facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 4, 2018, 09:29 PM
Cricket Legend

any update?

Old October 4, 2018, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
any update?
Shakib has been discharged from hospital last I read , he will be having a surgery in three weeks time probably abroad after finishing with his antibiotics treatment and he will be out for eight weeks after that
Old October 5, 2018, 02:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I read this interview from the BCB medical doctor and it was pathetic. The guy has no clue about the condition of these injuries and kept saying we will consult with doctor overseas to determine what needs to be done. Areh Bhai if that is your level of skill then we don't need you but just a telephone operator to call UK and Australian doctors. Aishob faltu lokjon re poisha dia rakhar maaney ki. What if Shakib lost his hand due to this negligence?
Old October 5, 2018, 08:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The Blame is on the physio. When the swelling occurred in UAE, he should have known there was a possibility of having an infection and should have taken measure to diagnose it correctly. That is a grade school mistake. This could have been taken care of much earlier at UAE. The potential risk was much greater than we were informed.

Anyways, 3 months break should be good for him.
Old October 5, 2018, 08:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Shakib has been discharged from hospital last I read , he will be having a surgery in three weeks time probably abroad after finishing with his antibiotics treatment and he will be out for eight weeks after that
The problem with BD antibiotics is, most of the time one full dose doesn't cure the problem. He may need a second course. That would delay another 2 weeks.
Old October 5, 2018, 08:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

He won't really be missed considering we have Zimbabwe and West Indies coming up. In fact, I'm actually glad he won't be playing as we shouldn't really be relying on players like Tamim and Shakib to win games by now. We did very well without them at the Asia Cup, and almost won it against India. That's what impressed me the most about this side.

He deserves a break for a change. He did so much for the national side. But I do agree that the injury could've been managed a lot better. He shouldn't have been in the Asia Cup squad in the first place.
Old October 5, 2018, 11:59 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Shakib left for Australia to consult... Can't do his surgery because there is still a risk of infection.

But the worst part is, Shakib informed that his finger won't ever be healed fully again...

I feel really bad for him. I always thought of him as a selfish guy... But I am ashamed after hearing this. Basically lost a finger for the team..

https://youtu.be/hssd5Z5Y8OI
Old October 6, 2018, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

He was reaching his peak with the bat and that's all going to dissappear now, he'll only go down from now most likely, what a joke it was the he played Asia Cup
Old October 6, 2018, 04:48 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The problem with BD antibiotics is, most of the time one full dose doesn't cure the problem. He may need a second course. That would delay another 2 weeks.
As long as he fully heals he can take as much as he wants
Old October 6, 2018, 09:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The Blame is on the physio. When the swelling occurred in UAE, he should have known there was a possibility of having an infection and should have taken measure to diagnose it correctly. That is a grade school mistake. This could have been taken care of much earlier at UAE. The potential risk was much greater than we were informed.

Anyways, 3 months break should be good for him.
The problem is cricket's over-reliance on physios. A physio's job should just be to run onto the field with the magic spray and oversee the team's warmups (stretching, etc).

Medical advice should only be given by a licensed physician, and that too one with training in sports medicine and/or orthopedics.

But its true, any worsening of the injury should have raised alarm bells, and in hindsight it was not wise for Shakib to have played this series.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 6, 2018, 10:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Old October 6, 2018, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Medical advice should only be given by a licensed physician, and that too one with training in sports medicine and/or orthopedics.
physios are licensed doctors in sports medicine no?. Call it physio or team doctor or both, whoever it is - Shakib was cleared to play when he shouldn't have. It's their expertise. No one is asking him to diagnose cancer here. He should have the judgement to know what he doesn't know and seek immediate help instead of giving green light to play on.

I agree with Jadukor, that team doctor might actually be an idiot. I just read a newspaper article where he goes on length about shakib's problem and he says it's norm to play with "inflammation" but unfortunately shakib got infected. Clearly they attributed his increased symptoms to this "inflammation". How do I know there was increased symptoms? because they got an xray and sent it to australia to read. There are other imaging modality that can help you if you are not sure but that's a different story for a different setting but the team doc/physio should know when something does not look right.

He was deemed unfit when he couldn't hold the bat anymore due to pain - flew to dhaka - went to a hospital immediately and got 10 cc of pus out. LOL. Or is my time line off?

