizing presence of Jamat-i-Islami in the voter list creation by the election commission.

Election Commission has recently selected Bangladesh Masjid Mission to “be given the responsibility to encourage the people through mosque-based publicity to be enlisted in the voter enrolment with photographs.” Now first of all it may seem innocuous thinking that it is trying to encourage the picture taking of conservative Muslims through this mission. But let’s not make any mistake that this is indeed giving formal power to an organization that lists as its aim:

Making the mosques a living center to Islam to address all sorts of human problems & suffering in light of Masjid-e-Nababi. Even this would not have been so problematic had Bangladesh Masjid Mission wasn’t so close to Jamate Islami. Their website is adorned with pictures of Jamat Amir and former chief of Albadar Al Shams and a collaborator in our liberation war and alleged war criminal Matiur Rahman Nizami.
Old July 18, 2007, 11:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
The term is corruption and crime, NOT good or bad. Who else you suggest other than CTG to take action on corruption and crime against any alleged person? Shouldn't it be to let them do their job, and let those alleged people prove their innocence? How come all of a sudden above big name you mention ( and few more not in your list ) become so bad? If that was the case, how come they become household name and holding top level position in the party? and who approved them in the first place? Why blame CTG to treat them as good or bad? Where did you find CTG are saying they are great anyway? We should stop these kind of baseless and meaningless argument, otherwise it sounds like spreading intentional propaganda.

Any one talks or act against them and their interest, become controversial, biased, part of conspiracy in no time. We have witnessed this trend umpteen time, and this time is nothing exception.
I am sorry bhai. Its corruption and crimenot good or bad. sure the CTG should take action against people, but in a transparent way. That is what they are not doing.
That is the only thing that i could follow in ur reply. The rest i seriously couldnt decipher.
Old July 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
I am sorry bhai. Its corruption and crimenot good or bad. sure the CTG should take action against people, but in a transparent way. That is what they are not doing.
That is the only thing that i could follow in ur reply. The rest i seriously couldnt decipher.
Competely agree with your idea of "transparency". It's important that ANY government has that, and ay institution has that as well. But I'm afraid, in our situation, transparency will simply not work. Why? Well, because of the possible followup actions by the powerful leaders' people.

What kind of transparency do you see in big scale cleanup process? I can't remember seeing anything of that sort in my very "short" life so far.
Old July 18, 2007, 12:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Competely agree with your idea of "transparency". It's important that ANY government has that, and ay institution has that as well. But I'm afraid, in our situation, transparency will simply not work. Why? Well, because of the possible followup actions by the powerful leaders' people.

What kind of transparency do you see in big scale cleanup process? I can't remember seeing anything of that sort in my very "short" life so far.
y will it not simply work? i am not very clear what your reasoning means.

For example, ajke Sheikh Hasina couldnt see her lawyers? Eita korar toh karon chilo nah.
One of the members mentioned that the burden should be on the criminaly(alleged) to prove his/her innocence, but if you put him in jail before hand and not let him get legal help, how do u expect him to do nething. State of emergency diye they cannot be breaking the constituion blatently forever. Especially when the informal economy is almost dying and the govt is pursuing contradictory economic policies.
Old July 18, 2007, 01:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
y will it not simply work? i am not very clear what your reasoning means.

For example, ajke Sheikh Hasina couldnt see her lawyers? Eita korar toh karon chilo nah.
One of the members mentioned that the burden should be on the criminaly(alleged) to prove his/her innocence, but if you put him in jail before hand and not let him get legal help, how do u expect him to do nething. State of emergency diye they cannot be breaking the constituion blatently forever. Especially when the informal economy is almost dying and the govt is pursuing contradictory economic policies.
Apne kibhabe janeen karon chilo ki na chilo? Hasina ukil paile prothome jai kaz korbe shita hoites instruction dibe andolon korar ukiler madhome. Joy abong Rehana to already ushkani ditese undoloner name. Let the situtaion be under control first befor Hasina can arrange destructive andolon again. There are lots of reason to keep her isolated. She will be given enough ukil hours to defend herself.
Old July 18, 2007, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Well this is how I see it. You may agree with me or not.

A real cleanup process without a transparency is a very dangerous thing... in lot of cases it's just a temp. relief or just cosmetic change. Ususally it comes back with much worst case.

I am not saying the current Gov is a failure or will not be successful, but I hope they realize that, to be successful, they need to be transparent and even handed.

