facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 26, 2006, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Welcome Andy to this forum.

Old June 8, 2006, 03:53 PM
Banned

hello I am a new member here. This is an wonderful website.
Old June 8, 2006, 04:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd
Welcome Abd. This is indeed a great website and the people are just wonderful people. The more you spent time here the better you will learn about them.

The Mods may have already sent you what/how you should start a thread. I would recommend not to put fabricated stories to influence others to refrain from a bad deed. The Almighty commands us to try to be as much pure as we can be. One has no choice but to practice that if he/she wants to receive The Almighty's grace.
Old August 8, 2006, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

I am 16 and did my S.S.C. this year from Ideal School. Now I am in Dhaka College. I am a real big fan of cricket and I have started playing street cricket in 1996 and still playing with lots of fun. I always try to follow all the internationals specially the BD games. I even went to enjoy the 3rd match of Kenya series at fatulla the day before my s.s.c. exam. I have joined this site on May and really passing a wonderful time here. Hope we will be the best cricket team soon.
Old August 10, 2006, 01:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Hi.
I am Living in Australia since 2001. I work as a Civil Engineer in the City Council. Married person. Like Cricket and Football. After Bangladesh I always support WI, I don't know the reason. Lara is my favorite player. The two best cricket matches in my life is:
1) Natwest Series: BD beats Aus.
2) ICC championship in Dhaka: WI beats Paki.

I like this forum very much. Almost everyday I visit it. I don’t write too much but I always enjoy some person’s writings. Thanks to all. Be happy and be fine.
Old September 6, 2006, 04:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD
... I don’t write too much but I always enjoy some person’s writings...
Tell me tell me, its "me" right?

Noooooooo!! It can't be fazal or babu bhai.
Old September 8, 2006, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

This is Maruf... I'm also known as Blaze in deshikotha+hot-desi, Aboltabol in paltalk... and some sites blazinmaruf...
Currently I'm in second year of college...my major is business.
I love Cricket... I wake up in the morning.. turn on my computer and see whats new on cricket. I'm totally addicted to it.
I'm also in love with BC, eventhough I dont agree with some of the members sometimes.. yet I learned so much!!!
It's been over six months I joined this forum... my posts might not say that but most of the time I enjoy reading...
Gulla fans make me laugh....
my fav player.. Bulbul... present day...Nafees... well I love ash but it's best if i don't talk about it.
All right... I'm glad to know you all... and lets support BD for rest of our life.
Old October 27, 2006, 12:23 PM
Test Cricketer

I wanted a nick with a sense of least-thanked-but-most-coveted...in that sense.......but with a cricket flalvor : So, thought Duck (golla) = Dak and added the "pion". Instead of making it Duck_Pion, I made it wrong, as always. And named Dak_Pion.......disgraceful. I am the most stupid person on earth who cant make anything but mistakes!

I hate cricket! Because it needs some basic memory work for Stats. I am awefully bad at stats. I have a real short memory. So, cricket is not my place. Literally no sport is good for me as the sports-lover. Here i suck: I cant leave cricket!

I am really really bad at compu knowledge. Thats why it took years to find out that there is a board where you can write junks about you to introduce! hah......

I am not funny. I had trouble when people are making fun or joking. Because it takes me a long ( like tera seconds...is it the right spelling?) to catch whats going on around. My Antaena are so short and worthless. Its not the tubelight...it is fusedlite. Seigh.....

I represent one of those Buiras who have no tastes in the family life and pretend to be too busy with studies or work, just to avoid any responsibilities for the home.

I am doing some crappy research in Micobiology-Immunology without any sense of direction. Only God and my Mentor know what's going on in this business. Peace be on my supervisor if I am not kicked out of lab door!

I am not creative in thinking. Even my signature is the product of plagiarism. and the recently added avatar was work of "Cut-Copy-Paste".

I am living like the "PIGS" = "Poor Indian Graduate Student". I am living by penny-pinching! No spare quarter to watch the Cricket online, and so, I should not comment about cricket. But who cares! I am good at commenting as experts in something that I have no idea at all.

Here i go ......I mean here i suck.........i mean duck duck!!

Last edited by Duck; October 27, 2006 at 08:26 PM..
Old October 27, 2006, 02:06 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak_Pion
I wanted a nick with a sense of least-thanked-but-most-coveted...in that sense.......but with a cricket flalvor : So, thought Duck (golla) = Dak and added the "pion". Instead of making it Duck_Pion, I made it wrong, as always. And named Dak_Pion.......disgraceful. I am the most stupid person on earth who cant make anything but mistakes!

ahhh... the pain. We hear ya.

Just let us know if you want your nick to be changed to Duck_Pion. We can do that. At least that would reduce some amount of the pain...
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 28, 2006, 12:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
ahhh... the pain. We hear ya.

Just let us know if you want your nick to be changed to Duck_Pion. We can do that. At least that would reduce some amount of the pain...
Is it possible? Let me think about it........actually I fell in love with this smelly nick!
Anyway, what should I do to swap my nick?
Old October 28, 2006, 12:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak_Pion
Is it possible? Let me think about it........actually I fell in love with this smelly nick!
Anyway, what should I do to swap my nick?
Check your private message.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 30, 2006, 12:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I'm Kabir, 24, living in Mississauga, Ontario. It's a nice little city next to Toronto.

I used to play for my school in Nirman...and was given the nick of "Botham" by my favorite player of all time, Maqsud bhai (captain of our team). But to be honest, I'm a complete misrepresentation of Botham.

