facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 23, 2014, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

facebook earnings trumps estimate and stocks up ... truning fb into a 200 billion + dollar company. yes you read that right.

doesnt look so bad now huh..just 2 years ago ppl were shaking.... and bad mouthing its market cap of 100b.... but when it dropped to a market cap of 50 billion or so on the initial glitch and fearful dumping, it was a screaming buy really....

where are the ppl who thought fb will die and google + will conquer.. tsk tsk....

ppl dont understand one fundemental thing....change is difficult to obtain ....and they will always adapt to new groundbreaking things slowly..... a simple startup can not overturn a behemoth offering same crap/concept.

Old September 11, 2014, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

ajfar bhai share your knowledge research here..mufi thike shunlam tumra naki onek taka banaitacho? bolo koi ekta trade er kotha.... ami to very passive auto pilot index e achi...

bolo dekhi koi ekta 10, 20 bagger stocks er kotha..... i feel like i was born approximately 7 to 10 years late.....i am always few years behind....... dont have money when need it..

btw i dont think this market is overbought like many are saying...it is rightly priced...there maybe slighht jitters with interest rate going up but market not gonna crash...... i am neutral. all data are solid. past performance do not predict future... all this talk about rcession with every 5 year bull market is nonsense.....

anyone still waiting for dow 10k ...keep waiting eternity..... lol.... u missed it.
Old October 2, 2014, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

mufi bhai ki likhcho aar ki delete korla bhai....

bolo kono market beating secret paicho naki.....

I don't mind some market crash... maybe a 15 to 20 % hair cut won't be bad...i added all money the kid received so far and added some from me and opened an account for him...didnt enter market...want to buy some cool stocks that he can appreciate and relate to.....aapl, dis. pg/jnj, nke

he is never gonna be rich with those stocks but I think he can appreciate it and learn how it works.... i think thats a lesson worth investing in..
Old October 8, 2014, 12:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

anyone long the USD?
Old October 9, 2014, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

GTFO of the market..... u read it here. lol....
Old October 10, 2014, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
i am no expert like you guys but does IRA portfolio change is needed (e.g. large cap selling and putting to MM)..probably a dumb question
Old October 10, 2014, 01:56 PM
Cricket Savant

gas prices dipping, that means sunspots be increasing

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 10, 2014, 02:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
haha very true. S&P touched 2000 few weeks ago and now its going close to 1900. A correction is coming soon I think. Huge sell off all over the place. It will be good time to buy some cheap stocks in the following weeks.

@SS, market is in panic mode. But I don't think the large cap will suffer that big of a loss. But its hard to predict. MM instruments rate won't go up either because Fed won't stop quantitative easing until next year, so treasury bills and interest rate in general will remain low for the next 12 months. But dollar is gaining strength, so you can do FX trading if you have some experience and want to make some quick money.
Old October 10, 2014, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Mufi have half good answer...other half not so sound.

I think you should have a diversified ira and contribute to it regularly regardless of market noise and avoid the urge to tamper with it.

As u approach certain age, become more conservstive.

Having said that if I was in control of a portfolio i would personally dump most of the stocks...but many IRA have restrictions on buy and sell ....

I will explain later y i would dump most now....its all market psychology..... I m on cellphone.
Old October 15, 2014, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Anyone wearing helmets? Ouch! This is what I call a ripple effect....
Old October 15, 2014, 12:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Anyone wearing helmets? Ouch! This is what I call a ripple effect....
I was just about to post as well. This is getting ugly. Dow is down by more than 400 points. S&P about 15 points away from correction territory. Treasury notes going less than 2%. Deflation is in sight and dollar getting stronger. Okay now we are seriously doomed!!

WORST DAY IN NEARLY 3 YEARS

ki korbo orphy, bolo taratari...
Old October 15, 2014, 02:43 PM
Cricket Savant

unbelievable....had to do a double take!!

Old October 15, 2014, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

WORST DAY IN NEARLY 3 YEARS

ki korbo orphy, bolo taratari...
Bhai eita jodi Ami jantam taile to Ami amar next month er rent kotha thika dibo eita niya chinta kortam na.
Old October 15, 2014, 03:41 PM
Cricket Savant

saved up 4 dollars for halloween party!! hooray!!!

Old October 16, 2014, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
saved up 4 dollars for halloween party!! hooray!!!
Haire Kopal u atelast had 4 dollar saved up amar oa last three year ei ja chilo shobi gese ..once you done with your halloween party costume please donate it to me.
Old October 16, 2014, 11:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Bhai eita jodi Ami jantam taile to Ami amar next month er rent kotha thika dibo eita niya chinta kortam na.
haha no one can beat the market consistently. but for now buy ebola and hazmat suit stocks.

market is too volatile and I think that's good for day traders. the sell off driving price down, traders are buying the dip and then market rallies and they make quick profits and then they sell again. the slight rebound isn't happening coz of any good news or earnings. its just profit taking.

honestly, market was overvalued to begin with. Moody's fair value for S&P was around 1700-1750 last month I think. But in reality, it touched 2000. So it went ahead too much and then Europe gave some slow growth news and the drop was inevitable.

