facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old June 24, 2017, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
So lacking charismatic leaders seems to be a big reason for BC's decline. Nobody of the stature of Zunaid bhai, or Asif Rahman visit here anymore
This! Very astute observation ...

Sportingbd why don't u share with us who u were before (a banned member for sure ) ..

Stop writing nonsense ... I almost met dilscoop ..couldn't do it at the end due to being a little busy .... why would I wanna go out of my way to meet someone and show him around if I didn't think he was worth the time ? I don't remember a single.post where we went at each other

Zeeshan is everyone's favorite here and is a very intelligent and a likeable person ... I have no idea where u guys get these ideas from. He is like the soul of this forum ... we all don't like it when he takes break .... and we love his esoteric threads ...

Even jadukor I used to like a lot despite how some posts lately may appear ...

U are the only annoying person I think deserves zero attention . So move away ... maybe u will be first person I will put on ignore list

Old June 24, 2017, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I actually had you on ignore list lol - until yesterday. But time to put you back to ignore list, again. The environment which you created over the last couple of years at BC is very distasteful. But won't get dragged into your game.
Old June 24, 2017, 03:23 PM

^^^ Well, put anyone in "ignore list" but please do not post disrespectful comment/view towards any of our forum member.

Thank you
Old June 24, 2017, 03:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ can someone please she'd some light on this `Ignore' option here in BC.

That's something I am not aware of.
Old June 24, 2017, 05:21 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1. This speed issue when match is going on.

Back in the days, we didn't have live TV channels broadcasting our matches. So this was the place to get chorai link. jom jo mat adda. Now we watch the games live. If you want the forum to be lively then game day experience must improve. Amar ki dorkar asey forum'e eshey page load kortey pari na.

2. 50/100 post minimum before you can open a thread. Gets some trolls to be more motivated and work for it.

3. Members not being "full of themselves". It is okay trying to prove yourself but that is not final goal here. If I think Mushfique is not the best WKer batsman and there are others who can do the job better, I will put forth my reasoning. Not just say I am right and you are wrong. Your mother is...

4. You can argue, disagree without attacking the person/poster. Yes, really, it is possible. This is tied to respecting a human being as a human being. Doesn't matter if he/she is from a different cast, class, religion, country.

5. Finally, RECOGNIZE the trolls. DO NOT engage. DO NOT Quote. Ignore their post. They will go away on there own if no one feeds them. If they talk bad about Mash, Mash doesn't become that. Try to have a thick skin.

Thank you Mods.

The only reason 2005 - 2009 was great because we respected each other even though we disagreed most of the time. Keyboard warriors weren't as vicious and mean like today. May be social media has to be blamed for the harshness we face (online bulling attitude).

Guess how many times I was banned? Naah, that is an easy answer. Guess how many times I was warned?

Beautiful post. Agree with everything you said T_E bhai. One of the reasons I am not around much during match day is the slowness of the thread. An over would be done by the time my comment actually gets posted(exaggeration but you get my point).

Site improvement would be the first step I believe. Nasif bhai wanted to update the site but I guess that didn't fall through. That would be a good place to start imo.
Old June 24, 2017, 09:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The website can be enhanced like some other message boards but at the end of the day. The team is stagnant and some posters have grown up (Teens back in the day) or others have just burned out.

I've been registed for what 12/13 years now? This website has been around 15/16 years.

Members should just be nicer to the newer members
Old June 24, 2017, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

F you cricman !!
Old June 25, 2017, 04:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

BC members have a clear inertial response to change, they simply abhor it.

Look at Pakpassion forum structure and look out ours. We are clearly in the 90s still, all this change won`t matter if the members don`t drop their hostility to new members.
Old June 25, 2017, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

I suggest the moderators to start a points based infraction system

20 Points for /Inflammatory language
20 Points for spamming/bumping threads/abusing forum
75 Points For racist/infammatory language directed towards moderators/players

When these points accumulate punishment can be given out

100 Points- 1 Day ban
200 Points - 3 Day Ban
300 Points- 1 week ban
400 Points-2 Month Ban
500 Points- 1 year ban
600 Points- IP Ban
Old June 25, 2017, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.

100 Points- 1 Day ban
200 Points - 3 Day Ban
300 Points- 1 week ban
400 Points-2 Month Ban
500 Points- 1 year ban
600 Points- IP Ban
Excellent suggestion DinRaat.
Old June 25, 2017, 06:23 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.

100 Points- 1 Day ban
200 Points - 3 Day Ban
300 Points- 1 week ban
400 Points-2 Month Ban
500 Points- 1 year ban
600 Points- IP Ban
We already have a point based inferaction system with expire dates. Check your infaractions if you have any
Old June 25, 2017, 07:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

As Habib bhai said, forum lacks thought leaders like Zunaid, ATMR, Sohel bhai. I think Sohel bhai used to watch boring domestic matches at the stadium. He had amazing stories. Miraz bhai played cricket with Shujon. Ar amader Roman bhai was a net bowler against Wasim Akram. Zunaid bhai created one of the first BD website in all of internet (cyberBangladesh!). Make no mistake about Bk bhai. He is an Ivy League educated architect. Shuja bhai who I met few times is well renowned scientist. MohammedC bhai would call some random shops in SA close to stuadium and get scores for a friendly match that BD was playing there. This is all before FB and social media. And so many other people. They were all very educated and well travelled. It was interesting just to listen to their stories. They literally felt like giants when I talked to them.

You wouldn't know all these unless you spent some time or read their posts. And now you have multiple people with proud nicks of NSU.

At present only TE bhai, KP bhai, Razab bhai are somewhat regular and in that mold. Ekhon tarai murubbi. Tader uchit aro beshi post kore eishob fazil pola der thik kora.

They are the senior players in our team. The pillars as Isam would say. Razab bhai hoilo Mash. TE bhai Mushfiq (for obvious reasons). KP bhai mone hoy Riyad type. Chupchap but bhoyonkori. Roman bhai maybe Tamim.

Forum used to be very funny too from the likes of Simon/Naimul huda bhais. BC auntie was gold.

Now kids are too busy fighting with foreign trolls. No real argument.
Old June 25, 2017, 07:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
As Habib bhai said, forum lacks thought leaders like Zunaid, ATMR, Sohel bhai. I think Sohel bhai used to watch boring domestic matches at the stadium. He had amazing stories. Miraz bhai played cricket with Shujon. Ar amader Roman bhai was a net bowler against Wasim Akram. Zunaid bhai created one of the first BD website in all of internet (cyberBangladesh!). Make no mistake about Bk bhai. He is an Ivy League educated architect. MohammedC bhai would call some random shops in SA and get scores for a friendly match that BD was playing. This is all before FB and social media. And so many other people. They were all very educated and well travelled. It was interesting just to listen to their stories. They literally felt like giants when I talked to them.

At present only TE bhai, KP bhai, Razab bhai are somewhat regular and in that mold. Ekhon tarai murubbi. Tader uchit aro beshi post kore eishob fazil pola der thik kora.

They are the senior players in our team. The pillars as Isam would say. Razab bhai hoilo Mash. TE bhai Mushfiq (for obvious reasons). KP bhai mone hoy Riyad type. Chupchap but bhoyonkori. Roman bhai maybe Tamim.

Forum used to be very funny too from the likes of Simon/Naimul huda bhais. BC auntie was gold.

Now kids are too busy fighting with foreign trolls. No real argument.
Who is Shakib Al Hasan?

Who is Mustafizur Rahman?

Two important players missed out.
Old June 25, 2017, 08:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Now, instead of fighting over this and that. Why don't take a chill pill or Tums and calm down?

It's easy to do, pull the plug out. Do something constructive. Try something new. Trolls will always live in the vast world of the cyber. It's something we have to cope with.

You beat them by staying away from the cyber

But Mufi, great description of some of the members from the last who have done so much hard work to make it a place for young'uns like myself to experience.

If they were here again, I would give them a big,big hug.

I have met some great persons who are members here.
Old June 25, 2017, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

now polapines have issues if I have NSU in my nick.
Old June 25, 2017, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

NSU ..haha ..isn't that a college made from basement of a house ..established in ....wait for it 1992 LOL..

Almost as old as banglacricket

All the admission rejects from other universities have to go somewhere
Old June 25, 2017, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru

only a stupid person makes fun of other institutions. Probably they couldn't even get into a University themselves.
Old June 25, 2017, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

^^The education of that fine institution is at display.
Old June 26, 2017, 01:34 AM
Cricket Guru

This coming from a guy who refers to the women in his family as female dogs. Wonder which Ivy League institution teaches such nonsense?
Old June 26, 2017, 01:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Guys please move on
Old June 26, 2017, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Guys please move on
I'm not afraid of speaking the truth. The Guy in the same thread calls someone F-U, the guy in the same thread calls people rejects from universities and the only thing you say is move on? Would you say the same if another member started saying F-U to Some other members? He also calls someone's wife a bitch - go check the Biryani thread. Please tell me does the rule change for a particular senior member? Even though he is flaming after members? And the only thing you say is to move on? He doesn't know about people's financial and family background - to anyone entering a university is a big achievement, how does the member know what kind of sacrifice the person who went to university had to make? What kind of difficulties they had?
Old June 26, 2017, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
This coming from a guy who refers to the women in his family as female dogs. Wonder which Ivy League institution teaches such nonsense?
Please carry on ...

1. I make fun of a college reading mufis post
2. Random guy jumps in and curses me personally
3. I reiterate my view on the institution
4. Random guy attacks my family

These are the quality posters we have now in this site ...
Old June 26, 2017, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I'm not afraid of speaking the truth
Good for you

Quote:
. The Guy in the same thread calls someone F-U?
That someone has no problem but u do .... u should report my posts ...click the report button ... it's very easy ... I may get banned and u too can be a winner .....
Old June 26, 2017, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Good for you

That someone has no problem but u do .... u should report my posts ...click the report button ... it's very easy ... I may get banned and u too can be a winner .....
You will never get banned, some of us guys know why. To you it's about winning or losing, to me it's about the environment of BC. You have been flaming after so many members - Eclipse, Zeeshan, Adamsu, and if I search the database I can get numerous other examples. I care about Banglacricket, and the way you go after people being rude and attacking people with low class post like calling their wife's bitch is sad.
Old June 26, 2017, 03:09 AM
Cricket Legend

I have reported your post last two days - but mods haven't answered to them.