facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 3, 2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I am so proud of our MPs, especially the language they use in the parliament:

Quote:

বঙ্গবন্ধুকে নিয়ে কটূক্তির ঘটনায় সংসদে হাতাহাতির উপক্রম

বিশেষ প্রতিনিধি | তারিখ: ০৩-০৩-২০১০

বঙ্গবন্ধুকে নিয়ে বিএনপির এক সদস্যের কটূক্তি নিয়ে আজ বুধবার রাতে সংসদ উত্তপ্ত হয়ে ওঠে। একপর্যায়ে সরকারি ও বিরোধী দলের সদস্যদের মধ্যে তীব্র উত্তেজনা ছড়িয়ে পড়ে। আসন ছেড়ে সরকারি ও বিরোধী দলের কয়েকজন সাংসদ পরস্পরের দিকে মারমুখী ভঙ্গিতে ছুটে যাওয়ার চেষ্টা করেন। একপর্যায়ে দুই পক্ষের কয়েকজন সাংসদের মধ্যে হাতাহাতির উপক্রম হয়।
এ সময় সংসদের চিফ হুইপ আবদুস শহীদ ও সরকারি দলের কয়েকজন সদস্য মাঝখানে ছুটে এসে দুই পক্ষের উত্তেজনা প্রশমনের চেষ্টা করেন। বিরোধী দলের চিফ হুইপ জয়নাল আবদিনও বিরোধী দলের সাংসদদের ফেরানোর চেষ্টা করেন।
ঘটনার সময় প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনা ও বিরোধীদলীয় নেতা খালেদা জিয়া সংসদে উপস্থিত ছিলেন না। বিরোধীদলীয় নেত্রী ১০ মাস পর গত ১১ ফেব্রুয়ারি সংসদে ফেরার দিন শুধু সংসদে এসেছিলেন।
জাতীয় সংসদের আজকের অধিবেশনে রাতে রাষ্ট্রপতির বক্তব্যের ওপর ধন্যবাদ জ্ঞাপনের ওপর আলোচনা পর্বে এই ঘটনা ঘটে। ঘটনার শুরু হয় সংরক্ষিত মহিলা আসনের বিএনপির সাংসদ শাম্মী আক্তারের বক্তব্যের পর।
শাম্মী আক্তার বলেন, ‘শেখ মুজিব মারা যাওয়ার পর এক লন্ডন প্রবাসী আওয়ামী লীগ নেতা বলেছিলেন, ফেরাউনের হাত থেকে দেশ রক্ষা পেল। শেখ মুজিব মারা যাওয়ার পর দেশের মানুষ তো দূরের কথা আওয়ামী লীগের নেতারা ইন্না লিল্লাহ বলেননি।’
শাম্মী আক্তারের এই বক্তব্য জাতীয় সংসদের চিফ হুইপ আবদুস শহীদ দিনের কার্যবিবরণী থেকে বাদ (এক্সপাঞ্জ) দেওয়ার দাবি জানান। ডেপুটি স্পিকার শওকত আলী বলেন, ‘আমরা পরীক্ষা-নিরীক্ষা করে দেখব।’
আওয়ামী লীগের সাংসদেরা এ সময় নিজ নিজ আসনে দাঁড়িয়ে শাম্মী আক্তারের বক্তব্য কার্যবিবরণী থেকে বাদ দেওয়ার দাবি জানান। ডেপুটি স্পিকার বলেন, ‘অসংসদীয় ভাষা ব্যবহার করলে তা এক্সপাঞ্জ হবে।’ বিরোধীদলীয় সাংসদেরা বক্তব্য দিতে চাইলে ডেপুটি স্পিকার ধন্যবাদ প্রস্তাবের ওপর ইকবালুর রহিমকে মাইক দেন।
এরপর রাত সাতটা ৫৮ মিনিটে ইকবালুর রহিম তাঁর বক্তব্যে শাম্মী আক্তারের বক্তব্যের নিন্দা জানিয়ে বলেন, ‘বিরোধীদলীয় নেতা এখানে থাকলে বঙ্গবন্ধুকে ফেরাউন না, ফেরেস্তা বলতেন। বেগম খালেদা জিয়াকে জিয়াউর রহমান ঘরে নিতে চাননি।’ এই বক্তব্যের পরই বিএনপির সাংসদেরা আরও উত্তেজিত হয়ে চিত্কার-চেঁচামেচি করে তাঁর এই বক্তব্যের প্রতিবাদ জানান। এ সময় বিরোধী দলের সাংসদদের বাঁ দিকের গ্যালারিতে বসে থাকা মেহেরপুর-১ আসন থেকে নির্বাচিত আওয়ামী লীগের সাংসদ জয়নাল আবেদীন তাঁর আসনে দাঁড়িয়ে বিএনপির সাংসদদের চুপ করতে বলেন। তিনি একসময় বলেন, ‘চুপ কর, চুপ কর।’
জয়নাল আবেদীনের এই বক্তব্যের জবাবে শহিদউদ্দিন চৌধুরী বলেন, ‘ধর শালা।’ তখন জয়নাল আবেদীন তাঁর আসন থেকে উঠে দাঁড়ালে শহিদউদ্দিন চৌধুরীও তাঁর দিকে ছুটে যান। তখন চিফ হুইপ আবদুস শহীদ, বিরোধীদলীয় চিফ হুইপ জয়নাল আবদীন, নাসিম ওসমান, সাগুফতা ইয়াসমিন, জাহিদ আহসানসহ কয়েকজন সাংসদ তাঁদের দুজনকে শান্ত করেন।
এরপর বিরোধীদলীয় সাংসদেরা ডেপুটি স্পিকারের নিরপেক্ষতা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তোলেন। তাঁরা ফাইল ও কাগজপত্র ছুড়ে মারেন। এ সময় দুই পক্ষই চিত্কার-চেচাঁমেচি করেন। রাত আটটা পাঁচ মিনিটে বিরোধী দল সংসদ থেকে ওয়াকআউট করে।
পরে ইকবালুর রহিম তাঁর বক্তব্য শেষ করার আগে বলেন, ‘বঙ্গবন্ধু জিয়াউর রহমানকে বুঝিয়ে খালেদা জিয়ার সংসার ঠিক রাখেন।’
এর আগে জাতীয় পার্টির সাংসদ নাসিম ওসমান রাষ্ট্রপতির বক্তব্যের ওপর ধন্যবাদ দিতে গিয়ে বলেন, ইসলামের কথা ও ভারতবিরোধিতার রাজনীতি এখন শেষ হয়ে গেছে। ইরাক, আফগানিস্তান, লিবিয়া, সিরিয়া, প্যালেস্টাইন ধর্মনিরপেক্ষ রাষ্ট্র। ইসলাম কোনো জাতি নয়। ইসলাম জাতি হলে ইরাক আর আফগানিস্তানের মধ্যে সীমানা থাকত না।
নাসিম ওসমান বিরোধী দলকে ইতিবাচক রাজনীতি করার আহ্বান জানিয়ে বলেন, ‘আপনারা ঠিক না হলে, আগামী নির্বাচনের পর আপনারা দেশান্তরিত দল হবেন। আপনাদের দুরবিন দিয়ে খুঁজতে হবে।’
এরপর রাষ্ট্রপতির ভাষণের ওপর ধন্যবাদ প্রস্তাবের আলোচনা শেষে পয়েন্ট অব অর্ডারে তারানা হালিম বঙ্গবন্ধুকে নিয়ে কটূক্তিমূলক বক্তব্যের তীব্র নিন্দা করেন। তিনি বলেন, “এ সংসদে যখন ‘ধর শালা’ বলা হয়, তখন আমাদের লজ্জা করে। সাংসদ হয়েও বিএনপির নারীরা যে আচরণ আজ করেছেন, তাতে আমাদের লজ্জা করছে।” তিনি বলেন, ‘সংসদে আমরা এ ধরনের কথা ঠেকাতে না পারলে দর্শক আপনারা দয়া করে টিভির সুইচ বন্ধ করে দেবেন।’
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-03/news/46064