A lot of ppl are blaming BCB boss - i don't think he is to be blamed to be honest - he gave his opinion based on the info that he had which was shakibs surgery was not emergent and can be delayed.
Old October 6, 2018, 01:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Just getting abreast... no pun.

Who knew a niggle would result in this? Don't mean to wax poetics but this is I guess a metaphor of what lack of attention to detail can cost.

Just saw the news. All over. Shakib fears it will never be 100% ok. That's unfortunate. I wish him a speedy recovery, but knowing Shakib, I know he won't lose his magic.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 6, 2018, 03:05 PM
Street Cricketer

It's sad new .. hope he recover and back to the field soon

Bangladeshi fans are very emotional and want to win .. bcb is run by politicians .. and they will always go by public sentiment ... That's a real denger
Old October 6, 2018, 05:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
physios are licensed doctors in sports medicine no?.
Are physios physicians? I didn't think they were. Cuz BCB has Debashish Chowdhry as the team doctor. Then again knowing us, he's probably trained in obstetrics and working as our team's medical expert lol.

What is confusing to me is that his initial injury was way back in January and he hasn't had major issues till August (end of WI tour). So what exactly happened? Only thing I can think of is osteomyelitis and that is serious enough to require some serious multi-week antibiotic course.

They said they removed pus...that sounds like he must have had a new infection unrelated to the original injury which was 9 months prior. Unless what the media/Shakib reported as pus was actually serous fluid (they wouldn't know the difference).

Very confusing. Any human can miss a diagnosis, especially a spot diagnosis like this where you might not tap the fluid or do a C and S in the dressing room.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 6, 2018, 07:52 PM
Cricket Savant

I almost read it in House's voice.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 6, 2018, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Are physios physicians? I didn't think they were. Cuz BCB has Debashish Chowdhry as the team doctor. Then again knowing us, he's probably trained in obstetrics and working as our team's medical expert lol.

What is confusing to me is that his initial injury was way back in January and he hasn't had major issues till August (end of WI tour). So what exactly happened?

They said they removed pus...that sounds like he must have had a new infection unrelated to the original injury which was 9 months prior.
I don't know. I searched online, I guess physios aren't really doctors but there is a team doctor who determines if a player is fit to play. Whether it is physio or this team doctor I don't know or they collaborate but I think we should investigate the timeline because this doctor/physio is making poor judgement.

I thought it was obvious his initial injury and this infection/pus formation is unrelated event. What likely happened i think is that he might have gotten some sort of injection in that finger to alleviate pain, which ended up introducing the bacteria.

What alarms me is that he flew out after he was unable to grip bat, flew out to dhaka which is a 4 hours flight and got to a hospital where pus was extracted. He played the game day before. I mean it is possible all that perhaps happened after his last game but then i read articles where shakib says he has been like that for weeks or that they did xray, sent it to an Australian doc suggested a possibility of ?an infection.
Old October 8, 2018, 05:07 AM
Cricket Legend

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...opardy-1644025

Old October 8, 2018, 10:05 AM
Cricket Sage

According to the DS report, my diagnosis of osteo appears to be what the Aussie doc also found. BCB should just hire me, lol.

And sure enough the treatment is going to last weeks, as I had feared.

Even if he is physically fit, he wont be match fit in time for the WC. Terrible news.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 8, 2018, 11:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

At this point he should rather focus on getting back to fully healthy than trying to make the World Cup. We shouldn't try to end his career by trying to get him to play and focus on getting a new left arm spin all-rounder and try to groom them and give them some international experience, starting with the Zimbabwe tour.
Old October 8, 2018, 12:14 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

BCB needs to answer for this terrible mismanagement of our key player
Old October 8, 2018, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Not only can we groom players properly we end up almost destroying the career of our best ever player
Old October 8, 2018, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

That schedule to make the world cup time line looks real tight. If he goes for the surgery as planned, he might miss the WC. Other option is what we did for other tours after his initial injury. Play on with pain without surgery.
Old October 8, 2018, 01:04 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Very sad news. Papon just killed the goose that laid golden eggs.
Old October 8, 2018, 01:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Hmm ki ar kora. It shouldn’t have been this serious if he received proper medical attention from BCB.

And I don’t think physios are medical doctors. They have certifications but those guys that you see running in the field with magic sprays and other kits aren’t physicians. Their job is to keep the players fit with exercise regiment and train them in the gym.

But BCB has a full time physician and his name is debashish chowdhury I think