facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old October 11, 2016, 03:59 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
কোচ টম সেন্টফিট বলেছেন, তাঁর কথা নাকি শোনেনি ফুটবলাররা। লোডভিক ডি ক্রুইফ তোতাপাখির মতো বলতেন, তাঁর শেখানো মন্ত্র খেলোয়াড়েরা ভুলে যায় মাঠে। ওঁদের ফিটনেস ঘাটতি চরমে। কোচের অনুশীলনের বাইরে ব্যক্তিগত অনুশীলন, নিজেকে উন্নত করার কোনো চেষ্টা নেই। শেখ আসলামরা একা একা কত অনুশীলন করতেন! আর এই প্রজন্ম ফেসবুকে পড়ে থাকে সারাক্ষণ। এসএ গেমসে ব্রোঞ্জ জিতে, মেডেলে কামড় দিয়ে এঁরা সেলফি তুলে ফেসবুকে দিয়ে বলেন, ‘আলহামদুলিল্লাহ, এটার জন্য অনেক পরিশ্রম করেছি!’ অথচ এই অঞ্চলে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হওয়াই বাংলাদেশের কাছে শেষ কথা। এই ফুটবলাররা ক্লাব থেকে কাড়ি কাড়ি টাকা পান বাজে খেলেও। কোনো জবাবদিহি করতে হয় না তাদের। অনেকের মতে, এ কারণেই ভালো খেলার আগ্রহটাই মরে গেছে বাংলাদেশের ফুটবলারদের।
Quote:
ভুটান বিপর্যয় তাই এক দিক থেকে বড় উপকারই করেছে দেশের ফুটবলের। এই ‘মৃত’ জাতীয় দল নিয়ে টানাটানি এবার বন্ধ হবে। এই দলের জন্য ঘরোয়া লিগ বন্ধ থাকে দিনের পর দিন। সব টাকা চলে যায় বিদেশি কোচদের বেতনে। যে কারণে দুই মাস ধরে বন্ধ স্থানীয়দের বেতন। ভুটান শিক্ষা মাথা পেতে এবার যদি কর্তারা টাকার সঠিক ব্যবহার করে তৃণমূলে নজর দেন। নতুন খেলোয়াড় তুলে এনে যদি নতুনভাবে শুরু করেন ফুটবলের পথচলা, সেই বরং ভালো!
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%A5%E0%A6%BE

Blessing in a disguise. Hopefully by the end of this period, all these useless player will be totally discarded or retired. No coach can do anything if the players are absolute ****. This fault on our players. Fully. Its not Salahuddin's fault or any coach's fault. Its all in the attitude of these players.
Hopefully it'll result in more investment on the age-level football development esp women football. No more distraction of useless national team. It will be good for our football in the long run imo.
Edit : Just to point out, our best deshi available coach maruful was the coach during recently concluded SAFE championship. Result? Same old same old.

Old October 11, 2016, 09:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%A5%E0%A6%BE

Blessing in a disguise. Hopefully by the end of this period, all these useless player will be totally discarded or retired. No coach can do anything if the players are absolute ****. This fault on our players. Fully. Its not Salahuddin's fault or any coach's fault. Its all in the attitude of these players.
Hopefully it'll result in more investment on the age-level football development esp women football. No more distraction of useless national team. It will be good for our football in the long run imo.
Edit : Just to point out, our best deshi available coach maruful was the coach during recently concluded SAFE championship. Result? Same old same old.

Agree. People blaming Salahuddin as a coach but it's not really entirely his fault. I read reports of How "amader shonar footballer chelera" behaved in Australia for the World cup qualification, I was really ashamed . Simply stated, these guys don't really care.

