facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Which party will you vote for? (Participate even if you physically won't be voting)
BNP or 4 Party Alliance Cadidates 20 32.79%
BAL or 14 Party Alliance Cadidates 17 27.87%
Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) 15 24.59%
Jatiya Party (Ershad) 2 3.28%
Independent Cadidates 2 3.28%
Undecided 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 6, 2006, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Moreover there might be some karchupi in the polling so be prepared for a surprise result.
Our stupid loser two women will always bring out karchupi (sukkhoo, sthulo, ....) whatever the reality.

Old December 24, 2006, 06:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I thought I have seen the bottom rock of bd politicans. BAL's recent move to ligalize fatwah has made me sick, i had more to see. if some of the bangabondhu's killers open a party, hasina would probably invite him in union as well
Old December 24, 2006, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I wonder what will AL apologists say now. Does this party have any moral right to exist anymore?
Old December 24, 2006, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
I wonder what will AL apologists say now. Does this party have any moral right to exist anymore?

Chi chi chi chi !!!! You are questioning the existential right of BAL !!! OMG. What is wrong with you brother. You just might be termed a "rajakar" by the BAL mouthpieces for even implying such a sinful thing.( even though there might not be a remote connection to the two but what the hell they dont need any logic, they can say anything they want since the country is their's by birth)

Seriously speaking, this is just another proof of BAL's double faced hypocritical nature. But I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the reaction of the senior party leader's and "citizen's" of the country who are actually BAL supporters, condemning this. Kudos to that. This incident once again goes to prove that the leadership of the two political parties need major overhauling and politics should not be treated as a hereditary right rather the positions should be earned by qualities and qualifications.

There was an interesting piece in the "letters to the editor" section in DS today. One gentleman pointed out that although both leaders of the party shout for democracy they actually run their own parties through Autocracy which proves how big hypocrites they are. He suggested, to hold a free election among the party members to elect the head, and the party leaders instead of the random autocratic way it is done now. I personally think his ideas are pretty good. This process could be a start to cleaning up the politics in BD. I am providing a link below for the members to read his letter.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/12/...2251101108.htm
Old December 24, 2006, 11:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Look at Prothom Alo. There is answer. They would not honor the agreement.Or as Mr jalil put it as just a MoU. So of no value and thus justified for greater benefit. Ha Ha. Similar argument can be applied for BNP to justify its association with JI.
Old December 25, 2006, 05:03 AM

I was shocked twice recently, one is 'bar on high court rule' ( disclosing candidate information ) and now this BAL agreement with Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish (BKM). None of our political parties give a hoot except power, so sad.

We desperately need people like Dr. Yunus in politics, who knows! BAL & BNP may form a coalition in that case.
Old December 25, 2006, 03:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
There was an interesting piece in the "letters to the editor" section in DS today. One gentleman pointed out that although both leaders of the party shout for democracy they actually run their own parties through Autocracy which proves how big hypocrites they are. He suggested, to hold a free election among the party members to elect the head, and the party leaders instead of the random autocratic way it is done now. I personally think his ideas are pretty good. This process could be a start to cleaning up the politics in BD. I am providing a link below for the members to read his letter.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/12/...2251101108.htm
I havent been following the news for the last few days so do not know what actually is going on with BAL and fotowabazs. But if it is true, shame on BAL.

regarding the undemocratic practices, BAL had open elections for chatro league for the first time in the history. However, I donno how this will solve any problems. No1 will speak against khaleda zia or sheikh hasina or vote them out. It would be more important if they had anonymous votes in the parliament, which would allow Mps to choose what they want by undermining the leaders choice. Since it will be anonymous, you cannot come after the person who goes against the leaders. but it leaves one caveat, who becomes MPS?
Old December 25, 2006, 03:26 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Deleted
Old December 25, 2006, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgun
I havent been following the news for the last few days so do not know what actually is going on with BAL and fotowabazs. But if it is true, shame on BAL.

regarding the undemocratic practices, BAL had open elections for chatro league for the first time in the history. However, I donno how this will solve any problems. No1 will speak against khaleda zia or sheikh hasina or vote them out. It would be more important if they had anonymous votes in the parliament, which would allow Mps to choose what they want by undermining the leaders choice. Since it will be anonymous, you cannot come after the person who goes against the leaders. but it leaves one caveat, who becomes MPS?
BBgun, have you read the letter that the link takes you to? I dont think you did. There the writer mentioned about holding anonymous yes/no votes to see if Hasina or Khaleda should remain at the helm of the parties and also choose a leader by voting. If you hold a paper vote, how on earth can the two bitches know which leaders voted against them? But the thing is, it is not realistically possible because the bitches would never hold any votes like this to oust themselves. No matter how stupid they are they know that holding a vote might damage their position in the party. Therefore they wont do it.
Old December 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Hmm I was wondering why did the orginal post by Miraz bhai disappear ? Anyone care to explain ?

