facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 27, 2009, 11:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Default the summer heat

it's wayyy too hot and humid this summer, I wish it was a bit cooler...my A/C doesn't work until i move into the new house next weekend..

lol, i have no idea why i opened this thread.

i drink a lot of water and take 3 showers on a two day intervall...but it is still hot.

please post if you are complaining about the heat...
Old July 27, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cricket Savant

toking is haram ^

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 27, 2009, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

We just have a ton of rain.... Most days of week its really cloudy or raining.... very annoying..
Old July 28, 2009, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Just work ... I remember my Princeton summers being far more productive than the Stanford ones -- the muggy hot summers of New Jersey discouraged one from stepping out of the climate-controlled lab, while the lovely Northern California weather (not to mention the denizens) made one want to go out for a stroll or a bike ride every couple of hours or so.

And be grateful that you aren't in the DC-Bethesda area like me. During summers you end up recalling that the place was built on swampland.
Old July 28, 2009, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Summertime's the best!

Beach, beach, and more beach!
Old July 28, 2009, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Summertime's the best!

Beach, beach, and more beach!
Beach-e gele sunscreen byabohaar korte bhule jeo na. Just because we are brown doesn't mean we can't get sunburnt or worse, melanoma years later.
Old July 28, 2009, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

its hot down here in Florida also but luckily I don't have to go out of the house a lot and my ac works.
Old July 28, 2009, 12:10 PM

It was raining torrents last night... 290mm of rain in 6 hours they said. And all day its drizzled here in Dhaka today. Guess what that meant (unless you've already watched the BD channels' news).... Flooded and Waterlogged streets, homes, shops, offices, schools, 6 fatalities through electrocution, crores of takas of damage, and traffic jams. The aftermath was pretty bad today,
Old July 28, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
It was raining torrents last night... 290mm of rain in 6 hours they said. And all day its drizzled here in Dhaka today. Guess what that meant (unless you've already watched the BD channels' news).... Flooded and Waterlogged streets, homes, shops, offices, schools, 6 fatalities through electrocution, crores of takas of damage, and traffic jams. The aftermath was pretty bad today,
We had some waterlogged streets here in toronto too. Not as bad as in Bangladesh.
Although a MASSIVE sinkhole appeared on finch (blocks most of street).
Also I work at best buy computers department, and we got a TON of people coming in and complaining because their computers got fried from power surge due to thunderstorms.
Old July 28, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

I used to like rain before but now....its a big piss off. Right now its not raining but its windy and cloudy, doesnt feel like summber at all
Old July 28, 2009, 08:56 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Quote:
Bangladesh capital sees biggest rain in 53 years
(AP) – 13 hours ago
DHAKA, Bangladesh — The heaviest rain in 53 years battered Bangladesh's capital Tuesday, leaving at least six people dead and stranding thousands in their swamped homes.
The national weather office said 13 inches (33.3 centimeters) of rain fell in 12 hours in Dhaka, an overcrowded city of about 10 million people — the most in a single day since 1956.
Live power lines snapped and killed at least six people, including two children, in central Dhaka, hospital authorities said. They gave no further details.
Huge snarls of traffic inched along, with people waist-deep in water. Commuters waded their way home or waited for hours to get transport.
"I've been waiting here for three hours for a bus to come," said Halima Khatoon, a garment worker in the city's Badda district.
The private NTV television station reported that residents in low-lying areas were stranded in their homes. Trading on the Dhaka stock exchange was delayed for half the day, and schools in flooded areas were closed.
Floods caused by monsoon rains are common in Bangladesh, a delta nation of 150 million people.
AFP

Old July 28, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cricket Guru

OH! how much I hate summer. well In Melbourne its Winter, my favourite season!
I hate summer so much, no matter how much sunscreen you use... you still get dark and your skin feels dry and OH its just terrible. I hate dry heat. But summer in BAngladesh I must say is waaay worse. Its like you need to have a shower every 5 seconds there lol. I like laying under the a/c in summer, and also on the tiles I wonder how I'd live without and A/c . But the weird thing about me is in summer, before I go to sleep I put the a/c on full and sleep with a blanket lol blankets make me feel safe
Old July 28, 2009, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
OH! how much I hate summer. well In Melbourne its Winter, my favourite season!
I hate summer so much, no matter how much sunscreen you use... you still get dark and your skin feels dry and OH its just terrible. I hate dry heat. But summer in BAngladesh I must say is waaay worse. Its like you need to have a shower every 5 seconds there lol. I like laying under the a/c in summer, and also on the tiles I wonder how I'd live without and A/c . But the weird thing about me is in summer, before I go to sleep I put the a/c on full and sleep with a blanket lol blankets make me feel safe
I am with you one this one. I hate summer. I would even take the cold canadian winter over summer any day. I cant sleep without AC during summer here. Infact when I was in BD i used to have the AC on during winter when I went to sleep !!!! I cant sleep without a blanket on me either !!!! Recently I went to a cottage with a group of friends and I had a the toughest time sleeping at night because there was no AC in the cottage. I know a friend of mine who is the exact opposite. HE cant sleep without the heater being on and the room boiling !!!!
Old July 28, 2009, 07:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

shaad bhai - you were in my neck of woods? (nor cal) when?
Old July 28, 2009, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
shaad bhai - you were in my neck of woods? (nor cal) when?
'92 - '98 (Stanford/Palo Alto); loved the weather, the food, and the people, but finally grew nostalgic for the cynicism and stress of the East Coast.
Old July 28, 2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
'92 - '98 (Stanford/Palo Alto); loved the weather, the food, and the people, but finally grew nostalgic for the cynicism and stress of the East Coast.
or was it the cost of living in NorCal?

are you an NHI gube?
Old July 29, 2009, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoikoth
or was it the cost of living in NorCal?
Hardly. Living in Boston while doing a postdoc at Harvard Med was more expensive. And Bethesda now is certainly no cheaper. No, unfortunately, I somehow always ended up in places where the cost of living tended to be high. But the scholarships/fellowships covered it then, so I have no cause for complaint.

Mind you, when I was doing my PhD, my peers and I were always a little envious of grad students in the MidWest. The stipends were similar, but while they could afford a mortgage on a house, we considered ourselves fortunate if we could find a decent studio apartment within biking distance of the campus (it was the dotcom boom then, which ensured sky-high rents). I actually knew grad students (in the humanities, who had much lower stipends) who lived out of their cars. And, back then, Stanford actually had a trailer park on their premises.
Old July 28, 2009, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Between 20 and 28 C here. If only this was permanent...
Old July 28, 2009, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Its perfect in Britain, bright and sunny, the odd shower to keep it cool.
Old July 28, 2009, 08:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

that is sooo sad

Global warming is NOT a myth what do you think shaad bhai?