facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 8, 2019, 10:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Andrew Yang had the guts to show up to Ben's Sunday special. This is why he is the only dem candidate I respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DHuRTvzMFw

I cannot imagine any other dems to come on and defend their policies and politics against Ben. That includes the commie loon. LOL. Can you imagine the carnage if loon showed up?
Shapiro is too low down the totem pole for Dem candidates. This is a Presidential race, not the mayoral race of Agoura Hills or Boca Raton.

Sanders doesn't need to go toe to toe with a guy who got manhandled by Cenk Uygur not so long ago.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old April 8, 2019, 10:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Beto O'Rourke: Netanyahu is 'racist,' doesn't represent 'true will of the Israeli people'

Former Texas Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke offered sweeping criticism of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday, outright calling him "racist" and an obstacle to peace.

Speaking in Iowa as he campaigns for the Democratic nomination for president, O'Rourke said the US-Israeli relationship was among the most important "on the planet" and singled out Netanyahu.

"That relationship, if it is to be successful, must transcend partisanship in the United States, and it must be able to transcend a prime minister who is racist, as he warns about Arabs coming to the polls, who wants to defy any prospect for peace as he threatens to annex the West Bank, and who has sided with a far-right, racist party in order to maintain his hold on power," O'Rourke said.
Old April 8, 2019, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Barack Obama refers to himself a record-breaking 392 times in Berlin speech

WashingtonExaminer is a conservative outlet but it correctly pointed out Obama's narcissism.

Quote:
“You know, I was — I was a pretty busy guy. I’ve got to say. But I worked out every morning. I mean, I was pretty religious about it. I was in the gym,” were just a handful of the 392 references to himself by Obama in the speech according to Grabien News.
Quote:
"One of the challenges that I had when I was a young organizer was I wanted change now and I wanted 100 percent of what I wanted and then I suddenly confront some politician," said Obama, successfully using the word “I” six times in one sentence.
BTW, Guardian called out Obama's BS incrementalism:

Barack Obama is stuck in the past. He represents the old Democratic party

Quote:
But the real problem the Democrats faced in 2016 wasn’t that they were too strident in putting forward a purist progressive vision. Rather, Clinton ran a campaign mostly about shielding Americans from the nightmare of Trumpism and not presenting dreams for the future. When people say they have been falling behind for the last 30 years and your retort is: “I can fix that, I’m experienced, I’ve been in politics for 30 years,” you might end up losing an election.

This primary, Sanders and Warren are actually giving people a positive, comprehensible agenda to vote for, one that can speak to the justified rage of so many who are not willing to settle for a world destroyed by climate change, another year without basic healthcare, or continued precarious employment feel. For Obama, “We have to be careful in balancing big dreams and bold ideas with also recognizing that typically change happens in steps.” But incrementalism during the Obama years was small steps to nowhere, ones that far from cementing a new progressive majority actually helped open the door to the populist right.
Quote:
Like those who think “Uncle Joe” Biden is our only way to stop Trump, Obama is stuck in the past. The Democratic party has been transformed. Formerly fringe ideas are now winning ones. Obama and the centrist Democrats he backs are something like the old “Rockefeller Republicans” of the 70s and early 80s. They didn’t realize how out of step with the times they were until it was too late.

Like Reagan did in 1980, the stage is set for Bernie Sanders to fundamentally realign the Democratic party, wielding together a coalition that can unite working people across the country behind a social democratic agenda for jobs and justice. Barack Obama isn’t afraid of that kind of Democratic party losing to Trump. He’s afraid of it winning.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old April 8, 2019, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Hair Sniffer Gropin' Joe Biden finally discovered his winning strategy:

Quote:
Speaking to reporters on Friday, Biden referred to himself as an “Obama-Biden Democrat and, man, I’m proud of it.”

He added that “the vast majority of members of the Democratic Party are still basically liberal to moderate Democrats in the traditional sense.”
Quote:
“I think this is his clearest pitch so far,” said Julian Zelizer a professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University.

The Obama-Biden label is “an effort to say that his coalition includes moderates and progressives on one ticket,” Zelizer added. “He is hoping that none of the other candidates can make the same pitch. He will take up two lanes, not one.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...identification
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old April 8, 2019, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I'm shipping Andrew more than anyone else here, but 2 minutes in and I'm tapping out. Can't stand ben's nasally voice.

But more importantly, why should dems have to defend their policies against ben? Who tf is ben shapiro? He's a nobody with a mediocre podcast. A good orator who speaks fast to short circuit others into thinking he's right, and an obvious bigoted zionist who has continuously shown his hatred towards muslims and Palestinians.

