facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 1, 2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

Default Bangladesh to negotiate $1 billion gas pipeline.

Quote:
Leasing Myanmar lands for farming proposed
Dhaka agrees to negotiate tri-nation gas pipeline

5/1/2007

Bangladesh has agreed to negotiate the much-talked-about tri-nation pipeline passing through the country's territory for transmission of gas from Myanmar into India -- one of a priority option New Delhi is tossing about to meet their huge energy needs, reports UNB.
"We agree to negotiate for allowing the pipeline if Myanmar sells gas and India agrees to buy…We'll obtain best possible advantage through negotiations -- we'll get revenue," Foreign Affairs Adviser Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury told reporters after his return from Myanmar.
Iftekhar Chowdhury, who clinched a deal on cross-border road linking Dhaka and Yangon during the tour, said the tri-nation pipeline issue came up during his meetings with Myanmar leaders, including acting Prime Minister Thein Sein, in the Myanmar capital.
According to a previous estimate, Bangladesh was to receive $ 100 million to $ 120 million as transmission charge or "willing charge" annually for the 950-km pipeline.
To install the pipeline, a sum of one billion US dollars was estimated to be invested -- $ 650 million was to be invested in Bangladesh part.
However, the previous BNP-led alliance government put three conditions to allow the drawing of the proposed pipeline: Bangladesh's passage to export its products to Nepal and Bhutan through India, reduction of Dhaka's trade deficit with New Delhi and allowing the import of electricity from Nepal and Bhutan crossing over the Indian territory.
However, there had not been any fruitful negotiations between India and Bangladesh on the tri-nation pipeline. Consequently, Myanmar signed agreement with China to sell out its gas.
Recently, the issue of tri-nation gas pipeline again came up as a reference at the Delhi meeting on regional cooperation in energy sector.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh has proposed to lease patches of lands from Myanmar for farming in a bid to meet the growing demand of a teeming population for food and other agricultural products.
The leasehold price per acre of land has been proposed at US $ 8.0 to US $ 25.
The proposal was made during the official talks between Foreign Affairs Adviser Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury and his Myanmar counterpart Nyan Win.
"It still remained at the rudimentary stage," the adviser told reporters at the Foreign Ministry Monday, after his return from Yangon where the two neighbouring countries signed a deal for building a cross-border road.
Briefing on the outcome of the meeting, Chowdhury said border trade, delimitation of maritime boundary with Myanmar and repatriation of the Rohingya refugees figured prominently during the meeting.
Both sides have agreed to set up a Joint Commission at the Foreign Minister level to discuss all these bilateral issues between the two close neighbours, he said.
About the direct road link between Bangladesh and Myanmar, the adviser said the two sides initialed a draft agreement to construct a 25-kilo metre road from Guandhum in Cox's Bazar to Baulibazar in Myanmar with the funding from Bangladesh government.
He said a formal agreement would be signed after completing some procedural matters by the two governments.
Communications Secretary Mahbubur Rahman, who initialed the draft agreement, told the reporters that it would take another year to start the construction while the road would be completed in three years at an estimated cost of US$ 20.20 million.
The foreign adviser said the proposed road would also connect Bangladesh with Thailand and China through Myanmar.

http://www.financialexpress-bd.com/i...=59911&spcl=no

Old May 2, 2007, 03:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Good initiatives from CTG. we really should open the door towards east and some link to china, thailand. the BNP govt was unsuccesfull to negotiate for the gas pipeline issue over three preconditions, but still i think we should negotiate for atleast passage to nepal and bhutan for trading as well as investing/importing electricity from nepal (hydropower). if we get these along with the normal deal for gas pipeline..i would say we have gained in dealings.
Old May 2, 2007, 10:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bhai Foreign Affairs Adviser Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury,
mathatey ki kono bhudhi nai? Khali profit'er kotha chinta korley to desh/company'er unnoti hobey na.