The Best way to revive football in Bangladesh would be to sponsor orphans and have them run with the football all day long. It's how Brazilians do it. Brazilians have three year old's running with the football all day long, it all starts young.
Old October 11, 2016, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

People blame Salahuddin for this mess for a reason. What has he done for BD football? He just changed coaches one after another when it was clear as day that these footballers are hopeless. He has done nothing to bring up new players from the grass root level. 10 out of 10 for being a good politician though. Always knows how to shift blame on others. I can't stand this guy.
Old January 2, 2017, 10:35 AM

মেয়েদের সাফ চ্যাম্পিয়নশিপের সেমিফাইনালে মালদ্বীপকে ৬-০ গোলে হারিয়ে ফাইনালে বাংলাদেশ।

More reason to prioritize and invest on them heavily

Already told before, if the players are crap, no coach,no program can change anything. Should have listened to de cruyff when he asked for foreign players in our national men team. But we rather lose everything than taking advantage of something which is completely legal and normal now a days.Nothing can be achieved from this current generation of players.
Old January 4, 2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
ইতিহাস গড়া হলো না বাংলাদেশের। প্রথমবারের মতো মেয়েদের সাফের ফাইনালে উঠেও স্বপ্ন ভঙ্গের বেদনায় পুড়লেন সাবিনা, কৃষ্ণারা। আজ শিলিগুড়ির কাঞ্চনজঙ্ঘা স্টেডিয়ামে বাংলাদেশকে ৩-১ গোলে হারিয়ে টানা চতুর্থবারের মতো সাফ শিরোপা জিতল ভারত।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%87%E0%A6%B0

Still good performance from them overall
Old February 17, 2017, 09:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I can still remember in the early 90s, the streets would be emoty when Mohammaden and Abhani played a game. It was Bangladesh's own El Classico. Guys like Munna, Shabbir and Kaiser Hamind used to fight it out.

Then the SAARC games started and Bangladesh used to do well.

But then after Prime Sports and Cricket took over, Bangladesh Football went down hill. Our players dont have the skills and fitness to play at an international level.

But what surprises me is if teams like North Korea can make it to the World Cup, why cant our team do the same?
Old September 17, 2017, 08:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Great news guys. We have reached the 196th position in the FIFA rankings for the first time in our glorious history. Salut to everyone involved in our football. Salut to Salahuddin who is in his historic third term as the BFF president.
http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...ফুফে
Old September 17, 2017, 09:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Great news guys. We have reached the 196th position in the FIFA rankings for the first time in our glorious history. Salut to everyone involved in our football. Salut to Salahuddin who is in his historic third term as the BFF president.
http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...ফুফে
Not low enough. We lost to Bhutan (a country of 700,000 people). And we have been consistently losing to Maldives. Right now we are the bottom team of South Asia without a doubt.

You want to hear a joke? BFF stated couple of years back that we will be playing in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
Fact : We would actually qualify if FIFA did a World Cup for the bottom 32 teams in the world as we are now #10 from the bottom now.
Old October 15, 2017, 04:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Its kinda funny how Iceland with .01% of BD's population (330000) can qualify from the toughest qualifying region and so many massive nations cant even get close.
Old March 9, 2018, 11:16 PM
Test Cricketer

^ Exactly why behind our FIFA World Cup flag euphoria lies a hidden pain and disappointment of the realisation that we will never see our flag flying in the world stage in our lifetime. Most Bangladeshi youth prefer playing football over cricket, due to the fact that you don't really need much equipment or space. Within Bangladesh football is as popular of a game (if not more) than cricket. It's astonishing that despite this football craze, our domestic competitions and our national team suck so much.

We aren't the top team of South Asia, haven't been in the top-3 for a decade now. South Asia represents lowest, Tier-3 of Asia. Above us are South-East Asian nations of Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines. Not too long ago our national team lost to Malaysia Under-19s. Above them are teams like Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, Syria, China, North Korea.

And let's not even get into the top-tier of Asia consisting of Japan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Iran, South Korea, Uzbekistan. Well done to Iceland to making it to the World Cup, that too from one of the hardest to qualify regions (Europe and South America)
Old March 9, 2018, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Australia will win the WC, in the future, I hope I live to see that day. One of the rising teams in world football.

