facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 21, 2009, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib

As for street photography, I'm really interested in that, except I suck at it. My camera can take silent pics and pretty quickly, but they often come out really blurry.

Also one really good tip, take TONS of pictures, and later sort through them for the good ones. Like for every good picture I have, I have lots of really badly done, or just unbalanced pics.
if you are getting blurred images there could be two possibilities. i suppose you are using an automated setting. in these settings, the light meter could be fooled into thinking that a slower shutter speed is sufficient. the second possibility is handshake. photography is all about light so do spend some time reading about photographic light and how is affects the three basic controls within your camera - aperture, shutter and iso.

learn to hyperfocus just the way i have mentioned in an earlier reply. make sure that you are using a wide angle lens and that the shutter speed is higher than the focal length of your lens. try the manual settings! lastly, work out where the self timer button is and use it.

taking too many pointless pictures in the hope that one or two might come out fine is not useful for learning. instead, think about each shot, think about the light and how you are going to capture it. if you digital camera allows for the raw mode of capture, set it to raw and learn post processing.

Old June 21, 2009, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
well,a lot of things...

swimming
batting
bangali
gardening/farming (really suck at it)
joking (I'm serious most of the time)
painting
poetry
cooking
singing
dancing

well thats all I can think of right now but I know there are more.
tumi to dekhi kichui jano na.. ekta bheblaa... sorry tumi to abar bhebla maane ki eitao buzba na... my point.
Old June 21, 2009, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
if you are getting blurred images there could be two possibilities. i suppose you are using an automated setting. in these settings, the light meter could be fooled into thinking that a slower shutter speed is sufficient. the second possibility is handshake. photography is all about light so do spend some time reading about photographic light and how is affects the three basic controls within your camera - aperture, shutter and iso.

learn to hyperfocus just the way i have mentioned in an earlier reply. make sure that you are using a wide angle lens and that the shutter speed is higher than the focal length of your lens. try the manual settings! lastly, work out where the self timer button is and use it.

taking too many pointless pictures in the hope that one or two might come out fine is not useful for learning. instead, think about each shot, think about the light and how you are going to capture it. if you digital camera allows for the raw mode of capture, set it to raw and learn post processing.
Well I'm not suggesting taking useless pictures. Just saying take tons of pictures (think about each one, and try to get each one good).
Old June 21, 2009, 12:24 PM
Test Cricketer

some of my pics:

Black cloud emerging over Bangkok, Thailand

A random street girl in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Her eyes tells the story of her grief. till today, i have never seen such beautiful eyes as her.

one of the resort in Rayong, Thailand
Old June 21, 2009, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747

A random street girl in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Her eyes tells the story of her grief. till today, i have never seen such beautiful eyes as her.
This is a nice shot but I doubt if your caption is true. His/Her hair seems recently cut and combed for this to be an abandoned "street child". Dekhen taar baap banglacricket e aisha apnere jhari dibo kichudin por...
Old June 21, 2009, 10:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Orpheus, she is a Bihari kid. They are good looking ppl. I have more pics of her to prove. she was on rickshaw van pulled by her brother.
Old June 21, 2009, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Orpheus, she is a Bihari kid. They are good looking ppl. I have more pics of her to prove. she was on rickshaw van pulled by her brother.
Sunny bhai, I said her hair has been recently cut (atleast that's what it looks like from this pic) - which would imply not a "street" child. I understood that as someone who is abandoned. But there is no need to prove, I believe you..LOL. I was just discussing the picture... that's why it is an art
Old June 22, 2009, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

I finally got to upload some of the pics I took and here they are...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...4020197&ref=nf
Old June 22, 2009, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

sunny747, amazing pictures man. The last one is like a ppure advertisement. As for the one of the child, regardless of whether he is street child or not, its a really good picture.

Here are a few more of mine.

Aarong exhibition

Some random paan
Old June 23, 2009, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
some of my pics:

sunny, all your pictures are compositionally very good. unless this is intentional in your part, there appears to be an element of camera shake or perhaps depth of field. a blurred picture is not always a bad thing and in the context of your random street girl image, it signifies movement. however, i'd liked to have seen at least one part of this picture in pin sharp focus.

i like that picture not because of how it has turned out but that you became interested in capturing that moment. henri cartier-bresson was perhaps the best known street photographers. he walked the streets of paris with his leica IIIc and an elmar 50mm lens snapping away. he didn't like chemistry so sent his negatives to a professional lab rather than self development. later, when the leica m was developed, there was no stopping the cartier-bresson!

here is a picture of an unknown child playing in paris -

you might find the following link of some interest -
http://www.henricartierbresson.org/
Old June 29, 2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
some of my pics:

Nice pics.
Old June 29, 2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Haha. Never thought of that. Thats a pretty nice camera btw. Was going to buy it, but my wallet is just a void... nothing there. stuck with a crappy sony that cant do anything....

What kind of Sony camera is it?
Old June 29, 2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Shooting the shadows rocks....

