facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 20, 2007, 03:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

[QUOTE=Mahmood;374368]I am not so worm about the name Nagorik Shokti. The word Nagorik, even though it literally means citizen, tends to imply city residents. Nogor to Nagorik. Nagorik Jibon means city life. When I hear the name Nagorik Shokti, the meaning comes to my mind is, shohor bashir oikko.[/QUO

Right

Old February 20, 2007, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
This detail is very interesting...
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/02/19/d7021901044.htm
"If locals want to see good people elected, they will have to spend their own money," he added.
This a big hole. Corrupt persons can suddenly use people to spread money and buy the persons.

I am not going to vote Yunus, personally.
Old February 20, 2007, 09:47 AM
Test Cricketer

OPINION

Of Dr Yunus in politics and raised eyebrows

Shahnoor Wahid

20-Feb-07

A GOOD number of bushy eyebrows are permanently arched upward at the moment. Those are the eyebrows of some learned people who are totally at a loss since Dr Yunus let the world know about his intentions about joining politics.
These crestfallen eminent citizens after finding their wits and voice have begun to send well-meaning words of extreme caution to Nobel Laureate Dr Yunus. They put forward their conjecture that he would simply get soiled in the filth of politics and thereby tarnish his good image.

The intents are good and upfront. But by saying so the learned citizens are unwittingly admitting the fact that what has been happening in the country in the name of politics is slinging of lot of filth around. They believe that politics is but a realm where corrupt people grab power and loot the public coffers without shame or qualm. And that is why they do not want Dr Yunus to fall into that garbage pit.

What does that mean? Does that mean the political stable should remain uncleaned so that parasites can keep multiplying? Does that mean no one should try to come forward, clean the filth and open the vents so that fresh air can come in? Does that mean, telling Yunus, you have made it so why bother to dirty your hands? No, someone has to stand up and say point blank, enough is enough, it's time to bring about changes, it's time to set certain things in their correct perspective, it's time to rescue democracy from the unholy grip of thugs and looters. It's time to crush the parasites once and for all.

And who else is there at the moment but Dr Yunus to show the courage and stand up tall?

Dr Yunus is no magician, neither he has a magic bullet to right the wrongs overnight. He is aware of his ability as well as limitations. But one has to acknowledge that first and foremost he is a visionary and a doer. He dares to dream and then dares to take steps to implement his dreams. Grameen Bank was not built in a day. He had to work hard for over twenty years.

How many of us have that tenacity? Most of us even do not dare to dream! We remain happy with the crumbs offered by the corrupt governments of the day and retreat to our bedrooms to live happily ever after. That's why we are afraid to see any disruption in the system where crumbs are found in abundance. We prefer the status quo situation.

Going back to Grameen Bank it may be said that his critics wanted to see him do miracles with his micro-credit theory. They spend valuable hours and money to tell us how many of the poor people have been benefited and how many have not by borrowing money from his bank. But the question remains: How old is micro-credit in Bangladesh? And how perennial is poverty in Bangladesh? Can a thousand year old systemic socio-economic ill be cured in twenty plus years? Then how do the learned scholars expect micro-credit to remove poverty in such a short time? By some acts of miracle? But in hard reality there is no room for miracles.

Micro-credit is the modern day cousin of dadon (money lenders) of the olden days that provided working capital for the rural poor. Fishermen, small farmers, fishing net makers, small tools makers, seasonal vegetable growers all benefited from borrowing working capital from the rural moneylenders. They made profit by investing the money and returned the capital along with the accrued interest to the lenders within the stipulated time. This system has been going on since the need for working capital became a necessity.

Now coming back to Dr Yunus and his politics. No one expects him and his newly formed party to enjoy a landslide victory in the upcoming election or maybe in the one to be held five years after.
What will happen then? Will he be obliterated from the realm of politics? No. His political party having the full support of a large chunk of the saner section in society will act as a very powerful pressure group. This pressure group will keep the government of the day on its toes and take it on a roller coaster ride if it does something unconstitutional or something against the will of the people.

Come to think of it, the new political party, sitting in the opposition bench in parliament and keeping a vigil on the doings of the treasury bench.

Also, don't forget that the judiciary will not be there anymore at the beck and call of the political parties and their corrupt leaders. No judge will ever stop any hearing of a case that concerns serious political matters or allow bail to a murderer on political consideration. And no more government officials will go to Uttara at night to wine and dine with some petty politician. Because, by that time they will have their self-respect back. There will be no such thing as a partisan government official in the country. By that time no police official will be used by an MP or ward commissioner or son of an MP to throw opponents in prison.

Sounds idealistic? Sounds utopian? Well, just have the courage to change your mindset and you will see it sounds plausible and doable. What we need to have is the right amount of courage to think that it can be made possible.
And it will be possible once the entire canvas is wiped clean and new and bright colour is applied on it to paint the picture of a positive Bangladesh. We must have a vision and a larger than life leader to implement it. There is an acute crisis of courageous leaders in the country at the moment. We have one in the personality of Dr. Yunus, so let us give him a chance. Let us dare to dream. Let him dare to implement our dream.The Daily Star/Asia News Network
http://www.bruneitimes.com.bn/detail...shape_ID=21386

Old February 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I will pledge my full support only after viewing the list of nomination. Any current BNP-AL leaders name there would be a hard sell to me.

Then again my alternative choice is even worse. I may refrain from everything.
Old February 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I will pledge my full support only after viewing the list of nomination. Any current BNP-AL leaders name there would be a hard sell to me.

Then again my alternative choice is even worse. I may refrain from everything.
yeah. it's like i'm taking an interest in bangladeshi politics for the first time in my life - not because i'm convinced that Yunus will turn out to be the hero we've always been waiting for, but because finally, there's a scope for a change.

i guess my support will depend a lot on the campaign and the names of the nominees.
Old February 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Here we go! Our Hasina Khalamma druto Election chai!

Dhaka, Feb 20 (bdnews24.com) - Awami League chief Sheikh Hasina Tuesday said people would not accept a government beyond constitutional legitimacy.

"People will never accept an extra-constitutional government," Hasina told a discussion to mark International Mother Language Day in the city's Engineers' Institution auditorium. "People in the past did not accept such a government."

Hasina demanded the interim government holds the ninth parliamentary election without identity cards for voters. Her logic is, there is no justified reason to delay the next elections in the name of preparing ID cards for voters, as it may take a long time.

Hasina favoured only an electoral roll with photographs for the new elections.

But preparing the identity cards was one of the major demands by the Hasina-led political alliance, which waged a string of violent street protests after Prime Minister Khaleda Zia stepped down with the expiry of her five-year term in October.

Hasina's clear stand is that she wants the new election in the quickest possible time.

"Preparing identity cards was our demand. But now we think, we don't need it. It can be done later," Hasina said.

She also says no to any national ID card scheme.

"A new business in the name of preparing national identity cards has started," she said.

"People want an election. They want to exercise their voting rights.

"The Election Commission has been recast, now we want elections."

Hasina also demanded freedom of "innocent party activists" who were detained under the emergency powers.
BDNews24>>

Old February 20, 2007, 11:23 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I know where you guys are coming from, but honestly, the alternatives of Yunus are so scary that I'll take him does not matter what.

About the news above, apparently hasina is scared and does not want to give Yunus a chance to arrange up things. That b1t(h does not have a word named shame in her dictionary. How much chaos she has created in the country because she waned voter ID card, and now she thinks she can do without it. a pure b@st@r|)
Old February 20, 2007, 11:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Does Hasina have no counsil? Even BAL activist would be baffled with these type of comments. Can't she not just shutup???

She must be saying to herself:
"Kon dukkhey jey gondogol shuru korsilam. Er thekey BNP bhalo silo. Ekhon dekhi Yunus mia notun udoi hoisay. BNP thakley eita hoito na."
Old February 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Hasina has a switch to turn the election on and off anytime she wants to. She is the razkumari you know. Oooops things are quite not going the way she wanted too. Oh well life is unpredictable. It is going to build character for her.

How did the corrupt voter list got corrected so fast? Isn't it the hole purpose of her andolon? isn't it the reason 34 family has lost their son and father?
Old February 20, 2007, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmudul.alam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
I am not so worm about the name Nagorik Shokti. The word Nagorik, even though it literally means citizen, tends to imply city residents. Nogor to Nagorik. Nagorik Jibon means city life. When I hear the name Nagorik Shokti, the meaning comes to my mind is, shohor bashir oikko.
Right
Wrong. You did not read my post.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 20, 2007, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I think the first and foremost step needed to bring a change in bangladesh politics is to burn Hasina alive in public. BNP's position is weakest at the moment but you dont see them making sweeping comments or changin their stance every day. Just because the interim government is doing good and her chances of coming back to power seems bleak the [ ]started shouting garbage. I dont think I have seen any bigger hypocrite in my life.

This just goes to show that the so called "andolon" was only for coming back to power not for the fake voter list or letting people exercise their voting rights. I knew it all along but this is just a slap in the face of those who thought the masacre was justified. HOw can the voter list be ok now if it was not alright before !!! Just reconstitution of the EC is not enough to hold a free and fair election. That is just the first step.