Old April 8, 2010, 06:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

She is just three years old, yet she had to go through the most inhuman experience as an unknown pervert violated her at an abandoned house in the city's Uttar Khan area on Tuesday.

The victim was admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Police detained a youth of the area on suspicion.

The child lives with her domestic help mother and paralysed rickshaw-puller father in Ambagan area of Abdullahpur.

Her condition was stated to be still critical after a team of four DMCH doctors operated on her yesterday morning.

The girl's mother filed a case with police, accusing detained youth Shahin and his brother Nayon alias "Langra" Nayon who is now on the run.

Locals staged an angry demonstration and held rallies yesterday, demanding trial of the perpetrator.

The girl's parents came to Dhaka from Gaibandha five months ago for survival. Her father, whose right leg is paralysed, pulls rickshaw in short distance trips in the area as the income of her mother is not enough for their survival, said locals.

The victim's mother said, "I take my only child with me to where I work. When I was working at the house of Malek Patwary, my daughter went out to respond to the call of nature. After about half an hour, my daughter returned crying.

"As I asked her why she was crying, she pointed to a nearby abandoned house," the mother said. "Then I noticed she was bleeding."

The mother rushed her child to Tongi hospital but the authorities there referred her daughter to Dhaka Shishu Hospital on Tuesday night. Doctors at Shishu Hospital referred her to DMCH because of her condition.

