facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Shaqib be new captain
Shaqib Should be new captain 19 54.29%
Mushfiq should stay as captain 13 37.14%
Somebody else beside Mushfiq and Shaqib should be captain 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 20, 2014, 12:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think there was too much disagreement between players the first time around. It could happen again if Shakib is captain. But he is a much better strategist than Mushfiq.

Old March 21, 2014, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Shakib should be T20 captain only
Old March 21, 2014, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes he should. We don't have any other choice. But will he accept it? That is the main question.
Old March 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

been saying it for time now, I want Shakib back as captain for LOI'S.
Old March 21, 2014, 05:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

ash was the best captain but after him, its Mash, but if we have to pick anyone else, then its al awesome!or buddhi ase ebong o chalak...
Old March 21, 2014, 06:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Yes he should. We don't have any other choice. But will he accept it? That is the main question.
At least give him the option to decide first.
Old March 21, 2014, 06:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Sooner the better. Mushy wont learn just like his coach. This coach-captain combination is costing us game after game. Shane can be a man manager but he has no technical know how or gameplan capability. He will fail as a head coach no matter where he goes.
Old March 21, 2014, 07:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Time to get mushy out, shakib has always been the best option fir captaincy.
Old March 21, 2014, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Shakib should be captain. This is the prime time of his career and unfortunately nobody around him is performing, not even Tamim.

Provided that when Iceman got his title in WIndies, since then I had this notion that one day he would lead Bangladesh in World Cup like Imran or Ranatunga to win the title. But the problem is the time is yet to come. First of all the next WC is in AUS and we do not have any batsman or bowler yet to play with intent in such condition.

To lead a team to glory beside having a good leader you need effective role players and we lack currently in every department of it.

Around Imran there were Wasim, Inzamam, Mushtaq etc.
Around Ranatunga there were De Silva, Jayasurya, Vaas, Kaluwitharana etc.

Who is there around Shakib? Noone of that calibre. Only TI who is not performing really. So I will save his captaincy for some other WC, not the one in 2015.

I want him to be a skipper of a champion team where every 11 of them will have input for a result to cherish for years to come.
Old March 22, 2014, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Make Razzak captain. He is the senior most player, highest wicket taker and can play cameo type innings when team need it. Everyone will listen and respect him.

For vice captain, I'll propose Farhad Reza. He can't either bat nor bowl, the reason he is in the team because he got good cricketing brain. Captains need to discuss with such an infield genius before taking critical decisions.
Old March 22, 2014, 12:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

To me is looked like Shakib was running the show more than few occasion when we were fielding.

Do you like me to compile those clips to back my comment ?
Old March 22, 2014, 12:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
To me is looked like Shakib was running the show more than few occasion when we were fielding.

Do you like me to compile those clips to back my comment ?
I saw those. I wouldn't say running, but rather consulting or recommending things to Mushi. But it was Mushi's call at the end.
Old March 22, 2014, 12:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Well it looked more like ordering. Saying that he deserves that freedom.
Old March 22, 2014, 02:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Only thing i will say, yes sakib is uncompairable... Musy is perfect .. Beside those two i dont see any one. I saw how much musy care about bd , how much he meant when bd lose or win... So its a tuff call...
Old March 22, 2014, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Guys, can't believe no one noticed this. But if you look at the match again, Shakib was actively giving advice to Mushfique, and it looked as if he called the shots on handing FaltuReza the ball at the 18th over single-handedly. He was boisterous in that and looked convinced. Look at the threads before on his captaincy, he was only attacking in the beginning of his career. I would be reserved for now, doesn't show that he has not learnt but I doubt it would be too much different. Also, he is heading the batting, he is heading the bowling and also fielding in some ways as he is always close-in. How much of workload do you actually wannna put on this one man? I would be very careful.
Old March 22, 2014, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Very valid point @tanvir_nus. We expect him to bail us out with the bat, the ball, and now we want to put the weight of captaincy on his shoulders.

But one way in which Shakib edges Musfhiq is his man management. I see Shakib as a more aggressive type who will not be shy about expressing his feelings. I guess because of his individual ability he commands respect from others. Mushfiq vents his frustration and anger, but often to no avail.

I really feel both our coach, and captain need to be the tough type. To outsiders Dave Whatmore was a soft spoken gentleman. But anybody seeing him in training would have noticed how involved he was with everything and did so with authority. Very rigid, very meticulous, very detail oriented. You couldnt have your way around him.
Old March 22, 2014, 02:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Shakib likes to win more than anything else, and we've seen that no script or nepotism gets in his way. As captain, he always crowded and put pressure on a new batsman, or any batsman looking shaky. I've also seen him cut off singles to disrupt their rhythm. I don't know what actually transpired between him and Mushfiq during the HK Disaster and won't speculate.