If Andrew wasn't such an outsider looking in, he wouldn't be wasting his time with this a$$ hat. Which is why a frontrunner like bernie isnt going to do this.

Besides, Andrew, Pete B, and Bernie have already scheduled to do town halls on Fox. They dont need to cater to every little player here and there.
I don't know man...judging by what you wrote, you seem to be bigoted against him. Pushing the zionism hoax and what not. Voice tone, oratory style, these things have nothing to do with what actually is being said. It would be wise of you to evaluate the substance of the ideas, and not the delivery of them.

And media wise, it would be smart of the candidates to do all the big podcasts, and not just the TV channels. TV continues to die, the internet is where it's at.

But we all know loon would get gutted like a hog against any semi-decent conservative. Talking points can only take you so far, you need to actually discuss the merit of your ideas like Yang does. Which is why he has my support.

Last edited by Roey Haque; April 8, 2019 at 06:08 PM..
Old April 8, 2019, 09:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
I don't know man...judging by what you wrote, you seem to be bigoted against him. Pushing the zionism hoax and what not.
But by an analogous token, shouldn't we also disregard the positions that peddle in hoaxes like Islam being a violent or intolerant faith? Islam is demonstrably a faith like all others, including atheism in those regards.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 9, 2019, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
I don't know man...judging by what you wrote, you seem to be bigoted against him. Pushing the zionism hoax and what not. Voice tone, oratory style, these things have nothing to do with what actually is being said. It would be wise of you to evaluate the substance of the ideas, and not the delivery of them.

And media wise, it would be smart of the candidates to do all the big podcasts, and not just the TV channels. TV continues to die, the internet is where it's at.

But we all know loon would get gutted like a hog against any semi-decent conservative. Talking points can only take you so far, you need to actually discuss the merit of your ideas like Yang does. Which is why he has my support.
I dont think you can be a bigot against one man. You can find him annoying and find his voice irritating, but that's not being a bigot. Being a bigot is making disparaging comments about a group of people.

For example, if one were to say Arabs like to bomb crap - that person would be a bigot, and that person would also be nasally Ben Shapiro.
Old April 9, 2019, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

A great article on the implication of history on Joe Biden.

Corporate media has manufactured this Biden mania because he is their last option for a centrist revenge.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...and-its-a.html

Quote:
Right now, the Dems are desperate for a victory over Trump. Biden is the champion for the people who are still pining after the Obama years. With the Clintons out of the game, Biden is the last best hope for centrist revenge. With that chance comes a bright spotlight. Journalists are paying attention to his past, and the moment is right for a Biden Discussion. But there’s another reason to talk about Biden, and it has to do with Biden’s history—his double-edged sword. What makes Biden stand out from everyone else? History. What makes Biden a problem? History. It’s about time.
Old April 9, 2019, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Elizabeth Warren Had Charisma, and Then She Ran for President

Quote:
Female candidates face a “double bind,” researchers say. When women are perceived as competent, they’re less likely to be seen as inspiring.
Do not agree with this analysis. It does not have to be complicated. Politics is simple - if you keep it simple. See the ball, hit the ball. Liz Warren made three fatal mistakes which is why her campaign is failing even before it started:

1. Not endorsing Bernie during primary in 2016 . Warren could have eventually endorsed Hillary for the general, but not endorsing Bernie during primary was a political miscalculation. Warren knew that she would be running in 2020, and by refusing to endorse Bernie during 2016 primaries, she alienated the progressive voters. May be she wanted to endorse Bernie but was afraid of drawing the ire of Clinton machine. Whatever the reason was, it was a time of test for her progressive character, and she failed that test.

2. Not coming unequivocally for Medicare for all. To win an election, you need to have one signature issue. In 2020, the signature issue for democrats is Medicare for all. For Republicans, it is immigration. By being half-hearted about this issue, she is neither gaining the progressives nor the centrists. Thus she is losing. In politics, you must take one side to hold your base, and then try to reach other groups. If you have no base but you try to reach everyone from the get go, you come across as not credible and gain no body.

3. Taking on Trump in the wrong way. The correct way to fight Trump is remaining steadfast on your own vision and what you offer. Instead, she tried to take him on one to one, and she lost every time, including her native American history test.
Old April 10, 2019, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

With Trump in office, being handsy is Presidential. Love political cartoons.