Go green and gold.
Old March 9, 2018, 11:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Oh on a side note, to rub salt on the wound, we are ranked #197 on the FIFA World Rankings. Making us 9th from the bottom.

The only 2 Asian teams below us are Sri Lanka (#200) and Pakistan (#203)..

Why exactly hasn't everyone involved with BFF been sacked already? All government funding needs to be immediately cut. We need to fire off all our existing executives, managers, coaches and most importantly players. Send talent scouts to hold trials in cities, towns and remote villages and form a completely new team. Heck, form a new board.
~
If you think this is an overreaction, Bermuda with a population of 60,000 (~2% of Uttara's population) are ranked higher than us. They don't have fancy foreign coaches from World Cup playing nations either. So go figure.

What will happen to our girl's team that has shown so much promise (made it to top-8 of Asia, lost to Australia 3-2)? Most of them comes from remote villages and will likely be married off by 18 by their families and forced to stay home and raise children. Taking our away our hopes of playing the Women's World Cup. We won't give them a single cent, our PM will not award them with flats or plots, or invite them for dinner. Instead we will pay player's with outrageous fitness levels and are completely undisciplined, international coaches just to show off (and sack them yearly when we can no longer afford their wages), and managers like Salahuddin only to make BS promises.
Old March 13, 2018, 09:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

The first match is Australia V France

79 per cent chance of France winning, 16% of draw 5% chance of Australia winning :/
Old March 13, 2018, 10:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.

79 per cent chance of France winning, 16% of draw 5% chance of Australia winning :/
Bangladesh koi?
Old March 13, 2018, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
Not low enough. We lost to Bhutan (a country of 700,000 people). And we have been consistently losing to Maldives. Right now we are the bottom team of South Asia without a doubt.

You want to hear a joke? BFF stated couple of years back that we will be playing in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
Fact : We would actually qualify if FIFA did a World Cup for the bottom 32 teams in the world as we are now #10 from the bottom now.
Maldives is a strong soccer side! Maldives India and Afghanistan are the big 3 of South Asian soccer. And surprisingly India and Afghanistan are late comers in that big 3, while Maldives always had a strong soccer culture. I am not talking about trophies won or ranking, though that would probably somewhat back up what I am saying. But I am speaking in terms of actually watching all the south asian teams play. I have watched all the games of the past two SAFF cups. India has invested properly in soccer, Afg benefits from many of their guys having went to germany as refugees when young, and now they play for Afg having benefited from german infrastructure. But Maldives, those guys just have a knack for soccer!
Old March 14, 2018, 12:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Maldives is a strong soccer side! Maldives India and Afghanistan are the big 3 of South Asian soccer. And surprisingly India and Afghanistan are late comers in that big 3, while Maldives always had a strong soccer culture. I am not talking about trophies won or ranking, though that would probably somewhat back up what I am saying. But I am speaking in terms of actually watching all the south asian teams play. I have watched all the games of the past two SAFF cups. India has invested properly in soccer, Afg benefits from many of their guys having went to germany as refugees when young, and now they play for Afg having benefited from german infrastructure. But Maldives, those guys just have a knack for soccer!
I suppose it helps that football is the most popular sport in Maldives.Whereas most kids in BKSP want to become cricketers. More money and fame playing BPL/ domestic cricket than playing for the national football team.

Many of the Afghani national players play in 4th Div/ 5th Div German, Swedish, etc leagues. Technically semi-professional football but shows the disparity between Bangladesh's professional league and Semi-Pro football in EU.

Afghanistan pulled out of South Asia, they are now in Central Asia region now, along with Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, etc (think they still play SAFF though). But honestly something is seriously messed up if we can no longer compete with Bhutan.
Old March 14, 2018, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.

Sounds about right lol. Our golden generation is long gone. I really hope Cahill gets to retire on a positive note.

