facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Which party will you vote for? (Participate even if you physically won't be voting)
BNP or 4 Party Alliance Cadidates 20 32.79%
BAL or 14 Party Alliance Cadidates 17 27.87%
Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) 15 24.59%
Jatiya Party (Ershad) 2 3.28%
Independent Cadidates 2 3.28%
Undecided 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 2, 2006, 10:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Just out of curiosity, Why do u think all the first four options are useless? Agreed we have seen three of the four indulge in misrules but why do u feel LDP is useless as well? I would love to hear your logic behind that since we have not yet seen them govern as an independent party. HOwever one can always argue that they were part of another parties misrule but I would say that they had the guts to oppose the wrongdoings. Col. Oli was always vocal against BNP corruption even while he was in Bnp. Mr.Mannan could have stayed with BNP and gotten a lot of favours done for his business had he wanted to but he chose to resign knowing fully well his business and himself would be targeted. I dont think there is any reason to doubt their integrity. I dont know much about the others in the party so cant comment about them.
Let me answer your question with a question. (this is how you answer your wife to avoid confrontation and it works most of the time):p

How long does it take for a party members to understand that the party heads are corrupt? For me, the day I started reading/knowing any thing about BD politics I knew the party heads were corrupt / dishonest / power hungry / looters. I have more charecters that I can associate them with but I don't want Chinaman to be behind my tail. Most of the chanachur party political leaders understand this fact when the Govt term is almost over.

Chanachur party: bhai ami chanachur dibo amar doley ashen. Old BD politics. Saw it when Zia came to power. Saw it at Ershad's time. Still seeing it happen in a regular basis.

Old November 2, 2006, 11:39 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Chanachur party: bhai ami chanachur dibo amar doley ashen. Old BD politics. Saw it when Zia came to power. Saw it at Ershad's time. Still seeing it happen in a regular basis.

চানাচুর দিলে আমিও পার্টি বদলাবো
পিয়াজ, মরিচ, সরিষার তেল দিয়ে চানাচুর মাখা.... আহ....

No wonder they switch the party, who can resist such a taste...
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 2, 2006, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

whats the LDP all about? i coudnt find much on the internet...
i voted awami leaugue bangladesh even tho der al de same to me...al a bunch of [] HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Last edited by Nasif; November 2, 2006 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Language
Old November 2, 2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

এরশাদ চানাচুরের লোভ আর সামলাতে পারলো না...

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/11/03/d6110301044.htm

Ershad may join BNP alliance today
Staff Correspondent

In a major political development, former president HM Ershad-led Jatiya Party (JP) is going to join the BNP-led four-party alliance today. JP sources said Ershad unilaterally finalised the decision yesterday, ignoring the opinion of senior party leaders including Kazi Zafar Ahmad and Secretary General Ruhul Amin Hawlader.
To avoid discontent and unexpected situation arising out of his move, Ershad also suspended the November 4 and 5 extended meeting of his party.
"The party chairman has decided to return to the BNP-led four-party alliance, and this will be announced tomorrow (Friday)," JP Presidium Member Kazi Firoz Rashid told The Daily Star last night.
The announcement would follow a presidium meeting of the party this morning. Ershad will preside over the meeting at the party's Banani office,
Firoz Rashid said.
Senior JP leaders, including Kazi Zafar and Ruhul Hawlader protested the party chairman's unilateral decision to join the four-party alliance without settling parliamentary seat-sharing issues, party insiders said.
On Wednesday, Ershad met BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and discussed the terms and conditions of his joining the coalition. BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Tarique Rahman also had a meeting with Ershad on Tuesday.
The scheduled extended meeting of the JP has been suspended until further notice. A fresh date for the meeting would be announced later, a party press release said.
JP district unit presidents and general secretaries were supposed to join the meeting.
JP (Ershad) was a component of the four-party alliance when it was formed in 1999, but the former military ruler quit it in April 2001, several months before the last general election.
Meanwhile, Ershad yesterday said his party is preparing to participate in the next general elections.
He was talking to reporters following a meeting with US Ambassador to Bangladesh Patricia Butenis at his Banani office.
Butenis met Ershad as part of her continued talks with leaders of major parties about the political situation in the country and the general elections. Earlier, she met Awami League President Sheikh Hasina and BNP chief Khaleda Zia.
Ershad told Butenis that his party would contest the upcoming elections and will help the caretaker government hold free and fair polls.
Ruhul Hawlader and JP Vice-chairman Golam Mosih were also present at the meeting.
Later, Butenis told newsmen, "I hope all the political parties will participate in the next election."
The US ambassador also met Jamaat-e-Islami chief Matiur Rahman Nizami yesterday, and urged all political parties not to resort to violence.
"I don't think any problem can be resolved through violence," she told reporters after almost an hour-long meeting at the Jamaat central office.
Iranian Ambassador to Bangladesh Mohammad Beheshti Monfared also met the JP chief at his office yesterday. They discussed bilateral and international issues. They also discussed holding the next elections in Bangladesh in a free, fair and impartial manner, a JP leader told reporters.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 2, 2006, 03:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
এরশাদ চানাচুরের লোভ আর সামলাতে পারলো না...
Most of Bd leaders can't.

