facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 8, 2011, 07:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Default Bhutto on Bin Laden

http://

Old May 9, 2011, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Her having a slip-of-tongue when instead she probably meant one of the numerous other bin-Ladens is definitely not a possibility.

Edit: She actually most likely means Daniel Pearl, the American journalist who was beheaded in Pakistan.
Old May 10, 2011, 07:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

and how the video cut short right after she stopped talking because i am sure the reporter either asked her about that or she corrected her self... this is called yellow J...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 10, 2011, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

BCF, are you actually insinuating without saying that the whole episode from May 1 was a hoax?
Old May 10, 2011, 05:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Well, I'm of the opinion that Laden was taken out at the outset of American led invasion of Afghanistan. Therefore, it is not entirely impossible that 'the whole episode from May 1' was staged. And Allah knows best.

Without going into particulars it is suffice to say that much bigger events than this have been staged before. As Napoleon rightly said that 'history is written by the victors' I chose not to accept their accounts of events unquestionably. As a "free" man we all should be afforded that right -right? Or you rather I tag along the official lines put forward by our benevolent governments to keep everyone happy and comfortable? What happened to the whole culture of dissidents or dissent?
Old May 10, 2011, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Notwithstanding the acknowledgements from elements of al Qaida, the recent videos released, the reports coming out on the statements from his family you can still assert with a straight face that OBL was taken care of at the onset of the Afghan invasion? Oh wait - did the US and al Qaida jointly collude to create this fictional event?

And what bigger events do you think have been staged - 911? The moon landing? The holocaust? (god forbid least I am labelled a Zionist). It is fine and dandy to be cognizant of the fact that governments often do manipulate news and events to serve their own self-interests but when one subscribes to ridiculous views (sorry to be harsh here), I look on in amusement and bemusement.

I apologize but I needed to say this and I do say this in my capacity as a lay member here. Given the other thread went south rapidly and this too may be headed this way, I shall refrain from posting here further.

Other mods may take appropriate actions if needed (I am recusing myself here).
Old May 10, 2011, 08:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Notwithstanding the acknowledgements from elements of al Qaida, the recent videos released, the reports coming out on the statements from his family you can still assert with a straight face that OBL was taken care of at the onset of the Afghan invasion? Oh wait - did the US and al Qaida jointly collude to create this fictional event?

And what bigger events do you think have been staged - 911? The moon landing? The holocaust? (god forbid least I am labelled a Zionist). It is fine and dandy to be cognizant of the fact that governments often do manipulate news and events to serve their own self-interests but when one subscribes to ridiculous views (sorry to be harsh here), I look on in amusement and bemusement.

I apologize but I needed to say this and I do say this in my capacity as a lay member here. Given the other thread went south rapidly and this too may be headed this way, I shall refrain from posting here further.

Other mods may take appropriate actions if needed (I am recusing myself here).
Zunaid bhai, I don't wish to open up a can of worms, but I think that all possibilities are possible until its proven impossible. For example, until it was proven that the area of a circle is equal to πr^2, it would not be possible to say to with absolute certainty (i.e choker andaaj) that its NOT 3r^2 or 4r^2.

I hope that skepticism toward all pronouncements from all governments (and sub-national entities like AQ) are encouraged. I heavily disagree with Richard Dawkins that religious fervor has killed more people than any other set of ideas since patriotism has directly killed and continues to out-kill all religious nutjobs combined.

For the record, I did not put it beyond the Obama administration to use this news as a political stunt until AQ themselves confirmed it (and I am aware that the true skeptic will doubt even that).

I think everyone draws their own lines as to what is reasonable doubt and what is not, and this is just my personal standard.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 10, 2011, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Agree ALF - a healthy dose of skepticism. I therefore do not acknowledge your existence. You are a figment of my imagination. Be, and the world is. For me.

Let us quickly depart this thread and move on to your ranking thread.
Old May 11, 2011, 08:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Agree ALF - a healthy dose of skepticism. I therefore do not acknowledge your existence. You are a figment of my imagination. Be, and the world is. For me.

rankings. now we're talking.

unfortunately i lost some work. the ODI tables can be done apace...so far just 2 series, but when i was collecting back data for the Tests, i accidentally left it on my desktop at home. i have an email backup, but only has 25% of my progress. nonetheless, i hope to get it out in the next few weeks.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 11, 2011, 08:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:

Its better to depart and not comment on this thread. You are right. No point arguing this case.
Old May 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
Street Cricketer

o come on all the poli knw where bin laden was. he was killed just to direct attention to other direction from revolution in arab world. or by the way may be he wasn't a bin laden. he was somebody else in plastic surgery. ha ha ha ha ha
Old May 15, 2011, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

The other day I was reading some dude lead prayers in Pakistan's parliament for OBL.

That country seriously needs a jutar bari. No offense to any Pakistani out there but if you love your country I am sure you'll agree its in their best interest.

Every time I see Pakistan in news, I thank God we broke from that hell and thank again for putting the thickest part of India between us.
Old May 15, 2011, 05:27 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
The other day I was reading some dude lead prayers in Pakistan's parliament for OBL.

That country seriously needs a jutar bari. No offense to any Pakistani out there but if you love your country I am sure you'll agree its in their best interest.

Every time I see Pakistan in news, I thank God we broke from that hell and thank again for putting the thickest part of India between us.
agreed 100%
Old May 16, 2011, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Old May 16, 2011, 01:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Old May 16, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru