facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 10, 2007, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
What about live matches Spitty? Oh sorry, my bad. ICC is owned by India too...so ONLY the Indian matches during warmup matches were played at the venues that have possibility of broadcasting these matches live?
It's not only ICC either. If the TV companies didn't want to broadcast India's practice matches, ICC couldn't do anything to ensure live broadcast.

India is the biggest market for cricket. You or I can't do anything about it.

Old March 10, 2007, 04:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Now thats EENDIAN Influence ... one got in and we are fighting among ourselves .... tsk tsk tsk ....

Quote:
i'm guessing he retaliated in his second post after sadi, shahriyar, and zakir pretty much mocked the guy out of here. very very nice of us.

আমি আবার কি করলাম????????????

Quote:
thats part of my damn lingo man.
আপনি কি পুরনো ঢাকার লোক??

Just kidding Shovon ... don't wanna start a fight now ....
Old March 10, 2007, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
They don't have any DUTY towards other teams to give equal coverage.
Newsflash ! Yes they do, specially if they claim to be the official sites for other countries.

Quote:
All sports sections of national dailies give their team more importance than other teams.
Yet another newsflash ! CI is not, does not claim to be a "national" site. They are just playing straighforward bigots here.

Quote:
If someone hates their site so much, he just shouldn't go there.
Someone has every right to do whatever someone' damn well pleases to do. Someone else should not try to guide the activities of the aforementioned someone.

Old March 10, 2007, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

how are we better when we call india eendia?
Old March 10, 2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
jeez.

i expressed my opinion on the matter, and i'll continue to do so. thanks for the half assed explanation.
i'm guessing he retaliated in his second post after sadi, shahriyar, and zakir pretty much mocked the guy out of here. very very nice of us.

how is it crossing the line? thats part of my damn lingo man. if someone curses at you, it doesn't mean they're putting you down. they might just be talking to you.
শোভন, you certainly are not justifying your name.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 10, 2007, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's not only ICC either. If the TV companies didn't want to broadcast India's practice matches, ICC couldn't do anything to ensure live broadcast.
I have to contradict your ad-hoc speaking on behalf of ICC. Yes, ICC could. If you have kept up with the ICC mood since Percy has taken over, he made it clear that he won't be arm-twisted by India. This is one reason India is pushing to grab the top ICC post now. After all, Australia, England and New Zealand won't back down, if they feel pressured by India.

Quote:
India is the biggest market for cricket. You or I can't do anything about it.
A very generalized statement. Sorry to say, but, I believe we can. The Champion's trophy in india was such a pooper of a tournament. No audience, glued-together pitches. A shame. You see, indian promise often fail to materialize in numbers. It goes with the whole nature of the country. Indian middle class will not materialize with the "buying power" they have been predicting in the next decade. Now, add that to a boring fact that India will be playing cricket with Australia mostly (already the insane schedule is on the cards), it is time to bring in a different phase of media coverage that will sideline this type of farce.

A good example: The day we played NZ in the warmups, eendia played Netherlands. It does not take a genius to figure out the comperative entertainment value of these two matches. Now, imagine if we had sold OUR match rights to different media company. They would have made good money selling this one. That is how it all starts. Once you start throwing too much of your weight around, you kill the important thing that matters.

Its not about the other nations, its not about cricket.. It's all about eendia.. if you ask me, that curry stinks. India is in the process of killing the entertainment value of cricket with the rupiyah..
Old March 10, 2007, 07:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bhai liveman-er last post-e ki liksilo janar khub ichha, jodi keu ekta mess dia sarmormo ta bolten to khub khushi hotam. dhonnobad.
Old March 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Its not about the other nations, its not about cricket.. It's all about eendia.. if you ask me, that ... stinks. India is in the process of killing the entertainment value of cricket with the rupiyah..
This part I agree with. Look at the immense media hoopla surrounding the Superbowl (NFL championship game in US) - do the rest of the world care? No! If the Indian cricket board keeps pushing its money-grubbing agenda in such a short-sighted manner - unabated by fight back from the likes of us - then indeed cricket will die a slow death.
Old March 10, 2007, 07:38 PM
BC Editorial Team

BTW - this thread has definitely taken on a non WC tone and belongs more in FC. Moved it to FC

Mod.
Old March 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by maihu_don
He must have seen some of the post on this forum ..... DO you know where in eendia ..
So it hurts to take your own madicine donesn't it? you guys do that all over the media and we just did it in some threads that started to hurt you? so think how much it hurts when your main media does it to us. so don't come to our house tell us what to do. we will tell our guest when they r wrong... if you get my point as i know you will continue to do what you r doing...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 11, 2007, 05:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

LOL!!

Two of our favourite time pass..
Bash India
Bash Cricinfo...

and we always manage to link them both together...its just the icing in the cake....
EEEndia ar cricifo're ek shathe dholai na korte parle kono moja nai...

Keep it up guys...at least till the games begin on the 14th...
we need something to kill our time.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 11, 2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maihu_don
He must have seen some of the post on this forum ..... DO you know where in eendia ..
From another thread: Please read it, kindly!

Dhik!! Anandabazar Patrika

Our Western Counterparts probably still believes in Anglo Shanskreet theory

Its there everlasting policy to alter our names (both in verbal and written format)

The leader is their leading newspaper - doctoring our names

Like (Mosharoff) Mashrafee, Tamin (Tamim), Rozzak (Razzak) etc al

Even Prothom-alo noticed that in yesterdays newspaper

We better give Anandabazar - a big

Side note: It's like Israel and Palestain!...Israel has all the right to use machineguns...Palestain shouldn't throw stones as a counter attack.....
Old March 11, 2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
It's an English/Indian owned site, so it's not unusual to see England and India getting more coverage. They don't have any DUTY towards other teams to give equal coverage. All sports sections of national dailies give their team more importance than other teams.

If someone hates their site so much, he just shouldn't go there.
It reminds me one of my school teacher who was teaching us kibhabey oju bhongo hoy...moyla nerley, bathroom-a geley ettadi ettadi...
Then a student ask him what if someone was going to mosque and pothey kada porlo?!!
the reply was...tui kaday jabi ken?...ahammok.