facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 7, 2006, 12:33 PM
Cricket Sage

I just cannot believe it... there is soo many probable scapegoats we could have choosen. And here we are discussing about Sakib's lack of contribution?

We ask for patience years after years for those old dogs who never learns any new tricks,,, and here we are disecting Sakib's fault after his first real test? To me Sakib's knock was one of the brightest spot in BD's performnce.

I really question some people's state of mind at this moment.

Old October 7, 2006, 12:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

We lost nevertheless a good batting performance. You did not expect us to chase down 300, did you? We have not reached that level yet. But our boys tried which is what matters. Good show by Aftab, Sakib and Farhad. A little disappointed on Ashraful and Nafis. They really played damn slow, may be that was the plan but they should have rotate the strikes more and should have taken a lot more singles then play for shots. Do you guys see the difference b/w the Ash that scored a century in Cardif and the Ash at Mohali? He was looking for singles in that Cardif match unlike today's game where he was just waiting for bad balls and defending all the way. May be he is just trying to spend time in crease, may be he will find his form back.

Once again Aftab was amazing! Our bowleres need to bowl tighter over, and we must replace Shahadat with Russell against big guns. We need to go in with a more killing instinct then only we can be successful.
Old October 7, 2006, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

If we compare the scorecards, only Tharanga made the difference here.
And the main difference is, SL top order played like top order, BD top order played like the tail-enders.
When I was back to the game, the heading on cricbuzz was"Aftab sinks the Bangladesh boat". I have not watch the match directly, but I believe, Aftab could easily convert his score to 50+.
A duck by HB might happen in any match. Again Ash failed to justify his inclusion in the team, moreover as an opener. SN should be careful for next time. This is really unexpected from him, when he is being ranked as cricketer, "who is genuinely one of international cricket's top prospects"
Old October 7, 2006, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Well, spitty Sakib made 67 runs out of 108 deliveries. You have to understand that he held the Bangladesh innings and thats why we scored 265 which is highest against quality opposition. This was lacking in Bangladesh team for long time. Ash, Aftab, Bashar even SN are getting out after scoring 25-30 in quick times. No one is holding the innings so that others can play around him. Sakib exactly did that today and lower order played around him.

I think this is one of the better innings by Bangladeshi batsman in a losing match. We conceded 40-50 more runs and that decided the fate of the game.
I agree with your analysis 100%. He held the BD innings together and some one like was missing in the BD team and hence the reason why we fail togo over 250 frequently. THis is first game against the big boys and this will give him a lot of confidence. strongly believe that he will have a better strike rate in the future games of this tournament.

I hope the bowlers will do a better job against the windies and restrict them to somewhere around 250. Masrafee needs to do a better job in the slog overs. Good luck bangladesh.
Old October 7, 2006, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I just cannot believe it... there is soo many probable scapegoats we could have choosen. And here we are discussing about Sakib's lack of contribution?

We ask for patience years after years for those old dogs who never learns any new tricks,,, and here we are disecting Sakib's fault after his first real test? To me Sakib's knock was one of the brightest spot in BD's performnce.

I really question some people's state of mind at this moment.
Me too..To me Sakib was brilliant.

Many of us are very much ready to keep Ash-Fool in the team because he hooks 4 (once in every 3 matches), plays with big risk (almost in every ball) and rarely plays big knocks (once/twice a year).

Many of us talk about experience, but carefully neglects to mention the continuous lack of contribution from our old, experienced guys like Pilot, Bahsar.

And, when a kid who plays with so much responsibility and according to the situation to help the team's innings progress, some of us are trying to point that as negative.

Guys, it's not only our cricket should improve, we as fans gotta improve ourselves too.Not meant for anyone particular.I am just feeling sad seeing how negative we are.
Old October 7, 2006, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

The discussion about Sakib's innnings to be continued in this thread
Old October 7, 2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

Things that would have made a difference:

Blunderous decision by Bashar to bowl
Once again, the poor 49th over gift by Mash
The dropped catch by Farhad at the end
The runout missed by Rajjak towards the end
Even the last ball misfielding that allowed SL to cross the 300 mark

With Batting, as usual: Ash, Bash, Pilot. A perfomance from just one of them would have given us the match.

Other thoughts:

Shahriar Nafees - All those rubbish, meaningless awards and the vice-captaincy is going straight to his head. Drop him for the next game, slap some sense into him. Save his budding career. In the least, tell him to straighten up. What's this nonsense showing up late, goofing around in fielding?

Ash - He should get more opening chances, he is adjusting back to opening nicely. Finally, he seems to be reconstructing his batting.