Or is it that oi potrikar manushra object koreche ebong eita ke shriye dite boleche since ei news mone hoy poisha diye buy kore porte hoy and free nah. Still can someone explain why ?
Old December 31, 2006, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

out of the votes, more than 60% went to bnp or awami league and this is coming from an internet forum whose participants are educated enough to be better than most bangladeshis. we never learn do we? seeing this... i lost my interest to vote
Old December 31, 2006, 06:43 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think there should be another option for those not willing to vote for any of those, and perhaps also those waiting for a better, younger and more promising party to emerge. LDP may be gaining popularity, 15 votes already is quite a proportion, but it's still old wine in new bottle!
Old January 2, 2007, 04:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
out of the votes, more than 60% went to bnp or awami league and this is coming from an internet forum whose participants are educated enough to be better than most bangladeshis. we never learn do we? seeing this... i lost my interest to vote
well, thats because there's still a part in each of us that wants to choose the better of two major worsts, and can't it be said that most of those choices are being made based on our traditional hatred for one party of the other (of the two major ones) ?
Old January 2, 2007, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I was shocked twice recently, one is 'bar on high court rule' ( disclosing candidate information ) and now this BAL agreement with Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish (BKM). None of our political parties give a hoot except power, so sad.

We desperately need people like Dr. Yunus in politics, who knows! BAL & BNP may form a coalition in that case.

Not only BAL & BNP but also all the current parties will be together to defend that coming honest party.
Old January 2, 2007, 05:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
Not only BAL & BNP but also all the current parties will be together to defend that coming honest party.
BD politics will inevitably make a honest person become dishonest. There's just too much corruption to overcome. Now why'd one want a man like Dr. Younus get himself tangled with politics ? He's fine where he is... but at the same time, the thought comes : will the state of BD politics ever improve if its left on its own. The two major parties will continue to destroy the country (which the country will quite astoundingly keep on sustaining, the way it has been...).
Old January 9, 2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
BD politics will inevitably make a honest person become dishonest. There's just too much corruption to overcome. Now why'd one want a man like Dr. Younus get himself tangled with politics ? He's fine where he is... but at the same time, the thought comes : will the state of BD politics ever improve if its left on its own. The two major parties will continue to destroy the country (which the country will quite astoundingly keep on sustaining, the way it has been...).
That's ( the bold part ) exactly the reason I picked up the name Dr. Yunus.

HB, I voted for LDP knowing 'same old wine in new bottle', at least to refuse BAL or BNP anyway, and make them realize. I am sure so was most of the LDP votes here.
Old January 10, 2007, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Cant believe it, still more than 50% want to vote BAL and BNP!
Do we Have Any other Option? What can We Do?
Old January 11, 2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
Do we Have Any other Option? What can We Do?
Well, I guess nothing but at the moment. too bad.
Old March 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Default haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
BNP=AL, does not make a difference

if u don't know anything about bd's election (ie politics and leaders) read this, u'll have a very clear understanding:

TRADITIONAL ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You sell one and buy a bull.
Your herd multiplies and the economy grows.
You retire on the income.

INDIAN ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You worship them.

PAKISTAN ECONOMICS
You don't have any cows.
You claim that the Indian cows belong to you. You ask
the US for financial
aid, China for military aid, British for warplanes,
Italy for machines,
Germany for technology, French for submarines,
Switzerland for loans,
Russia for drugs and Japan for equipment.

You buy the cows with all this and claim exploitation
by the world.

AMERICAN ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You sell one and force the other to produce the milk
of four cows.

You profess surprise when the cow drops dead. You put
the blame on some nation with cows and naturally that
nation will be a danger to mankind.
You wage a war to save the world and grab the cows.

FRENCH ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You go on strike because you want three cows.

GERMAN ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You re-engineer them so that they live for 100 years,
eat once a month and milk themselves.

BRITISH ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
They are both mad cows.

ITALIAN ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You don't know where they are.
You break for lunch.

SWISS ECONOMICS
You have 5000 cows, none of which belong to you.
You charge others for storing them.

JAPANESE ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You redesign them so that they are one-tenth the size
of an ordinary cow and produce twenty times the milk.
You then create cute cartoon cow images called
Cowkimon and market them worldwide.

RUSSIAN ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
you count them and learn you have five cows.
You count them again and learn you have 42 cows.
You count them again and learn you have 17 cows.
You give up counting and open another bottle of vodka.

CHINESE ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You have 300 people milking them.
You claim full employment, high bovine productivity
and arrest anyone reporting the actual numbers.

BANGLADESH ECONOMICS
You have two cows.
You don't know economy.
You choose one of them as the Prime Minister of the
country and the other as the Leader of the Opposition.

funny as hell !! thanks