facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2014, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
His most penetrative bowlers are Al Amin and Gazi.
And he didn't selected Al-Amin in the team for last 4 ODIs and we lost all of them. Al-Amin may not a great bowler yet, but according to your own admission, he is the best that that currently we have.

Can anybody explain why he is not in the team for last 4 ODis even though he did pretty decent job when he last played for us (1st ODI), Some reporter need to ask the queastion. yes he couldn't single handedly win a game for us. But why he is ignored? We deserve some explaination.

Last edited by Fazal; March 3, 2014 at 03:23 PM..

Old March 3, 2014, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Agree with fazal mama here. Sharpova 2.0 needs to go and al amin needs to come in. beside his bat comes swinging anyway not like rubel's tuk tuk out...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 3, 2014, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
For those arguing that Mushy's a defensive captain - and he is, I've complained about it too - he reallly doesn't have much choice. His most penetrative bowlers are Al Amin and Gazi. That should tell you the story. Look I could bowl my military medium pace all day with 7 slips and not even induce a single outside edge. The problem is we don't have the bowlers to justify setting an attacking field in Tests at least.

Our overall cultural and frot office issues will remain for a long while. If guys like mushfiq and shakib take over as selectors, scouts, etc then we will finally start to develop.
Attacking field doesn't mean 7 slips. he should have stop the singles and let them hit when afgan/sl where 6 and 8 down. instead he let them take singles settle down and then got into their trap as all they wanted to go to over 40 and we let them.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 3, 2014, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Shakib reminds of Imran Khan little bit and the similarity is also obvious:

PROS

- Our most talented and consistent player to date in terms of natural ability and cricket sense.

- A born winner. He hates losing and can elevate both his game and on-field tactics to win.

- Holds non-performers accountable, often harshly.

I want to go with the one with "winner" mindset. I watched each and every game he played in West Indies and concluded he is by FAR the best cricket captain we have had so far. It is also too much to ask so much from the captains. Afterall they are players and playing the game as it goes. It is hard for anyone to work on strategy, keeping trcak of bowling quota/economy rate so on so forth. That's why we have coaches. It is coaches who should be a lot more proactive. After watching college football and NFL, my eyes opened up how much difference a coach can make.

In conclusion, I want to see Shakib leads the team, who is head and shoulder above Mushy in terms of cricket acumen. And I want a new set of coaching staff to help the captain out. We need specialized coaches in Jamie Siddons, Julien Fountain, someone like Ian Pont. As a head coach, we need someone very senior and an accomplished coach like Dav Whatmore, Steve Waugh or Gary Kirsten. Money should not be a problem for BCB. There are plenty of sponsors and there will more once we put the right resources for our team.
Old March 3, 2014, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
And he didn't selected Al-Amin in the team for last 4 ODIs and we lost all of them. Al-Amin may not a great bolwer yet, bit according to your own admission, he is the best that that currently we have.

Can anybody explain why he is not in the team for last 4 ODis even though he did pretty decent job when he last played for us (1st ODI), Some reporter need to ask the queastion. yes he couldn't single handedly win a game for us. But why he is ignored? We deserve some explaination.
Absolutely right. Al amin did very well against SL, econ was under 3 for the most part. Why they dripped him makes no sense. I guess they could fit him in between Rubel and Zia. Probably Rubel needs to be dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Attacking field doesn't mean 7 slips. he should have stop the singles and let them hit when afgan/sl where 6 and 8 down. instead he let them take singles settle down and then got into their trap as all they wanted to go to over 40 and we let them.
Againsy AFG mushu actually had a packed ring for first 40 overs which is why singles were stopped and their RR was only 3.5. We lost the game primarily because we batted like morons, esp Nasir. Death bowling was the secondary cause of the loss but we should have chased 255 no question. But credit to AFG they bowled very well.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 3, 2014, 03:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Rubel needs a partner and that can be Al-Amin. Shakib can bowl either with Razzak or Sunny.
Old March 4, 2014, 01:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Just because someone is the combination of a good, consistent, and enthusiastic player by our mediocre standards doesn't mean he's captaincy material. I've shared my opinion of what a captain must do in my initial post. I honestly don't see why or how some folks have come to believe that Mashrafee, even if he weren't injury-prone and therefore out of contention, or Nasir or Shourobh can be good captains as per those requirements. Careless conjecture and wishful thinking utterly devoid of thought or reality.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 4, 2014, 09:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We have a bowler in the side whose career economy rate is 4.83. I am talking about Zia. Mushy is not using him and using Shafiul who is getting hammered consistently. This is ridiculous.
Old March 4, 2014, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We have a bowler in the side whose career economy rate is 4.83. I am talking about Zia. Mushy is not using him and using Shafiul who is getting hammered consistently. This is ridiculous.
What's the point of having Zia if you don't bowl him at all?
Ridiculous.
Old March 4, 2014, 11:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