We all want to see corrupt Politicians go to jail. But I expect more genuine and solid case. But some of the cases they came up with (Moudud just one example) really disappointed me. As I mentioned previously, there are 5 pillers of corruptions and we are just concentrating on one piller. Even not that. We are picking and choosing who to punish and whom to let go free insteaad of concentrating cheansing the system. That is a little concen to me.

About all these extortion case comming up from business men. Its hard to believe that its extortion and not bribe. The politicians are to blame either way. But the corrupt Businessmen are getting away... we are making them heros out of zeros.

At some point someone need to asnwer how Iskander and Hafiz can get away where as others cannot. Why we are using short-cut tortures method to get information? Why targeting persons and not targeting fixing the process instead? Why easy on other pillers of corruption?

Therefore I am wait and see mode with kind of disapointed mood. May be I excpeted too much good things from this current governemnt at the begining.

Last edited by Fazal; July 18, 2007 at 01:13 PM..
Old July 18, 2007, 01:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Apne kibhabe janeen karon chilo ki na chilo? Hasina ukil paile prothome jai kaz korbe shita hoites instruction dibe andolon korar ukiler madhome. Joy abong Rehana to already ushkani ditese undoloner name. Let the situtaion be under control first befor Hasina can arrange destructive andolon again. There are lots of reason to keep her isolated. She will be given enough ukil hours to defend herself.
How is that fair? Its like waging a war for peace, or even more appropriately, ****ing for virginity.
Old July 18, 2007, 01:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Well this is how I see it. You may agree with me or not.

A real cleanup process without a transparency is a very dangerous thing... in lot of cases it just a temp. relief or just cosmetic change. Ususally it comes back with much worst case.

I am not saying the current Gov is a failure or will not be successful, but I hope they realize that to be successful, they need to be transparent and even handed.

We all want to see corrupt Politicians go to jail. But I expect more genuine and solid case. But some of the cases they came up with (Moudud just one example) really dispointed me. As I mentioned previously, there are 5 pillers of corruptions and we are just concentrating one one piller. Even not that. We are picking and choosing who to punish and whom to put into jail insteaad of cheansing the system. That is a little concen to me.

About all these extortion case comming up from business men. Its hard to believe that its extortion and not bribe. The politicians are to blame either way. But the corrupt Businessmen are getting away... we are making them heros out of zeros.

At some point someone need to asnwer how Iskander and Hafiz can get away where others cannot. Why we are using short-cut tortures method to get information? Why targeting persons and not targeting fixing the process instead? Why easy on other pillers of couuption?

Therefore I am wait and see mode with kind of disapointed mood. May be I excpeted too much good things from this current governemnt at the begining.
Very well sed. Exactly my point of view..
Transperancy problem er ekta udharon di.

if hasina had so many problems from the first, tahole why was that drama created when she wanted to come back. and then why was she given a chance to go out in exile. From this the question on the CTGs motive can be raised? If they followed a tansparent process ei kotha gula ashto nah.
Same goes for khaleda Zia. Like i sed in the last post.
Old July 18, 2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan

Hasina is []
You better edit it.

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 18, 2007 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: mod.quote
Old July 18, 2007, 02:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The country will obtain real independence when we get rid of corruption. And I feel it is the high time.
Old July 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
A real cleanup process without a transparency is a very dangerous thing...
We all want to see corrupt Politicians go to jail. But I expect more genuine and solid case... insteaad of concentrating cheansing the system...

About all these extortion case comming up from business men...
Why targeting persons and not targeting fixing the process instead?..
Quote:
..if hasina had so many problems from the first, tahole why was that drama created when she wanted to come back. .. If they followed a tansparent process ei kotha gula ashto nah..
I'm afraid I didn't get exactly what two of you meant by 'transparency' here. Little more details with contexts you mentioned might clear things up. Thanks.

More genuine and solid cases? I hope it is not to imply more, say more than 10/20 crore, money involvement. I think a thief is a thief regardless of the valuables involved. With so much corruptions including the so-called 'mononoyon business' going on within the political circle, can I honestly blame anyone for calling the politians criminals? I will be more willing to forgive any Abdul for stealing 100 bucks from my pocket but will never forgive an MP, minister or PM for stealing a single penny. Anyway, suspision is raised, tell tell signs are there, let the trial begin. Truth will come out.

Cleaning the system is necessary, I do agree with you whole-heartedly. However, we should also look at the time, scope and other limitations of the CTG. It simply can not do everything, it must start somewhere and I think EC, ACC, PSC and anti-graft initiatives speak volumes for the CTG.

