facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 28, 2010, 09:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Duh. Ok i see your point, thanks for explaining, makes sense now

Old October 28, 2010, 09:28 AM
Administrator

But on the other hand - how would we feel if someone proposes to build a Pakistan Cultural Center say near the Polashi junction. Would we take umbrage? Should we?
Old October 28, 2010, 09:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Two very very different incidents though. A particular nation waged genocide in the country, and hence A pakistani cultural center (not an islamic one mind you) near the vicinity of polashi would really be horrible. However, the 9/11 attackers were not representative of islam in any way. I would be pissed if a Saudi cultural center was built nearby
Old October 28, 2010, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
However, the 9/11 attackers were not representative of islam in any way.
I think they were as representative of Islam as the Pakistani army was of Pakistani culture - i.e. not representative at all. It was the Pakistani government and not its culture that initiated and went through with the genocide. It was an army of misled Jihadis (conspiracy theories aside) and not the words of the Quran that led to 9/11.

In any case, I believe the world needs a dictator who will *whip* war - and hate - mongers and ensure that people of all colors and faiths can prosper and procreate under the same roof in harmony. There should really only be one nation - called Earth. I dream of that day and will not live to see it.

Then again, one could argue that God is that dictator, assuming heaven and hell are masses within the Universe as we (don't) know it. Atheists will disagree, but the dictator wouldn't whip them - because he is/will be one tolerant son of a gun. Or maybe he would. I'm not really a fortune teller. All I know is I wouldn't.
Old October 28, 2010, 01:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hahahahahah...super Danilkaa no doubt!

When Pakistani government and their army waged genocide and mass murder against the civilians of now Bangladesh, the diplomats and government of Pakistan portrayed the war of 1971 as a war of protecting and restoring 'Islam' in an Islamic land that they(the Pakistani Goverment) saw as gone impure and thus lesser of human beings than them what happenned then? The whole Islamic world sent CASH, food and aid to Pakistan to buy more ammos and weapons so that they can fund these war while killing/cleaning a few more Bangalies. Who else gave them money and weapons to iradicate us (our democracy and our human souls, flesh don't mean sh!t to us) - It was China and the United States of America. It was the Nixon government and Kissinger that sent the 7th Fleet in the Bay of Benglal ready to aid the Pakistani Army to kill more of us in that year of 1971. There is no denying in that. If India and the Soviet Union succesfully threatened and scared the Washington/Pentagon to back off a lot more of us today would just be old memory/dead! Today we tend to forget those days and what the Indo-Soviet meant for us. Also do not forget that USA got directly involved in helping restore Islam in a country where slaughtering is going on against it's innocent people. Narrowsightedness has extreme negetive effect...Karma is a B!tch!

Today I am an American, I am first a Bangladeshi and then an American. And I am still a proud American. I am proud of the Americans that paved the way for me, that helped me make my journey, my education, my service to this country. I am grateful to Rosa Park, Rev. Dr. King, Malcolm-X, Elija Mohammed, John F. Kennedy, Teddy Kennedy, Edward Kenney, Abe Lincoln, Frederick Law Holmstead, Dr. Howard Dean, Michael Bloomberg, Jimmey Carter, William Clinton, Barack Obama and many more for wht they did before and as a result today I am here.

There is no denial that the major chunk of the American society today are backward, ignorant, blind and hypocrite and this majority believe in a and practice a culture that is devoid of basic hamun intelligence, conscience, logic and needless to say it (this majority of my fellow unfortunate and unenlightened Americans) encourages and glorify stupidity and sheer stupidy, our defintion of shame and our sense of decency has been severely distorted here in our American society. But it always been like this....we were dillusional to think we as Americans were going in the right direction just form the prosperous 90s and Clinton era. We always had a majority and maybe it is that so called 70% amreicans that they talk about opposing the Islamic Center at the Century 21 building in downtown Manhattan, to go for segregation, seperation, racial boundary, hatred, gay bashing, Moslem bashing, Mexican hating, Negro hating, women hating, Jew hating, Oriental hating, Japanese rounding upin a concentration camp and so on. We were like this, just like now, back in the 30's and 40's beating up jews and raping jewish women in LA and no police wopuld even take the report right when we brag about saving the Polish and German jews in Europe, we talk about equality here in a country when Rosa Park, a American born on this land and whose ancestors did not come here by their choice@ could not seat in the front of the bus and use public restrooms not meant for 'Colored' people. Slavery was abolished a long time ago, in the late 1860s and we are talking about 1960s 100 years later. In the 1940s in Europe the Yskeegee men (the first african amrican figher pilots squardon/brigade?? in the U.S. Air Force were doing heroics in the sky of Europe and their family and relatives were still picking cotton and segregated in the south and mid-west and pretty much in the rest of country as well.

I am still proud to be that American, part of that fortunate 30% enlightened Americans that still feel proud of this government, nation and public system. It's pure and simple, I don't give a damn about those tea-baggers, hate mongers, arizona border closers, haters! America and everry entity/organization has flaws, democracy has flaws, it is right here in front of our eyes, but we should never give up. We wishall fight Al-Quida, Taliban establishment, Wahabis hate spreading, the American right-wingers, teh terroristas, the vampire blood-sucking corporations, the mal-pracitsing energy/oil companies and the conservative haters, the tea bagging tea-party people all simultaniously with one hand!

And also you all know where I live! So bring it on you right-wingers! Wire-tap me, put me in Gntmo! Send me back to Havana, Castro Miguel Manuel! I jus have this to say to the 70% fools, Kiss my colored rebel ess!