Old April 10, 2019, 06:44 PM
Cricket Legend

I so wish loon gets the nomination. SJWs will say beating Biden was easy. I want Trump to beat the reddest, most progressive, most pandering piece of crap there is, which is Bernie.

So fingers crossed that Bernie gets the nomination this time. I think he will. He certainly acts like he has it wrapped up already.
Old April 10, 2019, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I so wish loon gets the nomination. SJWs will say beating Biden was easy. I want Trump to beat the reddest, most progressive, most pandering piece of crap there is, which is Bernie.

So fingers crossed that Bernie gets the nomination this time. I think he will. He certainly acts like he has it wrapped up already.
It is easy to say pandering piece of crap. It is easy to red bait saying Russia, Venezuela, and commie loon.

However, can you point out any substantial policy criticism of Bernie Sanders? Even though I want him to win, I disagree with his many policy positions. For example, Bernie still favors drone use whereas I believe drone use must be stopped all together. Also Sanders is not as non-interventionist as I want him to be. He is not explicitly for military budget cut.

If Bernie gets the nomination, trust me, red baiting and vuvuzela screaming will come across as true pandering, and it will not sell, except for the 30% lunatic fox viewers.
Old April 11, 2019, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Policy wise, there isn't much difference at the top level. And policies change too, politicians flip flop, first at the primary level, and then to win at the presidential level.

I look at what he is about. And he wants to raise taxes and pander to minorities in the name of equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. Also he is a known commie sympathizer. Did you take a look at this video? I don't want such a character leading USA. And I am being very honest here. Many won't admit to how they really feel, I lay it all out.

Also, TBF, if you genuinely cared about policy, you would back Yang, who has more clearly outlined policies than any other running candidate. And every interview of his, he takes time to tell you what those are. All Bernie interviews are about how the millionaires and billionaires are bad, and how free things are awesome, all talking points, no "substantive" policies. Using the word you chose.
Old April 11, 2019, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Policy wise, there isn't much difference at the top level. And policies change too, politicians flip flop, first at the primary level, and then to win at the presidential level.
Policy wise there has not been much difference at the top level because US presidents, irrespective of party affiliation have always been beholden to the interests of deeps state, military industrial complex, and corporations. Bernie Sanders was the first person in the Reaganite era to run a true insurgent campaign against Washington orthodoxy. It was his consistent ideology and vision, not promise of free stuff, that inspired millions of young millennials into politics around the globe.

Do politicians flip flop? Yes. It was conventional wisdom that you run to the left during primary and to the center during general election. But this 90 era blue dog triangulation is no longer applicable, especially with the millennial generation. Did Donald Trump move to the center during general election? No. He doubled down on his racism and xenophobia and won. This is also the exact same reason why Bernie remains so popular. He did not change his policy positions for political expediency.

Quote:
I look at what he is about. And he wants to raise taxes and pander to minorities in the name of equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. Also he is a known commie sympathizer. Did you take a look at this video? I don't want such a character leading USA. And I am being very honest here. Many won't admit to how they really feel, I lay it all out.
This video you have posted proves nothing. So what if Bernie went to Russia for his honeymoon?

As for pandering to the minorities, it is done by the centrist democrats and not the progressives. The centrist camp for example screamed sexism whoever dared to vote against Hillary, and vigorously supported meToo, but when Joe Biden controversy broke, they immediately abandoned their meToo values and shamelessly rehabilitated Biden. Which proves all their talks about women rights was nothing but pandering.

Quote:
Also, TBF, if you genuinely cared about policy, you would back Yang, who has more clearly outlined policies than any other running candidate. And every interview of his, he takes time to tell you what those are. All Bernie interviews are about how the millionaires and billionaires are bad, and how free things are awesome, all talking points, no "substantive" policies. Using the word you chose.
One of the greatest strengths of Bernie is his ability to brilliantly describe policies in layman's terms. Therefore he does not come across as nerd like Liz Warren. What is Bernie fighting for? A society where each and every human being will be granted healthcare and education up to college level as rights and not as privilege, a society where anyone willing to work 40 hours per week will live a comfortable middle class life, a society where housing is affordable, and a society that enjoys a clean environment. He summarizes his vision in a justice triangle: economic justice, social justice, and environmental justice.

In his pursuit of economic justice, he definitely has to talk about grotesque level of income equality, which is a reality not only in America but everywhere around the world. He is not against millionaires and billionaires, but what he is against is a rigged tax system and a rigged economic system that promote unbridled market fundamentalism and crony capitalism.