Extorsions coming out of businessmen, who else has that much money to circulate around

Hasina's drama might remain a mystery for quite some time. I think it was a plan that didn't work for the CTG, I might be wrong though. Credit goes to Hasina for winning that round, credit goes to CTG for trying at least.

Bottom line is, these guys took huge risks on their lives just to make Bangladesh a little better, little more corruption free, little more peaceful. They can not change everything overnight, not even in two years, but they are trying. They are addressing the core issues so that a better system can be in place down the road.

I sincerely feel for the people who has tremendous respect for the two ladies as well as for the two parties. These two parties had the greatest potential to make the country better and peaceful. But somehow, we all rue for the missed opportunities. Now, sometimes breaking down the old building is the best way to build up even better building.

Hopefully, tomorrow's Awami League will be bigger, better and stronger. And hopefully, tomorrow's BNP will be bigger, better and stronger too. Awami League survived without Mujib, it will definitely survive without a Hasina or Rehana. BNP survived without Zia, it will definitely survive without Khaleda or Tareq.
Old July 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

This is called chorey chorey mashtuto bhai...
source:dailystar.net
Khaleda demands Hasina's release
BNP leaders unaware of her statement
Staff Correspondent

Setting a rare example, BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia yesterday demanded immediate release of her arch political rival Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina, and regretted failure of the administration to protect her [Hasina] dignity while being taken to court. "I am deeply disheartened to see that being a former prime minister, chief of a political party, daughter of a national leader, an aged woman as well as a distinguished citizen of the country, she [Hasina] faced a disgraceful and indecent situation on the court premises," Khaleda said in a statement, signed by Maruf Kamal Khan, deputy press secretary to the former prime minister.
BNP leaders however said they are not aware of any such statement.
"It [indecent situation] hurt all conscious people and destroyed the image of the government both at home and abroad," Khaleda said. The situation could have been avoided if the government would have dealt with the matter carefully and consciously, she added.
The BNP chairperson said, "I think it would be better if her [AL chief] trial is held without arresting and sending her to jail or opposing her bail prayer."
Calling for immediate release of Sheikh Hasina, Khaleda stressed conducting the case keeping her free. It would decrease the possibility of social and political instability and confusion.
The people do not want to see chaos and disorder again which led to promulgation of 'unexpected' state of emergency. Extension of emergency would not however bring any good to the county, she said.
"We have to move forward toward our desired democracy. Ensuring stability and establishing national consensus are necessary for this," Khaleda said. Everybody should be more foresighted and should exercise wisdom as the opportunity is now created.
Mentioning that none is above the law, she said nobody is also above error. And those who discharge major responsibilities of a country beset with problems have the more chances of committing errors.
Successes of politicians should not be underestimated because of their failures, the former premier observed.
"I was hurt by the illogical, non-political and indecent speeches of Sheikh Hasina against me and my family many times, and I am also hurt in the same way to see her facing unexpected behaviour," Khaleda said.
"Accused persons may or may not be guilty. So, it is the duty of the government and administration to protect their honour and dignity," she said. Every accused should get justice, and his/her right to defend, legal assistance and human rights should be ensured.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 18, 2007, 03:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Can we say she (Mrs. Zia) will face the music in similar fashion of my other relative (Mrs. Hasina)?

Nice gusture and speech but does us no good. You had a chance to defuse this situation just a year back and you chose not to.
Old July 18, 2007, 03:40 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Can we say she (Mrs. Zia) will face the music in similar fashion of my other relative (Mrs. Hasina)?

Nice gusture and speech but does us no good. You had a chance to defuse this situation just a year back and you chose not to.
Who knows they might ended up living in the same sub-jail......sweet
Old July 18, 2007, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

From personal account of businessman, I heard that the businessman was trying to get a project approved... all the AL and BNP lawmakers in that committee took a share of the bribes expect Nizami.

I think CTG is not after Jammat because they only get 5% of popular support... Their effect on public discourse is not significant. In addition, they did not steal as much as AL and BNP politicians.
Old July 18, 2007, 04:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Good point raised CM. I will try... lets see it makes sense ot not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
I'm afraid I didn't get exactly what two of you meant by 'transparency' here. Little more details with contexts you mentioned might clear things up. Thanks.
We all agree that BD politicians were more or less corrupted from top to bottom in genreal term. So what is the goal of the current government? To catch the top 2 only? To catch the few ? To catch all of the corrupt? To concentrate on fixing the system instead?

