facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2014, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I think Mushfiq did the right thing and come hard on the players. The team management should also do the same.

I feel the media should highly criticise such irresponsible players. And then only when these pieces of trash will start working on their skills

Tbh I don't think the players are least bothered as they know they can make money well domestically and don't need to be in the national team.

Old March 2, 2014, 04:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
All I read here change X with Y. As long as we keep doing this nothing will change. We are asking wrong questions. We need to find out why razzak after so many years still bowling shorts (I think he was paid heavily). Our main spinner gets zero wkt and then keeps his bat up to get out. Also nayeem, mominul, Nasir all just tried to get out just when we needed them most. Even in street cricket we know that the set batsman bat the whole thing out and the new one tries to score fast. That is even more true when some one like zea comes in. Why did nayeem tried to score a boundary after losing Nasir and not trust zea to do his job later? Why was he in the team? to score fast or have stability in the line up? The players seems to forget or don't care about their duty in the team. I have a feeling some of these players were paid for sure. And the ump wow. 1st time in my life I saw umps going against test country. Two leg stump calls not given while Afgans batting but two given when bd batting + that huge lbw against mushi. Just for that the ump should be banned. Also I think the ball that mominul got out was a No ball too, but the third ump failed too. We need to investigate all these. Changing player will do us nothing. We don't have a KP seating in the sideline. All or 7/8.
Great post.

Let me add few points. Why is Mushy not learning anything as a captain? Why is he so defensive about his field placing? Why does he always releases pressure as a fielding captain while the opponent is under pressure? Why doesn't he take any responsibility for these team failures?

What is the role of SJ and the coaching staffs? How do they try to help the team under pressure situation? Why the fielders are dropping so many catches and who is accountable for that?

I feel everything is wrong with the national team. Something is very and very wrong inside. Unless we address those problems nothing will happen in a positive way. We are yet to see the worst part.
Old March 2, 2014, 04:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Gowza, I would like to apologize to you for the tone of my last post. However, the essence of what I should have said more politely remains.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2014, 04:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Gowza, I would like to apologize to you for the tone of my last post. However, the essence of what I should have said more politely remains.
I appreciate the apology. I just think there are better words to use for this defeat. Of course it is a very disappointing and demoralising one for us and players should be held accountable, that should happen with every defeat anyway. I'm actually fine and maybe even a little happy that mushy is calling people out, this business of not taking responsibility has been the BD culture for many years and it's actually really good to see that someone within that culture who has a meaningful position within it (and isn't just a foreigner either) is trying to make this change, it's long past it's due.
Old March 2, 2014, 04:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i didn't ask a question i was stating my opinion, if you disagree that's fine. i'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here. status to me is irrelevant, treat others how you would like to be treated, we can't complain when other teams (regardless of status) complain about the quality of BD cricket then turn around and do the same to other teams. we want to be treated with respect and i'm sure any team does.
No, there is a difference. When other countries say the same thing about Bangladesh - and again, not sure if anyone here complains about a Ponting or a Sehwag terming a loss to BD as "shameful" or "unacceptable" - they do so with malice and hatred. You've been on this forum and have followed BD cricket long enough to know that from England and Australia on down to Pakistan and Sri Lanka there are people who despise us and don't believe we have the right to breathe. Commentators in Australia acted like they'd never heard of Shakib. Forget what Boycott said, even Martin Crowe was all for the tiering business once he realized that BD/ZIM would get screwed. Like Israel in politics, Bangladesh cricket faces an existential threat that is continuous. No such threat exists for Afghanistan or New Zealand.

As a professional Mushy should be disappointed at losing be it to PNG or to India. Whats wrong with that?

And for the record, Mushy also mentioned SL. He didn't single out AFG. I see nothing wrong with his comment. Kudos to him for finally speaking up about the rot.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2014, 04:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I appreciate the apology. I just think there are better words to use for this defeat. Of course it is a very disappointing and demoralising one for us and players should be held accountable, that should happen with every defeat anyway. I'm actually fine a maybe even a little happy that mushy us calling people out, this business of not taking responsibility has been the BD culture for many years and it's actually really good to see that someone within that culture who has a meaningful position within it (and isn't just a foreigner either) is trying to make this change, it's long past it's due.
Care to explain how he tried to take the responsibilities here? What I understood by his reaction is he is blaming his team-mates.

Did he admit that he tried to give biased favor to his bro-in-law to be?
Did he admit that he failed to motivate the team?
Did he admit that he is clueless in setting appropriate field? He always releases pressure when the opponent is in pressure situation.

I do appreciate his commitment as an individual player. He gives more than 100%. But that doesn't take away his failure as a captain.
Old March 2, 2014, 04:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
No, there is a difference. When other countries say the same thing about Bangladesh - and again, not sure if anyone here complains about a Ponting or a Sehwag terming a loss to BD as "shameful" or "unacceptable" - they do so with malice and hatred. You've been on this forum and have followed BD cricket long enough to know that from England and Australia on down to Pakistan and Sri Lanka there are people who despise us and don't believe we have the right to breathe. Commentators in Australia acted like they'd never heard of Shakib. Forget what Boycott said, even Martin Crowe was all for the tiering business once he realized that BD/ZIM would get screwed. Like Israel in politics, Bangladesh cricket faces an existential threat that is continuous. No such threat exists for Afghanistan or New Zealand.

As a professional Mushy should be disappointed at losing be it to PNG or to India. Whats wrong with that?