Last edited by reverse_swing; February 20, 2007 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: mod.edit: Calm down:) We all know about that! No need to mention.
Old February 20, 2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I know where you guys are coming from, but honestly, the alternatives of Yunus are so scary that I'll take him does not matter what.

About the news above, apparently hasina is scared and does not want to give Yunus a chance to arrange up things. That b1t(h does not have a word named shame in her dictionary. How much chaos she has created in the country because she waned voter ID card, and now she thinks she can do without it. a pure b@st@r|)
I have been hearing from people that call her "apa" for years now, that Dr Younus was joining BAL. They tried very hard to bring him to BAL. Specially one awami leader has been a close friend of Dr. Younus. He tried the hardest. The frustration now surfaces.

Also, Rubu: I don't think it will be hard to find the 300 honest candidates. I believe there are three thousand honest people that have been sidelined by dirty politics. It is an unique opportunity for them to join in now.
Old February 20, 2007, 01:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
A very good news. A New leader, a new hope and perhaps a new Bangladesh!

Hmmm, what happened to the one that a I am a citizen of? I remember we had a muktijoddoh to liberate it in 1971.......so many memories.....
Old February 20, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Lets start a close up1 style program to find 300 political candidates. We need the media, reporters and other social organizations to step up in cross examining all the good and bad data about this year candidates.
Old February 20, 2007, 01:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Wrong. You did not read my post.

Well, if you translate nagorik to english as citizen, then Webster's dictionary says the word citizen has 3 meanings "1) a native or inhabitant of a town or city,hence 2)loosely, a native, inhabitant of any place, 3) a member of a state or a nation.

So Nagorik Shokti meaning power of the city folks is not too inaccurate. I think it's indicative of his new source of power that is the (upper) middle class, educated city folks.

Last week, Shaikh Shiraz was visiting a village in Tangail where he asked the villagers about Dr. Yunus and his interest in politics. The majority of the people never heard of Yunus or Noble prize....But majority of those who knew him from newspapers and TV also of the opinion that he should not join politics. They had the argument that if by joining politics, if he ruins grammen bank, that's not good for the country or anybody.

Anyway, this is just one evidence that it is the city folks who wants him in politics.....His naming is so appropriate!
Old February 20, 2007, 01:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
I have been hearing from people that call her "apa" for years now.

I heard it is 'Behuda Apa'. I am not sure!
Old February 20, 2007, 02:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Also, Rubu: I don't think it will be hard to find the 300 honest candidates. I believe there are three thousand honest people that have been sidelined by dirty politics. It is an unique opportunity for them to join in now.
Billah Bhai, if you have thought that I said it will be hard to find 300 honest candidates because there is not 300 honest people, you got me wrong.

The problem is, BD politics has gone to a level that honest and educated people has turned 180 degree away from it. Will he be able to find 300 people who are honest, eligible and willing to risk so much? You know what risk I'm talking about. Dishonest politicians will do anything to keep them away, be it killing.
Old February 20, 2007, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible
Well, if you translate nagorik to english as citizen, then Webster's dictionary says the word citizen has 3 meanings "1) a native or inhabitant of a town or city,hence 2)loosely, a native, inhabitant of any place, 3) a member of a state or a nation.

So Nagorik Shokti meaning power of the city folks is not too inaccurate. I think it's indicative of his new source of power that is the (upper) middle class, educated city folks.

Last week, Shaikh Shiraz was visiting a village in Tangail where he asked the villagers about Dr. Yunus and his interest in politics. The majority of the people never heard of Yunus or Noble prize....But majority of those who knew him from newspapers and TV also of the opinion that he should not join politics. They had the argument that if by joining politics, if he ruins grammen bank, that's not good for the country or anybody.

Anyway, this is just one evidence that it is the city folks who wants him in politics.....His naming is so appropriate!
But I believe Dr Yunus considered number 2 and 3. Not the number 1 meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible
Hmmm, what happened to the one that a I am a citizen of? I remember we had a muktijoddoh to liberate it in 1971.......so many memories.....
I was having a bad and long dream since I was borne my friend, so sad. I can't remember anything, it was such a bad dream.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 21, 2007, 12:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Hasina get warning from US ambassador

Editorial Page

Would they were turned into reality!
By Shahid Alam
Tue, 20 Feb 2007, 11:03:00

Email this article
Printer friendly page
Access News Photos
As the nation keeps marking time before moving on, hopefully towards the strengthening of the process of liberal pluralist democracy, which has been severely buffeted by abysmal political culture over the last ten years or so, several developments offer both a hope for a brighter political future, and a fear that it could all be an alluring promise only flattering to deceive. And, no, that does not include Dr. Yunus' purported plan for entering the political arena, after having only a few short weeks previously declared that he had no intention of delving in politics, and then characterizing all politicians being in their field of choice just for aggrandizing themselves. His potential (as of this writing) entry would very likely be a disaster for the country's political culture, not to say its system, and it might, as several suspect, even have all-round sinister motives, and that aspect will be taken up later on in this write-up.