Fed gotta assure the market. Today's unemployment report was good. Let's see what happens!!
Old October 21, 2014, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

i think dow will fluctuate between 16 to 17 k... or worse 15 to 17 k should it go down that far....on that brief panic sell i actually thought it would go down to lower 15 level, simply needed a bad news that week..... but the reverse happened intraday... way too many ppl with money still waiting to jump in to the market....

it astounds me how so many ppl have so much money, abundance really.....ppl just have too much ....... i only see poor people in news articles really.....

my personal move would be ...buy till dow 17 , dump, repeat....
Old October 23, 2014, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

news:

for 2015 limit for 401k has risen to 18k a year, 24 k a year for ppl 50 and older... adjust ur contributions in couple of months.
Old October 24, 2014, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

i think wall street should punish amazon more than they had in after hours.... This is a company trying too many things, not sticking to what works...

I never understood their stupid entry to the phone market.... It's should be a freaken ecommerce company not a technology company.... sell other ppl's crap....that's ur job. Remember facebook was also rumored to make a phone of their own.... good job they abandoned that thought... And as days go by I get more and m,ore impressed by fb.

I love amazon ecommerce and would buy the stock if wallstreet hammers it a bit more..still somewhat rich..... They need to straighten this bozo guy up a little...

amazon historically however recovers their stock price after beating they take during their earnings report which are always at loss....

another stock that tends to always recover is netflix... after their recent beating stock recovering..

I call these the "darling stocks" - too many ppl love them, too many ppl "missed it" and hence always in line to grab them at any opportunity.
Old October 24, 2014, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Guys I will share a joke:

Apple iphone 6 with 2 year contract: 199 dollars
Amazon Fire phone with 2 year contract: 199 dollars.

freaken bozo....

I may be looking to buy amzn tomorrow.....

Ebola is becoming a little concerning, if there is any single case where trace is not obvious, God help us, market is gonna TUMBLE...
Old October 24, 2014, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
but for now buy ebola and hazmat suit stocks.

!
bro your prophesy is coming true... listen you gotta list stocks... this is actually solid speculative idea for trading.

Hazmat suit company: symbol LAKE - i will watch tomorrow... I think it's gonna close to double. I think it's perfect for a quick trade.

I gotta research some more on companies that are doing vaccines and stuff.. and may write a post later.. U guys killing me... You gotta throw some names bros...

**btw I don't think anyone does but just a warning, please dont act on some of these posts, you WILL get burned... I usually don't talk about penny stocks like these.
Old October 24, 2014, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hazmat suit company: symbol LAKE - i will watch tomorrow... I think it's gonna close to double.

please dont act on some of these posts, you WILL get burned. I usually don't talk about penny stocks like these.
Well that didn't pan out the way I thought it would. Freaken Mufi and his bad ideas. I am gonna go back and stick to things i understand. penny stocks i hate u guys///
Old October 24, 2014, 03:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Well that didn't pan out the way I thought it would. Freaken Mufi and his bad ideas. I am gonna go back and stick to things i understand. penny stocks i hate u guys///
haha LAKE crashed today. these are momentum stocks, it doesn't go up and down based on earnings or cash balances. just pure speculation. I had no money to buy any ebola/hazmat stocks. I am not that good anyway. But Ajfar is the man. he is on a roll lately and doing very short term trades, whatever he touches goes up.
Old October 24, 2014, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

accha ...so tell him to come and share some thing here.... so i can make some money too.... actually stocks like lake is simply gambling its not investing..99 percent of ppl trading it knows .

anyways i bought some nke, mastercard for my 1 year old investor ... just randomly.....will add few more as he accumulates more money from gifts..... looking to add mcd/dominoes, need a technology (hard to choose which one ...apple would be perfect but a bit too rich).... i think a good mix of 6 to 8 stocks should be good....

anyone has some more cool stocks for kids?
Old October 26, 2014, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/25/7069863/retailers-are-disabling-nfc-readers-to-shut-out-apple-pay

I actually have been positive on credit card companies for years now as it is obvious credit card transaction will be increasing as consumer chnage how they purchase things ie online and stuff.

I think over next many years, mobile payment likely will become somewhat standard. But the questions is what technology and who. Read the above article.. if it is the Merchant that gets their way, good bye the credit card companies.... my 1 year old will be a poor college student . however I am betting against merchant for time being....