facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you want Dave Whatmore to stay with Bangladesh after world cup?
Yes, until 2011 world cup 62 57.41%
Yes, he should stay for another 2 year 23 21.30%
No, we need a new coach 23 21.30%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 6, 2007, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
He did not say anything private or personal... u guys are wack above means... have your own opinions but seriesly know what u are sayin and how u are saying it.. and unless u have been in that class in any sport yall have no idea. And i dun expect yall to know.. but hey... what eva... bye.
Stumped,

I know that all these posts have hurt your feelings and I know why. I wouldn't want people to diss my dad in a public forum either. But listen -

1. Your dad is the one that made his wishes known to the public media. This got the conversation started. So, if you want to blame anyone for this public discussion, blame your dad for starting it.

2. Being a public figure, you cannot escape public criticism.

3. My guess is that you are just a kid, at least compared to a bulk of us. But trust me, your dad's public job application is not a professional action at all. This reeks of blind ambition and unfortunately, greed. Ambition is fine as long it is restrained by professionalism.

My suggestion is for you to calm down, read all the posts, try to think objectively and convey to your dad what people have been saying here. This will be a great favor to BD cricket.

Or alternatively you can avoid all DW related threads until after this episode blows over.

Old April 6, 2007, 10:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Ops mods plz take actions...we made a chaos over here...
comn' ppl ...On behalf of all I apolgoize Stumped...this is just a discussion please don't take it seriously.
Old April 6, 2007, 11:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
3. My guess is that you are just a kid...
And so are many many other members of BC. Care to explain how that is related to the thread-topic? Trying to put a ‘Grown-up-opinion’ tag on your own post or something?

Quote:
...This reeks of blind ambition and unfortunately, greed. Ambition is...
Isn't what you writing in this line a very much personal view of yours? Would you please care to mention it as your own view before continuing with your point. Please do so onwards. .

To everyone else here,
Please calm down a bit. These sort of contract issues between Board and coach are not very unlikely to arise in high profile sports. So many times in the past (for all teams) there has been disputes between coach and the team over contract clause or code-of-contract violation or performance of the team. There are still 3 important games remaining in the WC campaign and during these three matches so many other thins will happen that might change the color of the whole scenario.

As per my observation, BCB has expressed its dissatisfaction over Dav’s comments and Dav seems to have got the message and has currently stopped making any further comment on the issue. The team itself is in a very bad patch at the moment and that has got all of us on the edge of patience. Can we fans please stay a little bit calm and let the Coaching issue settle a bit with time? Lets not start pushing the panic button immediately ... that can only make things worse.

Thanks
Old April 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
And so are many many other members of BC. Care to explain how that is related to the thread-topic? Trying to put a ‘Grown-up-opinion’ tag on your own post or something?
Not really. It doesn't matter to me if my post comes off as grown-up-opinion or "childish-opinion" as long as it is coherent.

There are many many young members of BC, but it doesn't mean that their posts make it obvious that they are kids. Age doesn't matter. What matters is substance of one's post.

Here is stumped's post -
Quote:
He did not say anything private or personal... u guys are wack above means... have your own opinions but seriesly know what u are sayin and how u are saying it.. and unless u have been in that class in any sport yall have no idea. And i dun expect yall to know.. but hey... what eva... bye
She is implying that we are not qualified to criticize her dad since we are "wack above means" - whatever that means in IM lingo

I know I come off as a little patronizing, and I think given the coherence (or the lack thereof) of the post as well as the patronizing tone of stumped, it was not unjustified. But why do you care? It's her opinion Vs mine.

Quote:
Isn't what you writing in this line a very much personal view of yours? Would you please care to mention it as your own view before continuing with your point. Please do so onwards. .
My quote in question is -
...This reeks of blind ambition and unfortunately, greed. Ambition is...
You dropped the last part where I said that ambition is okay but needs to be restrained by professionalism.

See if you can follow this analogy -

If someone who is working for me starts looking for a job because his contract is up in two months, I will hold nothing against him. But if the employee starts going around telling everyone including me that he is definitely interested in working for another company at a higher salary while my company is in the middle of the biggest project ever, I'd hate that guy with my guts. No, I wouldn't fire him, but as soon as the crunch time is over, I'd replace him at the first opportunity.

What DW is displaying is the pima-donna syndrom. He thinks he is bigger than the task he is responsible for. I have fired one or two primadonnas to know that it is the only effective solution.

The next day DW told the reporters that he will only talk about Bangladesh cricket. He should have done that the previous day as well. You can't have it both ways.