Dr Bilkis Begum, coordinator of DMCH One Stop Crisis Centre and gynae consultant, told The Daily Star, "During the operation, we found that the child's perinatal tier is severely torn.

"But we have conducted a successful operation," she said.

Sub-Inspector Yunus Khandker of Uttar Khan Police Station said the child was violated in an abandoned house owned by Aslam whose two teenaged sons--Nayon and Shahin--might have done the brutality.

The SI said they detained Shahin and were looking for Nayon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw it on the news as well. The child is horrified. I hope the b*****d is caught and locked away for life.
Old April 8, 2010, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Whoever did this deserves to be stoned to death and strung by the balls from the city walls.

Some times I tend to thing Mona was right. We are a bunch of insects.
Old April 8, 2010, 02:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I am so proud of our MPs, especially the language they use in the parliament:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-03/news/46064
These so called BAL and BNP and Japa (that's not even a political party) MPs are sub-human, uneducated and poorly, barely literate, have no morals, self-dignity, respect for a national institution, public and most of all, self-image and their mouths!!! NO DIGNIFIED human beings would run for the Bangladesh Parliament along with these low-lives thugs. Our parliament is a cesspool of bio-waste, it stinks for miles!!

Poor Louis I. Kahn and his masterwork, what a shame!!
Old April 8, 2010, 02:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
She is just three years old, yet she had to go through the most inhuman experience as an unknown pervert violated her at an abandoned house in the city's Uttar Khan area on Tuesday.

.......Sub-Inspector Yunus Khandker of Uttar Khan Police Station said the child was violated in an abandoned house owned by Aslam whose two teenaged sons--Nayon and Shahin--might have done the brutality.

The SI said they detained Shahin and were looking for Nayon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw it on the news as well. The child is horrified. I hope the b*****d is caught and locked away for life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Whoever did this deserves to be stoned to death and strung by the balls from the city walls.

Some times I tend to thing Mona was right. We are a bunch of insects.
I am totally devastated, speechless, the society's moral is down the drain, it's a cesspool!! These two sub-human savage torturing criminals should be executed, flat out simple as that, whether they are juvenile themselves or not!

I hope that poor little girl can grow up strong and grow beyond this horrific childhood experience/memory and be someone great! I pray for her and her family every day from now on! May Allah bless her and punish those criminals! Allah please look this way please and help your suffering creations!!!
Old April 8, 2010, 07:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

Sick, Disgusting. I simply cannot believe that a person in sane mind is capable of doing this. Whoever this perpatrator may be needs serious help and long jail time.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 9, 2010, 03:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We have no way to get out of such darkness soon. We are in it for a long haul .....
Old April 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

খবরটা আমি দুই লাইন পড়ে আর পড়তে পারি নাই।
কি কুৎসিত! কি কুৎসিত!
Old April 12, 2010, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

A woman was held as a sex slave in a Dubai apartment for a month, a court has heard.
The 26-year-old Bangladeshi woman, who had come to the UAE to work at a beauty salon, was allegedly repeatedly raped, attacked with a knife and assaulted by a 30-year-old man.
The victim said in documents presented to Dubai Court of First Instance yesterday: “I went to a recruitment office in my home country looking for a job in the UAE.
They told me I could work at a salon for dhs1,000 per month so I completed the paperwork and left.
“I met the defendant at Abu Dhabi Airport and he took me to a flat in the Muraqqabat area of Dubai. He told me that I would have to work as a prostitute.”
The woman said that when she refused the man, who is also Bangladeshi, beat her and cut her hand with a knife.
“He hit me on my back and in the face and then ripped off my clothes and raped me” she told the court.
She was locked in the flat for a month and raped up to three times a day and only escaped after the man left the keys out while he was in the bathroom.
“My future is ruined,” she said.
The defendant has denied charges of rape and human trafficking and the case has been adjourned until next month.
Old April 14, 2010, 05:30 PM
Test Cricketer

not again...

http://bdnews24.com/bangla/details.p...=124496&hb=top

Quote:
ঢাবিতে নববর্ষের কনসার্টের সময় ১৫ তরুণী লাঞ্ছিত

Wed, Apr 14th, 2010 10:40 pm BdST

Dial 2324 from your mobile for latest news
ঢাকা, এপ্রিল ১৫ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)- বাংলা নববর্ষ উপলক্ষে ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে টিএসসি'র সামনে এক কনসার্টের সময় বখাটেদের হাতে পৃথকভাবে অন্তত ১৫ তরুণী লাঞ্ছিত হয়েছে।

বুধবার বিকালে রাজু ভাস্কর্যের সামনে বিকাল ৪টায় কনসার্ট শুরু হওয়ার পর বিভিন্ন সময়ে খবর পেয়ে পুলিশ কনসার্ট সংলগ্ন এলাকা থেকে লাঞ্ছিত ১৫ তরুণীকে নিরাপদে সরিয়ে নেয়।