If you only hear 'free stuff' and 'millionaires and billionaires' when Bernie talks, it is probably due to your conservation/Republican blind spot, removing which requires a paradigm shift in your thinking. What has been Republican mantra throughout? Deregulate, lower tax for the wealthy and corporations, privatize everything so that tax money and resources can go to corporations, and spread racism and xenophobia using coded words. This has been Republican dog whistles for decades, and it became louder and louder, until came Donald Trump, when dog whistle became real whistle. Both the Republican and Democratic establishment loves Donald Trump, minus his mean tweets. But Trump's brazen behavior exposed the establishment and made the rise of the left/progressives easier. Will the left be successful? It remains to be seen, because defeating the deep state, the military establishment, and the corporate power will not be easy.

Now the question comes - even if Bernie wins, will he be able to pass any of his legislative agenda? The answer is Yes. Because if Bernie wins the presidency, he will win with a historic turnout (there is no other way of defeating an incumbent). And he will be able to use his power of mass movement to cower politicians. Politicians in general are cowards. The only thing they care about is remaining in power. If Bernie can successfully mobilize the millennial generation, it will induce such fear that lawmakers from both sides will fall in line and vote for Bernie's signature legislations out of fear of losing their seats in the midterm. Look at how King Donald uses his base support to make Republicans bow down to him. This is how LBJ played politics. Obama had a chance to play similar politics to pass a bold legislative agenda. He had an email list of almost 10 million people. But he was an establishment tool and he did not use the leverage of his email list. But Bernie will.

As for not following much of what Andrew Yang is promoting, I admit falling into cult of personality to some extent. Bernie transformed the political scenario and inspired the millennials, and I want to see him as US president. Yangs are young and they can wait
Old April 11, 2019, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

BTW, establishment is now pushing Demon Devi aka Crooked Kamala to the side after her campaign failed to gain expected traction. They are even brining up her awful past records - something that you would never expect from mainstream media. With Betomentum also slowing down, establishment has now pivoted towards Biden and Pete Boo*yjudge.

Let's see how long the Boo*ymania lasts
Old April 15, 2019, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn Might Create a Revolution
Quote:
Just as Reagan and Thatcher rose together, perhaps so too will Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn.
Still a long way to go
Old April 15, 2019, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Bernie needs to be very aggressive against low life scumbag like Neera Tandem and her Center for American Progress. I am glad that he has publicly called out with the following letter what was already known to everyone, but you cannot win a primary with kid gloves. He needs to go harder.

Quote:
“Center for American Progress leader Neera Tanden repeatedly calls for unity while simultaneously maligning my staff and supporters and belittling progressive ideas,” Sanders wrote. “I worry that the corporate money CAP is receiving is inordinately and inappropriately influencing the role it is playing in the progressive movement.”
Quote:
“I and other Democratic candidates are running campaigns based on principles and ideas and not engaging in mudslinging or personal attacks on each other,” Sanders wrote in Saturday’s letter. “Meanwhile, the Center for American Progress is using its resources to smear Senator Booker, Senator Warren, and myself, among others. This is hardly the way to build unity, or to win the general election.”
https://splinternews.com/bernie-sand...-ba-1834033619

The complete letter

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ng-CAP-of.html
Old April 15, 2019, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

It is Boo*yjudge, not Beto who came out as Obama 2.0.

His announcement speech was filled with platitudes and empty rhetoric. His delivery style is also very similar to Obama's.

Quote:
“One day they will write histories, not just about one campaign or one presidency but about the era that began here today, in this building, where past, present, and future meet,” the South Bend, Ind., mayor told a crying and cheering crowd. “It’s cold out, but we’ve had it with winter. You and I have the chance to usher in a new American spring.”
Quote:
His announcement speech was light on policy: he didn’t mention Medicare for All or raising taxes. Instead, Buttigieg organized his message around three pillars—freedom, security and democracy—as he sought to reframe progressive issues like reproductive rights and climate change in ways that connect with Midwestern conservatives. Buttigieg describes abortion rights as a matter of freedom, climate change as a question of security, gerrymandering as a question of democracy. When he talked about climate change, Buttigieg didn’t endorse the Green New Deal (an idea he once called “the right beginning”), but instead echoed President Barack Obama’s frustration with Republican inaction. “You don’t like our plan?” he said. “Fine. Show us yours!”
Quote:
“Such a moment calls for hopeful and audacious voices from communities like ours,” he said. “And yes, it calls for a new generation of leadership.”
Pete Boo*yjudge is an example of the power of media - they can take an unknown guy and make him a hero overnight.