Instead of revenue why not negociate water? What's the other name of Water? Can you spell it out for me? Yes, almost there. "Gi bon". We have the right to have it. Why not ask them to remove the few dams. There are 27 major waterways coming into our country via India. All 27 of them have a dam near our border. Some are legal some are illegal (international laws - too close to an international border). Get those illegal ones be removed once for all.

Unless you have a plan to build dams on our side next to theirs with the revenue you will earn.
Old May 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Instead of revenue why not negociate water? What's the other name of Water? Can you spell it out for me?
ফ আকার ফা, ন রশ্শিকার নি...ফুরা কৌতে গেলত ইডারে কয় ফানি। ইডা কলশি তে কৌরা মাইয়া রা নদির ফার থিক্কা লৌয়া আহে। আইন্ন ইডার বানান জাইনতন ন?
Old May 2, 2007, 11:25 AM
Cricket Sage

I hope its a good news, because money wise its a significant flow of money in future.

But when it involes our Chotto Bhai, I feel uncomfortable. I hope we will do all the due process so that we understand the rules and regulation of the contract that we are signing. Once done, if its not properly done (i.e. have loophole for diffferent interpretation), we will be opening the can of warms and compromise our national security ofr future.

We all know how our Boro Bhai deals with these contracts when its involved energyand natural resource (Middle East, South Ameirca) and opening up border (Panama, South America, Mexico) that somehow can be linked with Boro Bhai-er national security, eveything can be a fair game for them in near future. Pre-emtive stike can be justified (??) to protect Bhaijan-er khayesh i.e. national interest.

Now Choto Bhaizan may not be as big and powerful as Boro Bhaizan, but still he is big enough to make our life miserable.

Thats my only concern, without knowing what we are signing into for future.
Old October 27, 2010, 08:30 AM
Banned

It's strange to me. If Bush is so concerned about Iran having nuclear arms (even though they can't prove this), then why is he totally OK with North Korea not only having them but detonating them?

NK is a country ruled by a madman as well, the difference being they have openly defied Bush by firing test missiles into the sea. Yet there is no outrage or threats when they do this.

If you ask me [].. Bush is just itching for any excuse to go into Iran. Like you say the 'evidence' for WMDs in Iraq was a complete lie, and just an excuse to go into the country. This is no different.

It's sad really, because I can see the gullible majority falling for their BS all over again.

Last edited by Zunaid; October 27, 2010 at 08:48 AM..
Old October 27, 2010, 08:46 AM
Administrator

A. Off topic post.

B. Bush is no longer the president.

C. Did you just wake up after a rip van winkle sleep?
Old October 27, 2010, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Spammers are getting more creative
Old October 27, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hhahahahah...Dr Zed chacha, I know this Ashiqur...miah pura adha pagol, walks nude in the grocerie store aar bir bir kore aar nijey nijey kotha koi!!
Old October 27, 2010, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hhahahahah...Dr Zed chacha, I know this Ashiqur...miah pura adha pagol, walks nude in the grocerie store aar bir bir kore aar nijey nijey kotha koi!!
OH! Are you sure dada? Time machine invent kore 2007 theke 2010 a aisa pore nai to? kono ek bikkhato bangali scientist mone hochche amar kache.
Old October 27, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

LMAO. Legendary post by ashiqur.
Old October 27, 2010, 01:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

He is a spammer. ki ekta website promote kortesilo. Boss edit kore diyese. beta chalak ache.
Old October 27, 2010, 01:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
He is a spammer. ki ekta website promote kortesilo. Boss edit kore diyese. beta chalak ache.
BTW the thread about Bangla Brigade opened by 'Tj' also fell into that catagory I presume?
Old October 27, 2010, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
BTW the thread about Bangla Brigade opened by 'Tj' also fell into that catagory I presume?
Nope. Ei beta chinese shopping website na ki jeno promote korte ashche.. brigade one is different.
Old November 6, 2010, 08:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I'm all in favour of providing what India needs and get what we need from them. We really need a good deal on transits & Transshipments in every direction through India. Just put a levy/tarrif on the goods passing through. We will benefit because India will always transit more goods than we do.