'মুক্তবাণ সাহিত্য সাংস্কৃতিক সংসদ' নামের বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়কেন দ্রিক একটি সংগঠন ওই কনসার্ট আয়োজন করে। সংগঠনের সভাপতি আব্দুর রহমান জীবন বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের কবি জসিমউদ্দীন হল শাখা ছাত্রলীগেরও সভাপতি।

তরুণী লাঞ্ছনা প্রসঙ্গে পুলিশের রমনা থানার এডিসি নুরুল ইসলাম সাংবাদিকদের জানান, কনসার্ট সংলগ্ন জায়গা থেকে ১৫ জন তরুণীকে উদ্ধার করা হয়েছে।

ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শিক্ষার্থীসহ অন্য প্রত্যক্ষদর্শীরা জানায়, কনসার্ট চলাকালে পুরো এলাকার হাজার হাজার মানুষের ভিড়ের মধ্যে মেয়েরা এসে পড়লে বখাটেরা তাদের লাঞ্ছিত করে।

রাজু ভাস্কর্যের সামনে বুধবার বিকাল ৪টা থেকে রাত ৯টা পর্যন্ত কনসার্ট অনুষ্ঠানের অনুমতি দেয় পুলিশ।

তরুণী লাঞ্ছনার ঘটনায় পুলিশ রাত ৮টায় কনসার্টটি বন্ধ করে দেয়।

গত ২১ ফেব্রুয়ারি শহীদ মিনারে ফুল দিয়ে ফেরার সময় এক তরুণীর অভিভাবকসহ কয়েকজনকে পেটায় আব্দুর রহমান জীবনের অনুসারীরা। সেসময় সংঘর্ষের বিষয়টি স্বীকার করলেও ঘটনার জন্য বহিরাগতদের দায়ী করেন জীবন।

বুধবারনিরাপদে সরিয়ে নেওয়া তরুণীদের কেউ লিখিত অভিযোগ না করায় কাউকে আটক করা হয়নি বলে বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমকে জানান রমনা বিভাগের উপ পুলিশ কমিশনার কৃষ্ণপদ রায়।

তিনি বলেন, "বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় ক্যাম্পাসে কনসার্ট চলার সময় কয়েকজন তরুণীকে উত্ত্যক্ত করার খবর পেয়ে পুলিশ সেখানে যায়। কয়েকজনকে উদ্ধার করে তাদের নিজ নিজ বাসায় পৌঁছানোর ব্যবস্থা করে পুলিশ।"

সংগঠনটির সভাপতি আব্দুর রহমান জীবন বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমের বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় প্রতিনিধিকে জানান, পুলিশ বলা মাত্র তারা কনসার্ট বন্ধ করে দেন।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম/প্রতিনিধি/এলএইচ/পিডি/০০৪২ ঘ.
Old April 14, 2010, 05:58 PM
Test Cricketer

এসব ঘটনার পর নিজেকে বাঙালি পরিচয় দিতেই লজ্জা লাগে!
Old April 28, 2010, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Not content with being jerks in their own country, this is what some of our fellow countrymen do in foreign countries, and in the proces, spoil our reputations...
I didnt know whether to laugh or cry (the former being wrt the fact that 2 grown men were somehow overpowered by a 1o year old, though I am glad she escaped)

A 10-year-old British girl managed to escape from two men who had sexually assaulted her by kicking one of her attackers, a court heard yesterday.

The victim had left her home in a Jebel Ali residential complex on a scooter to find mice on a nearby sand patch when two Bangladeshi men grabbed her and attempted to rape her, according to prosecutors.

The victim’s father found her several hours later crying. One suspect, AB, 27, was arrested and charged with attempted rape.
Old April 28, 2010, 07:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Unfortunately, these animals live everywhere in the world.

But I can speak to only the Bangladeshi and the Canadian news - why point at others when we have problems to correct ourselves? Long time ago, I've read news of a police officer in Bangladesh violating a 3 year old. Now you tell me - a country where a policeman can commit such crime, there's very little we can say about the a-holes that are not meant to protect others and are committing such crimes.

I used to have a friend who was raped by her chacha 3 times when she was just 7. Her chachi blamed her because (quoting her exact words) 'she should have known that at the age of 7' and till today lives with that animal. The girl's dad was another ball-less bastard who couldn't support his own angel daughter. That's why that friend of mine and her mom ended up coming over to the US.

In these instances, I really feel that a barbaric process will help a lot. The day Bangladesh adopts the law of stoning someone to death for cases of violating a minor (including the families/friends of those who support these faggots), we will benefit from it significantly.