I left BD in 2001 after my A'levels, and joined YorkU. Completed hons with IT and specialization in Requirements Engineering; currently doing masters in Information Systems at UofT (University of Toronto).

I'm currently a web developer and analyst at UofT's library system.

Needless to say that BD team is my favorite team. I'm with BD no matter if we win or lose. Having said that, I do think that being a big fan of this team requires one to be critical about the team's management.

I love BC. I've started following the forum regularly since the summer of 2005. After that, I recently thought of joining the group here. I like to read people's comments, even if it doesn't make sense. The most interesting thing is when we try to defend our team by any means, being childish for the most part. I find this analogous to an activist, who would go the distance with their childish approach, only for the sake of supporting something that's good...which in my case is my national team.

I love to help people with tech related questions. If you have questions re Java, and DB (MySQL, MS-SQL Server, Oracle), leave me a private msg. I'm working my way towards being an Information Architect, which I see as a new approach to IS (although the idea existed since 1980s). Surprising that Ontario Govt is only now approaching this area, with MS (it's a huge 8 billion$ project from what I know). Isn't that early enough to start looking for ways help BD's anlaysts?

My research interests?
1) developing search engines (I have 3 developed in different intranets)
2) web accessibility
3) digital library, and the prospect of digitizing Bangla books (if you've got some ideas on this, and wanna share or collaborate with me, I would love to hear from you)
Old November 15, 2006, 02:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Ah.. "introduce yourself" thread! sorry for posting late was too busy posting in the cricket section!!
So here goes..

Hey guys im Mustafiz or Protic ,18 years old.. living in Dhaka,Bangladesh. Im a College student..Its A'Level studies..and I LOVE CRICKET !!
Muslim ofcourse
Great forum.. I congratulate all the staffs and the members in here.
Old November 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
Ah.. "introduce yourself" thread! sorry for posting late was too busy posting in the cricket section!!
So here goes..

Hey guys im Mustafiz or Protic ,18 years old.. living in Dhaka,Bangladesh. Im a College student..Its A'Level studies..and I LOVE CRICKET !!
Muslim ofcourse
Great forum.. I congratulate all the staffs and the members in here.
Welcome Aboard!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old November 16, 2006, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd
lol, Got banned. No wonder I dont get to see your nice videos.
Old November 17, 2006, 04:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

even though i have been here for over 6 months i'll still introduce myself...
my names is adel. i attend AISD (American International School of Dhaka) and am in my last year of high-school. (i'm lovin' livin' in dhaka). I play cricket and football in my spare time, and also am quite interested in guitar. (bangla music is the man).

Cholo Bangladesh
Old November 30, 2006, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Its never too late to introduce yourself
Old December 4, 2006, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien

Hitler bro have you changed your screen name ?? Why ????? !!!!!!! Or am I mixing up members now.
Old December 4, 2006, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
User name change = bad and not welcome
(unless you want to use your real name)
Old December 5, 2006, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
User name change = bad and not welcome
(unless you want to use your real name)
Ki ar korbo....HereWeGo'r jalae naam tao bodlaete hoilo. Tarpor Moderator gula piche lagse. Shob milae naam ta bodlae duniyar jalaton ek shate dur korlam
Old December 5, 2006, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Ki ar korbo....HereWeGo'r jalae naam tao bodlaete hoilo. Tarpor Moderator gula piche lagse. Shob milae naam ta bodlae duniyar jalaton ek shate dur korlam

What the hell !!! Manush er eto problem keno? Onek beshi bekar time ache mone hoy to complain about a screen name. And dude it doesnt feel like you without the name"hitler" and the avatar. It actually feels like some alien has taken over your membership in BC. I dont think you should have given in and changed your avataar and nick. As far as I know your nick does not violate any rules of the forum and if some individuals had a problem with it you should have let them deal with it, why change it man !!!!! Extremely disappointed by your submission. Maybe I will open a thread soon and seek support to have "hitler"back instead of having an Alien.
Old December 5, 2006, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks for that.

The very last thing I wanted was to have an endless arguement with mods. That would be another saga. Besides, people who were criticising had crappy nicks themselves had nothing better to do than pick on my nick and avatar.

If I had Pol-pot, Gengish Khan, or even George Bush as my nick, they wouldnt care at all.

To them all I got to say: "Go find a day job".

Out of nowhere they started to care about humanity and 6 million Jews getting gassed up 60 years ago. And I dont feel that sympathetic for them because they turned out to be the biggest oppressors themselves.

Last edited by Alien; December 5, 2006 at 05:54 PM..
Old December 6, 2006, 11:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hey Guys,

I live in Australia and am a mad fan of the Tigers (and cricket in general)

In my spare time I run a cricket news blog. http://alookatcricket.blogspot.com/

Bugz.
Old December 8, 2006, 08:26 AM
Club Cricketer

hi i am Shanil or u can call me Rossin or oshustho_mogoj/omj lol i am not a new member but i wasnt an active member for years if u want to kno more about me just go to oshustho.hi5.com.

cya
Old December 8, 2006, 08:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adel_chain_gang
even though i have been here for over 6 months i'll still introduce myself...
my names is adel. i attend AISD (American International School of Dhaka) and am in my last year of high-school. (i'm lovin' livin' in dhaka). I play cricket and football in my spare time, and also am quite interested in guitar. (bangla music is the man).

Cholo Bangladesh
looks like u r my kind of person i love Dhaka, cricket n music welcome bro

Cholo Bangladesh