slower accurate bowling ALWAYS does wonder. ALWAYS. Back in the days it was Hadlee. He lost considerable amount of pace after injury but could swing it. If Zia, Robiul, Nazmul are not used in these type of pressure condition, it is an oversight for mgmt.
Old March 4, 2014, 11:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I've said it once and I'll say it again and again, and again some more. Mushfiq's brain-dead captaincy would cost us many, Many, MANY games. He's our best batsman, bar none, and managed to motivate our top order into batting as a cohesive unit for the first time in our history. Sadly though, international cricket also involves bowling and fielding, especially taking tough catches under pressure. The one he dropped was not tough.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 4, 2014, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I think his field placements were fine. The fielders were in the right area and he attacked the new batsman.

But i think he should have given an over or two to zia as well as taken razzak off the attack when he was going for runs.
Old March 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Last time Rahim submitted 4 names who had bad body language in the field.

This time who will be in his list?

I saw Rahim dropped an easy catch in critical moment and camera was showing he was crying (atleast his face looked that). Is the captain cry in the field while the game is still in the rope, what his team his supposed to do?

This time, will his own name will be in his list? Papon offered open door policy to Rahim and coach. Will he submit the new list?

I am not talking the fighter batsman Rahim here, I am talking the other phase of the game, the captain Rahim when his team is fielding.
Old March 4, 2014, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Last time Rahim submitted 4 names who had bad body language in the field.

This time who will be in his list?

I saw Rahim dropped an easy catch in critical moment and camera was showing he was crying (atleast his face looked that). Is the captain cry in the field while the game is still in the rope, what his team his supposed to do?

This time, will his own name will be in his list? Papon offered open door policy to Rahim and coach. Will he submit the new list?

I am not talking the fighter batsman Rahim here, I am talking the other phase of the game, the captain Rahim when his team is fielding.

But that catch was very crucial.. and he is not a regular fielder. Without his gloves after letting that catch drop in the pressure situation he got nervous..

But he is one of the most dedicated player in the current bangladesh team. If papon wants to question him he should come in the field and play himself..
Old March 4, 2014, 12:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
But that catch was very crucial.. and he is not a regular fielder. Without his gloves after letting that catch drop in the pressure situation he got nervous..

But he is one of the most dedicated player in the current bangladesh team. If papon wants to question him he should come in the field and play himself..
but then why cry like a baby in the field while the game is still going on? He is the one who is complain about other player's body language? What kind of positive body language is that?

Eventually the team follows the captain's traits. What what is going to happen when they (any player) drop another catch? Sobai Gola Jora jori kore Gono Kanna kadbe?

There is no crying in cricket. ( stealing it from baseball qoute)

btw historically speaking a wicket keeper is supposed to be a better catcher wheather he is playying in his wk role or as a regular fielder.
Old March 4, 2014, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I never was a wicket keeper when I played a bit of club-cricket but I can atleast say that most keepers don't always find it easy to take Skiers without gloves.

Now, if it was a case of Mushfiq having plenty of experience as a normal fielder, we could have criticised him. Anamul for example is one you can criticise if he misfields because he is not always with the gloves(and is actually an excellent fielder). Mushfiq has been the keeper in almost every match for the last 8-9 years. Remember, he was initially in the side because of his keeping.

Its kind of like asking a part timer to bowl during crunch scenarios. So i will excuse Mushfiq for the drop.