When Iskander is let free, that raised a valid question transperency. Why? Is it because there is no couurption charge against him? OR beacuse he is Gen Masud's Brother-in-law? As far as I know he was one of the top few corrupt from past Government. Besides other he milked Biman as much as he could. Same question can be raised against Maj (ret.) Hafiz. Is it becaus he is ex-army man and have connection? Why Ershad is still not in jail. Why surprisingly his cases were all delayed? Another one is ex foreign-minister (businessman to politicians). He is accused of similar things as some other other caught businessman to politicians. One top Jamat leader have similar extrotion case. How come he is roaming around the world. Advisor Mr. M doesn't even knows him? How come Amu, Tofail, Razzak, Manan is not in jail and others (after they open their mouth) are? Are they clean or something else? May be all these have good explaination. But these are all valid questions and to be tranparent and fair to all people's mind, someone from the government need to address that in a better way.

What about torture allegations agains them? Are they true? if true, some poeple can approve that. Sorry being in USA as a Muslim minrity I cannot support those kind of tactics.

Quote:
More genuine and solid cases? I hope it is not to imply more, say more than 10/20 crore, money involvement. I think a thief is a thief regardless of the valuables involved. With so much corruptions including the so-called 'mononoyon business' going on within the political circle, can I honestly blame anyone for calling the politians criminals? I will be more willing to forgive any Abdul for stealing 100 bucks from my pocket but will never forgive an MP, minister or PM for stealing a single penny. Anyway, suspision is raised, tell tell signs are there, let the trial begin. Truth will come out.
Yes I was expecting more genuine and valid case. They kind of dissapointed me. Cases against Tarik dissapointed me. Cases against Moudud make me scratch my head. Anotehr case where a BNP politician deposited his bullets one week late (but deposited his valid gun on time) and he get multiple years of jail. Who we are kiiding? I would rather deal with a 'OJ Simpson' let go rather than targeted and shoddy cases and convictions.

About forgive any Abdul for stealing 100 bucks, I agree with you. However I was not taking about our regular Abdul here. I am talking about BIG shot Businessmans who bribes ( gave extrotions to some) few crores to politicians and made 10 times more easy money. Thses BIG SHOT businesman (plenty of them) owns politicians and army officers, not the other way around. They prospered in all past governments regarless who comes and who goes. All I see is two set of culprtits here... I see no angel here.

Have you gone to bangladesh last few years before 2007? Lots of people spend money like 'hater Moila'. Can those be hard earned money? I have seen some self made millionier in my life, none of them spent money like that even they can affort that. So who are they? Are they all politician's sons and daughter? Or majority of them are those 'easy money' eaener businessman and beuracrauts's sons and daughters?

Quote:

Cleaning the system is necessary, I do agree with you whole-heartedly. However, we should also look at the time, scope and other limitations of the CTG. It simply can not do everything, it must start somewhere and I think EC, ACC, PSC and anti-graft initiatives speak volumes for the CTG.
Well I agree that CTG has done some good stuff so far. But still I am wait and see mode because some of their steps make me think are we getting rid of Tiger and bringing a Lion here? Its too early to denounce them, but its also too early to give 100% kudos. I am confused about their sincerity. And whats make me even more frustrated? Unfortunately we don't have any other better alternatives left.

About ACC, I tend to differ. They haven't done anything significantly to say they did a good job so far.

Quote:
Extorsions coming out of businessmen, who else has that much money to circulate around
Well how you see it. Whats Extorsion to you (and most of the people) its not so clear to me. To me its more like bribe money. At the end they get good chunk of money out of those deal with the politicians. They used them to the fullest. Don't they? I see two evil there... I don't see any saint there.

Quote:
Hopefully, tomorrow's Awami League will be bigger, better and stronger. And hopefully, tomorrow's BNP will be bigger, better and stronger too. Awami League survived without Mujib, it will definitely survive without a Hasina or Rehana. BNP survived without Zia, it will definitely survive without Khaleda or Tareq.
You can hope for better AL and BNP, but for me I see little hope in these parties if the alternatives are Amu, Razzak, Tofail, Mannan and not some more clean record politicians.

Last edited by Fazal; July 18, 2007 at 04:48 PM..
Old July 18, 2007, 04:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The rumor is she has more 'khutir jor' than your other relative (Mrs. Hasina). The rumor is King of Saudi Arabia sent a strong messege not to put her in jail. Therefore she will be house arrested as before.