Do any of you guys remember Mr. Chini (sugar) Kazi Zaffar's speech when he first joined Jatiyo Party? The famous quote of "Ar jabo na". In English it sums up like "been there done that. Will not venture that path again." I wonder what would he do now?

Folks let me remind you of somethings that some of you already knew but may have forgotten. These leaders have no ill feelings among each other. They are all buddies and regularly participate in their parties at their places (Examples: Son's weddings etc.). It is just around the general mass they potray they hate each other. The political party followers are the losers and fight with the other parties. At the top level all are friends.
Old November 2, 2006, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Most of Bd leaders can't.

Do any of you guys remember Mr. Chini (sugar) Kazi Zaffar's speech when he first joined Jatiyo Party? The famous quote of "Ar jabo na". In English it sums up like "been there done that. Will not venture that path again." I wonder what would he do now?

Folks let me remind you of somethings that some of you already knew but may have forgotten. These leaders have no ill feelings among each other. They are all buddies and regularly participate in their parties at their places (Examples: Son's weddings etc.). It is just around the general mass they potray they hate each other. The political party followers are the losers and fight with the other parties. At the top level all are friends.

Well said. I have heard of leaders of BNP and BAL chugging at parties together and a lot of things which cannot be mentioned here due to the nature of the things they did. What I dont understand is why are the grassroot level people of these parties soooooo stupid that they fight among each other,get injured and even killed whereas you will rarely see the leaders on the street fighting barring a few.
Old November 4, 2006, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well said. I have heard of leaders of BNP and BAL chugging at parties together and a lot of things which cannot be mentioned here due to the nature of the things they did. What I dont understand is why are the grassroot level people of these parties soooooo stupid that they fight among each other,get injured and even killed whereas you will rarely see the leaders on the street fighting barring a few.
Because those buddy (or bloody?) politicians motivate them to.
Old November 4, 2006, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
What I dont understand is why are the grassroot level people of these parties soooooo stupid that they fight among each other,get injured and even killed whereas you will rarely see the leaders on the street fighting barring a few.
Because they're professionals. They don't believe in any ideology, just like the central leaders. If their party wins the election, the whole Bangladesh becomes their property. They pay for that by fighting in the street to help their party.
Old November 5, 2006, 01:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Let me tell you a true story...

My cousin was returning from Sylhet last year from an official job. He was returning by air from Sylhet airport. Once every passenger was waiting for boarding he saw one Dariwala man came with some men and sat beside him. After sometime he recognized that the man was Maulana Abdus Sobhan of Jamaat. He wanted to move from that place but all the seats were filled so he cant move.

After around 10-15 mins Suranjit Sen Gupta of Awami League came with some of his men and incidently he came to Maulana Sobhan and "tara duijon mile molakhat korlo i mean Kolakuli." Tarpor shay je ki alaap. Suranjit Sen was asking questions like " Apnar chele khobor ki...Bhabi Kemon asen?....ei shob"... Maulana Sobhan was like " Suranjit Babu kemon asen?." .After sometime they all boarded the plane .

Nijeder modde ki modur shomporko dekhen......

Eta kintu ektaTrue story.... amar cousin chaislo je ekta pic niye rakte..but risk nei ar....Free Free mair kawar ki dorkar......:P
Old November 10, 2006, 02:47 PM
Administrator

After 10 days and 38 people voting. LDP is winning.