His issues are in the dressing room and away from the pitch. I'm sure he's a bit more mature now, and is capable to harnessing his harshness into the more productive, tough-love approach we badly need, and unlike the current excuse for a captain, he can be critical of himself. Moreover, he actually worked hard during the suspension. Something he doesn't usually do even in camp.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 22, 2014 at 03:29 AM..
Old March 22, 2014, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Actually the harshness might be useful when dealing with guys like Razzak
Old March 22, 2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Actually the harshness might be useful when dealing with guys like Razzak
Razzak might be kicked out in day one if Shak becomes cap again!
Old March 22, 2014, 05:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

it's all about winning.
The moment the team starts losing whether it's Mushy or Sakib, we fans will say stuff like drop him.
I remember Sakib's days when people here were not happy with his captaincy, attitude etc.
What we need imo is fixing Mushy, senior players need to talk to him, Mushy is not that ghar tera or arrogant, he will listen,
The coach has a big role to play, Shane isn't doing much I feel like.
Look at how Donald is always walking around the ground giving jhari to his bowlers,
Siddons would have been good too,
Old March 22, 2014, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
it's all about winning.
The moment the team starts losing whether it's Mushy or Sakib, we fans will say stuff like drop him.
I remember Sakib's days when people here were not happy with his captaincy, attitude etc.
What we need imo is fixing Mushy, senior players need to talk to him, Mushy is not that ghar tera or arrogant, he will listen,
The coach has a big role to play, Shane isn't doing much I feel like.
Look at how Donald is always walking around the ground giving jhari to his bowlers,
Siddons would have been good too,
Yep I agree Simon Bhai I can clearly remember us complaining for shakib to be dropped as the captain when things weren't going well and especially remember hearing about his poor captaincy. So regardless of who we put as captain we will see this poor captaincy from them anyway so I don't necessarily see it as a solution cos before long we will be asking for Shakibs head when he becomes captain again after a few more new losses to associates
Old March 22, 2014, 12:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Positives of Mushfiq: Well educated, strong discipline sense, hardest worker in the team, always serious, excellent batting in terms of situation unlike other players in the team who slogs in test but can not rotate strike in ODI, also the most improved batsman, very vocal even talking against BCB/ICC, always talks in the field

Positives of Shakib: Very attacking, never say die attitude, best bowler for all three formats, consistent batting for ODI/T20, okay batting in test, understands the situation and knows what to do

Negatives of Mushfiq: Doesn't read situation well when bowling change, doesn't know which bowler can handle pressure, emotional

Negatives of Shakib: Not that educated for a national captain, does dirty politics, even Mashrafe was not spared during last world cup, creates two tier sytem with shakib/Tamim business class, bad-mouth, obsceneity, slogs during batting in test even being the most senior player

Choice: Some may think Shakib as T20 captain and Mushfiq for ODI/T20. For s small test playing nation, splitting captaincy has its own issue.
Old March 22, 2014, 12:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
Positives of Mushfiq: Well educated, strong discipline sense, hardest worker in the team, always serious, excellent batting in terms of situation unlike other players in the team who slogs in test but can not rotate strike in ODI, also the most improved batsman, very vocal even talking against BCB/ICC, always talks in the field

Positives of Shakib: Very attacking, never say die attitude, best bowler for all three formats, consistent batting for ODI/T20, okay batting in test, understands the situation and knows what to do

Negatives of Mushfiq: Doesn't read situation well when bowling change, doesn't know which bowler can handle pressure, emotional

Negatives of Shakib: Not that educated for a national captain, does dirty politics, even Mashrafe was not spared during last world cup, creates two tier sytem with shakib/Tamim business class, bad-mouth, obsceneity, slogs during batting in test even being the most senior player

Choice: Some may think Shakib as T20 captain and Mushfiq for ODI/T20. For s small test playing nation, splitting captaincy has its own issue.
what does education have to do with cricket? and what dirty politics did he do that harmed the general people of bangladesh? he didnt have anything to do with mashrafe not being there in wc. that was selector and coaches decision. lets not spread fake shyte about someone.
Old March 22, 2014, 12:44 PM
Club Cricketer

what does education have to do with cricket?
[For a cricket captain, why it is necessary? Ask other people, even your friends and family]
and what dirty politics did he do that harmed the general people of bangladesh?
[Read old bangla cricket threads when Shak was captain]
he didnt have anything to do with mashrafe not being there in wc. that was selector and coaches decision.
[Oh yeah? last world cup was not a distant memory, it was Jamie, Shakib/Tamim. Forgot india openning game, how shewaq smashed]
lets not spread fake shyte about someone.
[Did you forget his finger case in last world cup? How about the recent incident of showing..?
When he was captain, did u listen to the microphone how he used to call .....pola of his fellow cricket?
]
Old March 22, 2014, 01:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
what does education have to do with cricket?
[For a cricket captain, why it is necessary? Ask other people, even your friends and family]
and what dirty politics did he do that harmed the general people of bangladesh?
[Read old bangla cricket threads when Shak was captain]
he didnt have anything to do with mashrafe not being there in wc. that was selector and coaches decision.
[Oh yeah? last world cup was not a distant memory, it was Jamie, Shakib/Tamim. Forgot india openning game, how shewaq smashed]
lets not spread fake shyte about someone.
[Did you forget his finger case in last world cup? How about the recent incident of showing..?
When he was captain, did u listen to the microphone how he used to call .....pola of his fellow cricket?
]
how can you say shewag wouldnt have smashed us if mash was here? and no matter what shakib does, he's the best we got. he's way ahead of any one else in this team. and shakib also knows that this team is full of chagols. permonace sudhu shakib kore..onnora gash khai