The two principal points of discussion here will be US Ambassador to Bangladesh Patricia Butenis' comment that the people want extensive reforms and overhaul within the political parties, and the caretaker government's foreign affairs advisor's statement that Bangladesh's destiny will be decided upon by its people, not by foreign dictate. It is not too difficult to comprehend why both the feelings of hope and skepticism would be aroused over the two points. To take the case of the American envoy, she, needless to say, is absolutely correct. Whether the people across the board want it or not, and one suspects that many could not be bothered to even think along those lines, there can be little equivocation that the major political parties, BNP and Awami League (AL), need major reforms within their respective systems.

The practice of democracy in this nation must begin, like charity, at home, meaning within the parties themselves, and Butenis' advice, reiterated to the press following her meeting with AL president Sheikh Hasina, that the political parties could initiate democratic reforms on their own in accordance with the wishes of the people (or, more appropriately, for the sake of establishing the spirit and norms of liberal pluralist democracy), is, or should be, a self-evident truism. Any monolithic party ruled with an iron hand from the top will almost certainly be reflected at the national level of governance should that organization gain state power.

If the elaborate party caucuses and conventions of the United States and Great Britain cannot be replicated in their detail in Bangladesh, at least election to various party posts and the weeding out of undesirables (meaning established crooks, anti-socials, and self-seeking opportunists) can easily be made a part of party operations. Then the subsequent and inevitable ascendancy of venal elements once the party is in state power will have been forestalled at an early stage.

While Butenis stated the obvious, it remains to be seen if the parties translate it into practice. After all, AL, following the meeting with the American ambassador, did say that it agreed in principle to having internal reforms, that all the parties will engage in that activity for their own necessity. But, saying is one thing, doing it is another, and here doubts creep in about the parties' sincerity in this direction. While being holier-than-thou in accepting Butenis' suggestion, it also stated in the same breath that it was not desirable, as the caretaker government was doing, that a balancing act was instituted to offset the detention of three BNP persons by arresting three AL functionaries in the ongoing drive against corrupt elements.

AL was surely talking through its hat, because many believe that, compared to the commonly perceived allegations about the number of AL functionaries who had engaged in massive corrupt practices during its tenure in power from 1996 to 2001, it has so far gotten off relatively lightly, and that it has been on the lenient end of its so-called balancing act.

AL cannot pretend that it is a corruption-free organization (when past experience suggests otherwise, and very emphatically so) and expect people to believe that it will, in fact, clean house and institute the necessary reforms to make it a healthy political organization that actually believes in liberal pluralist democracy. So, the proof of the pudding will have to be in the eating, and, until solid irrevocable proof is provided that AL (and any other major party) has changed its spots and is on the road to intra-party democracy, and having righteous office-bearers and potential cabinet members, all the holy pronouncements about undertaking internal reforms will be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Meanwhile, the caretaker government should continue to robustly force the necessary reforms necessary on the political parties (as well as on the bureaucracy and other governmental and non-governmental bodies) to cleanse them and, in the process, the country's body politic of undesirable elements. In this regard, care needs to be taken that not just the two major parties are selectively targeted. The rot is widespread and has many sources.

To take the advisor for foreign affairs' declaration regarding foreign governments being able to show interest in this country, but not being able to interfere in its internal workings. This point has been an irksome development for self-respecting Bangladeshis for long, especially as envoys from certain countries (with the Scandinavians being the biggest culprits) have been showing an inordinate desire to engage in social, political, and economic engineering in this country to suit their own interests (forget their sanctimonious offering that they have Bangladesh's welfare in their hearts, first and foremost). Weak political institutions, weaker political leaders, insidious civil society members, a section of the media, and narrow individual and group interests at the expense of national concerns have contributed in a big way to the brazen attitude of the diplomats who, by and large, are not in the top bracket of their respective country's diplomatic service, and might well feel compelled to prove their prowess by engaging in undiplomatic activities to camouflage what they lack in top grade diplomatic acumen. That symbiotic relationship needs to be broken and, until the caretaker administration and the subsequent elected governments can prove otherwise, the advisor's statement will remain one that is subject to intense scrutiny.

