facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2012, 08:52 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
BDFlag Dedication to improve one's skills

There are players who made others to adapt to them. For example, no one ever really contained Bradman except for the immoral Bodyline attack of 1932-33. He happily murdered any bowler that was unfortunate to bowl to him. Even he used to practice his craft to keep his edge. We have many naturally-gifted players in the Bangladesh team. But, having watched them over the years, I have not seen any batsman really working hard on correcting a particular weakness. They keep on getting out playing the same shot over and over again.

I hope they read the CI article A cricketer most evolved. I don't particularly like Dravid, but his dedication is unquestionable. Whenever bowlers found a weakness in his batting, he worked hours and hours to overcome it. When will we have some players with such dedication?

Old March 19, 2012, 09:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
There are players who made others to adapt to them. For example, no one ever really contained Bradman except for the immoral Bodyline attack of 1932-33. He happily murdered any bowler that was unfortunate to bowl to him. Even he used to practice his craft to keep his edge. We have many naturally-gifted players in the Bangladesh team. But, having watched them over the years, I have not seen any batsman really working hard on correcting a particular weakness. They keep on getting out playing the same shot over and over again.

I hope they read the CI article A cricketer most evolved. I don't particularly like Dravid, but his dedication is unquestionable. Whenever bowlers found a weakness in his batting, he worked hours and hours to overcome it. When will we have some players with such dedication?
No offense but do you just not like dravid or only his batting style? I am not a fan of Indian team but Dravid is among my all time favorites.. if there ever was a true team man then it has to be dravid. He has proved you can be among the greatest without being massively talented.. his dedication is matched by very few.
Old March 20, 2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
No offense but do you just not like dravid or only his batting style? I am not a fan of Indian team but Dravid is among my all time favorites.. if there ever was a true team man then it has to be dravid. He has proved you can be among the greatest without being massively talented.. his dedication is matched by very few.
Shuja bhai Dravid key irsha korey karom we lack a Dravid in our team!
Old March 20, 2012, 12:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

MahmudUllah Riyad is our Dravid on Domestic cricket

works really hard once he is dropped, i still remember he blasted like three centuries in a row back in late 2008 after being dropped. every time he is dropped he really sets domestic league on fire with his bat.
Old March 21, 2012, 10:10 AM

I would love him in my team, but I don't like him...

Just personal preference, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
Old March 21, 2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Shuja bhai Dravid key irsha korey karom we lack a Dravid in our team!
You are absolutely right. At the risk of bringing Ash in this thread, Dravid is anti-Ash, Both from talent and hard-work perspective.