As do sunset beach photos.

I love your angel of peace photograph. Is that in Rome?

My collection is mostly here.

http://akib99.deviantart.com/

And here is another one of mine.
Nice work, Akib
Old June 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
What kind of Sony camera is it?
Basic sony digital compact. sony w80. Like its ok, just can't do things that I want it too do.
Old June 30, 2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Basic sony digital compact. sony w80. Like its ok, just can't do things that I want it too do.
Now you can buy some really good SLR cameras in good price...
Old June 30, 2009, 02:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i did not take this picture: although i found it really inspirational:

Old June 30, 2009, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
thats the plan, although most cost minimum 600, which for me is still a bit too much.
Old June 30, 2009, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
a good camera would not turn one into a good photographer. as long as the camera focuses, has no noise issues at iso 200 or below and offers some manual manipulation, any digital compact camera could be used to take fantastic pictures. i prescribe the following: patience, an understanding of how photographic light works and knowing how to operate the basic functions of the camera.
Old June 30, 2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
a good camera would not turn one into a good photographer. as long as the camera focuses, has no noise issues at iso 200 or below and offers some manual manipulation, any digital compact camera could be used to take fantastic pictures. i prescribe the following: patience, an understanding of how photographic light works and knowing how to operate the basic functions of the camera.
Spot on. Thats why you are the boss.

My first camera was Yashica Electro 35 and it used to produce amazing pics.
Old July 1, 2009, 11:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
sunny, all your pictures are compositionally very good. unless this is intentional in your part, there appears to be an element of camera shake or perhaps depth of field. a blurred picture is not always a bad thing and in the context of your random street girl image, it signifies movement. however, i'd liked to have seen at least one part of this picture in pin sharp focus.

i like that picture not because of how it has turned out but that you became interested in capturing that moment. henri cartier-bresson was perhaps the best known street photographers. he walked the streets of paris with his leica IIIc and an elmar 50mm lens snapping away. he didn't like chemistry so sent his negatives to a professional lab rather than self development. later, when the leica m was developed, there was no stopping the cartier-bresson!

you might find the following link of some interest -
http://www.henricartierbresson.org/
Puck thanks for your good words. Well, i don't know much about photography but i learnt how to use my cam. i usually take pics on manual mode.

however, all these pics i just took very quickly without having to think anything. it just came out good.
Old July 2, 2009, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i don't know much about photography but i learnt how to use my cam. i usually take pics on manual mode.

however, all these pics i just took very quickly without having to think anything. it just came out good.
learning to use any camera you have leads an element of control over what you wish to expose. this in itself is the first step to taking technically good pictures.

your next sentence signifies another element of photography, that of chance. some of the very best pictures taken by non-fashion photographers were through chance. there is a saying in photography, 'f8 and be there!'. aperture setting 8 is just about the sweetest spot in any lens. it achieves the best depth of field and minimal diffraction. the most important part though is just being there. no amount of technical ability would make you be there. that is pure chance. however, i do find that the more i start to feel about the technical side of photography, i increase the chance of taking a slightly better picture when there!

one post script: you might be technically brilliant but have little or no natural creative understand of what makes a good picture. i fear that this is one aspect of photography that simply can't be taught. technically, i feel that i am at the level now that i understand the basics of most indoor shots with up to two sources of light. i still struggle with flash. lets cross that out, i have really no understanding of flash exposure! so all i do it take a test shot and setup my lighting based on that, hoping that it might just do.
Old July 2, 2009, 08:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Nice pictures Sunny747 Bhaiya I really like the cloud one.
Old July 3, 2009, 03:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
learning to use any camera you have leads an element of control over what you wish to expose. this in itself is the first step to taking technically good pictures.

your next sentence signifies another element of photography, that of chance. some of the very best pictures taken by non-fashion photographers were through chance. there is a saying in photography, 'f8 and be there!'. aperture setting 8 is just about the sweetest spot in any lens. it achieves the best depth of field and minimal diffraction. the most important part though is just being there. no amount of technical ability would make you be there. that is pure chance. however, i do find that the more i start to feel about the technical side of photography, i increase the chance of taking a slightly better picture when there!

one post script: you might be technically brilliant but have little or no natural creative understand of what makes a good picture. i fear that this is one aspect of photography that simply can't be taught. technically, i feel that i am at the level now that i understand the basics of most indoor shots with up to two sources of light. i still struggle with flash. lets cross that out, i have really no understanding of flash exposure! so all i do it take a test shot and setup my lighting based on that, hoping that it might just do.
thanks again, i feel much better now. Anyway, here is another one on the same day but edited by photoshop to contrast a little bit.

Old July 3, 2009, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is another one of mine. Used picasa to increase shadow to hide the children's face a bit.

This one was taken pretty randomly though.

Old July 3, 2009, 10:22 PM
Cricket Savant

sunny757....you got great talent. keep at it. i know nothing about photography.....but you can be like that rochonko/rothko guy.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles