facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 6, 2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Thanks auntu and nadim.

Old November 6, 2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
buzlam na...

so at the very end when the grand-daughter Jess is predicted or expected to come back and say "one day i used to live here with my parents..." is that an allusion to Jenny saying the same thing when she first met Jamal?

i.e is this one of those repeat stories, like was Jenny's parents victims of the same tragedy as Sonya and Wendell??
No, these are not repeat stories. We do not know where is Jenny's root in this abridged story, because Jenny had been living in Belington for few years but we know where is Jess's root - people generally tend to go back to their root at least for a visit, to find what it is.
Old November 6, 2010, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I never thought this thread would get this many replies. Maybe it's time to read the first post? yeah right :p
Old November 7, 2010, 05:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
You mean proof read...my apologies....that's a good suggestion, I badly need at least one proof reader. even I tried to get my son's teacher to proof read for me, no time, writer's eyes cannot catch all the typos to increase readablity. I tried my best.

Well, this time I will let it go and next time I will get someone to proof read to remove the typos before I post here.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Proof reading and the editing process is always the most difficult part. I do it as I have to. I type badly and with two fingers. Frequently, I miss out words when typing. Diction and syntax is just not the same when typing probably because I grew up writing longhand and subsequently, transferring it to text. However, difficult a process it is, you simply have to proof-read.

You might find sites like urbis.com useful as the critique facility from peers and in many cases free proof reading service offered by users can be invaluable. I used the site extensively a few years ago. Somehow, what I checked the site before responding to your post, it wasn't showing up. Perhaps it is down?

I can't read on the screen so would have to print out your story for a read during the week.
Old November 7, 2010, 09:48 AM
Banned

Puck, thanks for you suggestion.
I have already given up the thought of proof readingk, now I am going for it. Just give me few days.

Last edited by FagunerAgun; November 21, 2010 at 12:11 PM..