facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 20, 2005, 10:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Default A Day of Lessons for Bangladesh

BD players should look back at day 1 as a day of learning than a day of despair. How can a team struggling at 48/4 turn it around within one session to torment an opposition? That's what Test Cricket is all about. After all Test Cricket is a test of character, resilience, perseverance, grit and mental dominance. Sadly many, especially in India and Pakistan think its just a Test of skill and talent and unless you see an Afridi or Tendulkar blasting away from ball one, there's no purpose in watching Cricket.

If you guys have read BBC's message boards, you'll see how many Indians and Pakistani fans criticize Sri Lanka saying they are boring as hell. The fact is that many are used to watching Cricket being played for the gallery and are unaccustomed watching professional skills being applied. Certainly, Sri Lankans are less talented than Indians and Pakistanis but they are 100 times more professional in their approach because mentally SL's are light years ahead.

I hope BD will fight back and make a match of this.

Old September 20, 2005, 10:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

We misread the pitch. A third seamer would have been more helpful and who knows what could have happened had we had that option available. We had them in all sorts of bother with our second best pace attack ( though it will change soon ). I am encouraged by our two teen pacers. When Mashrafee comes back, these three has the potential to become a part of a good attack. They are all very young.

It was good to see Mahela the "moaner" getting clean bowled by Shahadat. Didn't wait around long enough to hear Shahadat grunt!

Lesson for our pacers in the future : If you are disciplined and bowl in the right channel consistently with decent swing generated from the pitch, you can get anyone out.
Old September 20, 2005, 11:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Dont forget the Javed miandad's and the sunil gavaskara's indian and pakistan has given to professional cricket .

Infact blasting away was started mainly by Jayasuriya and Kalu. By the way you dont get Afridis and Tendu's that easy as well. my point is, if you are trying to make some point ers or good words to Bangladesh cricket keep it at that. There was no need for you to talk about paki or Indian cricket , whose history and achievements you havent done much research about. I dont even want to argue whose cricket is better, but you shld better do some research b4 making some blunt statements.

If you are taking out your thing for some posts in BBC crikcet forums, you shld defend yourself there, not here ,.

Cheers !

Padosan
Old September 21, 2005, 10:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i thought this is a bangladesh cricket web site..

since when we began the charity field for a lanka india fight ??

guys..if u have have to fight..do it on ur U2U...

cuz we don wanna get in the middle of this mess..
u both r like our guest here...

n we have enuf problem of our own right now...
don wanna listen to youz whinzin whoz betta...

good on both of yaz for ur countries success..
n both had some great players over the yrs..

but stick to bangla cricket here...
Old September 21, 2005, 10:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

God cant even defend our country's cricket !

Alright Sydney sir ! afterall a guest here. will keep my mouth shut

cheers !
Old September 21, 2005, 10:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

where rubbish and everyone knows it, we lost both test so lets move on, the super series is coming up I CAN make a 1,000,000 million pound bet that not 1 BD player will be in the subs let alone top 11 against aussies
Old September 21, 2005, 11:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by 6alltheway
where rubbish and everyone knows it, we lost both test so lets move on, the super series is coming up I CAN make a 1,000,000 million pound bet that not 1 BD player will be in the subs let alone top 11 against aussies
1 mill is too low, i bill sounds more like it.
Old September 21, 2005, 02:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rohitha
BD players should look back at day 1 as a day of learning than a day of despair. How can a team struggling at 48/4 turn it around within one session to torment an opposition? That's what Test Cricket is all about. After all Test Cricket is a test of character, resilience, perseverance, grit and mental dominance. Sadly many, especially in India and Pakistan think its just a Test of skill and talent and unless you see an Afridi or Tendulkar blasting away from ball one, there's no purpose in watching Cricket.

If you guys have read BBC's message boards, you'll see how many Indians and Pakistani fans criticize Sri Lanka saying they are boring as hell. The fact is that many are used to watching Cricket being played for the gallery and are unaccustomed watching professional skills being applied. Certainly, Sri Lankans are less talented than Indians and Pakistanis but they are 100 times more professional in their approach because mentally SL's are light years ahead.

I hope BD will fight back and make a match of this.
SRLANKAN play cricket as a team but not india bcoz without dravid or sachin they r nothig...
basically india is a batting team but srilanka is a alround team

Edited on, September 21, 2005, 7:52 PM GMT, by chinawoman.
Old September 21, 2005, 02:54 PM
Banned

Whoa!! Chinawoman!

Any relation to our CM?
Old September 21, 2005, 03:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

yeah yeah yeah ! Watever chinawoman. take 2 key players from any team and see wat that team is ?

take out vaas/Murali outta Srilanka, see how they perform after that :p

**hides behind the curtain, b4 some1 says this is a bangla forum**

cheers !
Old September 21, 2005, 04:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Padosan
yeah yeah yeah ! Watever chinawoman. take 2 key players from any team and see wat that team is ?

take out vaas/Murali outta Srilanka, see how they perform after that :p

**hides behind the curtain, b4 some1 says this is a bangla forum**

cheers !
no no u guys keep fighting. atleast that'll shift the focus away from our humiliating series against SL.
Old September 21, 2005, 05:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

After this series ,what is next or left for BD?I am suggesting for a rigorous boot CAMP.Is there any body who agree?
Old September 21, 2005, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

after three consecutive series of improvements (ODi win over india, ashraful's 158*, TEST and ODI series win over zimbabwe, victory against australia in natwest trophy) i really hoped BD would win atleast one ODI every series or atleast go very close to winning and take test matches to atleast 4th day if not 5th day and avoid innings defeats. but BD's back to square one. they have to start over again from the scratch, which is very frustrating.
Old September 21, 2005, 06:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Guys! stick to Bangladesh cricket. However, occasional brief, polite, defense of one's own country is allowed. But we can avoid such diversions in the first place if we stick to discussing Bangladesh Cricket.
Old September 21, 2005, 08:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

alrite zobair bhaiya ! hey look rohitha.. next time u say something abt india i will tell on u to zobair...
Old September 21, 2005, 10:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

How can a team ever compete in tests when on average it lasts 45-50 overs in a innings? Thats roughly half the day. No wonder we lose within the third day. Until and unless we have the capacity to occupy the crease for a prolonged period, this will happen repeatedly. We had a few good tests after Dav took over when we at least challenged the opponent and took the game to four days. Not happening any more. We really have regressed in our test performance. Is it the players who are responsible for it? Partly yes. Barring Bashar and Ash, we have a entirely new middle order and that too made up of too many attacking players. Aftab is new to the test scene.Rajin is missing from the lineup. He is a player, when in touch, has the ability to occupy the crease. Shahriar Nafees has the stuff to play long innings and it won't be so bad to try him in there. Opening will always be a problem with technically deficient players like JO and Iqbal. Too many problems in the batting..
Old September 21, 2005, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

At least Ash is showing some application (at last). I really think Ash has the ability to change his game according to the conditions. The test will be firstly knowing when to defend/attack, and then make that transition within an innings.... only the great players can do that.... i wonder if Ash is great.... we'll see tomorrow....