View Single Post
Old March 19, 2023, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Shanto and Liton were always thought be talented players by management. BD players can take a long time to mature, but you got to show something in order for team management to invest in you for a long time. Even last BPL Shanto scored a brilliant century, and Litton played a knock against Ind. Shanto still is not out of the woods yet.

In the case of Mossadek, of all the matches he played in ODI/T20, he just hasn't done anything note worthy. Now, with upcoming players like Mahmudul Joy, Towid Hridoy and few others, competition is now more fierce for Mossadek/Afif than ever before.
I am not questioning Shanto or Liton's talent. Point that I was trying to make - had they been asked to bat in late order like Mosaddek, Afif, or Yasir, where you have to start hitting from first ball, they probably would not have shown that many success either.

Shanto have been taken in the T20I WC last year based on his performances in BPL 2019. Mosaddek had dominating allround performances in DPL last year (far better than Joy or Hridoy as a batter alone), yet he's being ignored from the ODI team. He's an allrounder we need to groom for post Shakib era, more so than Miraz for overseas conditions.

Number 7 is a specialized position, it's foolish to stick a top order batter (Afif) or middle order batter (Yasir, Mosaddek) there. Whoever you choose for this slot, you have to be patient with him for a year or two, not just a series or two, because this batter will have many more failures than success at the slot.