facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 3, 2010, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
And why the F does Indian media talk about it's benefit in space travel. WTH! There are millions dying from famine and people should be more concerned in trying to apply it's usage in that area IE assuming there is any truth to it.
at least be glad that you understood what is it they were saying ! most of the time I can't make sense of a single word they say !

food amnesia ! I wish I had food amnesia !

p.s. blah, are you sure the same guy in your link is conducting the current study ? none of the links are working for me. I searched part of the paragraph in google and found this article which seems to be about some different person. http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze5c.html

The doctor in this link doesn't seem connected to the DRDO in any way.

Last edited by Neel Here; May 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM..

Old May 4, 2010, 12:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Everytime I thought deeply about Count Drakul(a) and vampires in general, it seems like the question/observation/study should be how does he process his waste management in this body of his. He drinks blood and thus survioves between a certain time of day and then go hybornation/dead for a certain times of the day, let's say i's possible, how is the waste getting treated, all that blood? Does he go to toilet? I also wandered, even if I take it that he dies and relives at will everyday but how do all this tissue organs go back and forth between being dead and then alive again? Or are the organs not functioning? Then where does the blood go? I am talking about kidneys, liver etc..,

I am not disbelieving this indian Rishi/Yogi, neither I am, but it's like an X-File to me, Can he, this man be a random case of a super advance mutation where he, this gentleman might be absorbing bacteria, air-born bio-particles like coral and anymonies in the reef eating planktons through their tenticles and skin through a constant breathing the water in thorugh and filtering it out and catching and eating the planktons! I will be really interested in studying his particular waste management facility as I suspect like Sp. Agent Dr. Skully would have agreed with me on this that he may be releasing body waste through his skin, through sweat and through releasing gas like we normally do everyday.

BTW I am not comparing or connecting Dracula and the Yogi/Rishi here, these are random old thoughts of mine that came out now due to this thread.
Old May 4, 2010, 01:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here

p.s. blah, are you sure the same guy in your link is conducting the current study ? none of the links are working for me. I searched part of the paragraph in google and found this article which seems to be about some different person. http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze5c.html

The doctor in this link doesn't seem connected to the DRDO in any way.
Not sure why the links are not working for you. All working just fine here.

- Dr. Sudhir V. Shah is Director of Neurosciences, Sterling Hospital and Teacher for DNB Neurology, Sterling Hospital. according to his website.

- According to BBC, Prahlad Jani is under observation at Sterling Hospital (Source)

- This link that you found is the same content I gave you from the horses mouth (the doctor's own website in PDF file).

The point I was trying to make is this so called doctor links spirituality and hindu religious mysticism to "Prolonged Fasting" with no basis on science, and he has done testing on several people who does prolonged fasting including Prahlad Jani, independently, before this media-hyped observation (which he mentions on the youtube video I linked).

In summary, from my point of view, its a case of two (or more) frauds exploiting the ignorance of general public who doesn't care about basic science (more so in India); and some thick-headed government official thinks they can learn from this fraud and somehow that will help them when sending people to mars (my brain hurts).

I don't buy Food Amnesia hypothesis.
Old May 4, 2010, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

thanks, I didn't notice the sterling hospital connection at first.

Quote:
why though ? it's free and funny as hell !

BK bhai, what cat is that ? one of yours ? kind of looks like an owl.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
You may not find the term in any medical journal but the referenced term can be found engraved permanently in the electronic pages of Urban Dictionary. Maybe you're just not hip enough :P

Last edited by zman; May 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM..
Old June 17, 2010, 10:35 PM
Test Cricketer

A quick update on this story. Everything I said turned out to be true:

http://sanaledamaruku.blogspot.com/2...-lives-on.html

The so called doctor who was in charge of this experiment was also supporter of Jain religion. The result of the evidence was not shared with third party, other than their word of mouth. Third party scientists were not allowed to observe the experiment. The guy was allowed to step outside the CCTV, so he wasn't on constant observation, he was also allowed to meet people from outside.

India, land of the charlatans.
Old June 18, 2010, 12:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Close to that Shinkiyo movement in Japan, led highly educated group of people to attack train full of innocents with sarin gas. But I am surprised to read in the line that some of you doubt dimension above three, the big bang gave the universe 11 dimensions, although I can see why as Witten himself termed the M as for magic, mystery or matrix.

A Foucoltian will easily see the W in it.
Old June 18, 2010, 05:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
@ blah... Not "some" are taking this seriously. I think I am the only one in this forum who has kept an open mind. I don't believe it neither do I disbelieve it.

At any rate, not sure if you are aware of Kaku's book Hyperspace. Using analogy of Abbot's Flatland he gives example what a higher dimensional being is capable. Since I don't have the exact quotes from the book, here is what I could find from this link: http://mkaku.org/home/?page_id=416

The only reason I am so open minded is because I believe that who is to say that this man hasn't gained a 4-D man like transcendence to attain this sort of mind-of-matter ability through his mysticism. Again, I BELIEVE that Jesus and the likes of him also attained this sort of enlightenment by reaching this state of being (fourth dimension) if you will and was able to manipulate reality.

Again to reiterate my previous points, it's a matter of BELIEF and a man should be entitled to his or her own beliefs even if it brings ridicule from the norm. But it disgusts me that others should bully him for his or her own personal belief thinking it's so sexy to be skeptic that someone who believess in them must be a total nutcase. As I said it's his-his her-her own philosophical bent. And if someone has a problem with that I have my middle finger high up.

Excellent post. Surprisingly matches with Susskind's holographic principle

Quote:
The holograms you find on credit cards and banknotes are etched on two-dimensional plastic films. When light bounces off them, it recreates the appearance of a 3D image. In the 1990s physicists Leonard Susskind and Nobel prizewinner Gerard 't Hooft suggested that the same principle might apply to the universe as a whole. Our everyday experience might itself be a holographic projection of physical processes that take place on a distant, 2D surface.