So, the answer to you question is simple. Isn't it obvious that it is my personal opinion when I am not quoting any source? It shouldn't merit a question.

Quote:
To everyone else here,
Please calm down a bit. These sort of contract issues between Board and coach are not very unlikely to arise in high profile sports. So many times in the past (for all teams) there has been disputes between coach and the team over contract clause or code-of-contract violation or performance of the team.
Can you please provide a few examples of these "not very unlikely" situations in Cricket that match what we have here in DW/BD case? Otherwise it is just your personal opinion.
Old April 6, 2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criccric
"What more" do you want?
...billions of dollars and more...!!!
Old April 7, 2007, 12:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
He did not say anything private or personal... u guys are wack above means... have your own opinions but seriesly know what u are sayin and how u are saying it.. and unless u have been in that class in any sport yall have no idea. And i dun expect yall to know.. but hey... what eva... bye.
You should realize that what you just said here puts you to lower than the class you see us at. And you should also realize that you've crossed the line here.

While many members of the forum do have legitimate concerns, many of them just say things for the heck of saying it. But that doesn't give you the authority to generalize your views to that extent. You owe everyone here an apology for that. Not that you care anyway!

Above all, you don't belong to any class anyway, be it cricket or be it your version of rugby.
Old April 7, 2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshCricket
Ops mods plz take actions...we made a chaos over here...
comn' ppl ...On behalf of all I apolgoize Stumped...this is just a discussion please don't take it seriously.

I am unable to pay you as being an agent of mine!...sorry!!...blame goes to my pocket!!!
Old April 7, 2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
...really, that's reflects your class too!
Old April 7, 2007, 12:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Well DW might end up without any job..not bangladeshi coach nor indian coach.
Pakistan already said they are going for a local coach.
Old April 7, 2007, 01:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
See if you can follow this analogy -
If someone who is working....
Interestingly enough... you miss the whole point of my post and keep writing lines after lines to justify why your observation on 'Dav's greed' is not wrong and not to mention the description about how 'efficient' you are in firing people !

Lets just put it in two simple way to make it even easier for you to understand:
1)Stop mudslinging and stop using provocative words.
2)Have a more patient approach and let the air clear up before charging all your guns.

The true test of patience of a fan comes when things are not going right for the team... rather than at times when everything is going on perfectly!
Old April 8, 2007, 06:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

look alright im sorry... by class i ment playing for a sport internatinaly... my bad for not stating it clearer. I neva judge or put people into class' to me doing that is like racism which i dun stand for... wrong word... yeah i get angry and yeah yall know why but what frustrates me is when people dont know the full story... and i dont and cant expect anyone to know. anyways sorry for upsetting yall... bye
Old April 8, 2007, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

As supporters of BD cricket, I don't think this is the time to fight with each other. Let's cheer for our team and make this world cup memorable!!!
Old April 8, 2007, 08:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
look alright im sorry... by class i ment playing for a sport internatinaly... my bad for not stating it clearer. I neva judge or put people into class' to me doing that is like racism which i dun stand for... wrong word... yeah i get angry and yeah yall know why but what frustrates me is when people dont know the full story... and i dont and cant expect anyone to know. anyways sorry for upsetting yall... bye
After reading that post of yours, I didn't believe I was actually reading your post...someone who's a passionate Tigers fan too. So sorry for the rude response.

The rest are legitimate arguments, and as all forums do, we find that quite acceptable.
Old April 8, 2007, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

He will go to the highest bidder. I cannot believe he will even be interviewed by India.
Old April 8, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
He will go to the highest bidder.
I think there will be only one bidder- BCB (even that is not looking so certain at this point). The only chance DW has to get an interview call from BCCI is if we can badly humilate India again in May. Then BCCI may be forced to think about hiring a foreign coach.
Old April 8, 2007, 04:28 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickwizard
McKenzie (who was u-19 coach and built ashraful, shakib, nafees, shamsur, enamul, manjarul, nazim etc) can be a good candidate. Since BD doing well now, there will be other big fish interested (Perhaps John Wright, Dean Jones)
It is evident that Mckenzie is a good coach. His crew of young stars are the ones who are consistently doing well for Bangladesh that must mean he is doing something right. So with all that said, i think he should be our next coach if Watmore does leave.
Old April 8, 2007, 04:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Great News Guys, according to NDTV 24x7, they had reported that according to High sources in the BCCI, they have confirmed that the next coach of India will be an Indian coach