Sakib - SHABAASH boy ! We may have found our own "Wall" HEALTHY strike rate also. Good, solid performance repeated.
Old October 7, 2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
We lost, but probably keeping our head high. 265 runs against one of the formidable teams of recent times is really very good. Some of us are raising question about Saqib's performance; but I will say, simply great. He played the main anchor role when the top order collapsed to 4/78.
The Tigers just roared before they are going to jump on the next prey.
Very well said
Old October 7, 2006, 12:47 PM

At the end, it was a good show by BD for sure.
Old October 7, 2006, 01:36 PM
Street Cricketer

I think bangladesh fought back well......'
well played guys.
Old October 7, 2006, 01:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Young lads are performing well
fficeffice" />
While old dogs need a walk’

Before you criticize Saqib and Farhad, you think twice,

Mehrab and other young lads replace Bash and Ash.
Old October 7, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

As Sar2005 mentioned, sakib's 69 came off 107 balls and we lost by 37 runs. Had he played a run a ball innings we would have won. I agree with spitfire partially that Sakib's innings today was not good enough for bangladesh but I disagree that he is Alok jnr. He is a player who I think can serve Bangladesh cricket far better than Alok or the likes. We being a test nation would expect to chase any target given to us by our opponents and in the process we will fail. But if we still go for respectable losses then we are no better than the associate members. If you look at both the teams innings the only difference was thanraga had a good strike rate and scored a hundred while sakib scored a patient 69*. If we needed to win this match we needed sakib to score runs a more rapid pace and maybe he should have tried acccelerating after getting set initially. With the support he got from the tail this could have been a memorable win for BD had he played a quikcer knock or on the other hand we could have been bundled out for a lesser total if sakib got out trying to accelerate. I would take a loss by big margin over a loss by small margin anyday provided we lost trying to win. Reagrding bashar's decision to field, there wer talks of bowlers having trouble gripping the ball in the second innings which would have made life harder for our spinners so it was the right decision to field first, only our execution was not ok. Once again I reiterate that mashrafee is not fit to bowl in the death and we should bowl him out before the 40 overs and thus get more productive 10 overs out from him.I would rather have razzak or rafique bowling at the death than mashrafee.
Ahsraful though one of my favourite players in the team has to go. Chasing 300 one does not expect their opening batmsen to play "test" matches. This shows that he is lacking in confidence terribly. Golla would have done equal or better than ashrafuls' effort in this match and the practice match agiainst PCA xi. I would love to see aftab open and mehrab jnr coming in to the middle order. Aftab is terrific against fast bowling and with a slow Sn he would be a good combination at the top.
Old October 7, 2006, 02:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Today we have shown the sign of progress. I hope we will take positives from today to win next two games.

By the way, I want to open the match thread for the next game against WI. So far, I have opened match thread for 3 ODI's and BD have won all three games.

Want to ride on my luck if Spitty, Shafin and other permits.
Old October 7, 2006, 02:10 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Two funny moments of todays match.

1. Run out of Muralitharan

2. 'Here starts the test match' Kumar Sangakkara when Pilot takes his strike to face the first ball
Old October 7, 2006, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

After this defeat, Bangladesh's rating in ODI becomes 32, i.e., 773 points from 24 matches.
Old October 7, 2006, 02:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
By the way, I want to open the match thread for the next game against WI. So far, I have opened match thread for 3 ODI's and BD have won all three games.

Want to ride on my luck if Spitty, Shafin and other permits.
Pls go on.But did ever know (i know u know) who was the opponent in those 3 odi and BD won . I see a BREAK on ur ride of ur luck.Take a break.
Old October 7, 2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quite a prestigious loss for BD
Old October 7, 2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

Why I am still a club cricketer?
Old October 7, 2006, 09:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamini
Why I am still a club cricketer?
Because of your avatar!!! (kiddingI)
Old October 7, 2006, 10:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Bangladesh was never in the match for a SINGLE time. You could always predict who would win the match, right from the start. We did well for most of the SL innings's slog overs, but you could always guess this is going to be useless in the end. For how long cricket will be such a predictable game for us?
I am not agree…When Sakib and Farhad was batting, there was 50% Chance for Bangladesh to win the match. If the partnership crossed 100 definitely then the chance would be 75%. Chasing 303 is not a big score for recent ODIs. I think BD should do that if Bashar , Ash, Pilot did something. I am very upset to see the Pilot’s innings. I think he is the only wicket keeper in this world who never knows how to make run. And pathetic to see that he is always in the team, BD gets a lot of talents…but why not another Wicket Keeper?

Bashar Captaincy was horrible…he never knew about his Bowlers expectation in fielding. Bashar should get rid of captaincy as soon as possible. Ash should be dropped for 20 matches immediately. Naffes should need to get warning from Whattmorre. Shahadat should come in the second match instead of Rasel. And what about Pilot…I don’t know…cause he is the only lifetime member in BD team. Player goes…player comes…but he stays…cause his name is Pilot…Without “PILOT” how a team will fly???
Old October 8, 2006, 05:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

I am afraid same thing will happen with WI