facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 29, 2006, 12:22 AM

Default Dreams come true?!

Quote:
From NewAge
The ruling BNP and main opposition Awami League on Wednesday agreed to reach an understanding during the caretaker regime that they would never call hartal...

The leaders opted for the caretaker ruling to reach consensus on the issues as there will have no ruling party nor have any opposition in the country then.
The caretaker government will take over after four months and let us [BNP-AL] reach an understanding that we will never call hartal even after being failed to win the polls, Bhuiyan said adding a law can also be enacted in this regard. The law will also be applicable for the siege programme, he said.

Talking tough against corruption, the leaders also agreed to take the accounts of asset of the political leaders, businessmen and high officials.
Replying to a demand of Hamid, Bhuiyan said corruption had reached each and every corner of the country enticing almost everyone, including politicians, businessmen and the civil servants.
Hamid said the ruling party leaders, including lawmakers, ministers and their family members, were involved in corruption and earning black money pushing the country to top the Transparency International list of most corrupt nations in the world.

Agreeing with Hamid's proposal for taking accounts of assets of all, Bhuiyan said people were compelled to pay bribe in every stage and stressed a social movement to fight it.
All the political parties should declare war against corruption to save the nation. Bhuiyan said he would request both the ruling and opposition lawmakers to think about his proposal to reduce the tenure of the parliament to four years from five years and take necessary steps in this regard.
To bring congenial academic atmosphere, he said, (We/I) do not say that student politics should be stooped, but we have to think what could be done in this regard. The university ordinance should be changed and the vice-chancellor and teachers should be appointed on merit not on political identity.
Source in detail

Even though it seems like a day dream, but we desperatetly need to think positive and forward to stop these self destructive politics. BD (We) had paid enough for these ( hartal, corruption, black money, student politics etc. ) and already kinda late before it becoms a curse on us. The question still remain wheather they REALLY willing to do something or just makening fake comment as usual. But than again nothing will come suddenly in our way unless we start from somewhere, so be it a fake comment, I say wellcome.

By the way recently I saw this picture of an old lady of Bangladesh, since then I just cant forget her face.

Old June 29, 2006, 04:10 AM

I found another positive article on this regard, nice to see people has started to talk loud these days.

I think this ittefaq article ( in Bangla ) says something very important, obvious and neutral on our political situation. We have been waiting so long wishing they would realize, but seems yet ... The way they are dividing every department of administration based on political choice, including justice, police, army, university ( teachers, students ), bureaucrat and what not, is definitely leading us to hell.

Wonder how long they need to realize ...

Old June 29, 2006, 04:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Call me pessimestic. It would never materilize. Remember 'Amra Birodhi doley gelou hortal korbo na' dialogue by the queens of Bangladesh. and this time it is by so called leaders. So if any one believe it would materialize, then he may be in the school of eternal optimist
Old June 29, 2006, 04:55 AM

May be not by those queens and princes ... but someone else, lets not be that pessimist ...
Old June 29, 2006, 07:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Shob lok bhulano kotha. Heard this too many times already. Ek bosta pocha dialogue ar koto shunabe era. Can't help but be pessimistic.