As important as, probably more so than, the imperative of instituting intra-party reforms, and the relative non-interference (since absolute abstention cannot be possible for cogent reasons) of foreign diplomats in this country's internal political, social, and economic affairs, is the necessity of stopping at any cost any insidious plan of coming to state power through the back door, unless the polity governing Bangladesh happens to be something other than liberal pluralist democracy (with the necessary modifications and limits, and all). In this context, there is a knowledgeable school of thought which believes that Yunus' timing of making his political intentions known was not at all coincidental and, worryingly, has been motivated for reasons other than the country's political and economic well-being. Quite simply, several people think that he is a front man for a variety of international interests and their local camp-followers, and having him at the helm of government would facilitate their combined agenda, and democratic institution-building and the country's potential for development would be placed on the back-burner.

There is nothing wrong in Yunus forming a political party and contesting in elections, but if only things were that simple! Little wonder, then, that both BNP and AL have taken a rather alarming view of that particular development, and have justifiably condemned Yunus' sweeping statement about the politicians. At least he has shown himself to be in possession of the attributes of a devious politician himself! The point is that a clean political culture and a vibrant democracy have to be achieved by the mainstream political parties with substantial followings. Their reform is needed and welcome, but the agenda-carrying newcomers fronting foreign interests are not. Bangladesh cannot afford a fresh wave of self-seekers publicly sporting an otherwise holier-than-thou face.

© Copyright 2003 by The New Nation
http://nation.ittefaq.com/artman/pub...le_34169.shtml

Note the tone of our journalist discouraging fresh new people to politics. They are all in it with the politicians. These newspapers are also part of the propaganda machine of evil politicians who want to make politics their familiy business.

It is our country, not zia's and Mujeeb's country. We want honest qualified people in politics. If Al and BNP can reform themself then it is good otherwise we need new people in politics. GO Nagarik Shakti!!!!

Last edited by shujan; February 21, 2007 at 12:26 AM..
Old May 3, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Default Breaking news

Quote:
Dr. Yunus retreats from Political battlefield

Dhaka, May 3 (bdnews24.com) -- Prof Muhammad Yunus Thursday announced that he would stop "fashioning a political party".

In an attempt to justify his decision to pull back from politics, Prof Yunus said he realised that he failed to form a team, which would steer his aim of building a prosperous country.

"I thought I would make a team once the ban on politics is lifted. I did not succeed. I won't succeed to do so in future either," he said.

In a third open letter, the Nobel laureate said it was high time for the nation to "change gear" on its economic and political journey forward.

He said he had decided to join politics thanks to a huge positive response he received from people.

The microcredit guru said the promulgation of a state of emergency and formation of a new caretaker government in January opened up tremendous optimism and avenues for new prospect in the political arena.

bdnews24.com/ask/eh/ad/1841 hours
source: bdnews24.com
Old May 3, 2007, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

hehe Nagorik shokti never had the shokti it needed. Anyway Dr. Yunus should try to serve the nation by making sure that Grameen actually helps the poor and the economy.
Old May 3, 2007, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

It's never too difficult to differentiate between a crook politician who puts his political career before the interest of people and a genuinely honest politician who seconds himself after the people. I am not just refering to Hasina/Khaleda but to politicians worldwide, about 97%. They may not be necessarily corrupt but they aren't very person either.
Old May 3, 2007, 11:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

I am upset.... all the attempts of making a corruption free modern state are fading… last week hasina/Khaleda managed to stay in country and now this Dr. Yunus attempt fell apart…seems like we are destined towards another Hasina/Khaleda reign.

GOD knows when we will truly progress.
Old May 3, 2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

1. Hasina is not in the country and it doesn't look like she wants to come back as she nows she will swap living in a mansion with living in a prison cell.

2. Khaleda is in the country but she is not able to do anything. Recently some major economic deals were made and no bribery money had to be paid to her or any crook or thief in the BNP.

3. It is said that the plan to exile both Hasina and Khalida was suggested by senior leaders in the AL and BNP. With time these leaders will get braver and eventually either take control of the BNP or the AL. (The new vice-president of the BNP is Khaleda's brother, which suggests that the army will use this to make the BNP change as this man has military connections....before everyone gets emotional remember he has military connections but that doesn't mean our government haven't imprisoned his nephew).

Khalida and Hasina are powerless.
Old May 3, 2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Dr Yunus could restart his political campaign if he so wishes to at a later point. There are a minimum of 18 months until the elections, plenty of time for him to start up a party and gain many votes if he think that is a good idea.