And for the record, Mushy also mentioned SL. He didn't single out AFG. I see nothing wrong with his comment. Kudos to him for finally speaking up about the rot.
Yes I understand your point, you are spot on and for sure nothing wrong with being disappointed.
Old March 2, 2014, 04:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Care to explain how he tried to take the responsibilities here? What I understood by his reaction is he is blaming his team-mates.

Did he admit that he is clueless in setting appropriate field? He always releases pressure when the opponent is in pressure situation?

I do appreciate his commitment as an individual player. He gives more than 100%. But that doesn't take away his failure as a captain.
I'm not going to argue or disagree about his captaincy and yes he has his part to play in this but at least he is getting the message out there that responsibility must be taken. Captaincy aside he's taken responsibility as a batsman and no doubt this is the perspective from which he's said these words (not saying disregard his captaincy deficiencies but at least as a batsman he's responsible for the most part, he's a hard worker so hopefully he is working on the captaincy side of things).
Old March 2, 2014, 04:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I'm not going to argue or disagree about his captaincy and yes he has his part to play in this but at least he is getting the message out there that responsibility must be taken. Captaincy aside he's taken responsibility as a batsman and no doubt this is the perspective from which he's said these words (not saying disregard his captaincy deficiencies but at least as a batsman he's responsible for the most part, he's a hard worker so hopefully he is working on the captaincy side of things).
He has been leading the team for quite sometime now. We saw no signs of improvements and also he didnt try to show any interest in improving as a captain.
Old March 2, 2014, 05:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Good post, tanvir_nus.

But, despite his moronics we can´t afford to drop Razzak. Still our best SLA. For the time being I will play him instead of Amin. Zia and Rubel is enough. But, a decision with regards to Abdur Razzaks future should be made soon i.e..should he be in the plan for CWC 15 in Oz. Is he physically and mentally fit enough? We need to groom cricketers like Shabbir and Taskin keeping the CWC in mind. Even Shahadat should be part of the plan and should be helped to get back into shape and contention.

I still can´t believe a complete mug like Naeem is playing this tourney instead of Sabbir or anybody else. When will the BCB and the "think-tank" finally realise that this boy simply isn´t good enough? He lacks the basic techniques and understanding of the game and he never plays for the team. I sympathize with Mushy with the set of players he has been given. Our selectors or the management are as erratic or brain dead as our batsmen or the bowlers or the fielders or the captain. Whichever way you look at it..we have had it!
Old March 2, 2014, 05:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Got to feel for Mushy - he gives it his all very passionate cricketer for his country. He has been let down by some shockingly mediocre performance by a lot of the players; in particular in the last 7 LOI (both t20 and ODI) matches. Mushy is very right he cant spoon-feed them in all the departments of the game. Many of the players look bad/casual/lethargic and its very evident.

Last edited by Hasan2k8; March 2, 2014 at 07:58 AM..
Old March 2, 2014, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

We are at our lowest point.. we have nothing to lose now and everything to get..
Lets change the whole team except mushfiq.. we are anyhow playing like A team.. no harm trying our real A team..
Old March 2, 2014, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
But, despite his moronics we can´t afford to drop Razzak. Still our best SLA.

Even Shahadat should be part of the plan and should be helped to get back into shape and contention.
Say what ?
Let me ask again, Say whaaattt ????

You should retire as a fan if you are going to make comments like that!
Old March 2, 2014, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

No need of razzak when you have now sunny, after shakib comes back i don't see any point of keeping the dead wood.
Old March 2, 2014, 03:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

Did he admit that he is clueless in setting appropriate field? He always releases pressure when the opponent is in pressure situation.

Bingo !!!!

He need to see in the mirror and and ask those hard questions first. He has dual role, its not the individual player that is in question, its his role as a captain that's in question. He is quickly loosing his grip on the team as a captain and now he is playing the blame game.

more questions pointing to his decision making:

Why Al-Amin is not in the the team even he did pretty decent job against SL in 1st ODI? Whose decision is that ?

Are you happy with lazy fielding of Razzak? Why using his full quota when you had the choice to use few more overs with Nasir?

Why go defensive when we should go for more offensive in fielding with off-balance opponent?

Are you asking right field position based on opponent batsman's strength/weakness and based on bowling strategy?

Why Naaem is used so late and close to PP where we know he is not capable to take advantage of powerplay? Why not flexible with the batting order based on game situation?

Do you really think talking with the media and complaining against his own team players will either solve the problem, or help the team chemistry?

When you talk about non-performing players needs to go, how you rate your brother-in-law's performance before he was dropped? And why you still wanted him in the team instead of supporting the management for dropping him?
Old March 2, 2014, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
How did he disrespect AFG? Perhaps you should read the article again...

In fact I read somewhere the AFG skipper disrespecting Bangladesh by saying they dropped catches on purpose so they wouldn't crush us. And you know what, hats off to Nabi for saying that because he's not Sehwag. I applaud Nabi for having the balls to say that, even if its not true, and it most likely is. If Sehwag said it, I'd hate, but not Nabi because after 80 years, billions of dollars, and 1 billion people India still doesn't have a pacer like AFG's. ..
It wasn't the skipper, it was Stanikzai and he joked but he could afford to.
Old March 2, 2014, 08:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman
I hope u follow Bangladesh cricket team and watch their matches!! If u did than u would know who those greats are.
kayes's missed catch two times caused almost 20 extra runs in Afg score. pathetic. he should never been picked in the first place. ggggrrr Faruk ggrrr
Old March 5, 2014, 02:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

If I'm not wrong Afghan lost all three matches giving away bonus point,
so indeed it's a shameful loss.
Old March 5, 2014, 02:59 PM
Cricket Sage

When a loss is without any kind of shame?
Old March 5, 2014, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Shameful Captaincy and that was the problem.