Our best chance of getting to the second round is by beating Peru and or Denmark. Both will be extremely hard, I expect we'll end on the bottom of the table with a tie if lucky.
Old March 15, 2018, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I understand what you are saying about Maldives. They certainly are the best South Asian Football Side at the moment and perhaps in the last 7-8 years or so.

Our demise is very sad though. I remember the days in the 90s where nothing short of a 4-0 or 5-0 thumping would be deemed acceptable against the likes of Nepal and Maldives. I recall their then best football club New Radiant had visited Mohammedan SC for some AFC match and we casually beat them 8-0 and Mohammedan were probably being complacent. But then we had players of the calibre of Shabbir and Kaiser Hamid back then. Now, even at my age I reckon I'll do a better job than the current lot.
Old March 31, 2018, 03:36 AM

Some positive news

http://m.prothomalo.com/sports/artic...েদের

https://m.bdnews24.com/bn/detail/sport/1476995
Old April 2, 2018, 04:05 AM
Test Cricketer

^
I really hope the girls team gets more financial support and aren't just married off (common practice in rural Bangladesh). If they can keep this up, we are almost guaranteed to play the Women's World Cup.
Old April 2, 2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
^
I really hope the girls team gets more financial support and aren't just married off (common practice in rural Bangladesh). If they can keep this up, we are almost guaranteed to play the Women's World Cup.
Agree with you.

I have high hopes for them. If we can keep this team together (along with Sabina & krishna) anything is possible.

More news

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1462266

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1462026
Old April 2, 2018, 03:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Mohammadan Sporting Club is the best...Number One!
Payla Number! Black & White all the way! Hammadan all the way!
Tutul, Gaffar, Alfaz and Kaisar Hamid! Legends of Bangladesh Football!

Hammadan Sporting - Shiropa joyi!
Old April 3, 2018, 11:18 AM

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1462951
Old April 4, 2018, 10:23 AM

ভারতে প্রথমবার লিগ খেলতে গিয়েই মাতাচ্ছেন সাবিনা খাতুন। আগের দুই ম্যাচে এক গোল করে করলেও আজ আর একটায় সন্তুষ্ট থাকতে পারলেন না বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ক। ভারতীয় দর্শকদের করে দেখালেন জোড়া গোল। তাঁর দুই গোলের ওপর ভর করেই ইন্ডিয়া রাশ সকার ক্লাবের বিপক্ষে ৩-২ গোলে জিতেছে সিথু এফসি।

ইন্ডিয়ান উইমেন্স লিগে তামিলনাড়ু সিথু এফসির হয়ে শেষ তিন ম্যাচে একাদশে সুযোগ পেয়েছেন সাবিনা। তিন ম্যাচেই করে দেখালেন চার গোল। আর তাঁর দলও জিতেছে তিন ম্যাচে। সাবিনা গোল করলে দল যেন হারে না!
Full report
ww.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1463601/
Old April 4, 2018, 10:25 AM

ভারতে প্রথমবার লিগ খেলতে গিয়েই মাতাচ্ছেন সাবিনা খাতুন। আগের দুই ম্যাচে এক গোল করে করলেও আজ আর একটায় সন্তুষ্ট থাকতে পারলেন না বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ক। ভারতীয় দর্শকদের করে দেখালেন জোড়া গোল। তাঁর দুই গোলের ওপর ভর করেই ইন্ডিয়া রাশ সকার ক্লাবের বিপক্ষে ৩-২ গোলে জিতেছে সিথু এফসি।

ইন্ডিয়ান উইমেন্স লিগে তামিলনাড়ু সিথু এফসির হয়ে শেষ তিন ম্যাচে একাদশে সুযোগ পেয়েছেন সাবিনা। তিন ম্যাচেই করে দেখালেন চার গোল। আর তাঁর দলও জিতেছে তিন ম্যাচে। সাবিনা গোল করলে দল যেন হারে না!

Full report

www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1463601/