BNP or 4 Party Alliance Cadidates
11 28.95%
BAL or 14 Party Alliance Cadidates
8 21.05%
Liberal Democratic Party (LDP)
13 34.21%
Jatiya Party (Ershad)
2 5.26%
Independent Cadidates
2 5.26%
Undecided
2 5.26%

I was thinking LDP would be more reasonable party, but the saying seems to be true নতুন বোতলে পুরানো মদ ("old wine in new bottle"). They are singing the same song as AL. They are repeating whatever AL is saying, regardless if its logical or not. Parrots for sale.
Old November 10, 2006, 03:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
I was thinking LDP would be more reasonable party, but the saying seems to be true নতুন বোতলে পুরানো মদ ("old wine in new bottle"). They are singing the same song as AL. They are repeating whatever AL is saying, regardless if its logical or not. Parrots for sale.
Nasif bhai, this is what I expected from them. No new vision, opposition for the sake of opposition.

I am quite sure that LDP will be another Gonoforum.
Old November 11, 2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default What is so good about LDP

What qualities do the LDP have to run the government?
Old November 14, 2006, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshin_31
What qualities do the LDP have to run the government?
Well, what qualities do BAL and BNP have to run the government?

No harm giving LDP a try. At least we will break out of family runned politics for a while. Inshallah.

Today is Khaleda vs Hasina, tomorrow its Tareq vs Sajib. I hope their family linage ends here for the sake of the country. Again there are 144 million people, and an abundance of morons too.
Old November 14, 2006, 02:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Whats the date for the election?
Old November 15, 2006, 05:41 AM

Cant believe it, still more than 50% want to vote BAL and BNP!
Old November 15, 2006, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitler
Whats the date for the election?
The date is not fixed yet, but will be held in coming January.
Old November 22, 2006, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Our virtual election seems to be head on collision. BNP 13, BAL 13, LDP 14
Old November 22, 2006, 10:20 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Now, as LDP joined in 14 party alliance with BAL. Can wer have a fresh new poll with two (or three with jatiya Party) options??

I think joining with BAL will further backfire LDP. Some leaders might win through coalition but normal supporter may not like that. Its very difficult to support BAL for people who supported BNP for long time and now in LDP.
Old November 22, 2006, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Now, as LDP joined in 14 party alliance with BAL. Can wer have a fresh new poll with two (or three with jatiya Party) options??

I think joining with BAL will further backfire LDP. Some leaders might win through coalition but normal supporter may not like that. Its very difficult to support BAL for people who supported BNP for long time and now in LDP.
Bro not only for BNP supporters but it is hard to support BAL for sane people like me who have seen the bloody misrule in terms of terrible law and order situation, two faced leadership etc during BAL's tenure. BNP is bad as well but they dont go around making a fool of themselves and they are lesser of the evil when it comes to mastaani and violence. I thought LDP has made a political decision to join BAL's alliance thinkinig they would try to gain some mileage by associating themselves with a big party. I for one am very disaoopinted by this and if I could I would retract my support for LDP and go for independent candidates instead. We are still in need of a third party it seems and havent found the third alternative yet.
Old November 23, 2006, 01:11 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Our virtual election seems to be head on collision. BNP 13, BAL 13, LDP 14
Only God knows what will be the outcome

Old December 1, 2006, 02:58 AM
Cricket Legend

I think the poll needs to be flexible so people can change their votes up until election day. Other than die-hard supporters, most intelligent people (that is about 99% of BC members ) have the openness of thought to change minds. This poll assumes that we have already decided on our choices and therefore rigid. My request is to make the poll dynamic.

Btw, r/swing, very thought provoking pic.

Old December 6, 2006, 05:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

BNP or 4 Party Alliance Cadidates 1528.30%
BAL or 14 Party Alliance Cadidates 1528.30%
Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) 1528.30%

So if LDP wasnt there BNP and 4 party would have been leading poll by quite some distance?...what a big mistake BNP have made?....:P
Old December 6, 2006, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasifkhan
BNP or 4 Party Alliance Cadidates 1528.30%
BAL or 14 Party Alliance Cadidates 1528.30%
Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) 1528.30%

So if LDP wasnt there BNP and 4 party would have been leading poll by quite some distance?...what a big mistake BNP have made?....:P
No brother, the poll result is deceptive. Some of us voted for LDP considering that that was the third force we are rooting for. Unfortunately LDP is proving that they are no different than the others. Though I did not vote, if given choice those who voted for LDP would change their option and I believe all most all would voted for the bigger two. I mention two because I do not know who are the other two party in BNP-JI alliance and 13 parties in BAL alliance
Old December 6, 2006, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Actual result will be definitely different from this poll as the mendate of people living in Bangladesh is different from people living in BC or in foreign. There is no doubt about that. Moreover there might be some karchupi in the polling so be prepared for a surprise result.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 6, 2006, 11:18 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
so be prepared for a surprise result.
care to explain?