facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2012, 09:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Not sure this thread is appropriate for Bangladesh cricket fans....We are anything but fair weather fans. Over a decade of ineptitude, heartbreak and humiliation. Yet match after match, the stands are full...people jabber away on the internet, and take to the streets after rare victories.

Sure, we curse them when they disappoint us, and each of us have declared..."That's it, I'm done, I no longer care".

But once the opening salvo of a fixture has been delivered, we find ourselves, once again drawn in. Promising to feed the poor, pray for the next month, or to never ask for anything again....if we just win this ONCE.

No, no question of us not being there for the bad times...because, the bad times are what we've grown up watching, and they are what make the good times oh so sweet, and the knowledge that with Bangladesh cricket, the bad times are always just a day away.
Exactly bro, you might find fans like that for india/england and other "big teams" but no fairweather fan is gonna spend hours posting on forum or following cricket at 2 am living outside BD while your team is expected to lose. So you can't really call anyone here fairweather fans.

Old March 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

ever since 2009 T20 WC, ive followed, each and every match of bangladesh

ive skipped coachings just to watch the boyz play
Old March 21, 2012, 10:02 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

We had more bad times than good times and most of us stuck by our team. Yes, we shouted and stuff (and they deserved it), but we never deserted the team.

Go Tigers!!!
Old March 21, 2012, 10:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

BC members are the most passionate Tiger's fans. On my meeting with BK bhai, he said that he and MoC bhai would get BD A team's match update in SA by calling some nearby store and asking the clerk to look at the scoreboard. That was just an A team and for that they stayed up all night and called some unknown stores in SA. They would then update the score in BC where other people would be eagerly waiting.

Now imagine the passion for national team.
Old March 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I've following BC (in fact all int cricket) since Akram Khan's Australasia cup tour in Gulf when dish (antenna) network starts evolved in BD. I've waited long to keep peeking on those big number of dissapointing, harrassing, humiliating matches and series. I'll be allways shout for/against them till my win hunger never satisfy.
Old March 21, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What F6T said.
Old March 21, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
Bad times ?? Last 10 years a amra je kharap somoy kataichi tar cheye to ar kharap somoy ashbe na . So tokhono jehetu die hard support korchi inshaalah future ao aki rokom support korbo.
Very well said.I am watching Bangladesh cricket since 1988.I am with the team for last 24 years so hoping that I ll be with Bangladesh Cricket till Death.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Bad Times! What have we had before? Good times? Series after series...disappointment after disappointment... and all of a sudden such a condescending thread!
Old March 21, 2012, 12:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I think posting on BC is a bit of a biased way of measuring a fan. Sadly, I've mostly been a leecher of discussions and not an active participant. If I didn't support BD through thick and thin, would I still be watching them? Once you lose interest in a team's performance, it's hard to bring that enthusiasm back... unless its your real passion... in which case, you never really left in the first place.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Bad Times! What have we had before? Good times? Series after series...disappointment after disappointment... and all of a sudden such a condescending thread!
i agree with this.. timing of thread is very poor as well. no offense to thread opener
Old March 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I think I get more involved when we get thrashed.

Reading some of the BC members post above I think some of you misunderstood(or may be I misunderstood ) maa o mati bhai, he didn't mention BC members in his post, may be he meant fans in general.
I agree that there are fans ( not in BC I guess) in BD who don't show up usually,but whenever we win they show up and pretend to be die hard Tiger fans yelling " ami jantam ekdin amra parboi" bla bla bla. ar kharap khellei bole "ami cricket dekhina,eshob looser der khela ke dekhe"
I don't like this kind of passion.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think I get more involved when we get thrashed.

Reading some of the BC members post above I think some of you misunderstood(or may be I misunderstood ) maa o mati bhai, he didn't mention BC members in his post, may be he meant fans in general.
I agree that there are fans ( not in BC I guess) in BD who don't show up usually,but whenever we win they show up and pretend to be die hard Tiger fans yelling " ami jantam ekdin amra parboi" bla bla bla. ar kharap khellei bole "ami cricket dekhina,eshob looser der khela ke dekhe"
I don't like this kind of passion.

I felt the thread started with good intentions, but was starting to alienate people by equating posts on BC to amount of support for the team. Thats the part I have objection to. Otherwise, I completely agree with your post... shubidhabadi supporters will always exist.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayef
I felt the thread started with good intentions, but was starting to alienate people by equating posts on BC to amount of support for the team. Thats the part I have objection to. Otherwise, I completely agree with your post... shubidhabadi supporters will always exist.
hmm,shetai,amio sure na.
odike maa o mati bhai thread khuila nijei ghumaya porlo.
Arey bhai eshey ektu clear koren.
Ar bad times maney apni ki mean korchen shetao ektu porishkar korle bhalo hoto.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Posts in BD is ofcourse not equal to any fan's passion. I used to follow BC but joined it much later. There are many more passionate fans in BD.

I had a neighbor, a boro bhai type. Back in late 90s. He didn't had dish back then and used to stand by theSony or Rangs TV Showroom store and watch the match from outside. He would stand for hours and hours and watch the match with no sound at all.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

i will always be there...and last year when Bangladesh was getting beat up against Pakistan in the 1st test, i was the only one in BC chat and in the forum. Also some one (i forgot who) asked me in chat, U still here? and i replied with a paragraph saying that this is the only Bangladesh team i have, so i will always be there for my team.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Nope, I won't be there on our bad times. That is true mostly when the bad times are caused by brain farts. I will back the team throughout the time. But I see no reason to come here and post how pi$$ed I am about that last brain fart. I find it more useful to celebrate a win.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Im sorry but LMAO @ #40
Old March 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Fan who never criticize the bad performance is no fan at all. The cricketers are paid loads of money to perform that's why we are fans, the minimum we expect is to 'fight till the end', not the "oh we played best but opposition was really good" speech from captain.

Bangladeshis started demanding things from cricketers of-late and that's one of the reasons young players selected and performed well because they know that fans expect this.