USA Number 1 Forever! 24/7

Last edited by bujhee kom; October 28, 2010 at 02:09 PM..
Old October 28, 2010, 03:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
USA Number 1 Forever! 24/7
I think that might be the source of the problem...

Its hard to be aware of all USA frailties and contribution of world problems and still in straight face support this government and the institution that it leads (it makes absolutely no difference if its a republican or democrat government).

The idea that USA is the best the world has to offer is no longer the truth and has not been true for some time now.

To me, nationalism and jingoism is similar to extreme religiousness. Its a mental desease.

Like AsifTheManRahman, I support no single nation. I am citizen of this planet, that is the only truth. Borders/cultures/religions are human created artifacts used to divide one from another. Unfortunately as a minority on this worldview I am bound by these artifacts, doesn't mean I have to support/accept these artifacts.
Old October 28, 2010, 06:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
You've totally lost me here, how is this unrelated? Why have competing centers of honor when one that is trying to be as much "universal" as possible would/should suffice? Why bring religion unless you want to create a jewish center, a muslim center, a hindu center, an atheist center etc?

There is a muktijuddha memorial center in dhaka where I go time to time to learn more about the liberation war and the atrocities committed during event.It's the biggest and most authoritative source of info and great place to pay your respects. I havent seen a muslim or a hindu muktijuddho jadughor although hundreds of thousands of Bangladeshi hindus died during the war as well.

Let's take religion out of this. But i guess its way too politicized for that already as it has become an us vs them battle.

For the record, it's not only right wingers and islamophobes who are perplexed by this center, and I have also seen many devout christians who are for this center as well.
I am going to kind of reiterate what the Doc said.

There is a need for an "islamic" center both to counter the "wahhabi" interpretation of islam and also the Neocon-islamophobe axis which wishes to hold muslims and only muslims as the only religious group who are guilty until proven innocent.

the unfortunate fact remains that people associate Islam with the WTC, and thus muslims have a real need for something to explain our religion, which is not well understood even by the majority of muslims themselves, to say nothing of non-believers. a lot of genuinely good people simply don't know any better and fall victim to the hate-mongering of FOX News, etc.

had people associated atheism with the 9/11 attacks it would be reasonable to expect the atheist community to try and defend their image, especially when there lives and livlihoods depend on it.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 28, 2010, 06:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Two very very different incidents though. A particular nation waged genocide in the country, and hence A pakistani cultural center (not an islamic one mind you) near the vicinity of polashi would really be horrible. However, the 9/11 attackers were not representative of islam in any way. I would be pissed if a Saudi cultural center was built nearby
very true.

however technically the hijackers didn't represent KSA either..they merely represented AQ or whatever group/org funded and trained them.

had they represented KSA, they would have been kissing US butt, not killing 3000 innocent people.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 29, 2010, 03:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

just to clarify, there really is no atheist community and there really is no atheist representative. I feel no particular kinship to someone who professes to be an atheist. Hence even if the terrorists claimed to represebt atheists in any way which is a silly concept, i wouldnt be building an atheist center to defend global atheism. That being said, i fully understand the reasoning behind the islamic center now, but havent made up my mind whether i agree with it personally

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old October 30, 2010, 12:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
just to clarify, there really is no atheist community and there really is no atheist representative. I feel no particular kinship to someone who professes to be an atheist. Hence even if the terrorists claimed to represebt atheists in any way which is a silly concept, i wouldnt be building an atheist center to defend global atheism. That being said, i fully understand the reasoning behind the islamic center now, but havent made up my mind whether i agree with it personally

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
just throwing out an example...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cricket Savant

I always think Christiane Amonpure as a very elegant and beautiful, attractive lady!
Old October 30, 2010, 01:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Top notch posts from bujhee_kom and Blah.
Old October 30, 2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

'Tony Blair's sister-in-law has converted to Islam after having what she describes as a "holy experience" during a visit to Iran'. - It seems to me another well concocted propaganda like 'Mike Tyson', because imperialist and crusading thieves never change so fast internally and spiritually.
Old October 30, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

America as a society is a consumer based society, it's economy is primarily driven by consumers who live there. why would America be afraid of Islam? why pick on Muslims? is it really because of the religion? is it really because of ideological differences? no(at least i don't think so). Many Americans from my personal experience, even though do not believe in Islam, sympathize with Muslims, and understand Islamic Ideals and agree with them. why are there laws banning burqa in france? Because once Islam reaches the hearts and minds of people, people will stop buying Pork, People will stop drinking alcohol, and stop paying interest or taking interest. these factors will destroy the interest based American economy.

What I am trying to say is that Islam will interfere with the Capitalist Agenda.

also, many churches in the United States are not really "religious". they are just there to make money(Churches do not pay taxes). Should i quote examples, or should we look at US history? once Islam dominates a lot of people will go out of business.

I really found this video very disturbing personally and as Bangladesh_sy said, bunch of jokers(barring a couple of people, in particular, that mother who spoke like a true american).

the Imam from tenneesee was put on the spot, Imams(most) are not really well rehearsed to speak in the media. they may be very good at speaking to muslims, but speaking to non-muslims about Islam is a completely different ballgame.

correct me if i am wrong in anything i said...
Old October 31, 2010, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

My old uncle told me that Christiane Amonpour's original root probably goes bnack to our Brahmanbaria, because we have Sultanpour, Durgapur, and our Kharampur, she must be form around there somewhere.