facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 5, 2006, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

hasan bhai, relax. hagu happens, as it did with the sri lankans against us in this very same ground when they were restricted to around 215 and we took the game. the boys have done well in the first two games, and i think a slight dip is excusable. i too felt like slaughtering aftab when he went for that sweep, mehrab when he dismissed himself softly, habla when it was his turn, and it was really dissapointing the way they all batted. they seemed to have gone back to their impatient selves, looking to accelerate when it wasn't required at all. even SN seemed to get over-confident and played a few "kare kare's" from his crease in the beginning. but the thing is your batsmen will not always perform, and it is important that your bowlers back them up on those days and make sure that even a small total is defendable. 220 was supposed to be easy, especially when the sla's were granted to have a hard time gripping the ball, but the two pacers did a decent job up front and razzak was simply brilliant.

now i know we'd probably get creamed had this been a half-decent opponent, but hey, let's face the facts here. we do, after all, suck. what we do have the ability to do, though, is to pull off a win or two against the big guns from time to time, and a win against bermuda coupled with another one against either of india or sri lanka will likely see us to the next round of the world cup. i see this as a great opportunity, and i think we have the ability to create an upset. we may have not given it our hundred percent in this game, but if we do on some other day, i.e. even if we play like we did on the first odi, i think that should be good enough to send some of the big boys packing; after all, you don't expect teams to win by more than 9/10 wickets against zimbabwe

so the conclusion of my pechal is that our chances of winning against the bigger teams is definitely still iffy; however, if everyone works on individual mistakes (and i can tell we have a bunch in this squad who can do that), we will probably be able to up our performance against the test players. dips will happen, as it does with all teams, but it's all about how you recover from them. so let's see whether our boys can finish the series off in style.

Old December 5, 2006, 11:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i didnt watch is innings, but ash didn't do anything wrong according to most ppl who posted here. if you were expecting a hundred batting at 4 down, then perhaps u should dump a bucket of ice over ur head. could ash have scored a 50, sure...but so could have a lot of other batsman. i have nothing against judging ash and aftab on a different standard than all our other players; that con goes with the pro of their great talent. but to allude that ash has failed, even in an innings where he has not, is not at all constructive criticism
Very well said. Plus, I think most people only think that a 50 is the minimum to show someone's talent. That's just rubbish. These things are situational, and numbers alone cannot speak about the situation. There's Bashar who could be given some bash for a 3.
Old December 6, 2006, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
Very well said. Plus, I think most people only think that a 50 is the minimum to show someone's talent. That's just rubbish. These things are situational, and numbers alone cannot speak about the situation. There's Bashar who could be given some bash for a 3.
Well you guys are right...there was not much to complain about Ash's performance... However it was adequate to keep his position for few more games.... not beyound that. But make no mistake, to ensure his slot for the WC, he needs to take advantage every future opportunity that hje gets.... please note that even playing solidly (batting wise) against ZIM and KEN, Farhad was removed to accomodate Ash. There are players ready to replace him ...breathing behind his neck.... "Ash can you feel it?"... Don't think life will be any more easyier for Ash in future like those old days like "talented palyers doesn't need to produce consistent basis... its only for ordinary players who needs to produce day in day out."
Old December 6, 2006, 08:22 PM
Club Cricketer

www.daruchini.com Ami vabchilam channel i to achey jekhane khela dekhano hochhe tai ar sopcast kori nai. je jento problem ta oi din e hobe? try korbo next match sony theke sopcast korte. sopcast suru kore diye basar baire chole jabo..... sobar vaggo valo thake sobai dekben inshallah. ar amar vaggo mondo hole .... mane amar basar pc theke encoding off hoyele to sopcast o off hoye jabe. ami abar o bolchi ami try korbo. baki ta Amader vaggo........... Pavel ( www.daruchini.com )
Old December 6, 2006, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel721
www.daruchini.com Ami vabchilam channel i to achey jekhane khela dekhano hochhe tai ar sopcast kori nai. je jento problem ta oi din e hobe? try korbo next match sony theke sopcast korte. sopcast suru kore diye basar baire chole jabo..... sobar vaggo valo thake sobai dekben inshallah. ar amar vaggo mondo hole .... mane amar basar pc theke encoding off hoyele to sopcast o off hoye jabe. ami abar o bolchi ami try korbo. baki ta Amader vaggo........... Pavel ( www.daruchini.com )
Bhai sedin ja kharap legechilo ta bole lav nai. Apni janten 200 user er upore channel i te dekha jabena tarporo apni sopcast korlen na. Dhat....khelta pore miss korlam.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 6, 2006, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Ekono match thread ashlona. hmmmmmm ami open korbo naki eibar? Sobai ki series jite lazy hoye gelo?
Old December 6, 2006, 09:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Ekono match thread ashlona. hmmmmmm ami open korbo naki eibar? Sobai ki series jite lazy hoye gelo?
Yes! Like bd fans are now complacent! No surprise. Sadi bhai go for it.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 7, 2006, 06:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang_fan001
watch this match online at: http://www.onlinemedia.in/live_video/bangladesh.htm
Can we watch the rest of the series from this address?

Say yes