If he rises in the poll, money will be not an issue for him. Like Obama, he has already sold his soul to the establishment and promised to be their errand boy.

America fell for a true Obama and paid a heavy price. Will they fall for a fake Obama and pay a heavier price? I hope not.

http://time.com/5570327/pete-buttigi...andidate-2020/
Old April 15, 2019, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Presidential campaign is about looking to future and promising a better future, but pathetic out of touch loser like Biden thinks reinforcing Obama nostalgia will be a winning strategy.

Biden to campaign as extension of Obama’s political movement

Quote:
Joe Biden is finalizing the framework for a White House campaign that would cast him as an extension of Barack Obama’s presidency and political movement. He’s betting that the majority of Democratic voters are eager to return to the style and substance of that era — and that they’ll view him as the best option to lead the way back.

The former vice president has begun testing the approach as he nears an expected campaign launch later this month. After remarks at a recent labor union event, Biden said he was proud to be an “Obama-Biden Democrat,” coining a term that his advisers define as pragmatic and progressive, and a bridge between the working-class white voters who have long had an affinity for Biden and the younger, more diverse voters who backed Obama in historic numbers.
First, Obama did not create any movement. His presidency exposed that his 'change we need' was fake and therefore, there no longer exists Obama coalition.

Second, Hillary tried to run campaigns on nostalgia - her 2008 campaign was a call to Bill's 90 era and her 2016 campaign was an extension of Obama era. Both failed miserably.

Third, there is no such thing as Obama-Biden democrat, because there is nothing unique in them. Both are blue dog new democrats, who simply followed Bill Clinton's third way triangulation.
Old April 16, 2019, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Bill Weld announces primary challenge to Trump. I hope he can somewhat bruise him (very unlikely). A president bruised from a primary usually loses in the general

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...lenger-1276925
Old April 16, 2019, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Bernie Sanders Fox townhall was a tremendous success!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...pology-1277009

Having said this, I feel Bernie often cannot nail an argument because of his speaking style. He has a thick accent, which is a fine, and he cannot speak fast, and this is what impedes him

Example: when fox hosts tried to shame him because he is a millionaire now and thus part of 1% club, Bernie said he still voted against the tax bill of Donald Trump. This brief reply probably drove the point home but he could have said so many things to nail it:

- He is still the poorest member of the senate. Compare his income with that of Bill and HIllary
- His earning did not change his policy positions
- He never berated millionaires or billionaires for their income, his central argument was always about them not paying fair share of taxes and buying off politicians/elections
- He became millionaire at the age of 76, which is common/highly probable economic status at this age according to mean/median income of this age bracket per statistics

Bernie needs to work on this issue to do better during debates.
Old April 16, 2019, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Insecure Man Child DonnyTinyHands is grumbling after his likely future nemesis Bernie had a triumphant Fox townhall, where participants vigorously supported Bernie's policy positions, especially Medicate for All

Quote:
So weird to watch Crazy Bernie on @FoxNews. Not surprisingly, @BretBaier and the “audience” was so smiley and nice. Very strange, and now we have @donnabrazile?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 16, 2019
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-fox-news.html
Old April 17, 2019, 08:24 AM
Cricket Sage

There’s a growing amount of evidence that Trump has a great shot of being reelected in 2020

• There's mounting evidence President Donald Trump has a strong chance of being reelected in 2020.
  • Trump's approval rating is currently about 45%, according to Gallup, roughly equal to former President Barack Obama at the same point in his presidency prior to reelection.
  • Trump is also way ahead of Democrats in terms of fundraising, raking in $30 million in the first quarter of 2019 — as much as the two top-fundraising Democrats combined.
  • Meanwhile, most Americans approve of Trump's handling of the economy, which polls have shown is a top concern for voters.
Old April 17, 2019, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Insecure man child DonnyTinyHands is unable to get over Bernie's successful townhall at Fox. Another tweet:

Quote:
“Many Trump Fans & Signs were outside of the @FoxNews Studio last night in the now thriving (Thank you President Trump) Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for the interview with Crazy Bernie Sanders,” Trump wrote in a tweet. “Big complaints about not being let in-stuffed with Bernie supporters. What’s with @FoxNews?”
Old April 17, 2019, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Crooked Kamala Devi Demon Harris, who championed truancy laws and giggled about sending poor parents to jail over it, suddenly has a change of heart and says she regrets it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...cy-law-1279788

Kamala is a horrible cold blooded racist Republican. Period. If it comes down to Trump vs Kamala, I will undoubtedly cheer for Donald J. Trump. Because Kamala is worse than Trump.