facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 16, 2010, 06:13 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Part of Europe grounded due to volcanic ash

Flights across the UK have been grounded for a second day as volcanic ash from Iceland drifts across Europe, posing a potential threat to aircraft.
Air traffic control body Nats extended its restrictions on UK airspace until at least 0100BST on Saturday.
A tiny number of services are being permitted as the ash clears, mainly in out of Northern Ireland, western Scotland and south-west England.
Nats has also cleared six planes to fly in and out of Manchester before 1300.
The head of forecasting at the Met Office, Brian Goulding, said the disruption could last well into the weekend.
Experts say the tiny particles of rock, glass and sand contained in the ash cloud from the still-erupting volcano could jam aircraft engines, as has happened in previous incidents of planes flying into plumes of volcanic ash.
I have ash from the Icelandic volcano on my car. And I live in Norway!

Laumb, via Twitter

Live: Volcanic cloud over Europe

Nats, which restricted all UK airspace at 1200BST on Thursday, allowed five flights overnight from North America into Belfast, Prestwick and Glasgow airports overnight as gaps in the cloud became apparent.
Nats said that a limited number of flights between Northern Ireland and the western isles of Scotland to and from Glasgow and Prestwick would continue until 1900 on Friday.
North Atlantic traffic to and from Glasgow, Prestwick and Belfast, it added, may also be allowed until then.
A further update is expected at 1430.

-------------------------------

• The airspace of the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Czech Republic and Lithuania is restricted as completely as in the UK
  • Northern parts of Germany, France and Poland are also fully restricted
  • A small number of flights to and from the west are operating from airports at Dublin and Shannon in the Irish Republic and smaller airports in Sweden and Norway
------------

Read full

I was due to fly to Washington today to attend AACR-2010, my flight got cancelled and it was a nightmare to rebook the flight. It's unimaginable sufferings for the air passengers who are stranded at the different airports of Europe.

Old April 16, 2010, 10:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Iceland eibar khepsey. I hope it don't turn out to be a fireland soon. Mercy!!
Old April 16, 2010, 01:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

It's huge! It's now shopoting up huge chunks of ice in and around!! You can see this eruption cloud from the space!!
Old April 16, 2010, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

http://www.mardaletimes.com/index.ph...d=166&Itemid=1

Quote:
Evil Lair Project Goes Live
Written by Editor
Friday, 16 April 2010

Ooh! Clouds!

"They want terrorism, they've got it", former Icelandic Prime Minister Geir Haarde said today from his lair in in a very recently hollowed out volcano. "How much has shutting down your airspace cost you now Mr Brown?" Stroking a fluffy white cat, Mr Haarde added "Bwahahahahahahaha!"
Haarde was deposed by current incumbent Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir in January 2009, three months after the British Government used terrorism legislation to seize Icelandic assets in the UK.

"I was out of a job, with a lot of time on my hands and to be honest, I wasn't exactly ecstatic about being branded a terrorist from a Government who start wars at the drop of a hat. So I've spent the last 15 months putting together a crack team of jump-suited henchmen and civil engineers and we have been busy tunnelling into the Eyjafjallajoekull volcano. The project has been delivered on time and to budget, which is more than the Brits can say about any large scale project they have undertaken in recent memory."

Showing reporters around the retro-modernist glass and steel underground facility, Haarde was keen to underline the green credentials in his new build. "All heat and power in the facility is derived from the volcano itself. Superheated steam powers generators for all our electrical needs and of course the proximity to the molten lava core does keep the place pretty toasty in the winter. Summer will be a bit too warm, perhaps, but we've installed a small wind turbine at the summit which we hope will be able to power the aircon units. "

Lucinda Beckerswith, Green Party member, said "Previous evil lair constructions relied too heavily on high power inputs and as a result had a very large carbon footprint. This innovative design scores top marks for being able to operate efficiently off grid. And of course we have fully supported the aims of the project since it has successfully shut down air travel in most of Northern Europe."

When advised on how much CO2 is currently being emitted by the volcano, Ms Beckerswith replied "Oh, bollocks."
:roflcopter:
Old April 16, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Ei khobor ta "Ofiicial Everything abt Ashrafull" e post korlei hoto.
etaoto Ashrafool eri dosh.
Old April 16, 2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

keyamot kache ashche. yeh allah have mercy on ash
Old April 18, 2010, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Stranded in Dhaka.
Old April 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Stranded in Dhaka.

I hope the situation improves Purbasha T. Because it does not look good. It is getting so desperate some people are paying 600 pounds to thousands to go places like Paris/Brussels from London. (Not making it up as I have been driving Taxi for last few months but have not been lucky to get that big of a fare yet...still there is hope.)